Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy on Howe Avenue in Cuyahoga Falls, OH had about two dozen Meta Knights on the shelf as of a couple of hours ago. I grabbed the two best looking ones (one for me and one for a friend). I definitely wasn't impressed with the paint job on Meta though, as about 80% of them were scratched and blotched with black marks. I was lucky to get two flawless figures though. Hope that helps someone in the area out, though you may have to settle for a figure with poor painting.
Heh, never seen a MK in person, huh? It is supposed to have those marks on the mask in order to simulate battle damage and such. I remember everyone freaking out when MK first appeared. An easy mistake to make if you don't know it is intentional.

Disagree. Ness has been selling consistently on Ebay and Craigslist in the $60+ range and Robin and Lucina have been in the $45-$50 range. I personally think Ness was harder to get simply because it never went up online and if you got unlucky at your local GS store during that one afternoon with preorders, you were out of luck.Robin and Lucina both were available from multiple retailers both for preorder and on release day, albeit in very limited quantities.
If you're an east coaster Ness really wasn't hard to get. I waited three hours in GameStop only to have him "sell out". Fifteen minutes later I got a call from the manager saying he was back in stock and by 5:30, I'd gotten one ordered. By 6:15, I'd gotten a second to open and by 6:30 I had managed to get a third for a co-worker who mains Ness. I think he actually sold out around 7:15.

9 - 5 workers on the east coast could have very easily dropped in and gotten one after work. People in other timezones not so much (but you guys had it easy with web preorders since they tended to go up at 3AM EST). Robin and Lucina were impossible for me to get outside of waiting at Best Buy.

Once I can trade one of my DDD or my Lucario for a Greninja, I'll only be short Robin and Lucina for the rares from this wave. Huge thanks to Amonthar for selling me Ness for a very reasonable price, that was pretty amazing.

I've got a trade pending already actually, nevermind!
You're welcome. Best of luck. I hope that Ness gets there safe and sound.

Got the last 2 Meta Knights here in NoVa. Had them hidden in back but without giving the SKU, it wouldn't of happened. Thanks fellas for the info!

On that note, more than willing to part with the extra. Wrong thread, (I know) but gotta wait 30 days before I can post there it seems. This is what I get for being a long time CAG lurker. Grr..

Ninja edit: I meant trade. No scalping here.

Got the last 2 Meta Knights here in NoVa. Had them hidden in back but without giving the SKU, it wouldn't of happened. Thanks fellas for the info!

On that note, more than willing to part with the extra. Wrong thread, (I know) but gotta wait 30 days before I can post there it seems. This is what I get for being a long time CAG lurker. Grr..

Ninja edit: I meant trade. No scalping here.
Pretty good virgin post.

Tried posting this earlier. Stopped by BB in Tuttle after convincing associate to check for MK. She said they had one which she held for me. Checked for others when I arrived and video game associate let me know there were others in back that he did not put out b/c lack of room. He brought out a Marth. Only one b/ several MKs left. Black and Blue amiibo case was on sale for 10 bucks.

Well, just came home from my part time job at Target and I scanned a few Amiibo labels to see if any were coming in soon and low and behold, The Target I work at has discontinued all the Amiibo including all of wave 4. WTF. We have this 4 foot section Amiibo display with about 25 peg hooks with nothing but 3 Bowsers, a few Princess Zelda, and the rest Mario and Luigi. Target just needs to take the Amiibo display down and stop advertising them since they only get 1 batch in and then that's it.

Most bestbuy have they shipment today, most stores put stuff out after 6PM OR early tomorrow morning. Seem like everyone will attacking bestbuy tomorrow morning :)

Went to BB before they closed, got a Meta Knight, but missed getting one of the 2(!) Marths that went out earlier.

Yup! Meta Knight confirmed!

Managed to snag one this evening when I stopped by the local Best Buy. A very pleasant surprise. Didn't see any other hard-to-find figures though.

Best Buy on Howe Avenue in Cuyahoga Falls, OH had about two dozen Meta Knights on the shelf as of a couple of hours ago. I grabbed the two best looking ones (one for me and one for a friend). I definitely wasn't impressed with the paint job on Meta though, as about 80% of them were scratched and blotched with black marks. I was lucky to get two flawless figures though. Hope that helps someone in the area out, though you may have to settle for a figure with poor painting.
I believe MK is supposed to look battle-worn, hence the reason for what looks like dirt on his mask. I don't think there are clean ones.

I believe MK is supposed to look battle-worn, hence the reason for what looks like dirt on his mask. I don't think there are clean ones.
Out of the ones I saw at BB earlier today(yesterday technically), only 3 had the entire left gauntlet painted. The QC on these is just that bad.

Out of the ones I saw at BB earlier today(yesterday technically), only 3 had the entire left gauntlet painted. The QC on these is just that bad.
Can't believe this is coming up again.

Hes suppose to look battle worn. If you get a "clean" one then you actually have a bad paint job.

Honestly, thank goodness amiibo aren't as scarce as they once were. gg nintendo
Yeah, the resurgence of the previously super rare ones helps. The ultra rares need to see a reprint or whatever Nintendo did with Meta Knight though. I'm not sure why Nintendo feels they have to make any of these rare at all. It's pretty clear people will buy them regardless.

Sup everyone, a little off topic. Just here to give updates on the CAG alert chat situation. There has been a lot of problems and trolls that ruined everything over the past 2-3 weeks.

We've reestablished things and are working towards re-adding everyone that was lost, all the wait listed members that have been waiting forever to get in, as well as some fresh blood, as the new app we are using seems to have room for more than 200 people.

The new app is Wechat. It can be downloaded from the Play Store on Android or The App Store on iOS.

Those who wish to join/rejoin, please send me a PM with your Wechat username and I will send you the invitations. We currently have 3 rooms. A chat room for discussion, a US alerts room for all US related alerts for Amiibo and an international alerts room for international alerts. I will send invitations for all three. We are asking all members join both the chat and the US alerts, in case there are any announcements and also to keep track of things.

We all only have a few rules and expectations we need all members to follow.

1. The alert room is ONLY for alerts. No comments at all. We all make mistakes sometimes, so if you accidentally post, don't apologize in the alerts. You just make the situation worse.
2. Please be kind to each other. This is not a fight or something. We are all just trying to get some amiibos. Let's not make it out to be more than that. If there are personal issues between members bring it to me or defeatuforever's attention.

3. No more lurker vs active members drama or any drama at all. We should all contribute, but don't harp on people who don't. I and many of us appreciate alerts greatly from all members. Don't think your work is going unnoticed for those that actively find things.

If these are not followed, you will kicked from alerts.

Also a tip: You can mute chat rooms like LINE by clicking the group icon in the room, scrolling to the bottom and then clicking the mute option.

Anyway shoot me a PM with your wechat username if you are interested. If you have already sent me a PM from before today and were never added to LINE, I will be getting to you as well, though if you do decide to PM me again, just let me know you had before and were never added. Also, a bit weird, but there is no need to thank me after you have been added. You're welcome. The PMs just become out of control with people saying thanks lol.

If you however have any issues, feel free to PM me here or message me (SkafloneTek) or DefeatUForever on the Wechat app if you need any help with anything or are having issues. We'll try our best to help.

I hope everyone can act mature about this from now on and realize this only helps us and gives us a great advantage in the hunt. I doubt many would have gotten Wave 4 TRU and Walmart without these alerts at 4 in the morning or any of those unicorn JP restocks. Let's not ruin it with drama.

Sorry for the long post. Delete if not allowed mods.

Sup everyone, a little off topic. Just here to give updates on the CAG alert chat situation. There has been a lot of problems and trolls that ruined everything over the past 2-3 weeks.

We've reestablished things and are working towards re-adding everyone that was lost, all the wait listed members that have been waiting forever to get in, as well as some fresh blood, as the new app we are using seems to have room for more than 200 people.

The new app is Wechat. It can be downloaded from the Play Store on Android or The App Store on iOS.

Those who wish to join/rejoin, please send me a PM with your Wechat username and I will send you the invitations. We currently have 3 rooms. A chat room for discussion, a US alerts room for all US related alerts for Amiibo and an international alerts room for international alerts. I will send invitations for all three. We are asking all members join both the chat and the US alerts, in case there are any announcements and also to keep track of things.

We all only have a few rules and expectations we need all members to follow.

1. The alert room is ONLY for alerts. No comments at all. We all make mistakes sometimes, so if you accidentally post, don't apologize in the alerts. You just make the situation worse.
2. Please be kind to each other. This is not a fight or something. We are all just trying to get some amiibos. Let's not make it out to be more than that. If there are personal issues between members bring it to me or defeatuforever's attention.

3. No more lurker vs active members drama or any drama at all. We should all contribute, but don't harp on people who don't. I and many of us appreciate alerts greatly from all members. Don't think your work is going unnoticed for those that actively find things.

If these are not followed, you will kicked from alerts.

Also a tip: You can mute chat rooms like LINE by clicking the group icon in the room, scrolling to the bottom and then clicking the mute option.

Anyway shoot me a PM with your wechat username if you are interested. If you have already sent me a PM from before today and were never added to LINE, I will be getting to you as well, though if you do decide to PM me again, just let me know you had before and were never added. Also, a bit weird, but there is no need to thank me after you have been added. You're welcome. The PMs just become out of control with people saying thanks lol.

If you however have any issues, feel free to PM me here or message me (SkafloneTek) or DefeatUForever on the Wechat app if you need any help with anything or are having issues. We'll try our best to help.

I hope everyone can act mature about this from now on and realize this only helps us and gives us a great advantage in the hunt. I doubt many would have gotten Wave 4 TRU and Walmart without these alerts at 4 in the morning or any of those unicorn JP restocks. Let's not ruin it with drama.

Sorry for the long post. Delete if not allowed mods.
Thank you for not abandoning us skaflone!
Been hoping/wishing for a rebirth of the alerts
Wave 5 is coming...

I love seeing pictures of everyone's collection.  So I figure I would put mine up too.  I let my daughters set them up:  [attachment=14730:IMG_2969.JPG]

But....for Marth doe?

I doubt that. GS was the last ones to carry the restocks, I believe. Sigh*
Best Buy is seeing very limited stock coming in the past few days. Like a couple per store if that. It's a confirmed restock. All be it small compared to their quantities of MetaKnight restock.

Yeah, was stopping in a BB yesterday anyway so I asked about MK and Marth, she went in the back and said, yes there's a whole box or two of this guy that we literally JUST got off the truck, but said she wasn't sure about Marth.  Since I already have a Marth I figured I'd just let the next amiibro pick him up.  They had at least 8 or 10 MK though, so looks like that'd be a good restock.

Can't believe this is coming up again.

Hes suppose to look battle worn. If you get a "clean" one then you actually have a bad paint job.
I've read other comments and information elsewhere that says that is false. Meta Knight would be the only Amiibo figure that doesn't look like the designed packaging if that were the case. If he were supposed to be worn the packaging would show him worn and there would be some kind of consistency with the wear to his mask. Some of the figures I saw had more black than silver on them, some had scratches, some had smudges, some had paint bubbles. Some of them only have one side scuffed up, or the bottom/top was scuffed. There is absolutely no consistency and each Meta Knights seems to be a unique little snow flake. You can tell the paint is bleeding through the silver on many of them. Just a rush job by the manufacturing company/Nintendo. You can try to justify that it is supposed to look like crap, but everything else I have found as said otherwise.

P.S. I realize some people actually prefer to the "battle worn" look and the poor QC works out for those people. For me, I prefer the clean, designed look.

Well....Gamestop just up and cancelled my Shulk order from 2/12/15.  Just received an email.  I know that my bank account, etc. is in order.  So Gamestop can ship out additional supplies to its brick and mortar but not take care of an online order or even provide an explanation?  I will try calling them but now my list of needs is back up to Captain Falcon, Villager, and Shulk =(.

Got a Marth at Best Buy last night.  Was in there looking at other stuff and just wandered over to check.  Was the only one.

Thought it was just crazy somehow leftover from last Fri but should have known something else was up.

I've read other comments and information elsewhere that says that is false. Meta Knight would be the only Amiibo figure that doesn't look like the designed packaging if that were the case. If he were supposed to be worn the packaging would show him worn and there would be some kind of consistency with the wear to his mask. Some of the figures I saw had more black than silver on them, some had scratches, some had smudges, some had paint bubbles. Some of them only have one side scuffed up, or the bottom/top was scuffed. There is absolutely no consistency and each Meta Knights seems to be a unique little snow flake. You can tell the paint is bleeding through the silver on many of them. Just a rush job by the manufacturing company/Nintendo. You can try to justify that it is supposed to look like crap, but everything else I have found as said otherwise.

P.S. I realize some people actually prefer to the "battle worn" look and the poor QC works out for those people. For me, I prefer the clean, designed look.
So your's mask is all silver no blemishes?
Tbh I Have not seen a clean meta knight id be curious to see how one looks. Also if the blemishes are cause qc why is it difficult to find a completely clean one opposed to blemished ones? Are the majority of mk defective, or is it opinion?

meta knight is a bit battle damaged. I went over several from different best buys and they always look the same, one swith more, others wirh less. 

does anyone have the sKU of marth at bestbuy?

I looked through the ones at Best Buy and the 3 I have (1 open, 1 sealed 1 trade) and they all have different levels of "battle wear" with one of them looking pretty flawless, one with noticeable black lines in his helmet and the other one looks like about 25% of his helmet is black there is so much smudging alone his helmet lines and chin 

Well....Gamestop just up and cancelled my Shulk order from 2/12/15. Just received an email. I know that my bank account, etc. is in order. So Gamestop can ship out additional supplies to its brick and mortar but not take care of an online order or even provide an explanation? I will try calling them but now my list of needs is back up to Captain Falcon, Villager, and Shulk =(.
WOW, that's BS. But in the grand scheme of things, anytime you have a B&M along with online, stuff like this is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back