Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Following the same train of thought from my last post, what other items do the people in here collect? It's "down time" of sorts for miibo news, so maybe some conversation that isn't focused on the difference between a scalper and a trader.

Personally, I have a ton of Philadelphia-related sports items, particularly Sixers since I am a season ticket holder. I also collect games, with my focus right now on trying to obtain all North American N64 games (not doing the whole "Not for Resale", obscure cart variations, or CIB... just carts are fine)
Old video games/consoles (sometimes CIB, but only for old favorites), various limited edition video game items, X-Files Comics, VHS tapes, and few other things I've put on hold because of amiibos.
I love collecting.

This fucking Robin Amiibo... I've been flaked on 2 times on Craigslist now. If anyone has Sealed Ness, Shulk, Marth, Villager, Little Mac, Pit or Captain Falcon Amiibos that they would do a 1:1 trade, hit me up. Region doesn't matter as they will be getting opened.

fuck Craigslist

AND IT'S GONE. Just that fast. the other person is shipping first, and no wasting gas bullshit with Craigslist

I posted earlier I was looking for a Robin and have a Marth available but dont mind me just because I'm new. Already stated I'd even ship first. *smh*

Anyways, as far as collecting other items, beimg a 30yr old dad just lots of sport junks, coca cola collection and old games. Pretty simple stuff.

I posted earlier I was looking for a Robin and have a Marth available but dont mind me just because I'm new. Already stated I'd even ship first. *smh*

Anyways, as far as collecting other items, beimg a 30yr old dad just lots of sport junks, coca cola collection and old games. Pretty simple stuff.
I must have overlooked that post. The guy I traded with has 0 feedback, so being a new user doesn't bother me as long as they ship first.

Following the same train of thought from my last post, what other items do the people in here collect? It's "down time" of sorts for miibo news, so maybe some conversation that isn't focused on the difference between a scalper and a trader.

Personally, I have a ton of Philadelphia-related sports items, particularly Sixers since I am a season ticket holder. I also collect games, with my focus right now on trying to obtain all North American N64 games (not doing the whole "Not for Resale", obscure cart variations, or CIB... just carts are fine)
Video game figures, I have a handful of movie/anime ones but mostly video games as it's my never-ending passion. They're very expensive though so I'm probably going to drop off of the more expensive $60+ figures and probably just going to stick with cheaper NECA style stuff.

I'm looking at all these amiibos I have atm, and I can easily see how buying these gets out of hand, I have about 7 NIB right now and it's weird to think how they're each like $15 after tax, some from games I don't even care about.

That is good. Picked up WFT and Fox from that guys store, 43$ shipped.
Combined, that's less than either one would cost you for an American one. Tempted to pick up another WFT (traded mine for a Dedede). I'll hold off until I get payed on Wednesday. Don't have a whole lot of scratch right now and don't want to pull money from my savings account for a toy. Hopefully, there are still some $23-$25 WFTs on the 'Bay mid week

Same here with the video games although I don't have a particular system I'm focusing on. I just want old carts and games to play so only collecting stuff I'm interested in. I also collect Funko (my poor wallet hates me with all the new Fallout and Elder Scrolls ones they announced this week) and the DBZ TCG. There are so many other things I want to start collecting like Zoids models/kits but those can get pricey as shit.

Does anyone know how Nintendo is handling the reprints? 

It seems like Marth and Meta Knight are hitting up stores, but Lucario still seems pretty damn rare. So does Shulk. And I don't think Rosa got a reprint, did she? 

Does anyone know how Nintendo is handling the reprints?

It seems like Marth and Meta Knight are hitting up stores, but Lucario still seems pretty damn rare. So does Shulk. And I don't think Rosa got a reprint, did she?
Only in Japan. The Japanese market demand for amiibo are much lower than in the U.S.

What country do you live in? You have to take in mind the equivalent amount for your country. Something here in the US that costs $12.99 may not cost $12.99 in say Australia.
I live in Argentina. It's all because of taxes but hurts just the same. I only buy digital as a new (standard edition) game cost 120 dollars (seriously, double) but with Amiibos there's no choice! =(

I live in Argentina. It's all because of taxes but hurts just the same. I only buy digital as a new (standard edition) game cost 120 dollars (seriously, double) but with Amiibos there's no choice! =(
Well, $1 USD is the equivalent of 9.05 ARS (Argentine Pesos), so if anything - according to you're logic, each amiibo should cost the same as $117.55 UDS in your country

Finally got a Metaknight!  Unfortunately his mask is all sorts of shitty paint apps/scuffs.  Sigh.  Are most like that/is that new for the restock?

Also, if anyone frequents the Joliet, IL store, guy in the department said they got 3 Marths (aren't they 4 to a case?  odd...) that sold instantly, but are expecting some Captain Falcon on Monday's truck.  Didn't hear about a Cap restock.  I've already got one but wanted to give local peeps a heads up.

Finally got a Metaknight! Unfortunately his mask is all sorts of shitty paint apps/scuffs. Sigh. Are most like that/is that new for the restock?
Meta Knight intentionally looks like that by design (from the first wave of them and the newest restock). It's to replicate the battle worn look. I promise you, everyone here who has a MK has one with a scratched up mask

Here's Mine [attachment=14804:Meta Knight mask.jpg]

You can at least buy common ones on eBay and ask sellers to mark it as a gift with a low value on the customs form. I do that for Brazilians all the time whenever I sell games internationally.

Thanks for the peace of mind and the pic!  I'm just happy to finally have one (love Meta Knight, one of the few I was missing).  Even better to know my fears were unfounded!

Finally got a Metaknight! Unfortunately his mask is all sorts of shitty paint apps/scuffs. Sigh. Are most like that/is that new for the restock?

Also, if anyone frequents the Joliet, IL store, guy in the department said they got 3 Marths (aren't they 4 to a case? odd...) that sold instantly, but are expecting some Captain Falcon on Monday's truck. Didn't hear about a Cap restock. I've already got one but wanted to give local peeps a heads up.
Captai falcon restock? Really???

Also, if anyone frequents the Joliet, IL store, guy in the department said they got 3 Marths (aren't they 4 to a case? odd...) that sold instantly, but are expecting some Captain Falcon on Monday's truck. Didn't hear about a Cap restock. I've already got one but wanted to give local peeps a heads up.
Interesting. I actually went there Friday and was told they had Marth in stock. But when they looked for it, they couldn't find it. Thanks for the heads up on Falcon though!

Unfortunately it is due to poor painting that affected a large number of Meta Knight samples on the market. There are Meta Knights with clean masks (about 20-25% of the stock I saw near me were clean of the paint apps/scuffs). The problem is so widespread that people believe it is actually intentional. On the plus side for you, many people prefer to "battle worn" look, so no harm if you enjoy him looking like that. I prefer his mask without the scuffs though. To each their own.

People need to stop with this.

it's Intentional. I find it hard to believe that almost all meta knights are a defect lol.
You'd think if it was a defect they'd have fixed the second print run.

It's intentional, people. If "clean" masks exist it's because the process of adding the wear is random not because that was intended.

For everyone that's unhappy about the mask then why don't they just go down to Michael's and get some paint, a paint brush, and do it yourself then?

Unfortunately it is due to poor painting that affected a large number of Meta Knight samples on the market. There are Meta Knights with clean masks (about 20-25% of the stock I saw near me were clean of the paint apps/scuffs). The problem is so widespread that people believe it is actually intentional. On the plus side for you, many people prefer to "battle worn" look, so no harm if you enjoy him looking like that. I prefer his mask without the scuffs though. To each their own.
Yeah, same. I was lucky the guy in front of me at release let me pick my favorite paintjob and I got one with a clean mask. Got two from this restock sent to my local store and luckily one was clean as well, but the second one is a little dirtier.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I grabbed a clean masked one Friday night from the exact store, my first amiibo. do you frequent that store? I check in when I go to the gym for street tags and to see if any rare amiibos randomly pop up. if you'd like I can keep an eye out for something specific, don't mind helping a local CAG out.

I grabbed a clean masked one Friday night from the exact store, my first amiibo. do you frequent that store? I check in when I go to the gym for street tags and to see if any rare amiibos randomly pop up. if you'd like I can keep an eye out for something specific, don't mind helping a local CAG out.
Thanks but I was just in the area visiting my parents in Minooka. Still need a Robin and Lucina but not gonna hold my breath :D

The restock of Meta Knight literally looks no different then the original release. The wear and tear on the paint is intentional and was in the first run as well. I could put my original and restock side by side and no one on here would be able to tell the difference.
Yeah, but they DO have a different stamp on the back of the package than the original. Probably won't matter as much as the Merth/Marth restamps, but just a pointless fact to throw out there. :)

Same here with the video games although I don't have a particular system I'm focusing on. I just want old carts and games to play so only collecting stuff I'm interested in. I also collect Funko (my poor wallet hates me with all the new Fallout and Elder Scrolls ones they announced this week) and the DBZ TCG. There are so many other things I want to start collecting like Zoids models/kits but those can get pricey as shit.
Wha?? They have ES funko? <runs to google>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back