Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy them all and then sue Best Buy because the masks look dirty. That one asshole doesn't seem to have a problem being a jerk like that.

In all honesty though, Meta Knight is starting to be more uncommon than rare, but you should still pick one up if you don't have it yet
Explain how I'm being a jerk, exactly. Somebody lists one on eBay with non-stock picture. Item does not match picture. How is that my fault? If I'm going to pay extra to not have to roll the dice and maybe find one at Best Buy, I should get the one that's advertised. And the guy only gave me three bucks back. Especially if he has GCU, it's not like he lost money on it.

Nintendo world store is stupid to me. It's meant for the locals or near by towns to shop at or if someone visits. No one travels from out of state to go shop there.
(spoilering my reply so as to not clog up the thread too much, just want to make some things clear).
People travel from all the neighboring states just for the exclusives/launches at the store. I live in SNJ (2 hours away with traffic) and LI (1 hour and a half away with traffic) on different days. I go there all the time. I've met people who have traveled from Boston, Connecticut, and even Virginia multiple times for exclusives.

If Nintendo wanted to be fair they would offer those limited shirts on their official website for everyone to be able to order. The amount produced and sold has nothing to do with where you sell the items. It can be just as limited and sold online but gives everyone who wants one a chance.

Instead Nintendo makes a store in NY and stocks it with limited edition items that like 50% of the inventory walking out is going up on listings on ebay price gouging people. They did the same with a pokemon store.
If you wanted to complain about exclusivity, you should have picked an item you know more about: the NW shirt is question is meant to be nintendo world store's 10 year anniversary shirt. This is one exclusive that actually makes sense, because there's absolutely no point in selling it anywhere else.

Other than that, NW doesn't have as many exclusives as people think stocked daily. They just get bigger and more frequent stock of items that are hard to find. It's not like price gouging on these items doesn't happen anywhere else.
There's really only two items they sold in recent memory that were completely unfair and should have been available everywere: the US MK8 and Hyrule Warrior LEs. They were available to pre-order online elsewhere but you could only get them at NW in the US. That was stupid.

Explain how I'm being a jerk, exactly. Somebody lists one on eBay with non-stock picture. Item does not match picture. How is that my fault?
Give us a link to the seller/item and we can assess it ourselves. Until you provide that, we will just assume you're a shady buyer who just wanted something for cheap when it takes literally 2 seconds to see if Meta Knight's mask looks dingy on purpose. Here, I'll help you out

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=meta+knight+amiibo+mask+dirty

But noooooo. You had to screw over the seller because you had buyer's remorse and didn't feel like paying what you did when all was said and done

Give us a link to the seller/item and we can assess it ourselves. Until you provide that, we will just assume you're a shady buyer who just wanted something for cheap when it takes literally 2 seconds to see if Meta Knight's mask looks dingy on purpose. Here, I'll help you out

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=meta+knight+amiibo+mask+dirty

But noooooo. You had to screw over the seller because you had buyer's remorse and didn't feel like paying what you did when all was said and done
Be my guest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251981512731?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If I was as big a jerk as you seem to think I am, I would've opened a dispute and eBay would've refunded it, or I would've gotten a bigger partial refund, and his PowerSeller rating would've been dragged through the mud. He acknowledged that the item didn't match the listing, gave me a couple bucks back, and it was dealt with amicably.

(spoilering my reply so as to not clog up the thread too much, just want to make some things clear).
People travel from all the neighboring states just for the exclusives at the store. I live in SNJ (2 hours away with traffic) and LI (1 hour and a half away with traffic) on different days. I go there all the time. I've met people who have traveled from Boston, Connecticut, and even Virginia multiple times for exclusives.

If you wanted to complain about exclusivity, you should have picked an item you know more about: the NW shirt is question is meant to be nintendo world store's 10 year anniversary shirt. This is one exclusive that actually makes sense, because there's absolutely no point in selling it anywhere else.

Other than that, NW doesn't have as many exclusives as people think stocked daily. They just get bigger and more frequent stock of items that are hard to find. It's not like price gouging on these items doesn't happen anywhere else.
There's really only two items they sold in recent memory that were completely unfair and should have been available everywere: the US MK8 and Hyrule Warrior LEs. They were available to pre-order online elsewhere but you could only get them at NW in the US. That was stupid.
Where is a good spot to park around NWS, i live out on LI and would prob visit more but I dont know city parking all too well as i tend to only visit NYC for random events and only by the LIRR.

Be my guest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251981512731?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If I was as big a jerk as you seem to think I am, I would've opened a dispute and eBay would've refunded it, or I would've gotten a bigger partial refund, and his PowerSeller rating would've been dragged through the mud. He acknowledged that the item didn't match the listing, gave me a couple bucks back, and it was dealt with amicably.
Granted, the one in the listing does look different, I would hardly consider someone with just over 200 feedback a "power seller."

Where is a good spot to park around NWS, i live out on LI and would prob visit more but I dont know city parking all too well as i tend to only visit NYC for random events and only by the LIRR.
To be honest, the area around NWS is the worst place to find parking. Public transportation is really the best way in my opinion. One thing I learned is that you really gotta read the signs carefully to avoid any confusion.

Take the subway. Nintendo World is right in Rockefeller Plaza. Traffic is bad, and parking is going to run you $30+ for an hour.

Granted, the one in the listing does look different, I would hardly consider someone with just over 200 feedback a "power seller."
I wouldn't either, but when I went on My eBay to see what I could do, it wouldn't let me do anything other than contact the seller directly, because "You cannot open a dispute with this PowerSeller until 7 days after the end of the listing."

Which was fine, since I avoid bringing eBay into it unless there's a real problem. The last time I did, it was a few years ago, a Wii remote caddy that had been sitting in a heavy smoker's house for months. Sure, it was "brand new", but it smelled like a smokestack. I had to put it in the garage until I could mail it back to him.

Not a lot of good spots unfortunately. I tend to get lucky, and find a spot down the street (you pay for a few hours and then I believe after 6pm it's free).
There's also the parking garage right next to the store but, with it's prices you're better off taking the train. :p
I've been told frequently that a lot of people from LIRR drive to a certain train station in Brooklyn I think where the car park is free all day and gated then take the train. Unfortunately I have no recollection of the station's name...
Most of the time I get rides or take the train as well to be honest.

I was right about him selling multiple Meta Knight amiibo and using the same picture. Here's another auction of his with the same photo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meta-Knight-Amiibo-Nintendo-Wii-U-Rare-US-NA-Edition-Best-Buy-Exclusive-/261912924002?nma=true&si=t4KVcsO92X4%252FUcsZgeTpO269VUU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Whatever. I just wanted to get my wife a nice present. I admit my own ignorance in not knowing that it was normal. I only have a few common amiibo otherwise (Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Mega Man) and don't usually go out of my way to get rare stuff, but she likes Meta Knight, so there you go.

Even though some of you couldn't seem to manage a straight answer of "yes, it's supposed to be like that" without accusing me of being a dick until I provided proof, this thread helped me give her an informed answer: it's supposed to look like that. She still loves it.

Geez, next time I'll just ask on Reddit. Shit.

I was right about him selling multiple Meta Knight amiibo and using the same picture. Here's another auction of his with the same photo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meta-Knight-Amiibo-Nintendo-Wii-U-Rare-US-NA-Edition-Best-Buy-Exclusive-/261912924002?nma=true&si=t4KVcsO92X4%252FUcsZgeTpO269VUU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Whatever. I just wanted to get my wife a nice present. I admit my own ignorance in not knowing that it was normal. I only have a few common amiibo otherwise (Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Mega Man) and don't usually go out of my way to get rare stuff, but she likes Meta Knight, so there you go.

Even though some of you couldn't seem to manage a straight answer of "yes, it's supposed to be like that" without accusing me of being a dick until I provided proof, I told her that Meta Knight's mask is supposed to look tarnished. She still loves it.

I'm not sure why so many people jumped at you before seeing proof either way first. Yes, a lot of Meta Knights look like that but including one picture and sending a different one does matter to some people. It seems like this would have been avoided if the seller hadn't reused the same picture for multiple listings.

You'd think someone with 200 feedback would be smart enough to take individual pics of the item for each auction/BIN they setup. Taking one pic across multiple listings is asking for trouble, ESPECIALLY in the collectible market.

Hi all, just wanted to post since I've lurked here for a year or so finding good deals and such from everyone.

If anyone is looking for Meta Knight's in the Central Florida Region I found a Best Buy that had around 8 in stock and ironically sitting on a shelf labeled overstock.  It's a BB in Davenport, FL

6300 Grandview Pkwy
Davenport, FL 33837
Phone: 863-424-0589

I went looking for Splatoon 3 pack that they said was in stock via phone and it wasn't and ran across these Meta Knights and was like Whaaaaaaaa!  as I literally hadn't ever seen one online or in person @ BB.

I saw all of these on Saturday June 6th and bought two so if you're local and need one they might still be there.  They were on the back wall shelving near the games department so a quick call and description of location might get you phone verification if you plan on a drive.

People travel from all the neighboring states just for the exclusives at the store. I live in SNJ (2 hours away with traffic) and LI (1 hour and a half away with traffic) on different days. I go there all the time. I've met people who have traveled from Boston, Connecticut, and even Virginia multiple times for exclusives.

If Ness was up for 20 minutes, it definitely wasn't available for all of cag to know. I posted the minute I got my order in and I was logged online for less than 10 minutes. My guess is other sites like reddit caught onto ness before we did. So if it was up for that long, cag members didn't have very long to get an order in. I had to leave for a work meeting 5 minutes after I got my order in. The scarcity of these amiibos is ridiculous.

In for one before somebody says, "you should have preordered one by now if you really wanted one." ;)

To be honest, the area around NWS is the worst place to find parking. Public transportation is really the best way in my opinion. One thing I learned is that you really gotta read the signs carefully to avoid any confusion.
Thats what I figured but hey I thought maybe you knew some cool easier to park spots that I wasnt aware of :)

I need NWS to have ness and wave 4 NOT on a friday morning so I can actually go :(

UGH, why did ness have to be an exclusive, dam nintendo is so annoying

i have a pit, megaman, and toad available for trade (and a charizard coming in) if anyone needs for ness someway somehow lol

i dont care if the packaging is damaged

Even though some of you couldn't seem to manage a straight answer of "yes, it's supposed to be like that" without accusing me of being a dick until I provided proof, this thread helped me give her an informed answer: it's supposed to look like that. She still loves it.

I thought after you said you only got $3 back, it was going to die down... But the savages kept coming after you like you burned down a village. Or trolling, not sure.

If Ness was up for 20 minutes, it definitely wasn't available for all of cag to know. I posted the minute I got my order in and I was logged online for less than 10 minutes. My guess is other sites like reddit caught onto ness before we did. So if it was up for that long, cag members didn't have very long to get an order in. I had to leave for a work meeting 5 minutes after I got my order in. The scarcity of these amiibos is ridiculous.

In for one before somebody says, "you should have preordered one by now if you really wanted one." ;)
Okay it was more like 10 minutes but it wasn't as bad as Lucina and Robin on amazon which was really less than 60 seconds, probably even 30 seconds.

Okay it was more like 10 minutes but it wasn't as bad as Lucina and Robin on amazon which was really less than 60 seconds, probably even 30 seconds.
True that. Although honestly, if everyone in the US was given a day notice that GameStop would have Ness online today at a certain time, Ness would've sold out in 2 seconds.

It looks like Marth is still, very rarely, showing up at Best Buy. It may be worth pestering your local bestbuy if you are in dire need of one (aren't we all?)

It looks like Marth is still, very rarely, showing up at Best Buy. It may be worth pestering your local bestbuy if you are in dire need of one (aren't we all?)
Yes, absolutely. I had to wait a bit in store for mine when I got it on Friday. They were looking and calling all around the store. Surprised by some of lack in inventory methods.

On the other hand, I am very impressed and thankful that they persevered for me. Would have been easy to just blow me off and say the inventory was wrong.

Not all stores around the country get shipments at the same time. I too recommend checking in with local stores with SKU 8887016. Just be polite and thankful and people in customer service are more likely to oblige! :)

On the other hand, I am very impressed and thankful that they persevered for me. Would have been easy to just blow me off and say the inventory was wrong.
My BB does this to me 99% of the time. It pisses me off when I call, because I know they didn't even check.

My BB does this to me 99% of the time. It pisses me off when I call, because I know they didn't even check.
Try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just because they dont spend 30 min looking for a product FOR YOU, doesn't mean they didn't just spend 30 min looking for that same product for someone else.

Try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just because they dont spend 30 min looking for a product FOR YOU, doesn't mean they didn't just spend 30 min looking for that same product for someone else.
Take it easy, killer. I worked retail, I get that. I'm not an unreasonable person, I'm talking like 10 seconds, "Oh, no we don't". I know the chick that does it, she isn't the friendliest person ever.

That may be, but the amiibo in the auction had a clean mask, and what I got didn't. That's misrepresentation. I didn't even have to argue it, he immediately agreed. That implied to me that he knew he was trying to get away with something.
Or because he knew you'd escalate it and he would end up getting nothing since people like you take advantage of minor loopholes.

Good job screwing him/her though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back