Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to grab a MK at my local best buy yesterday after work. Walked in and saw 3 on the shelf. They were gone within moments of my arrival, with myself finally getting my hands on one of the beauties. :D. Pissed about Ness today though. It would figure. That's one of the ones I reaaaally want, aside from Duck Hunt Dog and Lucina

So even ordering JP ones get sold out wow Nintendo really need to make more lol
To be fair Wave 5A was up 3-4 different times and were up for at least 30 minutes for some and prob over an hour for the others.

Zero Suit Samus and Dark Pit sold out first usually after around 30 minutes. Then Palutena about 45ish minutes later then Ganondorf an hour later.

To be fair Wave 5A was up 3-4 different times and were up for at least 30 minutes for some and prob over an hour for the others.

Zero Suit Samus and Dark Pit sold out first usually after around 30 minutes. Then Palutena about 45ish minutes later then Ganondorf an hour later.
Yes but its really meant for JP region only and the amiibo craze is even getting to that lol

lololol You can really spot the resellers in the last couple of pages.

All I've sold on ebay are my old phones and digital cameras and (within the last week for that promo) my old 3DS. In that meager sample size, my buyers have all been fabulous. I do take care to describe the condition in depth and upload as many photos as I can, for fear of misrepresentation and the disputes that follow. As a buyer though, I've had some trouble. Most of them were bootleg games. Once I got "brand new" shoes--soles literally came unglued from the shoes the first day they were worn. One that really hurt was getting a Loz: Link's Awakening DX cart with a ripped up label when the photo showed a cart with an intact label in good condition. And then the game wouldn't start up without glitching. Thankfully, 95% of the sellers I've done business with actually qualify as honest and decent--nothing better than a thorough description and an item exactly as described. 

Well darn. I must have come late to the JP party every single time then. I could have sworn that I was here at least once when JP alerts were first posted. I really just wanted to lock in ZSS, but I wasn't opposed to getting the rest at the same time to save on shipping. Still, ZSS would always get ripped from my cart as I was checking out. I even tried one-click once. No luck.

Ganondorf looks so good to me. Thought I was out of the Amiibo, but I want Ganondorf. Hopefully, he'll be common like the rest of the Zelda cast

Yeah... they are expensive but I see it as paying for "peace of mind." They tend to stay up for minutes rather than seconds. 

Though from what it sounds like it may be more than the standard 19.99. If they expect it to be in short supply it goes up.... Like last time they had the restocks, they were charging 34.99 for Rosalina cause of that.

I mean, I'm gonna try to get them all, but Ganondorf and ZSS are the only ones there that really look good. And on another note, why does Dark Pit have to even exist? Did Nintendo really run out of ideas for new Smash characters? Here are a few examples of great characters they could have used: King K Rool, Toon Zelda (she would probably be my main since Zelda is in my top 2 favorite characters to play as), Toad, Waluigi.

They included "clone" fighters since they could take fighters they already made and balanced and tweek them a bit to have them play a little different. Since it didn't take much time away from development i believe it was something they did at the end to expand the roster size a bit.

They included "clone" fighters since they could take fighters they already made and balanced and tweek them a bit to have them play a little different. Since it didn't take much time away from development i believe it was something they did at the end to expand the roster size a bit.
All while cutting out original characters like Snake, Ice Climbers and 2/3 of the Pokemon Trainer... Good night

All while cutting out original characters like Snake, Ice Climbers and 2/3 of the Pokemon Trainer... Good night
Well Snake is likely because of not being able to have an agreement between Nintendo and Konami. Ice Climbers was cut because they couldn't get it to work on the 3DS. Pokemon Trainer was cut because again the 3DS couldnt do transformations. Reach why Zero Suit Samus and Shiek are their own fighters.

If they didnt make it for the 3DS they maybe trainer and Ice Climbers would still be there.

Well Snake is likely because of not being able to have an agreement between Nintendo and Konami. Ice Climbers was cut because they couldn't get it to work on the 3DS. Pokemon Trainer was cut because again the 3DS couldnt do transformations. Reach why Zero Suit Samus and Shiek are their own fighters.

If they didnt make it for the 3DS they maybe trainer and Ice Climbers would still be there.
Don't bother, some people are too stupid / arrogant / self-entitled to understand how game design and development works and why we got the characters we got (the simple answer is if they had removed the clones we still wouldn't have gotten a single additional completely original character. That's an accurate statement given Sakurai-san's statements in the past on how long it takes to design, playtest and refine a single character and how long it takes to make a clone).

On other news not looking forward to the next wave, specially if those exclusivity rumors are true :/

Just scored a single Jiggs from Amazon for $24 + free 2-day shipping. Had to bite since I missed out, and she's one of the few I really wanted.

I'll jump on ZSS for 20 if I have to. I'm getting a little burned out with the amiibo hunting. Would rather just pay the extra 10 bucks to not have to worry about them launching in the US.

Can we officially end this stupid eBay discussion? Let's talk about amiibo for goodness sake. Any of you guys preorder wave 5 from Japan? Just ordered them through third party sellers for about $20 each on Amazon.jp -- excited to get them in a couple weeks. Ganondorf looks amazing.

Can we officially end this stupid eBay discussion? Let's talk about amiibo for goodness sake. Any of you guys preorder wave 5 from Japan? Just ordered them through third party sellers for about $20 each on Amazon.jp -- excited to get them in a couple weeks. Ganondorf looks amazing.
Mine shipped out this afternoon and I'll have them tomorrow. Really looking forward to Ganondorf.

It's supposed to be like that. I feel sorry for the seller.
Bullshit. I'd screw with scalpers all the time if I had time too.....

Wouldn't ever actually hand them my money though. Just use different accounts to buy up their shit and never pay :rofl:

Last edited:
I have Tenso and if available will try amazonjp. What was the yen price for the amiibo and or name of third party? Thanks

Bullshit. I'd screw with scalpers all the time if I had time too.....

Wouldn't ever actually hand them my money though. Just use different accounts to buy up their shit and never pay :rofl:
OMG! So funny mr 5 year old.

All they would do is re-list. OMG. Sooooooo funny.

BTW, Nabbed some Ness' yesterday on GameStop.com. One for me and some for "trade" WINK WINK WINK.

Yesasia.com has some Yoshi yarns for pre-order. I know I had an order cancelled there but others seem to have good luck w them.

Yesasia.com has some Yoshi yarns for pre-order. I know I had an order cancelled there but others seem to have good luck w them.
Thanks for the heads up but that is an absolutely insane mark up on those. When they were up on amazon Japan the price was 1,944 yen, which is just under $16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=45&v=C2L8Cfafrvc

So Hyrule Warriors is coming to 3DS now... Tetra's in it... Tetra amiibo plz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=45&v=C2L8Cfafrvc

So Hyrule Warriors is coming to 3DS now... Tetra's in it... Tetra amiibo plz?
Ive still yet to play the wii u one more then 5min thou I do like it just lack of time.

A 3ds version I would def buy since I tend to be able to play 3ds games alot more between jobs/breaks. Which reminds me I need to buy majora's mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back