Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
mBQ0fRL.png

Looks like Falco will be part of wave 6 possibly with the DLC characters or just released all by himself lol

Lol we already have like 36 with wave 5 already starting to release in Japan for about 43ish already...I think it was already assumed we would be getting the last few. Lucas and Mewtwo DLC figures coming, so probably Roy and Ryu at some point to. Wonder how many DLC characters they plan to add.

EDIT: and Roy and Ryu amiibo confirmed
I fully expected amiibo for every character, it just seems like it's going crazy. We've already got nearly 40 of them and hunting them down is getting weary- and I'm not even collecting them. I can't imagine how y'all that want all of them are holding up.

This is probably the down side to amiibo selling so well- this is going to be the focus of Nintendo for years to come. But I can't really blame them. Nintendo are absolute freaking geniuses with this. What other company could pump out over $650 ($51 x $12.99 MSRP) of basically toys for a game and people go crazy for them? It's just kind of crazy to think of how successful these things have to be. Including DLC you'd spend over $750 on Smash if you got every amiibo at MSRP and bought all the DLC along with the game.

The worst part is that I strangely want some amiibo of characters I despise. The only reason? Battling against them might make me a better Smash player, and at level 50 even without toying with their stats, they're a much tougher challenge than a level 9 CPU.

Looking at the characters shown, I think Ganondorf is going to be a really nice looking figure. I think Duck Hunt will be an interesting one- it could either be solidly built or flimsy as crap depending on how they do it.

I foresee Olimar being a colossal bitch to obtain though. I think he's going to be a store exclusive for some reason, though I hope against all hope that he isn't.

Looks like Japan is getting two R.O.B. amiibo. I'll be importing all of them from Amazon JP anyway. Able to get them earlier and the exchange rate makes them about 3 bucks cheaper. Just much rather not deal with the US chaos.

Looks like Japan is getting two R.O.B. amiibo. I'll be importing all of them from Amazon JP anyway. Able to get them earlier and the exchange rate makes them about 3 bucks cheaper. Just much rather not deal with the US chaos.
After seeing people get them I might also go this route and not worry about getting the ones I want, since I only get specific characters

Am I the only one that thinks the Wii Fighter Amiibos are far superior to the other Amiibos? I mean, fully customizable looks AND moves?

Finally, Amiibos that are actually worth their salt.

The three Mii Fighters are a bit disturbing, seeing as us NIB completionists feel forced to buy a group of crappy amiibos just for completion's sake.  The SSB series can't get finished fast enough.  Import exclusives like Famicom R.O.B. add to the stress.  Plus the way things are going now it seems like the line will never be finished since Nintendo keeps adding characters. 

Most of us are planning on buying some Chibi Robo game we never knew we wanted because..we don't know.  Where do we draw the line?  When does it become too much?

I'm ready to complete the SSB set and move on from amiibo hunting.  after buying the thee yarn yoshis and anything else interesting of course.

The three Mii Fighters are a bit disturbing, seeing as us NIB completionists feel forced to buy a group of crappy amiibos just for completion's sake. The SSB series can't get finished fast enough. Import exclusives like Famicom R.O.B. add to the stress. Plus the way things are going now it seems like the line will never be finished since Nintendo keeps adding characters.

Most of us are planning on buying some Chibi Robo game we never knew we wanted because..we don't know. Where do we draw the line? When does it become too much?

I'm ready to complete the SSB set and move on from amiibo hunting. after buying the thee yarn yoshis and anything else interesting of course.
I'm with ya. When all is said and done, I'll probably have spent $1000 on all this.

This is why I couldn't convince myself to get into amiibos. We're talking probably close to $1,000 after they're all out (and that's JUST the announced ones), and only one game has serious functionality, with the rest pretty much just being skins (MP10's so awkward and limited I don't even truly acknowledge its functionality).

I can see it now: The next Pokémon games will have support for all 750 Pokémon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can even buy a Special Edition for $10,000 with all of them painted gold, and it comes in a 600-pound crate.

Not exactly on topic, but does anyone foresee any kind of season pass for smash bros in the future? With the new dlc announcements the price for everything is getting crazy (although it probably seems perfectly sane to those who have bought every amiibo).

Holy Crap I so need Duck Hunt amiibo.

Also gonna need a few Mr. Game and Watch. 1 to keep sealed, and a few to open for different poses (first I'll open!)... he's going to be hard to find, isn't he. fuck.

Edit:

Not exactly on topic, but does anyone foresee any kind of season pass for smash bros in the future? With the new dlc announcements the price for everything is getting crazy (although it probably seems perfectly sane to those who have bought every amiibo).
First Nintendo GoTY edition? I can see it, and I'm gonna be so pissed cuz it still won't stop me from buying everything other than the costumes (fuck dat)

The three Mii Fighters are a bit disturbing, seeing as us NIB completionists feel forced to buy a group of crappy amiibos just for completion's sake. The SSB series can't get finished fast enough. Import exclusives like Famicom R.O.B. add to the stress. Plus the way things are going now it seems like the line will never be finished since Nintendo keeps adding characters.

Most of us are planning on buying some Chibi Robo game we never knew we wanted because..we don't know. Where do we draw the line? When does it become too much?

I'm ready to complete the SSB set and move on from amiibo hunting. after buying the thee yarn yoshis and anything else interesting of course.
LOL. I don't feel bad for completist. If they chose to buy any and all that's their problem. I hope they release Amiibos of all the accessories just to piss them off. Maybe all the boxes can be dented as well. LMAO

Wish people hadn't done the math for me. I've been trying to remain blissfully unaware that I've sunk like $350 into this craze already..dear god..

Still want all the ones coming out though...^^; And the R.O.B. variant ._. Nintendo's really got me by the balls, I gotta draw the line somewhere..

Didn't see the amiibo portion of the video till now, man, that Game and Watch is gonna be so hard to get. And is it confirmed Japan is getting to different ROB amiibo, or is that a guess at this point?

Does anyone have the link to the guide on how to use Tenso? It showed how to put in the Tenso address in Amazon Japan and whatnot. Anyone have that post linked by chance? I can't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure it was in this thread... 

I've avoided using Amazon JP but might not have that option anymore. 

No idea if it has been mentioned but TRU is having a 2 for 22$ on Amiibo's they seem to have the most  only place I can find the splatoon Amiibos so I picked them up.

This is probably the down side to amiibo selling so well- this is going to be the focus of Nintendo for years to come. But I can't really blame them. Nintendo are absolute freaking geniuses with this. What other company could pump out over $650 ($51 x $12.99 MSRP) of basically toys for a game and people go crazy for them? It's just kind of crazy to think of how successful these things have to be. Including DLC you'd spend over $750 on Smash if you got every amiibo at MSRP and bought all the DLC along with the game.
Skylanders_2.jpg

Well that September wave is relatively relaxing on me. I don't have interest in at least half the characters, especially not in Game & Watch nor R.O.B. The ones I do have interest in I don't like enough to want an in-box version of it.

The worst part is that I strangely want some amiibo of characters I despise. The only reason? Battling against them might make me a better Smash player, and at level 50 even without toying with their stats, they're a much tougher challenge than a level 9 CPU.
I didn't know copying the Skylander/Disney Infinity model = genius. By that logic if I type out Hamlet I'll be a literary legend right?

And you are aware that a large part of what makes the lvl 50 amiibo's so tough is that they do extra damage right? Even with nothing attached? I don't remember how much extra, isn't it like 150%? The point is it's an inflated difficulty, maybe it'll help you be a better player but if you are looking at "competitive" play amiibo's probably won't do much for you.

Wii Fit Trainer is no longer discontinued and is now back to being Active in Target's system. It's happening!!!!

[attachment=14999:image.jpg]

Ugh, why?  What could they possibly do?  If this is more "buy the amiibo to unlock day 1 DLC" bullshit then I'm definitely gonna be skipping the next Animal Crossing.

It pissed me off enough when they did that with Splatoon, but an established franchise like AC?   fuck that shit....

Last edited:
Ugh, why? What could they possibly do? If this is more "buy the amiibo to unlock day 1 DLC" bullshit then I'm definitely gonna be skipping the next Animal Crossing.

It pissed me off enough when they did that with Splatoon, but an established franchise like AC? fuck that shit....
Most likely just for that card game

tumblr_npy3w2izmw1s8wlnzo1_540.jpg

My God please let this as of now rumored 8 bit amiibo come with Mario Maker special 30th anniversary edition & bundled in every game so everyone can get one.

Well, 53 Smash. 6 Mario Party. Splatoon. Yoshi...yeah. Probably. But buy some extras for TRADE and you won't actually pay that.
Um, yes you will. Even if you only buy Amiibo at MSRP you're looking at just under 1k after tax is added in... Assuming you buy them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back