Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a few kids who will eat up the Skylanders amiibos, as they absolutely love Skylanders/amiibos, but I will not be buying them.
That's where I draw the line. They may look cool, but I'm not getting sucked into that set.

Nintendo is going to need a new Metroid, Zelda, Starfox, or Dragon Quest, or Final Fantasy amiibo series to resurrect public interest to the level where it is now.

How so? Animal Crossing is an immensely popular franchise and those "8-bit" Mario Amiibo hit all sorts of Nostalgia strings.
"immensely popular" relative to what? Objectively speaking, Animal Crossing is niche at best. and just because the 3DS game sold like 8 million copies doesn't correlate to those buyers being hardcore collectors that will buy into merchandising. It's a different fanbase comprised of many more casual gamers (for lack of a better term).

Not saying it's not a good idea for a amiibo series, because it definitely is. But interest levels will be nowhere near as high. You can easily write off half the amiibos collectors right off the bat just because the series' feminine, or kiddy, art direction/nature/outward appearance/target demographic/etc however you'd like to categorize it.

I know a few kids who will eat up the Skylanders amiibos, as they absolutely love Skylanders/amiibos, but I will not be buying them.
That's where I draw the line. They may look cool, but I'm not getting sucked into that set.
Wow, I thought I was being sarcastic when I said 50 new Amiibo announced in the last 24 hours... I didn't even know about these Skylander Amiibo.

they better make enought 8 bit mario amiibo, they look amazing. PLEASE DON'T fuck UP
Don't worry. There will be plenty made for all the people who line up at NWS. Oh, you meant for people who don't live near a NWS. Well, that's clearly your fault for not living by a NWS.

Nintendo is going to need a new Metroid, Zelda, Starfox, or Dragon Quest, or Final Fantasy series to resurrect public interest to the level where it is now.

"immensely popular" relative to what? Objectively speaking, Animal Crossing is niche at best. and just because the 3DS game sold like 8 million copies doesn't correlate to those buyers being hardcore collectors that will buy into merchandising. It's a different fanbase comprised of many more casual gamers (for lack of a better term).

Not saying it's not a good idea for a amiibo series, because it definitely is. But interest levels will be nowhere near as high. You can easily write off half the amiibos collectors right off the bat just because the series' feminine, or kiddy, art direction/nature/outward appearance/target demographic/etc however you'd like to categorize it.
fire emblem awakening only sold 1.79 million copies worldwide, and you can't get those amiibos anywhere.

Woah woah woah...I see two ROBS in that case.
Is that just to show it off or will we end up getting both?

EDIT: I see the pic. That's just mean, Nintendo.
Keep that in Japan if it's Japan only.

Woah woah woah...I see two ROBS in that case.
Is that just to show it off or will we end up getting both?

EDIT: I see the pic. That's just mean, Nintendo.
Keep that in Japan if it's Japan only.
I give them props for that level of localization though. I wonder if that means our Rob is ex japan only?

I give them props for that level of localization though. I wonder if that means our Rob is ex japan only?
Yeah that is very cool of them. I'm just a fan of ROB in general so I want both. :p
I wonder the same thing, has that been confirmed yet? That would make it much easier to get two (this is one figure I really want to open).

Wow, I thought I was being sarcastic when I said 50 new Amiibo announced in the last 24 hours... I didn't even know about these Skylander Amiibo.

Don't worry. There will be plenty made for all the people who line up at NWS. Oh, you meant for people who don't live near a NWS. Well, that's clearly your fault for not living by a NWS.
Nah, those 8 bit Marios will be in high supply. They are corresponding with one of their headline games and are of their prime mascot. We will be swimming in them like previous Mario characters.

NW has a small shipment (did not tweet about it) of wave 4 (non-exclusives), splatoon (singles and 3pack), and silver mario.  I was going to wait until tomorrow to preorder Mario Maker for a pin book, but I guess I will leave a bit early to try to score extras.

If anyone interested in any of the restocked amiibo (sans Lucina/Robin as those will be rare trade fodder) or merchandise, let me know!

NW has a small shipment (did not tweet about it) of wave 4 (non-exclusives), splatoon (singles and 3pack), and silver mario. I was going to wait until tomorrow to preorder Mario Maker for a pin book, but I guess I will leave a bit early to try to score extras.

If anyone interested in any of the restocked amiibo (sans Lucina/Robin as those will be rare trade fodder) or merchandise, let me know!
I'm interested. What amiibo will they have? :D

you only can get it in the 3ds and wii u starter pack lol they know scalpers wont buy them up at that price thats why i say nintendo should start bundling them cut scalping

NW has a small shipment (did not tweet about it) of wave 4 (non-exclusives), splatoon (singles and 3pack), and silver mario. I was going to wait until tomorrow to preorder Mario Maker for a pin book, but I guess I will leave a bit early to try to score extras.

Interested in the Splatoon shirt if they still have it. Can't find someone to grab on for me.

I'm interested. What amiibo will they have? :D
I mentioned! All wave4 except exclusives, splatoon (3pack and individual), and silver mario. That's the restock (1 per customer). I know they had a lot of Mega Man and Toad last Friday. Also if anyone is interested, Nintendo World Championships (based on 1990 ver) shirts/tanks and Nintendo World 10th Anniversary shirt. They also have been getting gcn adapters every so often.

For those concerned about the skylanders/amiibo being in starter packs, hopefully these following the precedent set by the previous iterations and become heavily discounted within several months.

Wave 5b will probably the most difficult hunt in NA compared to prior waves due to the timing of being near the holidays (unless 6 drops this year). I am not sure how Yarn Yoshis will be. Animal Crossing will be a pain, but I don't think will be so difficult.

you only can get it in the 3ds and wii u starter pack lol they know scalpers wont buy them up at that price thats why i say nintendo should start bundling them cut scalping
Yeah, but at the same time that price point also discourages the regular consumer/collectors who just want the figures. It's a double edged sword. *shrug*

Yeah, but at the same time that price point also discourages the regular consumer/collectors who just want the figures. It's a double edged sword. *shrug*
im a collector and i say do it to stop scalpers if i want it bad enough (which i do) ill by the bundle better than paying 30+ per figure. Why nintendo hasnt increased prices i dont know when ppl are willing to pay 30 each hell the yoshis are more maybe it's a test and they are selling out everywhere

Well the figure IS intended for the game.
With this pack, I get it. Like all Skylanders games I'm pretty sure you NEED a character to play the game (correct me if I'm wrong).
However, he's talking about bundling all future amiibo with the game they're compatible with.
While I do intend to get all these games, I can't always afford the amiibo AND the games day 1.
Then the bundles would sell out, and I'd be stuck paying inflated prices when I finally have money. This is what happened when SSB came out. I bought the controller bundle, and Pokemon. Didn't have enough for any amiibo. Missed out on Villager and WFT by the time January rolled around.

You guys may have great paying jobs like that, but the average consumer (you know, kids and their parents) are not going to spend that much every time new amiibo come out.

Have you ever waited in line for amiibos and taken note of the demographic of people waiting in line with you?
yup, everyone. My gamestop line was 50 people long, all different ages, both genders. no real stereo types, just nintendo fans all around, everyone I chatted with were nice folk too :)

Where is Luigi?? Also why not fire as fire mario instead of the modern one.
Hmmm, if you ever watched Game theory you would know that it was deduced that the classic Mario shown from Donkey Kong is actually Mario the father of the Modern Mario. ;)

Also we already had a whole year for Luigi

I'm just going to focus on the Smash line of Amiibos. There are becoming too many to handle and Nintendo still doesn't seem to understand the whole supply/demand thing. It would be too much of a hassle to try to get ever one for every line
I'm feeling that way. If they weren't such a pain to obtain I would continue getting them all but this is just too much with th erarity

Too many amiibos but not many great games! I sure pass on animal crossing amiibos. My goals now is SSM wave 5, 6 and 7. Yoshi yarn is next, chibi robo bundle, and 2 mario maker. Anything else will see in 2016. Kinda sad not many wiiu games coming out this year!

Okay guys, I need to move my sealed collection into storage and was thinking about some of those plastic display/protective cases. I know there was one from kickstarter and another from a company that makes the clear protection cases for SNES/N64 boxes.

Does anyone have any recommendation on clear, plastic protection cases for sealed Amiibos?

[quote name="prateeko" post="12750108" timestamp="1434496986"]Okay guys, I need to move my sealed collection into storage and was thinking about some of those plastic display/protective cases. I know there was one from kickstarter and another from a company that makes the clear protection cases for SNES/N64 boxes.

Does anyone have any recommendation on clear, plastic protection cases for sealed Amiibos?[/quote]

If its just gona be in storage id just buy a air sealed sturdy plastic container, store each sealed amiibo in its own individual ziplock and be done with it. Hehe! I dont think spending more on protective cases is practical for this type of collectible. These amiibos are mass produced btw. Values for these arent going to go up 10 fold at all. So just do your due diligence in storing them and that will be fine. this is just my honest opinion. 😀

I ordered a Lucina amiibo from yoyo.com on Friday night, and it got it today in perfect condition. Anyone trying to avoid paying scalper prices should keep an eye on that site, it was only $20, and they offer free 2 day shipping on orders of $50+.

To the dude that mentioned that Nintendo World had Lucina and Robin, you're the fucking man!  Got myself one of each and I'm finally happy that I got the FE cast complete.  I can finally play Code Name STEAM and ready for FE Fates.  Going to try and stick to buying stuff at Nintendo World for amiibos but those lines sometimes though man, pretty damn crazy on release date. 

And there didn't seem much left btw, maybe they have more in the back but they did have tons of Silver Mario, Charziard, Wario, and Pac-man though.  Good luck tomorrow and through the week because they're going to have Star Fox and other games announced from E3 playable so that place is going to be a damn zoo.

To the dude that mentioned that Nintendo World had Lucina and Robin, you're the fucking man! Got myself one of each and I'm finally happy that I got the FE cast complete. I can finally play Code Name STEAM and ready for FE Fates. Going to try and stick to buying stuff at Nintendo World for amiibos but those lines sometimes though man, pretty damn crazy on release date.

And there didn't seem much left btw, maybe they have more in the back but they did have tons of Silver Mario, Charziard, Wario, and Pac-man though. Good luck tomorrow and through the week because they're going to have Star Fox and other games announced from E3 playable so that place is going to be a damn zoo.
you must have forgot of roy lol i thought the same thing until i remembered about him

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back