Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect it to be an exclusive "preorder" bonus. No official word. However, I am certain the set will be given to some outlets as promotional materials. I know some GS/BBs got merchandise for MK8 and Smash that was never mentioned as preorder bonus.

Now lol. Guy told me I have to return it if I return the game. What game lol? They didn't even mark the receipt like for the NWS 10th Anniversary coin, though it wouldn't matter as receipt isn;t needed for preorder. Go put a preorder and never pick up worse case scenario lol (pretty sure you're in the NYC area).

I have to go demo the games and get a set for myself first!
It looks like Best Buy is also offering the pin set as a preorder incentive: link

Preorders look to be open now too: Mario Maker Preorder

*Edit: To qualify for the pins, it says "...when you pre-order and purchase two games from a list of select Wii U and 3DS titles... Check back on June 17 for qualifying games. You must be a My Best Buy® member to receive this offer."

It looks like Best Buy is also offering the pin set as a preorder incentive: link

*Edit: To qualify for the pins, it says "...when you pre-order and purchase two games from a list of select Wii U and 3DS titles... Check back on June 17 for qualifying games. You must be a My Best Buy® member to receive this offer."
"Your coupon for the 7-button set will arrive in December 2015."

This is odd.

Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Mario Maker, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, Star Fox Zero, and Tri Force Heroes for me

Nintendo has people all spun up and frenzied to go buy up multiple retail games at $60 that are also months out.  All for things like pins and early amiibo access.  It is quite ridiculous. 

These Nintendo fans are the antithesis of CAGs and they're brainwashed. 

Nintendo has people all spun up and frenzied to go buy up multiple retail games at $60 that are also months out. All for things like pins and early amiibo access. It is quite ridiculous.

At least for me, I want three of those games for sure even without any incentives. With GCU discounts, the preorder bonus items like pins are just icing on the cake.

Some CAGs are always a pleasure. 

Can't say I'm super excited for anything so far. The new Star Fox controls could either be annoying or fun to me--I'd need to demo it before I consider buying. Then again, I wouldn't buy anything Star Fox for more than $30, so I'll have plenty of time lol.

Nintendo has people all spun up and frenzied to go buy up multiple retail games at $60 that are also months out. All for things like pins and early amiibo access. It is quite ridiculous.

fuck the pins, I'm pre-ordering them because I want those games.

Why on earth nintendo don't at minimum release a Super Mario Sunshine HD remake bundled with a Mario/Fludd Nintendo is beyond me. I think Nintendo needs all new management. They should be a new large world Mario game something like Galaxy 3 or Mario 64 Scale but that seems out of the question since Nintendo can't even get an HD remake done even though they know it's sure $$$. 

Where is everyone getting pins from? They're clearly advertised as buttons.

It's not really Amiibo related, but how are these "reward buttons" being handed out? Employees probably don't know what the heck is going on with this, do you have to order today or the 17th to qualify?

Why on earth nintendo don't at minimum release a Super Mario Sunshine HD remake bundled with a Mario/Fludd Nintendo is beyond me. I think Nintendo needs all new management. They should be a new large world Mario game something like Galaxy 3 or Mario 64 Scale but that seems out of the question since Nintendo can't even get an HD remake done even though they know it's sure $$$.
"N" is very broken, and I see no fix in their future. You can't fix a problem, until you admit you have one, and they are the most blind fuck er's, I've ever seen.

Almost everything they do now a days, seems like they want to go out of business. There are "TONS" of sound products and games they could be releasing to bring money in hand over fist, and they seem to dumb, stupid, or blind to seem to be bothered. I have my memories, and when it comes to "N", that's all there is, because their current business is just flat out tragic.

didn't pick up any amiibo at NW as I was waiting to demo stuff.  If anyone interested in wave 4 (no exclusives, Robin/Lucina will be trades), splatoon, or silver mario I can pickup.  Nintendo World Championships (1990 remake ver) shirts/tanks and Nintendo World Store 10th anniversary shirts available too.

Only got to try Trioforce Heroes which was okay. Felt a bit slow.  So unorganized as employees would randomly ask people if they wanted to demo a game, and then be allowed to line up.  I was not asked for any of the Wii U demos after waiting 30+ min after Triforce Heroes (wait time for that 5-10min)

Ok, after just watching the close up look and discussion on all the new amiibo's at E3 on nintendo's treehouse I have to say Rob in both nes and famicom colors is amazing. I really want Rob amiibo's but it would probably be easier to get a functioning T-800 endoskeleton. I'll get me a Rob though even if I have to Rob a bank.

Ok, after just watching the close up look and discussion on all the new amiibo's at E3 on nintendo's treehouse I have to say Rob in both nes and famicom colors is amazing. I really want Rob amiibo's but it would probably be easier to get a functioning T-800 endoskeleton. I'll get me a Rob though even if I have to Rob a bank.
You're absolutely right, it seems to be in stock, which is not a Nintendo thing.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-sideshow-collectibles-400060/

On an amiibo related topic, R.O.B. famicom looks crazy dope.

"N" is very broken, and I see no fix in their future. You can't fix a problem, until you admit you have one, and they are the most blind fuck er's, I've ever seen.

Almost everything they do now a days, seems like they want to go out of business. There are "TONS" of sound products and games they could be releasing to bring money in hand over fist, and they seem to dumb, stupid, or blind to seem to be bothered. I have my memories, and when it comes to "N", that's all there is, because their current business is just flat out tragic.
They need to fire Reggie. I don't know how that asshat still has a job.

Did not have time to wait for demo b/ rep gave me a pin. I forgot to preorder a second game to get button offer. Will go back. Coupon states offer available through July 17.
How was the event for it handled and how long was the line? Was it just one Wii U demo station? Did people only get to try levels or where they allowed to make a course? I wanted to go but the nearest one was like 40 minutes away and I didn't want to bother driving all the way just to wait hours in line as people played a 1 Player game.

This thought occurred to me earlier today but Nintendo is more of merchandise company now than they've ever been.

I remember back in the days, they used to have the little NP catelog with some cool stuff you can buy... that's nothing compared to what they have now. I've seen Nintendo characters officially plastered on literally everything... it makes sense, they've got a loyal following who grew up playing their games that now probably don't have time to play games but have plenty of disposable income to buy shit.

I played Mario Maker today, my location also had a demo of Zelda Triforce Heroes and it was A LOT of fun. Got a nice amount of Nintendo swag. Love these types of events wish they happened more often. 

As usual, no amiibo at the BB location lol. (well minus mario party ones all over the place and pikachus)

Now lol. Guy told me I have to return it if I return the game. What game lol? They didn't even mark the receipt like for the NWS 10th Anniversary coin, though it wouldn't matter as receipt isn;t needed for preorder. Go put a preorder and never pick up worse case scenario lol (pretty sure you're in the NYC area).

I have to go demo the games and get a set for myself first!
No, not in NY - thus the request :) Looks like I'll have to fleabay that Starfox pin. Did you end up getting yourself any?

Heads up to any local hunters still looking near Garner/Clayton, NC:

At 3:20 pm, I spotted 1 Charizard, 1 PacMan, 1 Wario, and 1 Splatoon 3-pak in the GameStop nearest 40/42 (the one in the Walmart shopping center). No claims or holds on them yet the GS employee said. The Charizard may be an issue if you don't open, but the others look great! Good luck!

Mario party ... i mean animal crossing wii u is forcing you to buy amiibos to play it. Epic fail nintendo smh. I'm afraid that the more these are brought that the more they will be shoved down people's throat in our favorite nintendo games :(

Mario party ... i mean animal crossing wii u is forcing you to buy amiibos to play it. Epic fail nintendo smh. I'm afraid that the more these are brought that the more they will be shoved down people's throat in our favorite nintendo games :(
Not exactly true. The game is free but you need amiibo to play it. Sounds the the physical game comes with 2 amiibo and cards for $59.99 so its really not a big deal.

Not exactly true. The game is free but you need amiibo to play it. Sounds the the physical game comes with 2 amiibo and cards for $59.99 so its really not a big deal.
I totally hate this concept being used for the animal crossing ip. They should have done a traditional one but with some tweaks and upgrades imo. I'm afraid of nintendo abusing amiibos for their project "nx" console :(

I totally hate this concept being used for the animal crossing ip. They should have done a traditional one but with some tweaks and upgrades imo. I'm afraid of nintendo abusing amiibos for their project "nx" console :(
That's fine. If you aren't interested in it then its simply not for you and you can choose not to buy it.

Don't know if this has already been said or not, but the pins are from e3. I got the 30th anniversary pin from playing Mario maker.

They gave out a booklet that detailed which games had Mario pins. You had to play Mario maker, Zelda, Mario tennis, MP federation force, etc to get them. Star fox and yoshi had patches instead. The main star fox booth (which had you playing the game from replica arwings) had special star fox pins.

Pretty cool to see that I be able to get the rest of the pins by just pte ordering games I was going to get anyways

Got all my wave 5 preorders from Japan. Once again, pay a little extra save a lot of time and gas money. But then again, I don't buy them so they can sit in a box on the shelf.

Don't know if this has already been said or not, but the pins are from e3. I got the 30th anniversary pin from playing Mario maker.

They gave out a booklet that detailed which games had Mario pins. You had to play Mario maker, Zelda, Mario tennis, MP federation force, etc to get them. Star fox and yoshi had patches instead. The main star fox booth (which had you playing the game from replica arwings) had special star fox pins.

Pretty cool to see that I be able to get the rest of the pins by just pte ordering games I was going to get anyways
Was that the Arwing pin? I saw that yesterday on Twitter, that thing was pretty sweet. Wish it would show up as a preorder bonus.

Ugh, I'm never using Tenso again. Everyone raved about buying Wave 5 from Amazon and using Tenso, but it's going to cost like $40 to ship the 5 amiibo. :whistle2:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back