Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
How can people tell which print an Amiibo is from? Is it the stamped number on the package?
Stamp on the back is the easiest way. The first two numbers are the week of production from that year and the third number is a 4 or 5. 4 for 2014 and 5 for 2015. Match it up with the CSPIA months of production and you'll know which you have. :)

For example, my OG Villager says 394W2 on the back. Week 39 in 2014. The last 2 characters are the factory it was made at.

If you ask me, I can't tell the difference between any of the reprints besides the Villager and maybe Marth. Shulk and Ike were exactly the same and people have said Wii Fit Trainer had differences. Seeing both of my Wii Fit Trainers side by side, I see no difference in the figures themselves. The back of the box is the only difference...

Honestly fellas, with how hard it is to get Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, etc.. We need to just be concerned about securing them in the first place.

How can people tell which print an Amiibo is from? Is it the stamped number on the package?
The easiest way Ive seen is the reprints have a picture on the back different from the originals. Includes a 3ds scanning the amiibo. Id show pictures but dont know how to on phone.

I have yet to even see a GS with used amiibo, would be nice if they spread around the used stock.

Also: Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de both have Little Mac up right now
Thanks for the heads up on little mac. I managed to grab little mac and WFT from amazon.de I needed those. I also saw villager was available but missed him.

WFT is up on amazon.co.uk 12.99 need 20$ purchase for free ship tho

Edit : looks like it may be backordered but possible in stock tomorrow.... good luck!

Just got my WFT delivered from Japan. You people can go ahead and waste your days with "flickering" on Amazon - whatever the fuck that means, while I enjoy my WFT I got for roughly what one at MSRP + shipping would cost (maybe a few dollars more). But it was worth the extra couple bucks to not have to deal with that bullshit

Just got my WFT delivered from Japan. You people can go ahead and waste your days with "flickering" on Amazon - whatever the fuck that means, while I enjoy my WFT I got for roughly what one at MSRP + shipping would cost (maybe a few dollars more). But it was worth the extra couple bucks to not have to deal with that bullshit
I just went to gamestop and bought it for msrp, should I make a post purporting my glory? Lol whatever makes you feel better for spending more than you should on the same figure.

Am I the only one who really wants to buy the pac-man amiibo primarily for the MK8 racing suit? Anyone have any information regarding the possibility of amiibo cards because I'd be all over a pac-man card to get the suit. A buck be much better than $13.

Am I the only one who really wants to buy the pac-man amiibo primarily for the MK8 racing suit? Anyone have any information regarding the possibility of amiibo cards because I'd be all over a pac-man card to get the suit. A buck be much better than $13.
I did the same... couldn't resist on that animated suit... :)

I just went to gamestop and bought it for msrp, should I make a post purporting my glory? Lol whatever makes you feel better for spending more than you should on the same figure.

I also was able to get WFT from GS. I have to say that it feels good to know that I do not have to arrive hours before open to get Dark Pit. I will try and place online order from BB to get US and use GC b/ it feels good to not stress if I miss a small preorder window. Kicking myself for not ordering Pal at the same time to reduce shipping and not having to worry about ordering her later.

Funny you think that they'll only charge a buck when they finally introduce the card amiibo. Lol!
They are about $1 a card. You could already order them for that price in Japan. It's actually like 500 or 600 yen for a pack of 5.

Misremembered. It's 1620 yen for 5x 3-card packs. That's $0.87 a card.

They are about $1 a card. You could already order them for that price in Japan. It's actually like 500 or 600 yen for a pack of 5.

Misremembered. It's 1620 yen for 5x 3-card packs. That's $0.87 a card.
Umm, that's roughly $4 - $5...

1620 yen is about $13 too. About $.87c - $1 a card which isn't too bad, until you realize Pokemon cards are $.40c roughly here (based on $4 10 card packs). But these do have chips in them so maybe that's worth the double cost.

Umm, that's roughly $4 - $5...

1620 yen is about $13 too. About $.87c - $1 a card which isn't too bad, until you realize Pokemon cards are $.40c roughly here (based on $4 10 card packs). But these do have chips in them so maybe that's worth the double cost.
5 packs, 3 cards in each, for 1620 yen.
It's not a bad price for a card with a readable chip in it to me.

Since we're on the topic of Amiibo cards: 

1)  Did they ever say anything about Smash cards/non-Animal Crossing cards?  All I recall seeing are Animal Crossing

2)  Have they confirmed distribution?  Will these be set, or more like trading cards where they're blind-packed (truly hope not...)?

Just got into amiibos. Any sales or deals for the older series?
Only really find deals on commons and those are few and far between. You can however find deals locally by buying lots. The older a rare amiibo is the higher the value typically. Honestly though start small and go from though. Trying to collect all of them will drive you insane!

Unless your rich then just check eBay :p

RUN get out while you still can!!!
Pretty much this. The only reason I even got into them was for Mario Party. Then my coworker gave me 19 amiibos to build a computer for him. You realize what had to happen next. Luckily I sold a ton of old gamecube games on Ebay and out of pocket net loss was $150 to complete the collection. At least now going forward I am going to skip amiibo I just do not like or care for, i.e palutena manhands, olimar, entire Animal Crossing series. Of course I say this now, who knows when they actually launch! :p

Just got into amiibos. Any sales or deals for the older series?
As someone who spent close to $500 on just the available Smash Bros line I could get my hands on, I can say I'm not ashamed. These are cool little figures, but if you don't have time to hunt for them or the ludicrous amount of money needed to get them all, stay far away

[attachment=15380:Amiibo collection 1.jpg]

I may be one of the few, but I could care less about collecting rare amiibos, and even less about about collecting a series/all. All I want are a few commons to use for MP10, mostly, and that's it. So, with that clarified, any current deals on common amiibos? My first one was a Yoshi less than $5 at Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back