Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the Ike and Dedede orders from Amazon MX, just shipped right now. I'm impressed on how fast they shipped them. The price was also great (used my Venture card to avoid foreign transaction fees) about, $13.50 per Amiibo (cheaper than TRU and tax, lol).

[attachment=15444:Dedede MeX.png]

[attachment=15445:ike MeX.png]

Ok cool. That answered my question... Let me ask again, WTF is Chibi Robo and why do we need an Amiibo of it? It's a fucking 2D side scroller (according to the game synopsis) and what kind of shit will an Amiibo give you for a 2D sidescrolling puzzle game?
A quick google search of the game leads to this article. Where details about the games amiibo support can be found.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/new-chibi-robo-title-coming-to-3ds-in-na-amiibo-bundled-with-game/

Ok cool. That answered my question... Let me ask again, WTF is Chibi Robo and why do we need an Amiibo of it? It's a fucking 2D side scroller (according to the game synopsis) and what kind of shit will an Amiibo give you for a 2D sidescrolling puzzle game?
It's a 2D side scrolling platform puzzle game (damn that's a mouthful..). Chibi robo's been around since the game cube era, and has a decent cult following. His games don't get much attention in the states for some reason.
As for amiibo functionality, it unlocks a power up as well as some other amiibo features that haven't been revealed yet (maybe that article above mentions more).

In other words, it's just for the few actual fans of the game/character. No one needs it, just some of us fans want it since the little guy hardly gets any love over here.

Hey man I got about twice the amount of PS2 games as I do for the gamecube i'm not gonna deny the PS2 had so many great gems but so did the gamecube soem more hidden than others and chibi robo was among them. I'm pretty glad to see another game even if it is different and the chibi robo amiibo is so cute too :)

I'm still waiting for Sony to make their own "Toys to Life" figures and games. PS All Stars Battle Royale was a flop, but if the right studio does a second one with Skylanders/Amiibos type figures, Sony would wallop Nintendo. I would love to have characters like Ratchet and Clank or Killzone or God of War figures over Mario and Zelda any day, but alas, my Toon Link and Rosalina and Geninja will have to do... for now 

Yeah i mean i'm not even into skylanders and only own 4 of these amiibos will get more but only the ones I really want/like but now that you mention it Sir Dan or Sly does sound really cool.

I'm pretty sure more people would want Nintendo figures instead of Sony figures.

Hell while we are at it lets have Microsoft get in to it. Cant wait for Master Chief and Forza car!

Yeah, people love their playstation characters but idk how popular figures of them would be.
Hm...I'd love a Ratchet and Clank figure, but there are better Dante/Big Daddy figures though so idk if I'd get those. That's all I'd be interested in personally. Certainly wouldn't be interested in the game..

Oh man but if they made Kingdom Hearts interactive figures I'd be all over that..and I'd also be poor.

I'm pretty sure more people would want Nintendo figures instead of Sony figures.

Hell while we are at it lets have Microsoft get in to it. Cant wait for Master Chief and Forza car!
Just a couple years ago, you would have been right 9about the M$ comment, but now you look incredibly stupid. Sure, the have Halo and Forza, but they also have Gears of War, Killer Instinct, any Rare IP (Perfect Dark, Banjo, Conkor, etc), Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising. Microsoft is finally starting to pull in some of those AAA exclusives these days

I'm still waiting for Sony to make their own "Toys to Life" figures and games. PS All Stars Battle Royale was a flop, but if the right studio does a second one with Skylanders/Amiibos type figures, Sony would wallop Nintendo. I would love to have characters like Ratchet and Clank or Killzone or God of War figures over Mario and Zelda any day, but alas, my Toon Link and Rosalina and Geninja will have to do... for now
No no no no! All stars was a great game. That will ruin it for everyone making toys for it.

In more on topic news: Dark Pit is officially best buy exclusive [,shit..].

If you search for amiibo (I'm on mobile idk if it shows on desktop) he has a "only at best buy" tag...
[attachment=15449:image.jpg]

Yeah, people love their playstation characters but idk how popular figures of them would be.
Hm...I'd love a Ratchet and Clank figure, but there are better Dante/Big Daddy figures though so idk if I'd get those. That's all I'd be interested in personally. Certainly wouldn't be interested in the game..

Oh man but if they made Kingdom Hearts interactive figures I'd be all over that..and I'd also be poor.
Alrighty then. Let's break your comment down piece by piece here.

1) Almost 100% of hardcore Xbox fans switched over to the Playstation with the 8th generation, so claiming PS characters wouldn't be "popular enough is a ludicrous idea. Note: aforementioned statistic is not accurate

2) By your logic, Ganondorf Amiibos are awas te of effort and money manufacturing because this exists at any Gamestop location https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11325010_711416535652605_704851291_n.jpg

3) They do have a Kingdom Hearts toys to life game - it's called Disney Infinity

So you guys are saying that there could be amiibos of Luxord and Frank West someday?  :pray:

Now I just got to find a place to put them near the provocative artwork I have of these characters to where it doesn't seem too tacky.

Alrighty then. Let's break your comment down piece by piece here.

1) Almost 100% of hardcore Xbox fans switched over to the Playstation with the 8th generation, so claiming PS characters wouldn't be "popular enough is a ludicrous idea. Note: aforementioned statistic is not accurate

2) By your logic, Ganondorf Amiibos are awas te of effort and money manufacturing because this exists at any Gamestop location https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11325010_711416535652605_704851291_n.jpg

3) They do have a Kingdom Hearts toys to life game - it's called Disney Infinity
Lets reply in the same fashion:

1) The keyword in that first sentence of mine was FIGURES of said characters. How many playstation fans do you know actually buy figures of these characters? The playstation fans I know don't have figures of playstation characters, but everyone of them has a Zelda or Mario figure. The characters may be popular, but is the merchandise? Who knows.

2) I didn't say the figures would be worthless, I said I personally probably would want a better version of those particular characters. Ganondorf looks like Ganondorf in Smash, Big Daddy in All Stars looks cartoony..I personally wouldn't want a figure version of it.

3) Lol no.

Playstation guy at heart here or at least over Nintendo (Sega till death). The problem with both Sony or MS is that they don't nearly have enough 1st party's IPs to draw from like Nintendo games. Hell the new KH game is coming to both X1 and PS4. And before you bring up Rare Banjo's last game was a flop.

I'm pretty sure that Muppet E3 video showed where Nintendo's priorities lie now. Outside of Pokemon and DLC they'll just be a toy company that occasionally makes a game to sell more toys. 

In more on topic news: Dark Pit is officially best buy exclusive [,shit..].
If you search for amiibo (I'm on mobile idk if it shows on desktop) he has a "only at best buy" tag...
If Dark Pit is handled how Greninja and Jigglypuff were, then I'm more than fine with this. That means we have a better shot at this than we did with Pit in December.

I think all the retailers have learned a really hard, yet valuable lesson about doing exclusives after the Wave 3 fiasco. Make sure you have enough figures for release day for those who didn't pre-order so people can grab them to get any real value with foot traffic in store. I'm sure early adopters on here will say "oh, you had time to pre-order" but if you didn't start collecting until after or around Christmas, like yours truly you missed all the pre-order windows and were forced to wait for 5-8 non pre-ordered figures or worse depending on your location.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3bozy2/630_target_targetcom_update/

Target.com is getting another 30,000 units of Rosalina and Jigglypuff to do an online blowout with a wave 4 restock (No Robin or Lucina sadly tho :( ), Marth and WFT. Marth has around 4,500 units while WFT has maybe 2,500 units for Target which is absolutely ridiculous to me. WFT is a relatively easy character to produce without the complexity of the Fire Emblem characters and there is no reason for her to be produced in absolutely pitifully low numbers that are even worse than Marth was. Absolutely baffling to me.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3bozy2/630_target_targetcom_update/

Target.com is getting another 30,000 units of Rosalina and Jigglypuff to do an online blowout with a wave 4 restock (No Robin or Lucina sadly tho :( ), Marth and WFT. Marth has around 4,500 units while WFT has maybe 2,500 units for Target which is absolutely ridiculous to me. WFT is a relatively easy character to produce without the complexity of the Fire Emblem characters and there is no reason for her to be produced in absolutely pitifully low numbers that are even worse than Marth was. Absolutely baffling to me.
I mean Wii Fit U isn't the biggest of IPs...

I haven't been keeping up lately so sorry if this has been mentioned recently, but any news on a Ness restock?

And what's the latest on Wave 5?

Thanks

His entire point fell on "well I prefer 3rd party IPs than the ones that Nintendo built by their own accord over decades."

If you want a DMC figure go out and buy one same as Final Fantasy or something else. When you narrow down Microsoft and Sony first party IPs it's pretty evident why they haven't touched this subject. Their Smash clone didn't prove that? Half the characters were 3rd party or from franchises people have thought about in decades.

The sad thing about Playstation All-Stars is that despite the characters not having the iconic stature and dedicated fanbase that Nintendo characters have and despite the game being similar in fashion to SSB, it was actually a good game in the mechanical and technical aspects that most fighting games are judged. It suffered a bit from being light on content (only 24 total characters including DLC) and probably suffered a lot because Nintendo fan boys ripped it apart at every chance they got and basically sabotaged any positive marketing it had going for it prior to release. Those who took the opportunity to play both games and could reserve judgment and fanboyism were duly rewarded.  

The sad thing about Playstation All-Stars is that despite the characters not having the iconic stature and dedicated fanbase that Nintendo characters have and despite the game being similar in fashion to SSB, it was actually a good game in the mechanical and technical aspects that most fighting games are judged. It suffered a bit from being light on content (only 24 total characters including DLC) and probably suffered a lot because Nintendo fan boys ripped it apart at every chance they got and basically sabotaged any positive marketing it had going for it prior to release. Those who took the opportunity to play both games and could reserve judgment and fanboyism were duly rewarded.
You had me until the fanboy nonsense. They poured the right money but they danced around it being a competitive game like Street Fighter or a party game like Smash. The problem is it took Smash 3 or so games before they found their sweet middle ground. Unfortunately Sony only have All-Stars one shot. Sequel could have been awesome!

You had me until the fanboy nonsense. They poured the right money but they danced around it being a competitive game like Street Fighter or a party game like Smash. The problem is it took Smash 3 or so games before they found their sweet middle ground. Unfortunately Sony only have All-Stars one shot. Sequel could have been awesome!
I actually had the opportunity to attend an event prior to release and was able to have some conversations with Superbot, the developer who made the game (who Sony dumped like a bad habit after it didn't sell well). From what I was told, Sony wanted a "Smash" of their own but they wanted a more intricate fighting system to cater to the older audience and more advanced gamer demographic that they felt they had, thus the street fighter-esque inputs and chain combos the game contained. I don't disagree that the game had an identity crisis in trying to find that balance. What was saddening though was the way the developers talked about the fans...it was definitely a polarizing thing and that's why I mentioned fanboyism, because the way the guy I spoke to specifically mentioned how hard it had been for them to convince Nintendo fans that they loved Smash and that the PS game was a sort of "love letter" to the Smash series...he talked about all the hate mail and negative forum press they received and basically felt like people couldn't see the forest for the trees. After scanning youtube comments, it was hard for me to disagree. As someone who's always owned both systems mentioned every generation since inception and seen the way people spoke out on this, I felt that the dedicated Nintendo crowd really took the hate to a new level, I guess since in their eyes, they felt that Sony was trying to encroach on what has probably become their most successful franchise in recent years.

If PAS copied smash more so that you could knock opponents out of stages I'd feel a bit better about it, but working up a meter to "kill" attacks simply became tedious. I despise the blind, religious fervor a ton of Nintendo worshippers fans have for the company as much as any reasonable, logical human does, but it is really hard to deny that SSB isn't the better game in virtually every aspect.... even when it's held back by the 3DS version and split from one $60 title into two titles totaling $100 :whistle2:?

ANd FWIW I despised the way the levels transformed during battle. It was an interesting concept but it basically meant, when playing against someone of a similiar skill level, you spent <5 minutes on one stage and 30> on another. They really should alternate like they do in the Mario/Yoshi levels.

Last edited:
If Dark Pit is handled how Greninja and Jigglypuff were, then I'm more than fine with this. That means we have a better shot at this than we did with Pit in December.

I think all the retailers have learned a really hard, yet valuable lesson about doing exclusives after the Wave 3 fiasco. Make sure you have enough figures for release day for those who didn't pre-order so people can grab them to get any real value with foot traffic in store. I'm sure early adopters on here will say "oh, you had time to pre-order" but if you didn't start collecting until after or around Christmas, like yours truly you missed all the pre-order windows and were forced to wait for 5-8 non pre-ordered figures or worse depending on your location.
Speak for yourself. Jigglypuff and Greninja were non-existent at B&M in my whole area. The TRU/Targets that got them were limited to one or two each.... even though the line for TRU was over 50 people long before the store opened. The employees told me they basically had to send virtually everyone away.

And I never saw a chance to pre-order for wave 4, as someone who doesn't live on their computer I doubt I will for Wave 5.

I mean Wii Fit U isn't the biggest of IPs...
Wii Fit is a joke on so many levels, from how little content it actually has to how laughably ineffectual it truly is. I would argue that it has released more games than Xenoblade, but really it's released the same game 3 times :whistle2:? In that regard, I'd agree. But the character itself in SSB quickly became one of my favorites. I know I've said it a million times before but WFT as a fighter is awesome, even if the franchise she represents is a joke. Now if only she'd quit announcing a smash attack EVERY SINGLE TIME with that whistle I'd be happy.

I can totally see why people would want her. Hell, she's the only one I bought at launch. She's awesome.

Last edited:
Finally got around to setting up the detolfs w/ dioder.  People that own detolfs were right these things are a must for figure/random stuff collectors.

[attachment=15455:DSC_3710.JPG][attachment=15456:DSC_3711.JPG][attachment=15457:DSC_3712.JPG]

I went a small Best Buy south of my city and saw a few Pacman, Splatoon, and Silver Mario amiibo. Are any of the rare? I've never seen a Silver Mario before

I went a small Best Buy south of my city and saw a few Pacman, Splatoon, and Silver Mario amiibo. Are any of the rare? I've never seen a Silver Mario before
Not sure about the Splatoon stuff, but Silver Mario and Pac-Man have been relatively easy to find on the shelves. From what I heard the Splatoon 3 pack is pretty rare but maybe not the single girl and boy packs.

Finally got around to setting up the detolfs w/ dioder.
Looks great. How did you get the figures on top on one another in that way?

And while I do like how these cases look, they just wouldn't look write in my wood-heavy, old fashioned house. Has anyone had experience with any of the wood shelving units ikea offers and displaying amiibo?

Looks great. How did you get the figures on top on one another in that way?

And while I do like how these cases look, they just wouldn't look write in my wood-heavy, old fashioned house. Has anyone had experience with any of the wood shelving units ikea offers and displaying amiibo?
It looks like there are suction cups on the glass to hold them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back