Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. well with Dark Pit being announced as Bestbuy exclusive now... (Why???)
I came across something. Told my friend who wanted it about the news. On Ebay, Punch in 121691363538 I came across Dark Pit, Free Shipping JP version for 22.48$
Not too bad if you want him.

So bought my friend one since I owed him for giving me his Ike. I have one extra which I can use for CAG trading if needed. Since I really want Zero Suit and Palutena.

It looks like there are suction cups on the glass to hold them up.
Yup, they are unused suction cups from a fish tank setup I did. They are used to hold airlines. I figured why not and they seem to be holding up well. I didn't like the stacking them on top of each other method since I prefer to see the whole cardback artwork.

Ok.. well with Dark Pit being announced as Bestbuy exclusive now... (Why???)
I came across something. Told my friend who wanted it about the news. On Ebay, Punch in 121691363538 I came across Dark Pit, Free Shipping JP version for 22.48$
Not too bad if you want him.

So bought my friend one since I owed him for giving me his Ike. I have one extra which I can use for CAG trading if needed. Since I really want Zero Suit and Palutena.
Awesome. Thanks! I don't ever want to chance BB, Gamestop or Target exclusives. I got lucky in the past with the BB and Target ones, but I think my luck is running out. I have a feeling that Dark Pit will shoot up in price later on, so $22 isn't bad

Am I limiting myself by only wanting NA amiibo?
I only buy NA (in box of course). They look nice all uniform :) Only different one I have is Greninja because I had to get it from Europe as I did't wake up at 3 am to get the TRU sale. It's not really much of a difference if you don't inspect it carefully but still my OCD kicks in and I might trade a US one for an extra Ness that I have :) (yeah, I'm OCD like that :/)

Awesome. Thanks! I don't ever want to chance BB, Gamestop or Target exclusives. I got lucky in the past with the BB and Target ones, but I think my luck is running out. I have a feeling that Dark Pit will shoot up in price later on, so $22 isn't bad
$21.54 on amazon, but it does take 2-3 weeks to ship.

ZSS and Ganondorf arrived today from amazon.de. Today was another example of why paying a premium price is better use of my time. I bought my son complete sets of Marvel Infinite build a figures for Hulkbuster but not Ultron. I drove to several stores to find figures I did not preorder from Toywiz.com. Sense of relief that I do not have to worry about these two or DP (especially BB exclusivity).[attachment=15464:20150701_140348_resized.jpg][attachment=15464:20150701_140348_resized.jpg]

If you WANT them for yourself. Then yes, you are limiting yourself, since they are all the same. If you are a purist or trader who needs US only.. then good luck!
Yeah, true. On one hand I don't ever plan on getting rid of them but on the other I actually opened some to train in smash and they didn't play like me at all, they just stand there. hmm

If you're looking to pick up common amiibo and you don't care that they're opened, the gamestop preowned figure deal is actually really good and it runs through July.  I got  samus, donkey kong, sonic, pikachu, mario, luigi, and yoshi for $32. 

If you're looking to pick up common amiibo and you don't care that they're opened, the gamestop preowned figure deal is actually really good and it runs through July. I got samus, donkey kong, sonic, pikachu, mario, luigi, and yoshi for $32.
What is the pre owned figure deal? I know I saw it, but I forgot what it is exactly.

Sucks for some people, but I see so many positives about this:

-All the eggs are in one basket. No confusion with in-store pickups being sold to people in line, etc.

-There is a planned release date; likely a street date. This allows for planning 4 weeks ahead of time (time off work or juggle schedules)

-There is corporate communication in regards to this single product. Knowledge is power.

-No shipping costs for anyone.

Of course there are still problems. Mainly for my store, which will be employees depleting or hiding stock (former employee told me so and witnessed a current employee do it).

Overall though I prefer in-store versus random in-stock notifications online while at work/middle of the night/mid-sneeze.

with how prices on ebay plummetted since everyone is scalping now i can always snag a north american one for 25 or so that way, only up to 19 north american in box so not a huge priority for me

Think it's about time to free my NIB NA (only missing 4 currently) Amiibo Brethren given that this next waves are going to be pure madness and I just want to import and be done with it

so happy i got an imported Dark Pit from the UK on release now.

Dont have to deal with lining up at bestbuy at 5 am (probably earlier since alot of buyers will be off for summer.) 

Standing in the heat, the time wasted and the lack of sleep will not be worth it.

Glad i paid $5 more for him totally worth it to not deal with the hassle of store exclusives.

I cant wait to see where palutena is gonna end up.

NA collectors are gonna have to decide which they want more and hope the other is still available at the next store. 

Grabbed one for 26$ with prime, will arrive Friday. Didn't really want to mess with all the ones that are basically pre-orders (Which seemed to be a ton)

with how prices on ebay plummetted since everyone is scalping now i can always snag a north american one for 25 or so that way, only up to 19 north american in box so not a huge priority for me

If another store does the same thing with Palutena on the same day I might just quit my NA-only quest.  Why not split like last time? Put some up online for those dedicated individuals who can't make it out, but can order online, and put the rest for those who can get out of their homes and take the time off to get one (after waiting in line for HOURS).  Or is there not going to be enough inventory to be able to split them??  That'd be a nightmare.

If another store does the same thing with Palutena on the same day I might just quit my NA-only quest. Why not split like last time? Put some up online for those dedicated individuals who can't make it out, but can order online, and put the rest for those who can get out of their homes and take the time off to get one (after waiting in line for HOURS). Or is there not going to be enough inventory to be able to split them?? That'd be a nightmare.
Probably to force you to go instore and possibly buy other things. Stupid regardless, BB has always been a mess here and I don't feel like camping out just to say I have an NA only collection. (Which I don't anyway since my Ike is Japanese).

Not sure about the Splatoon stuff, but Silver Mario and Pac-Man have been relatively easy to find on the shelves. From what I heard the Splatoon 3 pack is pretty rare but maybe not the single girl and boy packs.
Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up on that. It was the first time I had seen anything from the current wave in person so I wasn't sure.

I guess it's a good thing I got the Splatoon three pack.

So far I've been able to obtain all the SSB amiibo, and I've been really gung ho on getting all of them, but I'm really starting to falter and question if I want to continue. NOA is not making it easy, and I've been lucky enough to snag preorders online. Now with Dark Pit being instore only, that seems like a huge middle finger.

Well, if NA Dark Pit becomes a bitch to find at Best Buy, I guess I'll have to trade for it or buy it from Amazon MX (to get the US version). This wave is going to be such a hassle I swear, uhh.

glad I pre ordered this wave from Amazon.it

not worth the hassle to camp out for exclusives. I'd rather pay a few extra $$

also pit from GameStop shipped today :) A week after I bought a EU one on Amazon for $23 thinking there wouldn't be a restock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back