Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="gravel" post="12811569" timestamp="1437142578"]It's crazy to see these prices for imports, it cost me $17.50 to get Dedede from GS with the shipping. I really should just import the rest that I want and be done with it.[/quote]
Yup

Anyone know if the Wii Fit Trainer Best Buy restock that Wacekar7 mentioned is happening today is true? Called the local store and they said no when I mentioned it.

Anyone know if the Wii Fit Trainer Best Buy restock that Wacekar7 mentioned is happening today is true? Called the local store and they said no when I mentioned it.
I'm going to go to my local store to pick up a hard drive as it is, so I figure swinging through to the barren amiibo section couldn't hurt. Hopefully the Amiibo gods will smile upon me for once

Each Best Buy has been getting WFT on completely different days over the last four weeks. It's random. There was never a restock date. Most stores have been restocked with a few WFT a couple different times already.

I had a gamestop employee offer to trade me a shulk amiibo today for one of my meta knights...so I did.  I never played xenoblade but the detail on this one is pretty impressive. 

Not that they would have a Sunday shipment, but perhaps some stores were holding for Sunday, although there is really no reason to do so.
My store is having a tournament today, so they held them for that. Apparently they're announcing good news about Dark Pit and other rares, so maybe more restocks coming. I'm not there so I guess I'll find out when it gets on Facebook.

Anyone need a NiB Jigglypuff in excellent condition? I bought it thinking it would be good trade bait, but Jugglygrope is common as fuck. Ill sell for cost plus shipping otherwise Im going to return it

I wouldnt be surprised if they put out some on the 31st with dark pit.

I just canceled a preorder for dr mario, olimar and bowser jr from amazon.uk. They were coming to like $24 each shipped, which to me is too much for these. I then ordered bowser jr, marth and dr mario from amazon.de for a tad over 17 each. Ill get olimar at a later time. I can deal with a $5ish markup (less if i were to get them at tru in NA or more if bestbuy)

Anyone need a NiB Jigglypuff in excellent condition? I bought it thinking it would be good trade bait, but Jugglygrope is common as fuck. Ill sell for cost plus shipping otherwise Im going to return it
You know it's STILL up on Target.com right??? You might as well return it and eat the shipping.

Is Ness still worth anything? I have an extra i was hoping to trade for a ganondorf or a ZSS. (Or the japanese versions of both...)

But it looks like values are dropping.

Is Ness still worth anything? I have an extra i was hoping to trade for a ganondorf or a ZSS. (Or the japanese versions of both...)

Trade him ASAP I got lucky and bought two as soon as they went on sale and that same day traded one for NIB Gold Mario.

You can probably pull $20 shipped for a Ness, but yeah, values are in a freefall state - which is what we needed from the start

So, I decided to give the oob amiibo a new setup (it looks sloppy, lol). The oob amiibo are the ones I use for bonuses and stuff (Ike is the SSB character I use and Peach is my Mario Kart 8 character, fuck those skill-less OP ass heavy-weight characters: Wario & Bowser etc. lol). I'm trying to get Lucario, Greninja, Pikachu and Mewtwo (whenever its out) oob, too. My boxed collection has some imports (some of the ones that haven't been released in NA, they were gifts) and reprints (far left) I'll probably open these (besides Merth), they're place holders until the new NA amiibo are released.

[attachment=15835:Out Collect.PNG]  Sonic's the only one representing Sega, lol

[attachment=15836:KJuly collect.PNG] They're on the top of my closet, so they don't waste space I need

Are there any discernible differences in the reprints from the original releases?
Some do. First print Marth (AKA Merth) has a really derpy face and gold boot straps, while the reprint doesn't have such a derpy face and has silver boot straps, instead. Villager is the most noticeable, though. WFT reprint has bigger and darker hair, than the O.G. release. That's all I know about the reprints.

Some do. First print Marth (AKA Merth) has a really derpy face and gold boot straps, while the reprint doesn't have such a derpy face and has silver boot straps, instead. Villager is the most noticeable, though. WFT reprint has bigger and darker hair, than the O.G. release. That's all I know about the reprints.
I haven't seen anything about this different in bootstraps, and after checking out various first and second run Marths...I'm not seeing it. Do you have a comparison image showing this?

Is Captain Falcon ever getting a reprint? This is the only amiibo I care to own. I know if I buy any more other than him, I'll start to get obsessive about wanting to get the characters I like. 

I haven't seen anything about this different in bootstraps, and after checking out various first and second run Marths...I'm not seeing it. Do you have a comparison image showing this?
Good call. I can confirm the different color boot straps on Marth. The first print does have one large gold boot strap going over the archof his foot and the reprint has a silver strap on each foot. However, there is no difference in hair between my first print and reprint WFT, and no other noticeable differences in the sculpt.

Good call. I can confirm the different color boot straps on Marth. The first print does have one large gold boot strap going over the archof his foot and the reprint has a silver strap on each foot. However, there is no difference in hair between my first print and reprint WFT, and no other noticeable differences in the sculpt.
Unless I'm just not understanding what you're saying, my first run Marth has a silver strap going over each foot. I tried googling the second run versions and I'm not seeing the difference? That's why I was hoping for a photo comparison.

Unless I'm just not understanding what you're saying, my first run Marth has a silver strap going over each foot. I tried googling the second run versions and I'm not seeing the difference? That's why I was hoping for a photo comparison.
okay, I took and hosted pictures of my Marths just for you! Both of these Marths are EU versions. The one on the left is a first edition and the one on the right is from the second print run. Notice the gold strap on the boots of 1st edition. That same strap is silver on the reprint.

IMG_1922_zpssayfeamw.jpg

IMG_1923_zpsomqplh4t.jpg

IMG_1924_zpstl02ymsu.jpg

okay, I took and hosted pictures of my Marths just for you! Both of these Marths are EU versions. The one on the left is a first edition and the one on the right is from the second print run. Notice the gold strap on the boots of 1st edition. That same strap is silver on the reprint.

IMG_1922_zpssayfeamw.jpg

Thank you very much for taking those! That's...very strange to me. I haven't seen any other Marth with that strap gold, and mine, which is a first print version, has the silver straps with the older face and box as well...now I'm really confused

You sure it's a 1st edition?   What does the indented stamp say on the back?

EDIT: oh! i think I know what you're confused about.  The back of the box of the Marth reprint DOES NOT have the new3ds image as has been misreported on here numerous times.  Marth reprints have the old backing.  As do some of the other earlier reprints.

The surefire way to identify your figure is by the stamp on the back.   The first two numbers represent the week it was printed.   The third number represents the year.   The final letter and number represent the factory where it was created.  i.e.  115A2 means it was made in the eleventh week of 2015 at factory A2.

Awww, fake! I'm so late lol. Here's the ones I have, they're both NA if that makes a difference (does that even matter, Nothing371). Merth's strap is brown/gold and Marth's strap is silver.

[attachment=15841:Merth.PNG] Merth O.G. (Left) Marth Reprint (Right)

You sure it's a 1st edition? What does the indented stamp say on the back?

EDIT: oh! i think I know what you're confused about. The back of the box of the Marth reprint DOES NOT have the new3ds image as has been misreported on here numerous times. Marth reprints have the old backing. As do some other of the earlier reprints.

The surefire way to identify your figure is by the stamp on the back. The first two numbers represent the week it was printed. The third number represents the year. The final letter and number represent the factory where it was created. i.e. 115A2 means it was made in the eleventh week of 2015 at factory A2.
I see, I could perhaps be mistaken then about this being a first print run, although the face certainly seems to be more similar to the first print run than the second print run (longer, wonky printing).

The stamp on the back is 205W2 so...the 20th week of 2015? I guess that guarantees it to be a reprint.

face means nothing.  so many false assumptions and reporting by people claiming to know  first print identifiers.  yes, thats a reprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back