Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
/\ High fives for living in a rural area that still had a Greninja at 5pm on RELEASE day. But it hasn't been restocked since then and isn't even close to common.

it goes for 20-25 on ebay shipped, take out fees they are selling it for less than msrp +shipping from toys r us, that's a common, over abundance of scalpers this wave is the only reason greninja, jiggly, and ness were uncommon, the only true uncommons were the FE characters

it was for anyone who collects them, picked mine up at 5pm release day
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Just because you happened to get one doesn't make it common. As I've posted here before, my TRU didn't get many. I don't remember how many and I don't feel like looking through my old posts to see but I know it was less than 5, and according to the employee I spoke to that afternoon there were literally 10 times that many people in line before opening. I've read plenty of stories about Greninja that go the exact same way, and considering that TRU isn't even as widespread as Target, GS, or BB, and AFAIK it wasn't available online, so there are plenty of people who couldn't get it at all.

it goes for 20-25 on ebay shipped, take out fees they are selling it for less than msrp +shipping from toys r us, that's a common, over abundance of scalpers this wave is the only reason greninja, jiggly, and ness were uncommon, the only true uncommons were the FE characters
You can't be serious. I don't know how you define common, but by most definitions that isn't it. I think most on here would agree that if you can't get it at MSRP from a store that it isn't common. And yeah, scalpers are a problem, but a large reason why is because Nintendo under produces to begin with.

Last edited:
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Just because you happened to get one doesn't make it common. As I've posted here before, my TRU didn't get many. I don't remember how many and I don't feel like looking through my old posts to see but I know it was less than 5, and according to the employee I spoke to that afternoon there were literally 10 times that many people in line before opening. I've read plenty of stories about Greninja that go the exact same way, and considering that TRU isn't even as widespread as Target, GS, or BB, and AFAIK it wasn't available online, so there are plenty of people who couldn't get it at all.

You can't be serious. I don't know how you define common, but by most definitions that isn't it. I think most on here would agree that if you can't get it at MSRP from a store that it isn't common. And yeah, scalpers are a problem, but a large reason why is because Nintendo under produces to begin with.
clearly they don't underproduce that much . . . ness is available at all three gamestops in my area and jiggly is still up on target lol

clearly they don't underproduce that much . . . ness is available at all three gamestops in my area and jiggly is still up on target lol
When Greninja gets an equivalent restock then I'd be a lot more open to calling him common (or at least not rare).

And while the restocks for Ness and Jigglypuff have been great, I can't make that claim about any of the other store exclusives. Nintendo and all these retailers haven't done enough IMO to keep stock on any of the other exclusives. Not to mention pretty much any non-exclusive that isn't tied to Mario or Zelda.

Last edited:
everyone just calm down, almost all amiibos will be common soon enough, at the cost of trusting nintendo

its funny, if you search google you can pull up articles from bunch of different sources on how there won't be a restock of "x" amiibo, throughout 2014 2015

and fast forward to present, they have almost all become easily obtainable

speaking of which, nintendo can go to h*ll for the crap they put people through for no reason

nintendo needs to be done like Cersei and the walk of shame

Well, when you say "for no reason" you include like production, shipping, and marketing issues, right? Assuming none of these things exist, sure I guess there was no reason.

Well, when you say "for no reason" you include like production, shipping, and marketing issues, right? Assuming none of these things exist, sure I guess there was no reason.
Amiibo's were Nintendo's idea, not ours, so they should've been prepared. And they aren't some pissant mom and pop company. None of this should have ever been an issue for them.

Of course these shortages are intentional, it's a marketing technique as old as time. A really shitty unethical one, but an old one nonetheless.

Last edited:
I wonder if this also includes the Bowser vehicle also stand alone or packaged with Bowser?
I was wondering that too, my initial guess would be just figure, because I know they'll be selling vehicles separately for the new Skylanders, maybe they'll keep his vehicle starter exclusive.

And really didn't mean to start a Greninja debate. Depended on the area you live in, some places got tons, some got very little. The TRU I went to on release day sold the last Greninja as I walked in at 8pm, luckily a store half hour away had gotten in around 100 and still had about 6 or so left and was able to snag one, but that was only because of the massive stock. After day 1 it was damn near impossible to find in store.

Amiibo's were Nintendo's idea, not ours, so they should've been prepared. And they aren't some pissant mom and pop company. None of this should have ever been an issue for them.

Of course these shortages are intentional, it's a marketing technique as old as time. A really shitty unethical one, but an old one nonetheless.
They don't just ship out a random number to retailers, the retailers order the amiibo. That's why certain store exclusives were easy to find (Greninja) and others were nearly impossible (Ness). When Gamestop saw how huge the demand was for Ness, they ordered more, which took some time to produce.

This isn't rocket science, it's the basics of economics.

[quote name="rcerboss" post="12816852" timestamp="1437407880"]Amiibo's were Nintendo's idea, not ours, so they should've been prepared. And they aren't some pissant mom and pop company. None of this should have ever been an issue for them.

Of course these shortages are intentional, it's a marketing technique as old as time. A really shitty unethical one, but an old one nonetheless.[/quote]

If they could've known exactly the right number to make and gotten stores to purchase the right amount to meet each unique region's demands, they probably would have. It's almost like business is complex and there are variables at play. If conspiracy theories make you feel better though, then by all means.

They don't just ship out a random number to retailers, the retailers order the amiibo. That's why certain store exclusives were easy to find (Greninja) and others were nearly impossible (Ness). When Gamestop saw how huge the demand was for Ness, they ordered more, which took some time to produce.

This isn't rocket science, it's the basics of economics.
This. And a purposely manufactured shortage helps to increase interest. I do believe some of the shortages are intentional.

Why has no one addressed that as soon as Iwata passed, the Amiibo situation started leveling out? As in the very next day. It was intentional shortages caused by the company to piss off its consumers. Jiggs is a great example. There was no shortage to begin with.

Why has no one addressed that as soon as Iwata passed, the Amiibo situation started leveling out? As in the very next day. It was intentional shortages caused by the company to piss off its consumers. Jiggs is a great example. There was no shortage to begin with.
Things like that takes a couple of months to even realize. It's not like a day after Iwata passed away, anyone could have worked that fast to get the amiibo situation fixed in a day.

If they could've known exactly the right number to make and gotten stores to purchase the right amount to meet each unique region's demands, they probably would have. It's almost like business is complex and there are variables at play. If conspiracy theories make you feel better though, then by all means.
Nah, it's just marketing. Most people would just buy their favorites and nobody else if every Amiibo were common, but making so many of them rare pushes people into buying ones they normally wouldn't. So if you're standing in a store, and you see an Amiibo you're fair-weather about, you're not likely going to buy it unless you know you might never get to buy it again.

See also: McRib, Air Jordans, preorder bonuses, or really just every sale/clearance/promotion ever

Lol, you're kidding me, right? Anyone who truly wanted these, pre-ordered wave 1-3 from Aug. through early Dec. last year. These were mostly considered a failure before their release because NO ONE was even talking about them. That bullshit double-cannon Samus is what suddenly skyrocketed demand for Amiibos. I think between that and the dock strikes, Nintendo actually was somewhat crippled to restock at that time.

Now, I'm not denying that Nintendo limits supply to create artificial demand, because it's a known business practice and they certainly partake. If it's unethical, then you're unethical for buying into it...luckily for you, it's not, it's smart business.

Someone had to have razor opened that Samus, pulled it out carefully, then cut off her arm and re-attached a canon before carefully putting the package back together.  Actually they could have bought a few Samus and done it until they got a clean, resealed package.  These figures are made from molds.  So there isn't even room for extra appendages.  Nintendo even said that it wasn't possible for that extra canon arm to happen during production.  I can't believe people buy into that nonsense.  It hasn't even happened again since that one figure.  People just want to qualify an expensive misprint of their own, perpetuating the myth.

Someone had to have razor opened that Samus, pulled it out carefully, then cut off her arm and re-attached a canon before carefully putting the package back together. Actually they could have bought a few Samus and done it until they got a clean, resealed package. These figures are made from molds. So there isn't even room for extra appendages. Nintendo even said that it wasn't possible for that extra canon arm to happen during production. I can't believe people buy into that nonsense. It hasn't even happened again since that one figure. People just want to qualify an expensive misprint of their own, perpetuating the myth.
That is Nintendo's quality assurance department blowing smoke. These Amiibos are NOT one solid piece of plastic. They can be disassembled, which means they had to have been assembled at one point. It was probably just one person on the assembly line having fun and adding a second cannon to one to see if anyone noticed.

Proof amiibos aren't one solid piece

B92zIiYCcAElopY.jpg

Notice all the pegs

That is Nintendo's quality assurance department blowing smoke. These Amiibos are NOT one solid piece of plastic. They can be disassembled, which means they had to have been assembled at one point. It was probably just one person on the assembly line having fun and adding a second cannon to one to see if anyone noticed.

B92zIiYCcAElopY.jpg

Notice all the pegs
That looks like a murder scene. It makes me sad

Sucks when someone goes to bat for your argument but accidentally pisses all over it unknowingly.

I don't buy for one minute that double-cannon Samus was real. Those packages can be opened up with just enough heat, used to do it with Hot Wheels as a kid all of the time.

This. And a purposely manufactured shortage helps to increase interest. I do believe some of the shortages are intentional.
Intentional in the fact that Nintendo is only going to create so many of certain characters because there is only so much of demand for them. There are always going to be way more Marios, Links and Pikachus available because their largest target market will recognize those characters the most. The demand for most of the characters is going to be a niche market and Nintendo would never be profitable if they only focused on those markets. So no matter how many restocks happen there are only ever going to be so many Ness because the majority of their target market has no idea that Earthbound is even a game.

Intentional in the fact that Nintendo is only going to create so many of certain characters because there is only so much of demand for them. There are always going to be way more Marios, Links and Pikachus available because their largest target market will recognize those characters the most. The demand for most of the characters is going to be a niche market and Nintendo would never be profitable if they only focused on those markets. So no matter how many restocks happen there are only ever going to be so many Ness because the majority of their target market has no idea that Earthbound is even a game.
I don't want to go searching for images, so use your imagination:

Lucario

Charizard

Greninja

The main problem is when news sites report on Ebay sales.   That should never happen.  Integrity in journalism has gotten so poor. 

The main problem is when news sites report on Ebay sales. That should never happen. Integrity in journalism has gotten so poor.
My two big pet peeves are ebay sales and when a source is some random dude on reddit. Oh, and I have seen stories...ACTUAL STORIES THAT ARE JUST A BUNCH OF fuckING TWITTER POSTS.

Now I know why people were so damn mad about kids being on their lawn.

I just looked up stock counts for Dark Pit and my DC has quite a heafty load of them. Needless to say then if you are at the store release day you shouldn't miss out.

B92zIiYCcAElopY.jpg

Notice all the pegs
I thought everyone already knew this? fuck I could've proved it a week ago when the wings popped out of my Charizard :???:

Whatever happened with the bootleg Chinese Amiibos? There were a few, but they were all of the Mario/Zelda/Pikachu varients and some looked better than the official productions. Did they ever make more?

Whatever happened with the bootleg Chinese Amiibos? There were a few, but they were all of the Mario/Zelda/Pikachu varients and some looked better than the official productions. Did they ever make more?
I only saw them sold on shady sites. I think that was the last time we saw them and it should probably remain that way lol...

Sonic and Pac-Man seem unnecessary... I've seen those two fairly often on shelves. Seems like Lucina and Robin would have been much better options than those two.

Was Mac ever reprinted? Or what about the two TRU exclusives?
I'm still in need of a little mac and robin so I'm with ya there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back