Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in San Diego I've started to get Sunday(and some other days) delivered by Amazon's own delivery service. On that note I got mine today in mint condition(I open the boxes so no worries either way for me) with 3 or 4 air packets in the box.
I get my mail from USPS as well as Amazon Local on Sundays. Also in San Diego.

Was it delivered by Ontrac? I hate it when I get packages from those guys. They will either mis-delivery my package or scan it as delivered when it won't be until the next day.
I've been lucky with Ontrac, personally. I've gotten every one of my packages from them on time with none lost. Been probably a dozen.

Got my Palutena just now and I see where the problems that have been mentioned with her. Her face is a little on the scary side but mine isn't as bad as the one that was going around on the amiibo Reddit. Also her shield arm is very scary having a 3 year old that could easily break it off because of the flimsy nature of it. However it is one of the more detailed amiibo and considering it's only a $12.99 figure, I'm impressed with her. Looks great with Pit and Dark Pit for sure.
Got mine today and was also very surprised that many parts of her move. It's really cool looking and I like the effect a lot. Only amiibo I was really careful with getting it out of the box.

FYI: Almost every bestbuy in Missouri & Kansas will have minimum 50 to 70 dark pit amiibos for this friday. Limit 1 per person. Reseller you can take 2-8 little kids and you end up get max is 2 dark pit. I will be at the store around 9 am hope meet up with some cool cag.

Maybe sale my extra. Gold mario & falcon for $40 each, robin, lucina lol

[quote name="elessar123" post="12829176" timestamp="1437954105"]I get my mail from USPS as well as Amazon Local on Sundays. Also in San Diego.

I've been lucky with Ontrac, personally. I've gotten every one of my packages from them on time with none lost. Been probably a dozen.[/quote]

Just checked, mine was delivered via AMZL_US and came from the Vegas fulfillment center.

I get my mail from USPS as well as Amazon Local on Sundays. Also in San Diego.

I've been lucky with Ontrac, personally. I've gotten every one of my packages from them on time with none lost. Been probably a dozen.
Have you done the same day delivery with a few hours over there yet? I think SD is one of the cities where they are testing this out.

You think I didn't do that already? :lol:

But that was a moot point since the boxes Amazon normally uses are too big for my mailbox.
So, it's official someone thieved your Palutena, then? I thought someone stole mine once, I didn't see a box on my porch, (even though it said delivered) I started to trip balls. I then checked my mailbox, as last resort and voila it was there (I felt so stupid, lol)!

So, it's official someone thieved your Palutena, then? I thought someone stole mine once, I didn't see a box on my porch, (even though it said delivered) I started to trip balls. I then checked my mailbox, as last resort and voila it was there (I felt so stupid, lol)!
Hard to say... I was out of town so I have no idea where USPS would have left the package. They never just leave packages at my apartment (Fedex/UPS don't care, they'll leave them by the doors or in the vestibule) and usually leave a note if it's back at the post office or if they left it at the office.

I hate USPS. My wife had a package delivered from amazon today. My palutena though was marked as not able to be delivered and rescheduled for tomorrow. My mailman does this a lot because he is such an idiot. He forgets packages and then marks as undeliverable so they don't get dinged for a guaranteed delivery. I just hope amazon packed it well.

Have you done the same day delivery with a few hours over there yet? I think SD is one of the cities where they are testing this out.
I have not. There's a minimum purchase, so I just get 2-day if I need it fast. And I take advantage of the kindle/mp3/video credit with slow shipping when I don't need it right away.

The one time I wanted something ASAP, the item wasn't eligible (Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.0 lens).

FYI: Almost every bestbuy in Missouri & Kansas will have minimum 50 to 70 dark pit amiibos for this friday. Limit 1 per person. Reseller you can take 2-8 little kids and you end up get max is 2 dark pit. I will be at the store around 9 am hope meet up with some cool cag.

Maybe sale my extra. Gold mario & falcon for $40 each, robin, lucina lol
That's good news, I'd like to snag one on my lunch break if possible.

I hate USPS. My wife had a package delivered from amazon today. My palutena though was marked as not able to be delivered and rescheduled for tomorrow. My mailman does this a lot because he is such an idiot. He forgets packages and then marks as undeliverable so they don't get dinged for a guaranteed delivery. I just hope amazon packed it well.
Boo Hoo. You have to wait 1 more day for your toy to show up. What are you, a fucking impatient 4 year old? You're a grown ass man. Act like it and stop blaming the postal carrier because you can't wait 24 more hours to get your $13 toy

Boo Hoo. You have to wait 1 more day for your toy to show up. What are you, a fucking impatient 4 year old? You're a grown ass man. Act like it and stop blaming the postal carrier because you can't wait 24 more hours to get your $13 toy
Are you pissed he only paid MSRP for his?

No. The whining and blaming the mailman because he didn't get his toy "TODAY!!!!!!!!" are what's pathetic. Jesus Christ man...
Well Amazon did guarantee delivery for Sunday and this is USPS going around the Prime extension policy. Mine was guaranteed for today but it updated to Monday and I got a month extension of prime.

HE PAID for prime and wants the shit he ordered when they said he would get it. If not he gets a free month of prime but his mail carrier forgot it, which makes it look like it was an attempted delivery and that means no free prime .

Take a chill pill

Nintendo likely fills to what they order. Like I said NA actually gets the largest amount of amibo stock.

Ness was up in store for a few hours and he had a restock that was pretty good. Jigglypuff was pretty easy in store as most targets got at least 32. Jigglypuff also had a huge restock and was in stock on the site for a few days.

Robin and Lucina weren't store exclusive.

As far as being easy to buy in Japan, Robin and Lucina have been sold out for awhile there. Lucina from Amazon Japan right now is about $25 before shipping fees. Robin is about $19 before fees.

Jigglypuff is instock there right now. Ness isn't too bad.

Seems Robin and Lucina havent had a reprint yet while the other 2 have.

I never doubted that the USA gets the most stock. The problem lies mostly with store exclusives which sell out in a matter of minutes.

GameStop stores here in NY averaged 4 (FOUR) Ness figures per store.
I highly doubt that's all they wanted to receive.

Jiggleypuff indeed received more stock after Target told customers they would not be restocking it. So that was just a case of bad info. Ness, I haven't seen any back in stock on GameStop's website.

I refuse to buy from Japan because many of the figures I buy online arrive in terrible shape and I leave mine unopened. At least when I buy then locally I can exchange for a non-damaged one.

Back in the day when I managed a game store pre-ordering actually meant something. We would take pre-orders for a month or so and then the distributor would fill ALL of the orders. Now it's meaningless. Digital game download pre-orders are also ridiculous and laughable.

2 days from release would be Sunday afternoon, and USPS only deliverers AM's on Sunday.  It would be ironic if they came crushed that would give them something to really complain about.

I never doubted that the USA gets the most stock. The problem lies mostly with store exclusives which sell out in a matter of minutes.

GameStop stores here in NY averaged 4 (FOUR) Ness figures per store.
I highly doubt that's all they wanted to receive.

Jiggleypuff indeed received more stock after Target told customers they would not be restocking it. So that was just a case of bad info. Ness, I haven't seen any back in stock on GameStop's website.

I refuse to buy from Japan because many of the figures I buy online arrive in terrible shape and I leave mine unopened. At least when I buy then locally I can exchange for a non-damaged one.

Back in the day when I managed a game store pre-ordering actually meant something. We would take pre-orders for a month or so and then the distributor would fill ALL of the orders. Now it's meaningless. Digital game download pre-orders are also ridiculous and laughable.
Ness has been on the website 2 or 3 times.

Ness has been on the website 2 or 3 times.
Perhaps, but my original point is that they should stop with the store exclusives. It's nothing but problems and other countries don't have to deal with it.

Rosalina (Target exclusive) sold out in under 10 minutes at 5:35am EST.
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive) sold out in 15minutes
Gold Mario (Wal-Mart) sold out immediately.
Ness (GameStop) sold out immediately between server crashes. Stocked 4 per store and most employees bought them so the customer never had a chance.
Shulk (GameStop) sold out fast and then GS canceled many orders due to shortages in their stock from Nintendo.
Lucario (TRU) sold out in under and hour

My other point was that Bestbuy is discriminating against disabled people by not allowing them to buy these online. If they were smart they would do exactly what Amazon is doing. Alert the customers who are interested in buying, schedule a time when they can order, and limit a strict one figure per person rule, and finally stock enough to ensure they don't sell out in under 10 minutes.

Perhaps, but my original point is that they should stop with the store exclusives. It's nothing but problems and other countries don't have to deal with it.

Ness (GameStop) sold out immediately between server crashes. Stocked 4 per store and most employees bought them so the customer never had a chance.
Shulk (GameStop) sold out fast and then GS canceled many orders due to shortages in their stock from Nintendo.

My other point was that Bestbuy is discriminating against disabled people by not allowing them to buy these online. If they were smart they would do exactly what Amazon is doing. Alert the customers who are interested in buying, schedule a time when they can order, and limit a strict one figure per person rule, and finally stock enough to ensure they don't sell out in under 10 minutes.
They want people in store, more people in store means they are more likely to attach more products to each individual transaction as well as offer Best Buy Credit Card. I think they should have just done both. Especially with no pre orders this may get hectic. Im sure the stores will be prepared though so it goes extra smooth.

They want people in store, more people in store means they are more likely to attach more products to each individual transaction as well as offer Best Buy Credit Card. I think they should have just done both. Especially with no pre orders this may get hectic. Im sure the stores will be prepared though so it goes extra smooth.
Right, they should have done both.
I have a back injury and can't make it to the retail location.
Looks like I'll have to overpay for that one if I want it.

Once these last rounds of restocks occur (Villager, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Little Mac, etc)  there really isn't such a thing as a rare amiibo anymore.  It's just a matter of whether or not you did your due diligence to track them down and buy them.  Just sayin'

all of these expect Lurcaio have been restocked on line and lasted awhile. Shulk and Lucario were up for months in store and on line before release.

Ness was actually up for awhile in store the day pre orders went up.

Shulk was up for months.
That doesn't change the fact that they canceled orders due to shortages (mine included).

You guys who are defending Nintendo are hilarious. I mean seriously - it's borderline comedic.

No, you could not buy Ness online on the day it was released. At least not the 99% who were trying. They had 4 per stock average stock. This is documented on reddit while they were for sale. Same with others on Amazon which sold out in less than 10 minutes.

Done here. It's pointless to try and have a realistic conversation about how Nintendo and stores could possibly improve their sales tactics when so many think it's perfectly fine the way it is.

That doesn't change the fact that they canceled orders due to shortages (mine included).

You guys who are defending Nintendo are hilarious. I mean seriously - it's borderline comedic.

No, you could not buy Ness online on the day it was released. At least not the 99% who were trying. They had 4 per stock average stock. This is documented on reddit while they were for sale. Same with others on Amazon which sold out in less than 10 minutes.

Done here. It's pointless to try and have a realistic conversation about how Nintendo and stores could possibly improve their sales tactics when so many think it's perfectly fine the way it is.
No one is saying its perfect but you are making things up that just wasnt the case.

Ness on release day wasn't easy to find. Thats not we are saying. The day his pre order went up he was up for order for a few hours and he has been restocked twice online since then and in store as well.

Anyone who reads this thread every day has had multiple opportunities to buy almost every amiibo. You can also log on to amazon.de right now and purchase about 2/3 of the assortment of amiibos that have been released. Imports are cheap, Ebay is cheap, and restocks are happening every week now.

What gets old are the people who come here to bitch and moan over stock issues on this thread whose sole existence is founded on contributing members posting all the tips and opportunities available to help you score amiibos.

the only amiibo A lot of people never had a chance for was pit and little mac, talking north american versions
I would substitute Pit with Captain Falcon in your statement. Pit got a small restock recently.

The other ones I personally have had trouble getting are Lucario, Ike, Lucina, Robin and Villager. Lucked out with Captain Falcon (from NewEgg) and Shulk (Gamestop employee returning it to store).

Yeah dude don't be such a pissed off dick. I paid for Prime and don't like USPS skirts around their delivery guarantees by lying about it. Plus my mailman damages most of my packages by forcing all packages into the mailbox. Amazon is paying more for USPS to deliver Sunday so they need to do their job right.

I know a bunch of people have been reporting Organization 13's posts and I sent him a warning via PM yesterday.  He chose to ignore it, so I banned him for a week.  Hopefully he gets the message.

Do some ppl care if its first print or not besides North American version?

I always buy NA version. I'm starting to get picky and wanting the first print instead.

The only 2nd prints I have is villager and Marth.

This may have already been posted but TRU has amiibo 3 for $33 this week. Most of the TRUs around me have had some of the less than common amiibo in stock lately. 

I know a bunch of people have been reporting Organization 13's posts and I sent him a warning via PM yesterday. He chose to ignore it, so I banned him for a week. Hopefully he gets the message.
yeah i blocked him a while ago but i still get to see his lovely posts when others quote him lol

Yeah, nintendo fans seem ok with the whole thing as long as they get the ones they want even if they have to jump through 2 or 3 extra hoops to do so and pay above retail. Nintendo is dumb at marketing anything these days and anyone who can't see this must be totally blinded by their fanboyism. I put on here long ago that if nintendo really wanted to fix the issue on these amiibo they should just put online orders up through a sort of amiibo online store and people have a certain time period to place their order (say a month for each wave) and simply order them in that window and move on to the next wave. Then Nintendo will know how many to have manufactured & if someone did not get what they wanted then it would be their fault for not keeping up & their alternative would be paying scalper prices. Instead, they decide to do it as they are and waste store shelf space with these things because everytime I go to walmart and gamestop it's been the same ol amiibo hanging there for the most part. This simple idea I was told would not work because the time to make the amiibo would be a year by the time they could get them made but that's bull. Making them is fast once their designs are finalized and molds complete. Heck, they could even keep taking orders on them if they wanted to but I figure a cutoff order date would keep the collectors more interested and actually how limited each figure would be would be based off of how many people who are not following the amiibo scene that did not get a order in but turned out wanting one after the cutoff. So simple but so effective because all who really want them would have no problem getting them. It would be those asleep at the wheel who would be missing out.

I haven't yet pulled the trigger on a $35 Palutena from Ebay after missing her on Friday. I guess I'm holding out hope for a restock of some sort. Has there been any word floating around on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back