Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend and I called 4 BB, 2 in MI and 2 in IN. None would disclose their quantity, or even clue us in if they received few or many. We asked if we should be prepared to wait in line for a few hours or come right before open. All 4 places told us they could not reveal any clue to their inventory -___-. Is there like an internal memo circulating at all the BB stores to be so secretive?

My friend and I called 4 BB, 2 in MI and 2 in IN. None would disclose their quantity, or even clue us in if they received few or many. We asked if we should be prepared to wait in line for a few hours or come right before open. All 4 places told us they could not reveal any clue to their inventory -___-. Is there like an internal memo circulating at all the BB stores to be so secretive?
Yeah, BB employees are not supposed to discuss on-order or inventory quantities with customers. But they can look up quantities by SKU. You have to know how to ask or else talk to someone there you know. Usually it just takes getting a little personable with the employee, tell them why you need help. I had this happen to me the other day as well. I asked for Ben who wasn't around and the two of them proceeded to tell me they couldn't say how many Dark Pits they were getting. "Now if Ben were here he'd tell me, that's really too bad! Gosh he's a good dude". "oh well we're getting 55 Dark Pits and the other store is getting 40." Great, thanks!

What time are you guys going to get at bb? I am thinking 90 min before
Would like to see reports of how things go for those of you who get there early.

I'll be working and although I should be able to leave early tomorrow, I won't be able to make it to a BBY until the afternoon/evening period.

Would like to see reports of how things go for those of you who get there early.

I'll be working and although I should be able to leave early tomorrow, I won't be able to make it to a BBY until the afternoon/evening period.
I really think you won't be able to find any

Same boat. I don't expect to find one, but the one I frequent is more or less on the way home.

What time are you guys going to get at bb? I am thinking 90 min before
I'm going 40-60 minutes before, but only because I'm trying to get two. It's just not worth spending much more time than that. Anyone who gets there 10-15 minutes before open should have no problem scoring one from a 50+ quantity store. But it all depends on your region.

Walk-ins have had no problem buying Greninja, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, etc in my region, as long as you're there when they open. Some sell out after getting through the initial line, some have them available well into the late afternoon.

Yeah, profits are wonderful. I'm glad to see they where loosing money for the last 3 years since the Wii U released, and now they are making profits from cheap toys with little to no effort on their part, and probably cost 1-2 dollars to produce. Think how much more money they could currently be making, if restocks where as good at ALL retailers, as they are for 1 "N" based store in NY. How about an online store, where any and all "fans" can get the same options to purchase products?

Maybe "N" should return to toys and card productions, as it's very apparent they are doing better there, than they have been doing with video games, which is supposed to be their core business.

I would personally rather see them making a profit from selling tons of handhelds and console that are supported by great 1st & 3rd party software, and have great games released more than every other 6 months. Maybe they should be more focused there, than on an idea they stole from Skylanders & Infinity to make a fast buck. Once this trend is over(like the Wii was over), they will be right back to loosing funds with their current gaming business model, or just barely getting by.

Yeah, profits are wonderful. I'm glad to see they where loosing money for the last 3 years since the Wii U released, and now they are making profits from cheap toys with little to no effort on their part, and probably cost 1-2 dollars to produce. Think how much more money they could currently be making, if restocks where as good at ALL retailers, as they are for 1 "N" based store in NY. How about an online store, where any and all "fans" can get the same options to purchase products?

Maybe "N" should return to toys and card productions, as it's very apparent they are doing better there, than they have been doing with video games, which is supposed to be their core business.

I would personally rather see them making a profit from selling tons of handhelds and console that are supported by great 1st & 3rd party software, and have great games released more than every other 6 months. Maybe they should be more focused there, than on an idea they stole from Skylanders & Infinity to make a fast buck. Once this trend is over(like the Wii was over), they will be right back to loosing funds with their current gaming business model, or just barely getting by.
They are making good profit also by having great games, Splatoon - their most recent game is doing fantastic. That game is great. And a new IP that has sold a ton of copies.

And they are getting ready to release Mario Maker which is basically everyone's dream Mario game. And they have some other great games coming out this Fall.

But yes, they are also making good money selling plastic figures which apparently people want.

I'm just going to stop at the BB on the way to work at about 10AM. This is the SF Bay Area, so it'll probably have a line mostly made up of scalpers wrapped around the building, but it doesn't hurt to swing by briefly just in case they get enough copies.

Depending on how things go early morning I may take a long lunch to drive out...but not expecting too. Hoping I can score an extra from somebody with one of my other rares.

I'll try to grab extras to help some CAG here that won't be able to make it. I have three Best Buy that are fairly close to each other, about 10 mins from each other.

Let's hack Skylanders as well. And Disney Infiity. And DLC

Why were at it lets just steal games.
1. Skylanders has been hacked.... or at least some version of it.

2. Hacking disc locked content sounds like a great idea to me. I'd back that up 100%

3. Now you are just being moronic.

Yeah, but when content is locked to certain Amiibos, and certain ones can't be bought for retail cost, I would agree that this current system is very broken. I've been a "N" fan my whole life, but if they went out of business tomorrow I wouldn't shed a single tear, as they are beyond logic and good business practices at this point.

I'm lucky, as I have no interest in this Amiibo craze, and my son only ever wants the ones at retail, so I don't personally have an issue one way or the other. But it's clear to see how much of a cluster fuck this has been from the start.

"N" has really gone down hill over the years, and sadly, I see no return to greatness happening anytime soon.
Every Amiibo is MSRP $12.99. If your paying more...shame on you n

1. Skylanders has been hacked.... or at least some version of it.
2. Hacking disc locked content sounds like a great idea to me. I'd back that up 100%
3. Now you are just being moronic.
You want to "hack" something that Nintendo wants you to pay for. That's stealing. why not just steal the toys instead?

You want to "hack" something that Nintendo wants you to pay for. That's stealing. why not just steal the toys instead?
I bought the WiiU. I bought the disc. Let's say I did hack it.... exactly what would I be stealing?

Did you get this pissy any of the times people hacked the DLC for Capcom's games to access the DLC for free? Because at least those DLC keys are readily available; I've yet to even see several of these amiibo in person.

Last edited:
Not bothering with NA Amiibo and waiting till my Europe trip paid off picked up everything I needed and spent 300€ today in Germany on amiibo! Haven't seen any dark pit or palutena but I'm glad to have zss pliant bowser jr Lucina robin ness and everything else I wanted

I'm hoping between the 10 or so BestBuy's near me that I will be able to find one around mid morning tomorrow. I am past the point of waiting in line for these but wouldn't mind having one. My luck though, the quantity per store will be diluted here due to the sheer number of stores in the area. 

If not, import prices seem to be to the point now where it really doesn't cost that much anyway. 

wait....i just remembered. wasn't there like a dark bowser announced to come out tomorrow as well? completely forgot about that. it was blown up on reddit. 

wait....i just remembered. wasn't there like a dark bowser announced to come out tomorrow as well? completely forgot about that. it was blown up on reddit.
Bowser and DK will be included in the 3ds/wiiu starter packs. They will function as amiibo/skylanders hybrids. Activision usually releases a Dark Edition version of starter packs, hence Dark Editions of Bowser/DK.

I was heading to post office during lunch and planned to go to NW as well. The rain made me realize it was a bad idea. I have to repack the package (an amiibo) and nab extras from NW tomorrow afternoon.

Wish there were more BBs around me.  The one that's closest I've never gone to for launch-day amiibo because its nearby a college-town and I figured it'd be packed (it usually is so I've heard), but I'm wondering if I should break my habit of going to the lesser-packed stores that I've gone to in the past and gotten mine every time... they're about 30 minutes difference though and since I don't have any OT this week, its just a toss-up of spending gas (and potentially a bit of PT)... enh, I guess I'll change it up -- always excited to try new things, guess the worst that could happen would be having to pay >MSRP which I haven't had to do yet!

Hoping my wife can swing by Best Buy for me tomorrow. Bad part is it's the only BB around...I hope they get a bunch of 'em. (She won't be going at open.)

You're backing the wrong pony, then.
Nintendo is all about "blue ocean". Fighting over third party developers and begging them to port to your system is walking right into the deep end of a "red ocean", especially since now that consoles are similarly spec'd to midrange computers and development time and costs both increased radically, there's really not a ton of value to be had from being home to any of those products. Yes, you do lose out by ending up being a "supplementary" system, but I can say I'm far happier with a pc and a wii u that I would be if I owned a PS4 and Xbox One, a pc and a ps4 or a pc and Xbox One. Or even a pc, ps4 and xbox one.

Nintendo is doing what it does. And it's making profit. It'll keep doing that until it doesn't.

You're expecting a dressage horse to be a thoroughbred racehorse. That's just silly.

FYI: MOST bestbuy will have minimum 40 to 90 dark pits on 7/31 (depend on locations). Also, every single bestbuy will receive 2nd shipment minium 15 dark pits. Not sure when 2nd shipment will show up. Bestbuy liscense dark pit up to 2018. I sure dark pit will be out of print after 2nd shipment. ;)

You guys think getting a complete NiB US set in good condition is hard?? Try importing and building a complete EU NiB set!  My EU set is 32/44 (up to Olimar) and I'm just missing all the commons from wave 1-2.   But a handful of them still have bad creases across the top of the box.  I've ordered a number of them twice to try to get ones in better condition lol.  

It's fun getting packages from foreign amazons all the time, but it's also a lot of work selling off your extras.  Some international boxes come completely beat to shit and yet the figures inside are pristine.  Other times it's the inverse.  I'm gonna get that numbered EU complete set though!

Is there anyway to get inventory numbers for dark pit online without having to go to the store? When I called the nearest best buy to me, they said they can't supply inventory numbers over the phone. I live in San Jose, Ca.

You want to "hack" something that Nintendo wants you to pay for.
And if we paid for everything every company wanted us to pay for, all of us wouldn't be able to eat and most wouldn't have a house. Not to mention, pirates would be out of a job. Nintendo wants us to pay? Good for you, Nintendo. *pats Nintendo's head*

Welp, one of the stores nearby is getting 40. But its also the one thats right next to the Toys R Us that had a good 80+ people for Greninja.
Yep, the two stores in South County San Diego are getting 51 and 52 respectively while the two TRUs in the same relative area had 100+ of Greninja each and still only barely managed to fulfill the line as of opening. I suspect some people are going to leave disappointed come tomorrow.

Yep, the two stores in South County San Diego are getting 51 and 52 respectively while the two TRUs in the same relative area had 100+ of Greninja each and still only barely managed to fulfill the line as of opening. I suspect some people are going to leave disappointed come tomorrow.
Who knows, maybe the cheap import prices will drive away some of those who were only there for scalping/reselling/trading.

Trying to call my closest store, but I think they took the phone off the hook lol. If they are atleast getting in the 30-40 range, I'm sure I could roll in pretty late and still be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back