Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy #224 in Wichita had about 30-40 in stock. The manager joked he has a bigger turn out for each Amiibo release than he had for the last call of duty game.

For our San Diego people just got to the Carmel Mountain store (8:40ish) and I think I'm #14. The spreadsheet posted yesterday said I think 53 here.

Best Buy #224 in Wichita had about 30-40 in stock. The manager joked he has a bigger turn out for each Amiibo release than he had for the last call of duty game.

My closest store had 18 and ended up with 17 tickets handed out and a few more people who showed up before opening.  I strangely did not see any of the local scalpers I know of.

No way Reynoldsburg has 17. There were 33 people in line before they opened (and only got 40 total). All Columbus stores got 40 each (or 39 mysteriously...), and 2 surrounding cities about 30 minutes away got 18 each.
Again as they read me those numbers they were not sure if it was current. One of the guys said that there store 156 received more than the other stores. I did drive to Polaris and was informed that there were people in line at 7 and they sold out immediately. Japanese packing is different but if you want them all why not go that route? I will open those and keep NA Palutena and WFT in box. Open fr and it and keep NA in box if I get them.[attachment=16157:20150731_113954_resized.jpg]

Again as they read me those numbers they were not sure if it was current. One of the guys said that there store 156 received more than the other stores. I did drive to Polaris and was informed that there were people in line at 7 and they sold out immediately. Japanese packing is different but if you want them all why not go that route? I will open those and keep NA Palutena and WFT in box. Open fr and it and keep NA in box if I get them.
attachicon.gif
20150731_113954_resized.jpg
Importing just increases the cost too much. I really can't justify paying more than $15 apiece. And if I can get them at Best Buy with GCU it's usually worthwhile.

Yeah that's the same day as the DBZ Resurrection of F movie.   fuck that bullshit Gamestop.  New DBZ movie > Amiibo anyday.

Last edited:
Well, I'm pretty sure all the Best Buys in the SF Bay Area are a lost cause. I'll probably swing by the nearest one at 9:30AM still, but if there's a big line, screw it.

Well shit. I really wanted all three of these for my collection. I don't care about most Amiibo but I'm a sucker for these retro ones! Too bad I'll be on vacation that day (this keeps happening... I guess I go on too many vacations?).

Hopefully there will be imports up on Amazon for $20 or less.

I did it guys. I did it. I woke up, took a massive dump, went to bestbuy and got dark pit. Finally. :eek: up until now the only dark pit in my life was the status of my underarms since I have eczema and deodorant causes the skin there to darken. I got one yo. I got one. Finally. Omfg. Choco taco time.

edit: I mean got 1 for my wife.

This better not mean we're not getting individual packs....

Also: F me! I'll be on a trip that weekend....
I think there are still some questions that need to be answered, but my guess is the 3 pack (only) will be exclusive to Gamestop, but the individuals will be sold at other retailers. Could be wrong though.

I'm not telling you shit with an attitude like that. Figure it out yourself.

I'm not the only one complaining about it though, there's a certain reddit where a post or two has been made about the low stock in our area as well. Seems this store wasn't the only one to only get 5. Have fun tracking it down!
You're not telling me because you are lying. No store in the country only received 5.

Importing just increases the cost too much. I really can't justify paying more than $15 apiece. And if I can get them at Best Buy with GCU it's usually worthwhile.
Eh, I'm willing to drop $20 for ones I really want. And it's surprising how cheap some of the import amiibo are, actually.

Jigglypuff for $13 on Amazon, for example.

You're not telling me because you are lying. No store in the country only received 5.
Look, I don't mean to be insulting, but are you really too incompetent to ctrl + f a reddit? I did everything but give you the fucking link outright. I suppose it's just easier to clasp your hands over your ears and call me a liar or accuse me of making multiple accounts and posting BS though.

And some received less than 5 :???: . A comment about one of those stores was actually one of the first posts today :wall:

Last edited:
It says the individuals are not GS exclusive, so I'd take that to mean they'll still be available individuallyrics at other retailers.
I think there are still some questions that need to be answered, but my guess is the 3 pack (only) will be exclusive to Gamestop, but the individuals will be sold at other retailers. Could be wrong though.
I really hope so.

Hoping I can pick up this 3 pack at NWS in September. Assuming all the amiibo get released with Mario Maker as expected.

There are some posts on Reddit that say otherwise (though I believe they also said 15 more were in transit for some of them). The stores were in South Carolina if I remember correctly.

There are some posts on Reddit that say otherwise (though I believe they also said 15 more were in transit for some of them). The stores were in South Carolina if I remember correctly.
Not all of the stores were SC, but yeah, that's the one I was referring to that was posted several hours ago. Beaufort SC I believe it was only got 4.

Some have more in transit, some apparently don't. Though having more in transit doesn't mean much unless you have a way of knowing when they arrive and beating the rush.

Last edited:
Got to best buy to pick up a few dragons age and there was a line around the front of the building. I didn't even come here for one. What am I doing?
DA:I? I saw 2 ps3 copies that had instore pickups stickers on the protective cases; one was the entire sticker as in no attempt to remove. Guessing there was a tiv nuke?

I don't get some eBay sellers, just picked up a NA NIB Dark Pit for $22.99 (free shipping) ... guy took the pictures still in his car. Had to imagine he wasted at least an hour of his time to make, what, $4 after fees and postage?

Be sure to check out the new listings for other good opportunities
With GCU and if NO sales tax, guy made about $6.

Most are morons. Don't take pics inside the store or make it obvious you just got it. Don't take pic of your entire stash. Don't include receipt. The "make sure you're at least breaking even" concept should be a given.

Got my dark pit, and picked up a Majora's Mask case for the $7 sale since my current case is breaking. Had a great time in line. Was worth the wait for once. Made a lot of new amiibo friends who are now on the lookout for rares I need. :)
Was the case on clearance? I saw it in person at a GS at release and wasn't into it. But for $7...

Yay for GCU, reward cets, and welcome back coupons! I bought Dark Pit for 41 cents.
Reward certs don't count! I've been slacking on getting more movers. Does it also come with an online code? What's the expiration?

Pretty happy experience for me this morning. Showed up at 7:30 CST in Bismarck, ND and was 5th in line. Store allowed 2 per person but they had gotten in somewhere around 55 I heard. I think they were either out or almost out by a quarter after but I think almost every person bought 2 (The limit they enforced).
Not sure what the amiibo hunter/reseller density is for your area. If it's under 30 I guess it's understandable to increase the corporate limit of 1 (as per ad and announcement).

I'll share my story later once I hear back from others in my area.

The theaters around me are playing the movie at like 7PM. Besides DBZ isn't even good, watch better anime.
Those are fighting words if I ever heard them. Especially after that last movie which was fantastic.

I don't remember what time the theater is showing it but I know it was a lot earlier than 7. The only one in like a 50 mile radius showing it on a weekend (just like it was last year with Battle of Z). They are making a little event of it. I don't usually go for super nerdy stuff like that but I got there a little early last year and have to admit I had some fun. I just wish so many morons hadn't spiked their hair or worn their shitty SSJ wigs during the movie :whistle2:? They didn't block my view but my friends sure complained about it so I think I'll bring a poking stick this year :D

Last edited:
First time I didn't end up at the front of the line.  Had the day off but I still waited until about 8:30 a.m. to head out.  Resale costs have dropped tremendously and I figured it was a Friday ...sooooo went way later then I would have.  #32 in line and they got 26.  I didn't book to another BB (I have several in the area) cause this one is usually best.  Just dropped the $25 on Amazon (shipped) because it was basically "free" anyway....thanks to 50% coupons and Amazon cards.

Was the case on clearance? I saw it in person at a GS at release and wasn't into it. But for $7...
It was on clearance for $3 (they advertised the sale along with the B1G1 50% 3DS games deal, and hori tpu 3DS case also on sale).
It's not as good as the one I'm replacing it with, but it's suprisingly sturdy and holds 6 games. If you're a zelda fan, and don't have a case, it's worth it for the price imo.

If anybody had an extra dark pit to sell, for some reason there was a larger turnout for dark pit than the entire wave 4 so all 37 were claimed already before store opening.

Well I'm happy, 20 minutes of line waiting and got mine for $11 after GCU.  I think Amiibo hype is dying down in my area, we only had 10 in line.  

Those are fighting words if I ever heard them. Especially after that last movie which was fantastic.

I don't remember what time the theater is showing it but I know it was a lot earlier than 7. The only one in like a 50 mile radius showing it on a weekend (just like it was last year with Battle of Z). They are making a little event of it. I don't usually go for super nerdy stuff like that but I got there a little early last year and have to admit I had some fun. I just wish so many morons hadn't spiked their hair or worn their shitty SSJ wigs during the movie :whistle2:? They didn't block my view but my friends sure complained about it so I think I'll bring a poking stick this year :D
I thought Battle of Gods was mediocre at best. It only served to show that Goku and Vegeta are the only ones who are relevant now. But anyway I'm pretty sure they won't show the movie before 4PM so you should still be able to get your amiibo business done

I thought Battle of Gods was mediocre at best. It only served to show that Goku and Vegeta are the only ones who are relevant now. But anyway I'm pretty sure they won't show the movie before 4PM so you should still be able to get your amiibo business done
I just looked up the time on Fandango. 11AM :???: If GS opens early though and there are no delays hopefully I can run by, throw down a preorder, and still drive back in time to catch a good bit of the pre-showing "party". It will just suck cause the GS closest to the theater is still over half an hour from my house which has one right next door.

Goku and Vegeta are the only ones relevant as far as the fighting goes, but when it came to the humor a lot of the characters had their moments. Gohan in particular.

Last edited:
Got to my local Best Buy on the east coast about 3 minutes before noon.  I called about 15 minutes before to see if they still had any, expecting them to be sold out, but the guy told me they still had "a few."  I drove over there, expecting them to be sold out, but there they were.... They had them in a box behind customer service and they still had about 8 left in there.  The guy grabbed one and rang it up and told me I had great timing. 

It seems they had to keep they behind the customer service desk until noon and he told me that was when they would be able to release them to the floor.  He said this was a new way they were doing it.  They gave out tickets this morning and then anybody that wanted one after that had to come ask for it at the desk.  This way, he said it would prevent people from coming in and buying multiples.  Kudos to Best Buy for trying to do something about the scalpers.

Anybody hit the Mayfield, OH BB?  Just curious what the stock was like.  Wanted to head there, but got stuck at work and I suspect they might be sold out by now... 

Got to my local Best Buy on the east coast about 3 minutes before noon.  I called about 15 minutes before to see if they still had any, expecting them to be sold out, but the guy told me they still had "a few."  I drove over there, expecting them to be sold out, but there they were.... They had them in a box behind customer service and they still had about 8 left in there.  The guy grabbed one and rang it up and told me I had great timing. 

It seems they had to keep they behind the customer service desk until noon and he told me that was when they would be able to release them to the floor.  He said this was a new way they were doing it.  They gave out tickets this morning and then anybody that wanted one after that had to come ask for it at the desk.  This way, he said it would prevent people from coming in and buying multiples.  Kudos to Best Buy for trying to do something about the scalpers.

Not all of the stores were SC, but yeah, that's the one I was referring to that was posted several hours ago. Beaufort SC I believe it was only got 4.

Some have more in transit, some apparently don't. Though having more in transit doesn't mean much unless you have a way of knowing when they arrive and beating the rush.
Again, which specific store number is yours that only received five? If you don't have the number, a street and city/state is fine. You claimed you already went there in an earlier post and talked to the manager and found out they only received five. Now you're directing me to a Reddit post and refusing to confirm which store is yours. It seems like all you do is bitch and complain about Best Buy and Nintendo in this thread and elsewhere. I think it's pretty clear you never went to that alleged local store with five or talked to anyone. This is just more of your trolling and BS.

I just looked up the time on Fandango. 11AM :???: If GS opens early though and there are no delays hopefully I can run by, throw down a preorder, and still drive back in time to catch a bit of the pre-showing "party". It will just suck cause the GS closest to the theater is still over half an hour from my house which has one right next door.

Goku and Vegeta are the only ones relevant as far as the fighting goes, but when it came to the humor a lot of the characters had their moments. Gohan in particular.
Damn, that sucks. Odd that they show it so early. Movies like this are usually shown later in the evening where I live. I'm just mad that Toriyama hyped Gohan so much back in the Cell saga, and then he just gets worse and worse in terms of fighting. Now he's basically a gag character

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back