Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, it was an adult. Manager showed me the video when I told him I wanted to file a report with the USPS, which after some Googling, he was ok with. He gave me the name and apartment the guy lives in, but would not provide any visual evidence. His reasoning was that he wants to find out what he can do legally. Apparently, there has been quite a few packages missing lately and he thinks this guy is doing it and the video is enough to get the tenant evicted, but he doesn't wanna do anything that could result in a lawsuit. I'll be filing a report tomorrow morning.

I think so but... I really don't wanna make a Federal case out of this.
I would send him some anonymous crap...literally.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=order%20poop

Again, which specific store number is yours that only received five? If you don't have the number, a street and city/state is fine. You claimed you already went there in an earlier post and talked to the manager and found out they only received five. Now you're directing me to a Reddit post and refusing to confirm which store is yours. It seems like all you do is bitch and complain about Best Buy and Nintendo in this thread and elsewhere. I think it's pretty clear you never went to that alleged local store with five or talked to anyone. This is just more of your trolling and BS.
1. Why are you so adamant about finding out what store I shop at? You've already been told by others here that some stores only got 5 (or less). You've basically been proven wrong. What more do you want?

2. Based on what you've written it's pretty damn clear you didn't even read what I wrote because you are saying I said things I never said.

3. This is a forum. The topic is amiibo. Yet god forbid I tell any story that doesn't end with "Congrats Nintendo" or "Way to go Best Buy".

4. It's clear at this point that anything I say or do isn't going to appease you, so why even respond? I'm so done lol.

Damn, that sucks. Odd that they show it so early. Movies like this are usually shown later in the evening where I live. I'm just mad that Toriyama hyped Gohan so much back in the Cell saga, and then he just gets worse and worse in terms of fighting. Now he's basically a gag character
I guess it's all in what you are looking for. I always enjoyed the fights in DBZ but the jokes and slapstick were what really made the movie for me.

Last edited:
Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga, CA just sent an employee out to the line who said Nintendo emailed them this morning and told them to hand out tickets. All tickets were handed out after 6am so the figure is already sold out he claims.

Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga, CA just sent an employee out to the line who said Nintendo emailed them this morning and told them to hand out tickets. All tickets were handed out after 6am so the figure is already sold out he claims.

Damn, that sucks. Odd that they show it so early. Movies like this are usually shown later in the evening where I live. I'm just mad that Toriyama hyped Gohan so much back in the Cell saga, and then he just gets worse and worse in terms of fighting. Now he's basically a gag character
Toriyama wanted Gohan to take over the show as lead protagonist, which is why Goku was killed off seemingly for good at the end of the cell saga. The producers felt that the fans wanted only Goku....so the story was changed...Goten was Toriyama's attempt at succeeding where Gohan wasn't allowed to (which is why he is so much like Goku, so fans wouldn't be "dissapointed" by a lack of Goku). Much like Gohan, it didn't work out (unlike Gohan, the producers didn't ask to dumb down/make him a third rate character).

As a huge fan of Gohan, I don't like the rest of the series after the cell saga and fuck the GT series.
The movies are good though! I just heavily ignore Gohan in them as much as possible....it hurts me to see him as an adult lol.

Toriyama wanted Gohan to take over the show as lead protagonist, which is why Goku was killed off seemingly for good at the end of the cell saga. The producers felt that the fans wanted only Goku....so the story was changed...Goten was Toriyama's attempt at succeeding where Gohan wasn't allowed to (which is why he is so much like Goku, so fans wouldn't be "dissapointed" by a lack of Goku). Much like Gohan, it didn't work out (unlike Gohan, the producers didn't ask to dumb down/make him a third rate character).

As a huge fan of Gohan, I don't like the rest of the series after the cell saga and fuck the GT series.
The movies are good though! I just heavily ignore Gohan in them as much as possible....it hurts me to see him as an adult lol.
I read about that the other day. It really sucks since I also liked Gohan, so much wasted potential. I understand keeping Goku as the main character, but there was no reason to make Gohan such a buffoon after the cell saga

Wow, I hit BB on my lunch break and I actually got one! Very surprised. 

For any Austin area CAGS, there are about 6 left at the Mueller center store off Barbara Jordan boulevard. They are keeping them at the register. 

Cash register lady was awesome. She was telling me they had a fairly long line of people at opening and several people tried to take them to their cars and go back inside to "double dip" but she called them out on it and sent them packing. If not for her diligence I would not have gotten one right now. Collected her name and she will be getting a compliment to her store manager.

Pretty Easy today in South Houston and I was worried for nothing. Used to pretty friendly hunting grounds in the Research Triangle in North Carolina and wasn't sure what to expect down here. Got to BB at 7:45 for a 9 am open and was number 19 for 55 or so figures at the one at Baybrook Mall. Was also able to snag one for my brother who was sick at the one in League City, Texas when it opened at 10 am. Was number 15 or so for about 30 figures.

Much easier hunt compared to Waves 3 and 4, but yeah this wasn't a Greninja level of stock where people were reporting stock days after the May 29th launch. If you plan on going to BB's on your lunch break, prepare for possible more likely, probable disappointment.

1. Why are you so adamant about finding out what store I shop at? You've already been told by others here that some stores only got 5 (or less). You've basically been proven wrong. What more do you want?

2. Based on what you've written it's pretty damn clear you didn't even read what I wrote because you are saying I said things I never said.

3. This is a forum. The topic is amiibo. Yet god forbid I tell any story that doesn't end with "Congrats Nintendo" or "Way to go Best Buy".

4. It's clear at this point that anything I say or do isn't going to appease you, so why even respond? I'm so done lol.

I guess it's all in what you are looking for. I always enjoyed the fights in DBZ but the jokes and slapstick were what really made the movie for me.
Here is an exact cut and paste of the post you made this morning:

Oh but you guys insisted every fucking store in the US would be getting 40-50!? What's all this "15" nonsense i'm seeing?

Be fucking grateful you are getting that, the one near me is getting 5. F-ucking-ive!

Which also happens to be the same fucking time you had to get there if you wanted one. The manager told me there has to be ten times that many people lined up and there are genuine concerns about a riot.

Glad I at least had the foresight to wait until an hour after opening to try, guess there's no point in that though. Maybe I'll get lucky at another store, but I don't see how.

Thanks again Nintendo/Best Buy.

Please, explain to me where I misquoted you or misrepresented what you claimed happened? I haven't been proven wrong, I've simply proven that you are a liar who is now trying to cover his lies with a smokescreen of false indignation. Please post the specific store where you allegedly spoke to the manager and where there was allegedly a potential riot. I will be happy to reach out and confirm that your information was a lie. People are free to criticize Best Buy or Nintendo, but spreading false information and trolling has no place here.

Here is an exact cut and paste of the post you made this morning:

Oh but you guys insisted every fucking store in the US would be getting 40-50!? What's all this "15" nonsense i'm seeing?

Be fucking grateful you are getting that, the one near me is getting 5. F-ucking-ive!

Which also happens to be the same fucking time you had to get there if you wanted one. The manager told me there has to be ten times that many people lined up and there are genuine concerns about a riot.

Glad I at least had the foresight to wait until an hour after opening to try, guess there's no point in that though. Maybe I'll get lucky at another store, but I don't see how.

Thanks again Nintendo/Best Buy.

Please, explain to me where I misquoted you or misrepresented what you claimed happened? I haven't been proven wrong, I've simply proven that you are a liar who is now trying to cover his lies with a smokescreen of false indignation. Please post the specific store where you allegedly spoke to the manager and where there was allegedly a potential riot. I will be happy to reach out and confirm that your information was a lie. People are free to criticize Best Buy or Nintendo, but spreading false information and trolling has no place here.
Where you said I went to BB. I never did. I am friends with the manager, I called her this morning and asked her what it was like. I even joked a few posts down from the one you quoted about driving up there so I could join in the potential riot.

Had she told me they had plenty of DP's after everyone who lined up got one, I would've gladly driven down there to get mine. But why should I waste my time when clearly there weren't enough to go around?

I tell you what: Call all the stores on the Reddit where people posted getting less than 5. Start with the one in Beaufort SC that was posted this morning. Record every phone call so we know you aren't lying about what was said (since apparently misinformation is the name of the game here right?). Better send us your phone's log too so we know you aren't just calling a friend and faking it. After you confirm that everyone on Reddit who said their store got 5 or less lied, then I'll tell you what store my friend works at and you can call and harass her because clearly her day hasn't been bad enough already. Deal?

In all seriousness, I'm done. You are just trying to be pretentious at this point and clearly have no interest in actually listening to what anyone else says.

Last edited:
Where you said I went to BB. I never did. I am friends with the manager, I called her this morning and asked her what it was like. I even joked about driving up there so I could join in the potential riot.
You got me there. You're right, you never specifically said you physically went to the store. Now, simply tell me where this alleged store was and we can put this to rest for good.

Do you guys think I have a chance of getting Dark Pit after work or would he be gone by then? Before I asked ppl to help me get amiibos I can't get due to work but couldn't get anyone this time.

San Diego guy here, can't head to Best Buy until after work :(

I hope they have some left at the Mission Valley store at 5PM

Not gonna happen, unfortunately. I know both South Bay stores sold out at opening. I was in line at about five after nine and I was only a few from the last to get one at Otay Ranch.

Apparently, trolling has no place in this thread. News to me. Somebody tell Bo. XD

Because
tumblr_m4adkpRiPb1qi0thko1_500.gif
I only showed up at the Garner, NC store around 9:55. Thankfully, only 15 people in front. They opened the door, we walked calmly up to CS (where it looked like they had the whole 40 somethin Dark Pit amiibo), and the CS reps literally handed one to each person in line before directing them to check out. At 10:15, they still had 20ish. Sorry I didn't update on point--the sudafed knocked me out good.

Both of my Best Buy were well stock. I showed up late and was able to grab one at each location. There were a lot of happy people smirking and smiling as they left the store.

I wish other stores would do what Amazon did. Sell them online, announce a specific time, and put a strict limit of 1 per customer.

Best Buy's method of in store only seems like the most retarded way of doing this.
Exactly. Amazon has the right idea and it should be copied.
I called our local Best Buy, even though I am unable to get there and was told they received between 15 and 30 figures. I asked if they will ever stock them online and was told "No sir. That would be unfair to the customers because they would be able to buy as many as they wanted." I asked why they couldn't just add a 1 figure restriction to the online cart and was told they don't have the code in place for that.
Laughable answer...

I called our local Best Buy, even though I am unable to get there and was told they received between 15 and 30 figures. I asked if they will ever stock them online and was told "No sir. That would be unfair to the customers because they would be able to buy as many as they wanted." I asked why they couldn't just add a 1 figure restriction to the online cart and was told they don't have the code in place for that.
Laughable answer...
What, their Geek Squad doesn't know how to code a website?

The guy handing out tickets at my store easily had ~8 left right around opening time.  I got there an hour before open and was 22nd in line.  The store had 40 for sale.  Everything was neat and orderly.   People that walked in during around opening were able to get one.  However, anyone who hoping to score during their lunch break is going to be disappointed.

Great job once again, Best Buy.  You could teach Target a thing or two about professionalism and fairness.

Laughable answer...
its true. they do not having coding capability to limit it to 1 per account. how do you think all these best buy glitches happen?

Bestbuy in Murray utah has atleast 20 figures left or so if anyone's on the hunt. I know I saw an ad on ksl posted and sold already was asking if anyone had a dark pit he was willing to trade paluteña rosalina lucario or marth and sumone traded him already. Also there's already couple ads selling him for 30.. but bestbuys in salt lake still have them!

Oops double post. Well good luck to all of you who can hunt right now. I wish they made these releases on weekends.

Picked up a Dark Pit with no problems at the Henrietta, NY location this morning. Was there around 10:30 AM today, got a ticket from the front (was # 24) and walked to the back to see two employees working the amiibo shift. Was very organized and was in and out quickly. They got in 27 from the looks of the labeled bags (Dark Pits were already pre-bagged).

It was on clearance for $3 (they advertised the sale along with the B1G1 50% 3DS games deal, and hori tpu 3DS case also on sale).
It's not as good as the one I'm replacing it with, but it's suprisingly sturdy and holds 6 games. If you're a zelda fan, and don't have a case, it's worth it for the price imo.
Hmmm $3 case. How much is the hori tpu? Might grab both

FYI, if anyone is still looking for Charizard and Wario or Inking Boy/Girl let me know! I can pickup for around $18-$22 shipped each

Do you guys think I have a chance of getting Dark Pit after work or would he be gone by then? Before I asked ppl to help me get amiibos I can't get due to work but couldn't get anyone this time.
Shouldn't be a problem. I drove by Best Buy earlier and the line of smelly, foul neck beards that make welfare lines look respectable was standing outside, about 20 or so. I saw maybe 2 in that line that looked liked actual productive citizens. You can just tell as soon as someone opens their mouth that they are pretty much a drain on society based on how they speak and the way they form their sentence structure as they mumble amiibo this and amiibo that. Their only real purpose is to fill the wallets of those employed in the video game industry and Frito Lay.

I casually walked into Best Buy an hour ago and asked if I could get one of the remaining 15 that they had left. No need to inconvenience myself by waiting in line for these things when there is absolutely no need to burden myself by having to deal with the foul stench from the momma's basement living neck beards.

You'd think that with all the energy you guys waste finding out if a store really had only five or not you'd calculate how much you make an hour realize you've wasted more than that whining about it and just buy the marked up price. Or import it from Japan it was like 20 bucks including shipping!

Seriously I understand the frustration of not being able to buy something because of low stock but when my store goes through 52 of these guys before the store even opens you have to realize that even with high stock they are going to sell out fast.

So why not pay a little more and get it sooner? I mean the figures are the same outside of the box unless you really just want to collect them which I get I totally understand that and why you'd want an American labled one instead of Japanese. But if you are taking it out of the box you might want to consider importing next time or buying it second-hand because unless you really don't think of yourself in that high of a regard your time is worth something and in the long run you're wasting a lot more than double the price of a amiibo.

You'd think that with all the energy you guys waste finding out if a store really had only five or not you'd calculate how much you make an hour realize you've wasted more than that whining about it and just buy the marked up price. Or import it from Japan it was like 20 bucks including shipping!
Seriously I understand the frustration of not being able to buy something because of low stock but when my store goes through 52 of these guys before the store even opens you have to realize that even with high stock they are going to sell out fast.
So why not pay a little more and get it sooner? I mean the figures are the same outside of the box unless you really just want to collect them which I get I totally understand that and why you'd want an American labled one instead of Japanese. But if you are taking it out of the box you might want to consider importing next time or buying it second-hand because unless you really don't think of yourself in that high of a regard your time is worth something and in the long run you're wasting a lot more than double the price of a amiibo.
I agree with this sentiment. Sadly I collect sealed boxes otherwise I'd import every time. I'd easily pay off the difference by working instead of the time I spent in line

Shouldn't be a problem. I drove by Best Buy earlier and the line of smelly, foul neck beards that make welfare lines look respectable was standing outside, about 20 or so. I saw maybe 2 in that line that looked liked actual productive citizens. You can just tell as soon as someone opens their mouth that they are pretty much a drain on society based on how they speak and the way they form their sentence structure as they mumble amiibo this and amiibo that. Their only real purpose is to fill the wallets of those employed in the video game industry and Frito Lay.

I casually walked into Best Buy an hour ago and asked if I could get one of the remaining 15 that they had left. No need to inconvenience myself by waiting in line for these things when there is absolutely no need to burden myself by having to deal with the foul stench from the momma's basement living neck beards.
At least the ones at your store weren't screaming c*cks*ck*r this and c*nt that like the ones I heard about this morning. Clearly there is some overlap between the amiibo and CoD crowd developing.

Joke's on you, I'm on salary!

Actually I'm retired lol

Last edited:
I hope all of this is true. Would be great to bang all three of those out in one swoop.
I'd much rather they do away with this store exclusivity nonsense altogether. Then we could just buy them from whichever stores we prefer shopping at (Amazon for example).

Amazon has been pretty decent for me. They tell you when they are going to be sold, limit 1-per-person/account, and with Palutena, it was available for purchase for at least 3 hours, which seems like an eternity when compared to the last few (Robin and Lucinia).

I also prefer the single Amiibo packs since I keep them in the packaging. The Splatoon 3-pack doesn't flow with the others. Yeah I'm a bit OCD. ;)

I really wouldn't get your hopes up, always count on getting screwed if you live in CA because of the sheer number of people hunting these. Every single CA store I have been to have sold out in minutes after opening, including rural area stores.

I just got back from a Best Buy in the Sacramento area. Got there exactly 1 hour before opening, was 49th in line. They handed out 48 tickets. Stood around in a desperate attempt/hope that they miscounted or had extras. Nope no more. Stock was reported as 52, the employees probably weaseled some away.

This is the first time I have put the effort in the day of and came away with nothing - I have all first runs of everything else. The Rosalina line was about 30-40 people so this is the longest line yet in my area.

I guess I didn't try hard enough and should have been there 2 hours in advance, will do this from now on :(

I agree with this sentiment. Sadly I collect sealed boxes otherwise I'd import every time. I'd easily pay off the difference by working instead of the time I spent in line
+1

I have a full set of sealed mint condition USA amiibo and I haven't done more than press a button or get out of my car and walk in and out of a store to acquire them all.

I am truly baffled at the struggle others are having (seems regional based) seeing as how the full set has been paid for by selling duplicates. I guess all that's left to do is say thank you Nintendo for the free profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back