Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a little concerned. I have a 10:00 AM morning meeting at work everyday that I can't skip. So I was otherwise occupied when Best Buy opened. But after the meeting, around 10:30, I zipped over to the closest Best Buy, and was able to pick up two Dark Pits. (they had already been put out on the shelf) There were maybe seven or eight of them left on the shelf. Success!

+1

I have a full set of sealed mint condition USA amiibo and I haven't done more than press a button or get out of my car and walk in and out of a store to acquire them all.

I am truly baffled at the struggle others are having (seems regional based) seeing as how the full set has been paid for by selling duplicates. I guess all that's left to do is say thank you Nintendo for the free profit?
The "Struggle" others are having is mostly due to people like you who are buying up multiples for sale. Not sure how you could possibly be baffled when you are part of the problem.

I have most of the Amiibos as well (all opened), though my collection is mostly luck based by happening to walk into stores just as a new shipment has come in. I purchase exactly what I need though (1) so that others in the area have a fair shot at getting them at retail cost.

I'd much rather they do away with this store exclusivity nonsense altogether. Then we could just buy them from whichever stores we prefer shopping at (Amazon for example).

Amazon has been pretty decent for me. They tell you when they are going to be sold, limit 1-per-person/account, and with Palutena, it was available for purchase for at least 3 hours, which seems like an eternity when compared to the last few (Robin and Lucinia).

I also prefer the single Amiibo packs since I keep them in the packaging. The Splatoon 3-pack doesn't flow with the others. Yeah I'm a bit OCD. ;)
Everyone has their thing. I open all of mine so that doesn't matter to me but I could see why it might be a problem for others. I get that importing is "easier" but the idea that potentially three amiibo can be had in one purchase sounds great.

At least the ones at your store weren't screaming c*cks*ck*r this and c*nt that like the ones I heard about this morning. Clearly there is some overlap between the amiibo and CoD crowd developing.
Indeed. CoD players are like all the players who suck at FPS games that actually have a skill curve, so they turn to CoD so that they can feel good about getting a few kills every now and then. Of-course they need to equip themselves with every possible advantage in order to achieve this, such as a scuff controller, gunnar gaming glasses, a monitor with low input lag, fiber optic connection, and astro headphones. After their parents invest about $1000 into all this crap, their kid is finally able to muster up a 0.5 K/D ratio.

I was a little concerned. I have a 10:00 AM morning meeting at work everyday that I can't skip. So I was otherwise occupied when Best Buy opened. But after the meeting, around 10:30, I zipped over to the closest Best Buy, and was able to pick up two Dark Pits. (they had already been put out on the shelf) There were maybe seven or eight of them left on the shelf. Success!
Stories like these make me so sad. I was there a full hour before opening and got nothing.

The "Struggle" others are having is mostly due to people like you who are buying up multiples for sale. Not sure how you could possibly be baffled when you are part of the problem.

I have most of the Amiibos as well (all opened), though my collection is mostly luck based by happening to walk into stores just as a new shipment has come in. I purchase exactly what I need though (1) so that others in the area have a fair shot at getting them at retail cost.
We are not part of the problem at all. We placed pre-orders at multiple locations so that in the event pre-orders were canceled (which they were) we could still complete a full set. It's called being proactive. I don't go purchasing multiples in the stores because I don't have the time to travel to multiple stores and hoard these things. Any dupe I ever got was off a pre-order and you don't receive it until it actually arrives at your home.

Is your expectation that people should sell their dupes at market value simply because the next guy wasn't proactive enough during pre-order release date? Think again.

Just wanted to reiterate that I'm REAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY hoping this GS 3-pack isn't like the Splatoon 3-pack.  Why change how they're doing Smash figures this close to the end? It'll throw off the entire "feng shui" of my boxed amiibo collection -- we just can't have that kind of chaos here! :)

Stories like these make me so sad. I was there a full hour before opening and got nothing.
I am very sorry for your situation, neighbor. :cry: I suspect that location is probably to blame. I live out in AZ, which isn't nearly as crowded this time of year as some of the other major population centers. (no one stays in AZ during the summer voluntarily) The physical stores can't just pull up stakes and leave, but there are noticeably fewer people around here this time of year, and thus less shoppers. Also, the Best Buy near my place of business tends to be pretty good for snagging store exclusives. I was able to get some Meta Knight there with no pressure a month or so ago.

If it's any consolation, I am not sitting on a complete collection. I still haven't managed to get a single Fire Emblem character, and there are several other gaping holes I haven't managed to shore up. It's just the Best Buy exclusives that I seem to have an easy time with.

• The 3-Pack will be a Retro Pack featuring R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Mr. Game & Watch.
  • Each store will have approximately 30 available for preorder.
8-8-15, gamestop will be open 1 hour early for PUR members.  Verify with your local location.

At least gamestop has the common sense to do this on a Saturday, unlike Fail Buy *cough* Best Buy.

I read about that the other day. It really sucks since I also liked Gohan, so much wasted potential. I understand keeping Goku as the main character, but there was no reason to make Gohan such a buffoon after the cell saga
Completely agree. When I read about it I was really pissed off. I get the reasoning behind it, but Goku had been the main character long enough..it would have been fine to pass the torch finally.

Just wanted to reiterate that I'm REAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY hoping this GS 3-pack isn't like the Splatoon 3-pack. Why change how they're doing Smash figures this close to the end? It'll throw off the entire "feng shui" of my boxed amiibo collection -- we just can't have that kind of chaos here! :)
that's why ocd hoarders/collectors will get the 3 pack and inditivuals... well played Nintendo -__-

8-8-15, gamestop will be open 1 hour early for PUR members. Verify with your local location.

At least gamestop has the common sense to do this on a Saturday, unlike Fail Buy *cough* Best Buy.
pretty sure lines will be much longer on weekends.

I disagree.  DBZ isn't just about action and fights, humor is a big part of it as well.  And in that regard, Gohan was usually a pretty bland character.... especially after the Saiyan saga.  That was never the case with Goku.

Then again the series did seem to have less and less of an emphasis on humor as it went on even if I still found plenty to laugh at.  But even so I think watching the Goku/Vegeta dynamic continue to develop was worth it.

But far be it from me to question what Akira wanted, I'm sure he would've come up with something great on his own no matter what.  Who knows, maybe it would've been even better than the Buu saga?  Now that he's introducing the idea of a multiverse into DBZ maybe we'll see a timeline where Goku stayed dead, like a peak into what he originally intended.  Here's hoping  :D

Anyways I voted Goku for SSB... where's his amiibo?

Last edited:
Mt. Laurel Best Buy handled the lines quite well, and the ticket system was a welcome addition.

Super jealous of people who could walk in later in the day and buy one, the 40 or so at this location were gone by open, I believe.

If it's any consolation, I am not sitting on a complete collection. I still haven't managed to get a single Fire Emblem character, and there are several other gaping holes I haven't managed to shore up. It's just the Best Buy exclusives that I seem to have an easy time with.
Yeah I've been pretty lucky elsewhere - since I have first run NA of everything else. Scored a Greninja when they put them up at midnight that one day, and was able to get Meta Knight, Lucario, Little Mac, ... with little trouble. Also, ordered Marth and Wii Fit trainer before those blew up because I was on top of it when amiibo were starting.

Really frustrating that you can't get some without a huge amount of effort for the recent releases - by checking daily and F5ing like a mad man.

Ended up just paying a scalper $30 for NA Dark Pit a few moments ago because I dont want to hunt it down for weeks.

Store #36 independence, mo.

We show up 9AM. My ticket #13 and my side kick #14. We went get something & be back around 10:30AM. I gave my ticket to a friend & he will pick up his dark pit before noon. I walked back instore without ticket and the guy question me. End up get 1 and they have around 20 left. Be back around 12:30 PM still have 15 left and same guy told me 1 per family and before that he told everyone after 12:01 PM you can buy extra pit. Bull crap he gave out ticket to 1 or 2 year old little girl with her mom earlier.

I will keep mine sealed till i get 2nd pit.

Just wanted to reiterate that I'm REAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYY hoping this GS 3-pack isn't like the Splatoon 3-pack. Why change how they're doing Smash figures this close to the end? It'll throw off the entire "feng shui" of my boxed amiibo collection -- we just can't have that kind of chaos here! :)
I'm with ya there man. Need some single figure window box blister cards to match the others.

Still it's a good plan if it's going to get those 3 amiibos in the hands of lots of people that proactively pre-preorder and also plan to open them. The idea seems nifty. :)

Went and picked up my 3DS deal games and checked to see if there were any Dark Pits. There were still 6 on the pegs and this was at 12:30. They'll be gone tonight but I was impressed they were still there. I already had imported him but glad to see they had a good amount of him today.

Damn my Bestbuy had 60, but was selling two to each person and sold out after opening. What poor sales practices, I expect better from you Bestbuy.

Also, ordered Marth and Wii Fit trainer before those blew up because I was on top of it when amiibo were starting.
This is my big problem. I was unemployed when Amiibo first launched, and I already knew what would happen if I started buying them. So I promised myself that I wouldn't touch them or pick up Super Smash Bros. until I found a job. In February of this year, I managed to get a new job, so I didn't get a chance to start collecting until then. By that point, most of the early runs were already rare, and figures like Marth, Little Mac, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer were nowhere to be seen. I've done decently since starting, but there are limits to how far I will go. I didn't skip my morning meeting today because work is more important.

I have 8 gamestops within a 10 mile radius. Only drawback is I'll miss opening day of the Premier League (come on Manchester United)
I will be off on 8/8. Will be at the store around 8AM. I SURE 3 pack will be rare and may pick up 2nd set at different lamestop. 3 more down still 7 more to go. Wonder which store is next for exclusive? Getting tired, burned and worries on last wave.

I will be off on 8/8. Will be at the store around 8AM. I SURE 3 pack will be rare and may pick up 2nd set at different lamestop. 3 more down still 7 more to go. Wonder which store is next for exclusive? Getting tired, burned and worries on last wave.
Could someone refresh my memory - how much does this PUR membership cost? Wondering if it's worth it to jump to the front of the line ( .... anyone think there will be fights due to this PUR advance purchase LOL).

Could someone refresh my memory - how much does this PUR membership cost? Wondering if it's worth it to jump to the front of the line ( .... anyone think there will be fights due to this PUR advance purchase LOL).
$14.99 and it nets you a B2G1 Used coupon so if you use the coupon wisely it pays for itself. Not in the same way as GCU though.

Dark Pit will be online soon.

https://twitter.com/BestBuy/status/627190538249314305
YES!!! Thank you!!! I just came out of work and had no chance of getting a Dark Pit, in-store. I hope, people who already got one today, don't try to boguard the online DPs, too.

I disagree. DBZ isn't just about action and fights, humor is a big part of it as well. And in that regard, Gohan was usually a pretty bland character.... especially after the Saiyan saga. That was never the case with Goku.
Then again the series did seem to have less and less of an emphasis on humor as it went on even if I still found plenty to laugh at. But even so I think watching the Goku/Vegeta dynamic continue to develop was worth it.

But far be it from me to question what Akira wanted, I'm sure he would've come up with something great on his own no matter what. Who knows, maybe it would've been even better than the Buu saga? Now that he's introducing the idea of a multiverse into DBZ maybe we'll see a timeline where Goku stayed dead, like a peak into what he originally intended. Here's hoping :D

Anyways I voted Goku for SSB... where's his amiibo?
I agree humor is a big part of it, and in that respect Gohan wasn't funny. That's part of what I liked about him though, he wasn't a cheap joke like Goku/Krillin were so often in the show (not that I didn't like both characters or that all their jokes were cheap). I just found Gohan was the most interesting because he was so different from the rest of them.
I love Goku, he's awesome but I just tired of him after awhile..that's me though.

I really hope an alternate timeline where Toriyama's original vision comes to life happens. I would be absolutely over the moon for it (my childhood would feel complete lol).

And back on the topic of amiibos: that poll is taking forever. Is October here yet??

No one found Gohan funny???

I thought his awkwardness was hilarious.Plus the whole Saiyaman thing.
In the high school filler episodes he had his moments, but nothing half as amusing as the gun skit in Battle of the Gods.

Now I'm just confused about all this "Ultimate Gohan" nonsense. I always figured Old Kai's..... spell?..... was a temporary power boost, something that would wear off in a day/week/year/whatever, but everyone else insists it was supposed to be permanent and that is why GT sucks.

lol GT sucks for tons of other reasons.

Last edited:
Might try to get another Dark Pit to open, but I'm not going to try too hard.

No one found Gohan funny???

I thought his awkwardness was hilarious.Plus the whole Saiyaman thing.
I physically felt pain during those Saiyaman bits...so much second-hand embarrassment.

I like the Buu Saga, but it became a whole different show once the Cell Saga ended (for all those reasons mentioned before).
It was also so effing weird to see a once completely serious character become an idiot....he grew up and became his dad (except way stupid). You don't just get raised by Piccolo, act like a mix of Piccolo/Goku and become Goku only lol. Damn producers....

Might try to get another Dark Pit to open, but I'm not going to try too hard.

I physically felt pain during those Saiyaman bits...so much second-hand embarrassment.

I like the Buu Saga, but it became a whole different show once the Cell Saga ended (for all those reasons mentioned before).
It was also so effing weird to see a once completely serious character become an idiot....he grew up and became his dad (except way stupid). You don't just get raised by Piccolo, act like a mix of Piccolo/Goku and become Goku only lol. Damn producers....
If you really want to be logical about it, Gohan should be really fucked up. Piccolo kidnapped him, cut off virtually all his contact with the outside world for 6 months, then abused "trained" him to save the world from ridiculously powerful aliens. Not to mention the shit he saw on Namek. How he didn't end up becoming a villain himself is something I'd love to see explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back