Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington, PA Crown Center has 25 left out of 32. Place is dead. Walked in at 10:15am and left in two minutes. Guy behind counter wouldn't give up the ghost on any other waves but I got mah preorder!

As a west coaster I'm super glad to hear this is going smoothly. I was concerned about how they could make stock last without going live at all timezones simultaneously again and crashing the system.

Well I guess good things cant happen without bad things....

Good thing: Employee swapped a pre-order for me to pre-order the 3 Pack.

Bad thing: He swapped the One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 pre-order that had a Steelbook I wanted.....

I'm glad this is going smooth, as this is the first Amiibos I have actually wanted for myself. Glad they seem to have worked out the problems, as I don't know how you guys have dealt with shortages and issues for so long.

I'm glad this is going smooth, as this is the first Amiibos I have actually wanted for myself. Glad they seem to have worked out the problems, as I don't know how you guys have dealt with shortages and issues for so long.
I think its a combination of more stock for the exclusive plus the fact that many people here in NA are opting for imports thus freeing up more stock.

I still believe September 11th will be a disaster here especially if its handled anything like wave 4.

All right, walked into Clayton, NC GameStop (Walmart shopping center at 40/42) to preorder around 9:30 am. No one was there at that point, as the last customer had just walked out of the store. I ended up being 10/32. 

Visited the Garner, NC GameStop around 10 am during my trip to Best Buy in White Oak shopping center. Overheard the GS manager read a store-by-store update on his tablet, claiming 11/48 sold at White Oak, 10/32 at Clayton, 10/? at Shoppes at Garner. He was disappointed they didn't sell out during the early opening.

Sounds like anyone who makes to GameStop by closing should be fine. Have fun today!

I think its a combination of more stock for the exclusive plus the fact that many people here in NA are opting for imports thus freeing up more stock.

I still believe September 11th will be a disaster here especially if its handled anything like wave 4.
The only other figures I want are the Japanese ROB, and both of the retro Mario's, so I should be good from here on out.

I doubt it. Wave 4 was bad due to resellers and they seriously don't care enough anymore. I think the September 11th group will be just as easy to get as Dark Pit, Palutena, and the Retro 3-Pack. Supply is up and demand is down. The times are changing. It's not going to be hard to get these going forward.

~30th in line, 64 preorders available.  I know no one likes store exclusives, but it sure does seem to make it easier to get one.  Well, that and the fact that there are more places limiting preorders to 1 per person.  I really just wish I could have enough confidence in future stock so that I could buy everything at best buy.

just got to the store. no line...pre ordered. Not sure of the total they will have...but I was the 2nd person to order according to the clerk. That surprised me.

No problems for me. Gamestop continues to prove they are halfway good for something that no other b&m retailer seems to handle competently.

Now if only the employees would lose the attitude...

Last edited:
Walking in to Gamestop around 9am like

B8z-cCHCYAEJtc6.jpg

Super smooth walked in and nobody but the employees, preordered and was on my way. Like someone else mentioned make sure to do the feedback, I mean you get entered win something. Will help out the employees and showing gamestop how to do these preorders properly.

Anyone have enough of an OCD to buy multiple Game and Watch to have every pose on display?
I was planning to until the 3-pack came along. If I can get a good deal on single imports, I may do it still, but with the cost of the 3-pack, I can't justify it currently.

I showed up half an hour early, was #8 of 31. The number in the window mysteriously dropped one overnight. By the time they opened, they had about 20 people. Two employees working the registers, super smooth, very impressed for GS. It would be nice if this is a sign of things to come with the next wave.

I doubt it. Wave 4 was bad due to resellers and they seriously don't care enough anymore. I think the September 11th group will be just as easy to get as Dark Pit, Palutena, and the Retro 3-Pack. Supply is up and demand is down. The times are changing. It's not going to be hard to get these going forward.
This is like how it was Early wave 2 era , the preorder were easy and launch day was fairly pleasant.Long term stock however was non existent , i mean as far as we're concerned Paluetna and Dark Pit don't exist to the majority of NA.

I missed out on Dark Pit and i'm waiting for the inevitable Nintendo World restock if i didn't live here then i would have been out of luck.I wouldn't feel secure about the stock here until we have gradual , non "we're done and move on the next!" production runs.

I was planning to until the 3-pack came along. If I can get a good deal on single imports, I may do it still, but with the cost of the 3-pack, I can't justify it currently.
Imagine the massacre that would have ensued if Game & watch were individuals here in NA , the one per costumer rule wouldn't deter the hardcore collector.I feel that this 3 pack was intentional to deter those people. I'm hearing many people are also looking to get 5 G&W's i don't feel he that will last long import wise if that's the case.

B8z-cCHCYAEJtc6.jpg

Super smooth walked in and nobody but the employees, preordered and was on my way. Like someone else mentioned make sure to do the feedback, I mean you get entered win something. Will help out the employees and showing gamestop how to do these preorders properly.
The manager at my local store suggested the same thing about the feedback today. This process was handled smoothly and it's good to see that Gamestop learned after the Ness Incident. It only takes a few minutes to fill out.

This is like how it was Early wave 2 era , the preorder were easy and launch day was fairly pleasant.Long term stock however was non existent , i mean as far as we're concerned Paluetna and Dark Pit don't exist to the majority of NA.

I missed out on Dark Pit and im waiting for the inevitable Nintendo World restock if i didn't live here then i would have been out of luck.I wouldn't feel secure about the stock here until we have gradual , non "we're done and move on the next!" production runs.
I'm pretty sure once the Smash line is finished Nintendo will reprint them heavily enough to where you'll be able to get any figure you want at MSRP by Christmas 2016.

Got here 15 min or so ago in the rain. 8th in line. Got my ticket to secure my pre-order. Thing is this isn't even for me. It's for a fellow CAG who is out of the country dealing with family.
Nice!
Sign says they have 48 available reservations. I'm 11th or 12th in line and I got here 45 minutes before open. Think this guy sleeping here was a little overkill.
Hahah

I'm pretty sure once the Smash line is finished Nintendo will reprint them heavily enough to where you'll be able to get any figure you want at MSRP by Christmas 2016.
That's wishful thinking. Nintendo's track record isn't indicating that they will do anything of the sort.Do you believe that the will the increase in stock will occur because the hype will die down or Nintendo will meet demand?That wouldn't fit their agenda of artificial scarcity i mean that's the only feasible reason as to why these exclusive contracts even exist in the 1st place, i thinks its self evident now that they would rather understock than have excess merchandise in the stores.

I mean take a look at this so you can see where im coming from.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R4.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xgamecube+compo.TRS0&_nkw=gamecube+component+cable&_sacat=0

B/O's at $200 plus getting bought out?For cables? Nintendo loves that feeling of having sold out stock.I don't think that we will see readily available amiibo for every smash character given that it would decrease hype , no one would rush to preorder if i just can dilly dally in your local Brick and Mortar store and get my character.

Anyone at the Great Mall Gamestop? I'm working today but I can leave this morning to get a 3 pack, I just want to make sure it's possible to get one. 

Walked in my local GameStop (Henrietta, NY) at 11am and was #14 out 45 available. They said they only had about 10 line up at 9am. Nice and easy, and I was able to sleep in!

Went to a GS at 9:20, was able to walk in and saw a huge line. I was thinking the worst but seems like it was just b/c they opened a bit late due to register issues. I was able pre-order one without issue. 

Release date is a Friday too so I should be good to pick it up!:D 

I'm getting ready to hit up Walmart to buy some bread, and then on my way home I'll stop in GS. Hopefully if they have a line, it will be gone by then. I've got an appt at 10, and can't be hanging around.

My local GS about to open up and theres about 8 people in line with the sign saying they have 80 available. Feel sorry for the employees cause they bought at least 2 dozen boxes of doughnuts expecting a huge line.

B8z-cCHCYAEJtc6.jpg

Where's the gold chain yo

gallery_320091_8565_495146.jpg

The gamestop I went to said they had 105 available preorders. I was there at opening and only one other person was there. Preordered one for myself and convinced a family member to preorder another

Wasn't even planning to bother today, figuring it would be chaos. But I had to head out to Target anyway and after reading positive reports on here, figured that I'd stop at the GS across the way. Got to GS at about 10 and was able to preorder without any problem. There was no one else in the store other than the employees. Didn't bother asking how many people had come in for it, but the sign on the door said they had 48 available.

Omg this was so much smoother, San Diego people, Carmel mountain ranch store had 79 and I was just last in line and got #25 so plenty left

Yeah, I drove by mine about 9:02 and the line was just going in. Maybe 15-20 people tops, so I went in Walmart and grabbed some bread, and went back to GS at about 9:10. Maybe 8 left in line, and they had 64 on the qty sheet, so I waited maybe 5 minutes, in & out. Super Easy!

I have a hard time believing a bunch of random customers would call a Best Buy manager a *bleep* just because there were more people in line than what the store had on hand to sell. Since you haven't listed which store was part of the story, it's not possible to specifically verify this. However, every store I've been to locally has used a ticket system before store opening to ensure people were not waiting in line for no reason. If anything, generally speaking Dark Pit is easier to acquire than Meta Knight was on launch day.
South St. Louis County sure didn't. At least this time a manager walked the line to customer service to buy them. On May 29, it was a mad dash to the Amiibo section (I was first in line then.)

On the Kinda Funny Facebook forum I saw two pics of resellers selling to the people in line.

One at a northern IL GS today was selling them out of the trunk of his car ($10 for commons, $24 and up on rares.) At another state for Dark Pit last Friday, someone walked the line holding a box that had a sign for all of his prices.

I really don't want to be negative nancy, but do you guys think there will be any hassle with Gamestop not being able to fulfill pre-orders the first day? Not like it's never happened before....

I grabbed some McDonald's then went there at 7:45 and was sixth in line.  When they opened at 9:00 there was only eight people total.  It was in and out.  This was so much better than the last pre-order they did.

They had 32 available at that GameStop.

I really don't want to be negative nancy, but do you guys think there will be any hassle with Gamestop not being able to fulfill pre-orders the first day? Not like it's never happened before....
For this, no. They have this organized very well from what I have seen.

I'm getting ready to hit up Walmart to buy some bread, and then on my way home I'll stop in GS. Hopefully if they have a line, it will be gone by then. I've got an appt at 10, and can't be hanging around.
Dude, I just did the same thing this morning, except in the reverse order XD I went to GameStop at 9 AM to pre-order the 3-pack set, no problem, and then I went next door to Wal-Mart to take advantage of Tax-Free Weekend B-) #CheapAssLife

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back