Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Amiibo Festival Bundle is available on Walmart to pre-order if you still need it:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/45736668

(I think this was up on walmart before...not sure)
Up on it before, the last month or two, just now confirmed to be the full bundle (2 amiibo and 3 amiibo cards)

Wish BBY would bring the bundle back so I can use GCU instead of having it pre-order through Walmart. 11/13 is release date it seems based off when the AC amiibo release.

Up on it before, the last month or two, just now confirmed to be the full bundle (2 amiibo and 3 amiibo cards)

Wish BBY would bring the bundle back so I can use GCU instead of having it pre-order through Walmart. 11/13 is release date it seems based off when the AC amiibo release.
How is it confirmed to be the bundle?

Gaaah! Bad move on the giant woolly yoshi. Well, bad move for me anyway. I wish all my amiibo were closer to scale for display purposes, and that monstrosity certainly isn't helping. Although it could be popular with kids/parents/Christmas/whatever.

Initially, I was sad about KK Slider. He was the only AC amiibo I had been certain I would pick up. Tom Nook was a maybe at best. And though that 3 pack was designed well, I'm out entirely. Now there's absolutely no way I can slip down the rabbit hole that is a complete AC amiibo collection. No AC amiibo products for me thanks. Big thank you to Nintendo for saving me from myself. :p

I'm so over these 3-packs.  They ruin the aesthetic of the collection.  Also, I can't imagine all of the open box collectors are happy with them either. Seeing as they are forced to buy 3 amiibos even if they just wanted one in particular.

I don't get why everyone is upset. Why not just get the singles? Import or otherwise, doesn't seem a problem.
I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm "upset", but the 3 pack is kinda frustrating for those trying to complete a MIB NA collection. You have 50 pristine single packaged amiibo and then this...3 pack. It just isn't going to mesh as well. Like I said, I'm not going to go into a fit of rage over it or anything, but the individually packaged ones would have been better for me.

I don't get why everyone is upset. Why not just get the singles? Import or otherwise, doesn't seem a problem.
I'm not upset but it's very valid reasons why people are Nintendo is one changing the box format, which is fine when it makes sense, splatoon (3 amiibo tied to a single game perfect), mii fighters (basically the same thing anyway perfect) but to literally put 3 random looking amiibo together only because there retro is an insult (plus if you gonna do stuff like that why not add pac man). Yes you can import them and get the singles, you can attempt to sell the singles as well, but the question is should you have to? I say hell no North America is literally making this market profitable and instead of recognizing that they just decided to once again offer oversees not only singles but non exclusivity too. Plus now Nintendo has angered parents by saying ohh your son likes this dog duck thing well hope you have 34.99, and some friends that didn't buy this pack already (because stock was on point, good for Nintendo), and don't desire your dog duck for you can sell the rest to them and recoup the money you were trying to save. (Since I'm pretty sure Tenso,. DE. Fr. It. Jp are actually foreign language to the typical consumer)... Once again I'm not mad at all, I'm bored because importing had me way ahead but when Nintendo bites the hand that's feeding it right now I get upset

As I've said, I plan to just open mine & toss the packaging once I have enough of a collection to warrant a display case of some sort. So if I get non-NA versions of singles/non-exclusives, are there any markings or wording on the Amiibo's themselves that reflect not being from NA? On the bottom of the base or otherwise? Or are they 100% identical (with exception given to things like the ROB varient). No JPN names on the bottoms or anything? LoL. I've never actually seen the bottom of one so I wouldn't know myself if there is any lettering, Amiibo name, etc.

As I've said, I plan to just open mine & toss the packaging once I have enough of a collection to warrant a display case of some sort. So if I get non-NA versions of singles/non-exclusives, are there any markings or wording on the Amiibo's themselves that reflect not being from NA? On the bottom of the base or otherwise? Or are they 100% identical (with exception given to things like the ROB varient). No JPN names on the bottoms or anything? LoL. I've never actually seen the bottom of one so I wouldn't know myself if there is any lettering, Amiibo name, etc.
Once opened they are indistinguishable.

Thank God! :)

Once opened they are indistinguishable.

Thank God! :)
Actually, no. There is a minute difference, but no one would really notice: if you look underneath, there is a number with a letter in front of it (I don't have an open amiibo handy at the moment so I can't give an example). Japan imports have a j in front of the numbers, NA has an N I believe, and so on and so on.

That is the only way you'd be able to distinguish them. Otherwise they're all the same.

For anyone wondering, Target's Wave 5B stock numbers are posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3h3nkw/target_wave_5b_numbers_in_store_online/

Reddit stock numbers have been fairly accurate in the past. This post includes a comparison to Target's Wave 4 stock. They only got 5,600 each of Robin and Lucina - the lowest available figure this Wave is Ganondorf at 16,750. For reference, Target got 18,000 Pac-Man amiibos for Wave 4 and most stores still have him available. These numbers really should be comforting for everyone and not just people who can show up early in the morning. Figures should be readily available throughout the day and following weekend.
I've only ever seen a wave 4 figure on a shelf once since they launched, so I'm not holding any faith for this area for 5b launch. Just hope for good stock numbers across all retailers.

Yeah, in the US they were only given away at events, and never produced them all in packs. They gave a few box sets away as tournament prizes and they were only going for about $300 for all 400+ cards, now that same set I saw a few days ago sold for like $1500 lol. They never sold them or offered them as CN rewards. I believe they did sell them in Europe and Japan tho, but the European versions were different sized cards when compared to the US versions.
Whoa 400? Why'd I think there were only like 50 cards total?

I think I have 4-5 packs sitting around from all the cons I've been to. I should see if they're worth anything / a damn.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm "upset", but the 3 pack is kinda frustrating for those trying to complete a MIB NA collection. You have 50 pristine single packaged amiibo and then this...3 pack. It just isn't going to mesh as well. Like I said, I'm not going to go into a fit of rage over it or anything, but the individually packaged ones would have been better for me.
Since these are toys and the intended use is to OPEN them up, I don't think Nintendo cares. MUST KEEP SEALED people are the ones who return them with bent corners etc. so I'm really glad they decided to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn48oPMpDU0

Prepare yourselves for the amiibo.

tumblr_mjrph7ul8G1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

Also, I think it's hilarious that cosplay Pikachu made it into the roster. XD

Actually, no. There is a minute difference, but no one would really notice: if you look underneath, there is a number with a letter in front of it (I don't have an open amiibo handy at the moment so I can't give an example). Japan imports have a j in front of the numbers, NA has an N I believe, and so on and so on.

That is the only way you'd be able to distinguish them. Otherwise they're all the same.
Uh, nope. I have a Japanese figure and there is no J on it at all. I also have some EU figures and none of them have anything in common. I dont even see anything in common with the US ones either.

Uh, nope. I have a Japanese figure and there is no J on it at all. I also have some EU figures and none of them have anything in common. I dont even see anything in common with the US ones either.
You're right, that was bad information I got from a few threads around the web. My bad.

Honestly, I wouldnt even be mad if we got Blaziken and Gardevoir Amiibos. Those are 2 of my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon.
IKR

It's like the best thing ever! I can't wait to see what the figures will look like. The Pokemon characters here are designed in a more detailed style as opposed to the Smash style. I'd like to see the fur textures and sculpted muscles carry over if only a little (especially on Suicune and Lucario).

IKR

It's like the best thing ever! I can't wait to see what the figures will look like. The Pokemon characters here are designed in a more detailed style as opposed to the Smash style. I'd like to see the fur textures and sculpted muscles carry over if only a little (especially on Suicune and Lucario).
That would be pretty cool. But, I'm more of a PU and NU (no offense to those OP mons) tier kind of guy so, I'll be conformed with a Ledian and Luxray (bold defensive A.K.A.Chunxray) amiibo. If not, I'd be happy with just a Machamp (modest specs) amiibo for sure! They better include all the Hitmon brothers to the game, I'll be pissed if they don't, lol.

Hmmm. I saw preorder pages for Ganondorf, Olimar, and Classic 8-bit Mario on Targets page but you can't add any of them to your cart. Preorders already sold out?

Hmmm. I saw preorder pages for Ganondorf, Olimar, and Classic 8-bit Mario on Targets page but you can't add any of them to your cart. Preorders already sold out?
Yeah, I think they sold out. So far I've not been able to preorder any online. My only luck has been the pre orders in store at gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back