Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Before big box stores, many things were sold above msrp.
Perhaps. I still question how TRU even exists in today's world though. Ridiculous mark-ups, barely any locations, and a laughably inept website all seem like the kind of thing that would piss people off, and in a world with Amazon and even Wal-Mart it seems like they'd have been run OoB long ago.

Perhaps. I still question how TRU even exists in today's world though. Ridiculous mark-ups, barely any locations, and a laughably inept website all seem like the kind of thing that would piss people off, and in a world with Amazon and even Wal-Mart it seems like they'd have been run OoB long ago.
They were actually in quite a bit of trouble for awhile. If I recall correctly they re-aligned some of their business strategy from the top-down and managed to survive. I'm pretty sure Babies' R Us is what saved their asses, because at least for awhile there, it was far more profitable than TRU.

Nowadays, TRU is really the only full-on toy store in most cities. Alot of people have feelings of nostalgia and want to shop in a toy store with their kids similar to the way it was back in the 70's or 80's. They are either too naive to think about using Amazon or someone else, or they figure the higher cost is worth the privilege of having a toy store right there in town for them.

They were actually in quite a bit of trouble for awhile. If I recall correctly they re-aligned some of their business strategy from the top-down and managed to survive. I'm pretty sure Babies' R Us is what saved their asses, because at least for awhile there, it was far more profitable than TRU.

Nowadays, TRU is really the only full-on toy store in most cities. Alot of people have feelings of nostalgia and want to shop in a toy store with their kids similar to the way it was back in the 70's or 80's. They are either too naive to think about using Amazon or someone else, or they figure the higher cost is worth the privilege of having a toy store right there in town for them.
Actually, if you watch the ads and shop smart, Toys R Us has a lot of good deals on toys that seldom go on sale elsewhere like Legos, Playmobil, etc...Their rewards program has gotten a little better over the years, but it's not great. I know my kids enjoy being able to select what they want off a shelf and having it immediately. I use Amazon and other retailers for gifts for birthdays and Christmas, but there is something neat about letting a child pick something they really want from a lot of choices in an actual toy store.

I went into Gamestop looking for a Little Mac because I heard that he was being restocked in certain places. No Little Mac, but I found one lone rogue NESS just hanging on the peg. The guy at the counter said that he had just gotten it in as a return. Works for me!

Any one else order the mega yarn yoshi at amazon.de? i've ordered from amazon.it before but never .de are they pretty good as well?

importing is better for me as my nearest TRU is 1.5 hours from me, so driving 3hrs + waiting in line. I'd rather just pay $55 shipped from another country.

I guess that kinda makes sense if you don't have a mom & pop toy store near you. It would certainly explain why they don't seem to give a damn about their online presence.

Any one else order the mega yarn yoshi at amazon.de? i've ordered from amazon.it before but never .de are they pretty good as well?

importing is better for me as my nearest TRU is 1.5 hours from me, so driving 3hrs + waiting in line. I'd rather just pay $55 shipped from another country.
Yikes, $55?

I've never ordered amiibo from them. But I've ordered other stuff. It seems to take them a long time to ship but otherwise they are fine.

Last edited:
This is off-topic, but I received two demo codes in my e-mail for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. This thread has helped me and many others quite a bit so I figured I would give back. I'll give the codes to the first two people to PM me.

Thanks again to those who provide useful information in here.

EDIT: Codes are all gone.

I've ordered from three EU Amazon sites (.it, .de, .fr) and they've shipped everything out on time and though the boxes have come quite beat up, the actual contents were all in pretty good shape. I open all my amiibo so a few slightly bent boxes don't bother me. Shipping can take a week or two though and the tracking is pretty much useless as it doesn't update much even while still in Europe.

I guess that kinda makes sense if you don't have a mom & pop toy store near you. It would certainly explain why they don't seem to give a damn about their online presence.

Yikes, $55?

I've never ordered amiibo from them. But I've ordered other stuff. It seems to take them a long time to ship but otherwise they are fine.
well he is $40 msrp (plus TRU usually charges $1 more for amiibo), I drive a jeep wrangler so to the nearest TRU and back home for me is prob 120-130 miles, plus getting to TRU early to wait in line. so your talking almost $44 + gas + time, $55 to import seems reasonable to me.

I put down a tentative pre-order for Mega Yoshi at Amazon DE. I am in no way camping at TRU or stressing over it. Extremely limited quantities... no thanks. Rather pay the extra 10 bucks.

I think they will either do a full Pokemon lineup in card form, or do a mixture of cards and figures (maybe the 10-12 most popular characters get figures with the rest as cards). Either way I'm pretty sure this will be a reality within a year.
I didn't think they'd actually do the entire Smash Bros. roster, but lo and behold. I know it's just insane for them to produce figures for all 721 Pokemon, but I really wish they would, because I know some of you just can't help yourself. At $13 a pop, that's $9,373 tax-free alone. With 6% sales tax, that brings it up to $9935.38. So, nearly ten grand for Amiibos. And I wanna see how many of you maniacs actually collect them all.

There are almost as many Pokemon as there are NES games. Shit.

I didn't think they'd actually do the entire Smash Bros. roster, but lo and behold. I know it's just insane for them to produce figures for all 721 Pokemon, but I really wish they would, because I know some of you just can't help yourself. At $13 a pop, that's $9,373 tax-free alone. With 6% sales tax, that brings it up to $9935.38. So, nearly ten grand for Amiibos. And I wanna see how many of you maniacs actually collect them all.

Forgot to multiply by 2 for us OOB / NIB collectors!

Crap is mega yoshi going to be that limited? About how many is each store getting?

If I can't just walk in at opening or arrive a few minutes before I'm not bothering. I'll just hope another retailer eventually gets it. I've got 2 little kids I'd have to bring with so camping is out.

I doubt that counts mega evolutions and alternate forms (like that electric ghost that turned into appliances, Deoxys, and Castform). To say nothing of stuff like the little differences between genders and unown and stuff.

I don't even want to meet the person obsessed enough to collect the first 150, let alone the whole run.

Last edited:
Crap is mega yoshi going to be that limited? About how many is each store getting?

If I can't just walk in at opening or arrive a few minutes before I'm not bothering. I'll just hope another retailer eventually gets it. I've got 2 little kids I'd have to bring with so camping is out.
I feel like at this point, Nintendo's got the Amiibo strategy figured out. They're gonna do short runs for the initial run, let people panic, issue some BS "we're sorry, we'll fix it... probably... in the future at some point", let demand go up as more and more people give up and buy on eBay, and then issue a massive reprint.

So what's everyone's plan for the blue and pink yarn Yoshi?  I want to buy mine from BB for GCU, but I don't know if I can justify showing up late for work on Friday so I can be there when the store opens.  Anyone know how available these adorable little things will be?  I'm planning on trying to pick mine up at lunch.

So what's everyone's plan for the blue and pink yarn Yoshi? I want to buy mine from BB for GCU, but I don't know if I can justify showing up late for work on Friday so I can be there when the store opens. Anyone know how available these adorable little things will be? I'm planning on trying to pick mine up at lunch.
well mine already shipped from target, I had already got them from japan then my niece saw them and wanted them.

So what's everyone's plan for the blue and pink yarn Yoshi? I want to buy mine from BB for GCU, but I don't know if I can justify showing up late for work on Friday so I can be there when the store opens. Anyone know how available these adorable little things will be? I'm planning on trying to pick mine up at lunch.
Sabotage. I figure I'll pay somebody to block the door and keep anybody from getting in until I can get down there.

I suppose I could pay the guy to buy them for me but this way I don't have to worry about betraying me for the allure of throwing them on ebay.

Actually, if you watch the ads and shop smart, Toys R Us has a lot of good deals on toys that seldom go on sale elsewhere like Legos, Playmobil, etc...Their rewards program has gotten a little better over the years, but it's not great. I know my kids enjoy being able to select what they want off a shelf and having it immediately. I use Amazon and other retailers for gifts for birthdays and Christmas, but there is something neat about letting a child pick something they really want from a lot of choices in an actual toy store.
Their business plan is to mark things up, then offer frequent sales. Skylanders are a good $1-2 more expensive as are accessories, but they run sales all the time like Buy 1 Get 1 40% off which lowers the prices if you get two at once. People like to feel like they are saving money, even if they aren't really - that's how all these outlet malls stay in business. They also get the benefit of having customers pick up other things "while they are there" or something their kid really likes for full price.

I'm going to line up for the yarn yoshi, just because I don't know the amiibo game on LI. Never been here for a release.
Hoping it's not too bad, and I won't be showing up too early.

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off = Buy two overpriced items for 20% off each

It's not usually a very good deal.  TRU does a good job creating the illusion of deals.

Local tru had falcon shulk Fox and lucario, only needed lucario, also said they had 48 villager but can't sell till 8th
Why do stores keep doing that? Can they really not keep them in the back? Or are they intentionally trying to bait people into shoplifting?

I got an order in at Walmart. But, of course I don't have faith in them to deliver so I'll go at opening to get the bundle I ordered at Best Buy and hope I can get those as well, then cancel/return the Walmart ones if that works out. If not hope Walmart comes through and return what I can get at Best Buy. A pain, but it is what it is.

Ok...I know this is not the right place to post this...but someone else did it first...do blame them! Lol
Here are my Zelda codes I just got emailed to me...I have no use for them

B0HH3MTH02MH4SQ5

B0HWM47L0XQR0R0W
B0HG5BVD27T10HQF

Id rather deal with the sticker then BB shipping Falco in a padded envelope. I ordered Link and Zelda from BB. Both were on the same order but shipped separately. Both were in padded envelopes rather than boxes and got really smashed.
Sorry to hear about your smashed bros.

Hoping my Walmart orders for them come through -- haven't seen a shipping notice yet though. Got them at the $12.96 price or whatever when they first launched --- hmm... maybe I should go check on those orders now actually!

Toys R'Us in Doral FL had 1 Boswer jr and 1 Zero Suit Samus. Got lucky on the ZZS since someone else behind me wanted it also. But I was first.

How many square feet would it even take to house 721 NIBs, let alone display them? You guys would have to start dedicating entire rooms to your Amiibos, maybe even renting out small houses just to display them all.
Rough guess would be 120-122 feet of shelf space. 721 figures, rounding up width to about 2 inches for an average, divided by 12.

Stopped by Best Buy Glendora, ca saw three classic Mario amiibos got one :)
Burbank Best Buy had about five Classic Mario in stock as of about an hour ago. Sherman Oaks got a massive restock and had tons of Dark Pit, Marth, Shulk, Little Mac and quite a few of the current wave in stock as of about an hour and a half ago.

NX coming next year! We will see super smash bros complete or ultra edition icludes all the dlc or extra 5 plus characters! Pokemon tag coming out spring 2016 for wii u and pokemon tag super edition nx inclues all the dlc, pokemon tag 2 be out 2017, super smash bros 2 2018, pokemon tag 3 be out 2019, super smash bros 3 2020, pokemon tag 4 be out 2021....nx dead ;)

Nope. Now I'm more confused.

There's several I have no inclination to pick up. Conkeldurr and it's accursed line, Swalot, Mr. Mime, Jinx, Hypno, Dunsparce, etc. But if they do make the entire line into figures, that gives me a chance to collect all the Mons I do want. And OMG SHINIES! >=D Although if quantities stay in line with the odds, collecting shiny amiibo would most certainly be a nightmare. XD

I know not all CAGs here paid MSRP or more for every single one of our smash figures, right? Nearly all of my wave 1-3 commons (plus some lucky uncommon encounters) were purchased on sale for $10ish after tax (Price reduction on some figures, Target 25% off, Best Buy 2 for $10). And GCU was a decent relief for Waves 4 and 5, minus exclusives. Yeah, I still put down an unhealthy load of cash, but CAG certainly helped ease the sting a bit.

Now the reprints have taught me increased patience. I'll be waiting for a good sale to pick up Falco and Dr. Mario....but you can bet I'm keeping an eye on stock for Dr. M lol.

Well, went to the Best Buy that received their restock over a week ago and they either had another restock or no one is buying the restocked Amiibos because they had tons of the Amiibos named in this thread that were restocked 2 weeks ago.

Well, went to the Best Buy that received their restock over a week ago and they either had another restock or no one is buying the restocked Amiibos because they had tons of the Amiibos named in this thread that were restocked 2 weeks ago.
No one is buying them because they were restocked :p Seriosuly though. Now that several best buys and toysrus stores have gotten large numbers of certain amiibo, there is no immediate reason to buy a ton for scalping or trading or whatever. I'm sure they will sell out but since the feeling of rarity is gone for the restocks there's no real reason to run out and buy them.

The second one. All of the ones they restocked are now common and in large numbers at two of the major retailers, and easy to find, which has the side effect of killing the secondary market which results in even more stock being available. Snowball effect.

The second one. All of the ones they restocked are now common and in large numbers at two of the major retailers, and easy to find, which has the side effect of killing the secondary market which results in even more stock being available. Snowball effect.
It has also produced the side effect of making Kirby suddenly more rare than Marth and the others. Now people are going to start paying 30 for a Kirby or Diddy.

No one is buying them because they were restocked :p Seriosuly though. Now that several best buys and toysrus stores have gotten large numbers of certain amiibo, there is no immediate reason to buy a ton for scalping or trading or whatever. I'm sure they will sell out but since the feeling of rarity is gone for the restocks there's no real reason to run out and buy them.
I said it before... I can't believe that Best Buy (or TRU) isn't even putting on a pretense that these are semi-rare anymore. They'd get more scalpers to try and buy up the entire stock that way... lol

A little off topic, but I was wondering if any TRUers had release info for the Nintendo Hot Wheels that were announced for this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back