amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, my local GS and the next closest 2 locations have a wall full of PDP fight pads, in addition to a floor display.

When on earth are we gonna see a sale? I got Yoshi and Samus for $14.99. Dozens of Zero Suit Samus fight pads are still just sitting there, since September actually. I want one, but I'm not paying $24.99 to get it. 

k9jea9.jpg
b4izja.jpg

The Opelousas, La Super Walmart marked down some of their amiibo. I picked up Olimar for $3. A couple of weeks ago I picked up Mabel and the Modern Color Amiibo for $1.82 each. They were taking 75% off  the marked down price. Today they had more mark downs but were not taking an extra 75% off.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

uhh, ill pay you to grab me an olimar, seriously, i have been hunting for him so bad and havent found him anywhere.

if there are any others marked down, ill work something out with you, holy shit.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

uhh, ill pay you to grab me an olimar, seriously, i have been hunting for him so bad and havent found him anywhere.

if there are any others marked down, ill work something out with you, holy shit.
I bought the only Olimar that I saw. I'll check again and see if I can find another Olimar when I go back. I can not find my Mable receipt but I did find the receipt for Mario . My store is remodeling. I don't know if that has anything to do with the clearance prices.

112h0cp.jpg
10eixi0.jpg
262y8ex.jpg

please let me know! and maybe see about some closer photos of the other amiibo that are there too, i just started collecting, so theres plenty of room to pick up a good collection.

thanks!

I just looked at my Roy preorder with Gamestop.  Order shows "Closed" and total at $0.  Not sure why they'd close/cancel this on me.

Fired off an email.

I just looked at my Roy preorder with Gamestop. Order shows "Closed" and total at $0. Not sure why they'd close/cancel this on me.

Fired off an email.
That's supposed to come out this Friday, right? Man, I completely forgot about that one.

Hmm, not sure if I'll skip Roy or not. Think I'll go visit GameStop that morning to see him in person. If there's none there, meh.

So, I imported my Pikachu cover plates awhile back but -- for some reason I can't remember -- failed to grab the Majora's Mask cover plates at the same time. While the MM plates still appear to be available at Nintendo's online store, as always the $5 shipping charge is ridiculous for just one item. Ebay prices are slightly worse, and foreign sites aren't any better or don't deliver (or delivery is prohibitively expensive lol).

Is there another way around the shipping charge--like a promo code or something? Or will I just have to place a large order to justify the shipping charge? I wish there was more stuff up there that I didn't already have haha.

As an aside, have there been any rumors whatsoever of cover plates being sold in U.S. B&M stores? Are they even sold at NYC's Nintendo World yet?

So, I imported my Pikachu cover plates awhile back but -- for some reason I can't remember -- failed to grab the Majora's Mask cover plates at the same time. While the MM plates still appear to be available at Nintendo's online store, as always the $5 shipping charge is ridiculous for just one item. Ebay prices are slightly worse, and foreign sites aren't any better or don't deliver (or delivery is prohibitively expensive lol).

Is there another way around the shipping charge--like a promo code or something? Or will I just have to place a large order to justify the shipping charge? I wish there was more stuff up there that I didn't already have haha.

As an aside, have there been any rumors whatsoever of cover plates being sold in U.S. B&M stores? Are they even sold at NYC's Nintendo World yet?
They do sell them at Nintendo NY. Check the 3:30 minute mark in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnjAD3AV8Zs

Hahaha freaking Boo Plates there on the wall! Maybe if those MM plates are there now, they might be there around December. Yeah, probably not. I want that Samus shirt and Ninetails plush now.

Hahaha freaking Boo Plates there on the wall! Maybe if those MM plates are there now, they might be there around December. Yeah, probably not. I want that Samus shirt and Ninetails plush now.
Still hoping Nintendo restocks the Boo plates. I'm so salty the one day I didn't check they put that and the Ambassador plates up....

As far as Amiibo's go, I totally forgot the new wave came out this week. I have Roy and apparently pre-ordered Ryu at Best Buy months back. Not sure if I'm gonna buy the AC ones at launch though

FYI Best Buy has their exclusive Amiibo case that holds 12 Amiibo on clearance for $12 plus tax and shipping right now. As far as I know, this is the largest case at retail to hold loose Amiibo.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-organizer-case-for-nintendo-amiibo-figures/8700182.p?id=1219362857457&skuId=8700182

I bought one when it was full price last fall, but I bought another one now on clearance as after Roy and Ryu arrive I'll have 20 total Amiibo; with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta left in the Smash line as my final ones I'm interested in.

My local GS had a collector trade in on a Saturday a couple of weeks back, and I picked up the scraps of what was left that I wanted/sort of wanted with the B2G3F. I bought Silver Mario and Rosalina, and got Captain Falcon, Link, and Zelda for free. Missed out on Toon Link. Already had Ness, Ike, and Little Mac, and didn't have any interest in Meta Knight or any of the Pokemon ones, so left those for others. By Monday they were down to Shiek and the Kong's left.

Nintendo should turn the table around and make amiibo's hard to find again. 1st day release every single stores have 10-20 units plus pre-order then OOP. 3-8 months later release 2nd print edition with different poses then OOP again. Done deal ;) lol
Say that to any late comers looking for Rosalina, Paulitena, Ness, Meta Knight, Lucina, or Robin.

i found these on etsy, i really want to get them to put all mine on the wall.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/246296684/10-x-sky-mounts-20-diameter-compatible

i also found these if you want a more custom look to them:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/269066349/amiibo-floating-block-display-shelves

i dont think theyre too badly priced either, i just find them to look pretty awesome on a wall.
Anyone on Etsy make one for displaying sealed Amiibo? Asking for 2 friends.

FYI Best Buy has their exclusive Amiibo case that holds 12 Amiibo on clearance for $12 plus tax and shipping right now. As far as I know, this is the largest case at retail to hold loose Amiibo.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-organizer-case-for-nintendo-amiibo-figures/8700182.p?id=1219362857457&skuId=8700182

I bought one when it was full price last fall, but I bought another one now on clearance as after Roy and Ryu arrive I'll have 20
total Amiibo; with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta left in the Smash line as my final ones I'm interested in.
My local GS had a collector trade in on a Saturday a couple of weeks back, and I picked up the scraps of what was left that I wanted/sort of wanted with the B2G3F. I bought Silver Mario and Rosalina, and got Captain Falcon, Link, and Zelda for free. Missed out on Toon Link. Already had Ness, Ike, and Little Mac, and didn't have any interest in Meta Knight or any of the Pokemon ones, so left those for others. By Monday they were down to Shiek and the Kong's left.
BB sells a larger insignia case and it is also on sale. I have 3 of them and will add a 4th at this price.

i found these on etsy, i really want to get them to put all mine on the wall.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/246296684/10-x-sky-mounts-20-diameter-compatible

i also found these if you want a more custom look to them:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/269066349/amiibo-floating-block-display-shelves

i dont think theyre too badly priced either, i just find them to look pretty awesome on a wall.
I like those but my room is a dust collector. Every week I have to wipe dust off. Im not sure why there are so much dust in my room.

This is it. Go to BestBuy.com and type in amiibo case.[attachment=21049:image.png]

9 compartments that hold 3 figures. I have all of the amiibo except for Mega Yoshi and the AC Lottie (I think, never planned on getting AC b/ I was sucked in.). Bought another and hopefully remaining amiibo will fit in current three and this case. No official case for Star Wars so bought another Marvel for SW and new Marvel figures. Both cases hold plenty and are visually appealing.

Those amiibo wall displays seem like a nice idea in theory, but they look horribly tacky IMO. I'll probably end up going with one of those IKEA displays eventually.

I'm still unable to cancel my online order for Roy, though I was able to change the CC information and gave false expiry information. I sent an email two days ago and still no response, and I really don't feel like waiting on the phone for an hour... Their Customer Service is so awful.

Anyone know what the deal is with Amazon and the Timmy/Tommy listing? I placed my order forever ago, but they're pulling the "unknown release date" thing again. Starting to think I should just go with Target.

Anyone know what the deal is with Amazon and the Timmy/Tommy listing? I placed my order forever ago, but they're pulling the "unknown release date" thing again. Starting to think I should just go with Target.
Odd, mine says its preparing and arriving on Friday.

I'm sure you'll be fine, none of the AC series has been scarce or taken down for preorder.

Wow I thought I had a lot of amiibo but after reading here I noticed I am pretty average. Never wanted to collect but oh well...

Yeah, i wonder what peoples tallies are and how much theyve spent
I've got two of everything (pure amiibo not skymiibo or whatever), one open and one sealed, except for the last wave of animal crossing but I plan to pick them up around the 5 dollar mark.

Everything else was bought day one with GCU if possible except for a Wii fit trainer I paid the scalp machine for.

Thankfully I gave up on the AC cards but I almost have a complete series 1 set I plan to give to my sister in law who is a huge fan.

I shudder to think that I crossed the 4 figure mark on amiibo alone.

I bought the only Olimar that I saw. I'll check again and see if I can find another Olimar when I go back. I can not find my Mable receipt but I did find the receipt for Mario . My store is remodeling. I don't know if that has anything to do with the clearance prices.

112h0cp.jpg
10eixi0.jpg
262y8ex.jpg
any luck on a return trip??

Well, I bought the amiibo loot crate when I first started, and I own everything released thus far except for Mega Yarn Yoshi, Ness & Robin (plus I don't count the Skylanders hybrids, or the $50 or so my wife spent on the amiibo cards).

To keep it short, I estimate that I've spent about $987 including taxes and a few shipping charges along the way. That number jumps up to $1032 once Friday comes. ;)

I own every sealed SSB amiibo that has been released so far, as well as sealed versions of the classic and modern color 8-bit Mario.

Loose amiibo I own - Mario, Luigi, Megaman, Mewtwo, Wario, Toad, Link, Green Yarn Yoshi, The Splatoon 3 pack, and Wolf Link. 

I'm pretty selective about the ones that I open and use, but what I like about them is the majority of them serve a purpose in more than just 1 game. With the exception of Wolf Link, all of the amiibo I have opened work with 2 games or more. 

Just received notification that Roy, Kapp'n, Rover, and Famicom Rob have shipped.  Unfortunately boys I won't have any stories about any neck beard encounters this time around.  Last time was painful enough listening to one in particular brag about what a deal he managed to get on his fedora....

Like others on here, I have every US amiibo ever released sealed.  They were all payed for by selling other amiibo.  This whole amiibo thing hasn't cost me one red cent of my own money because early on, people were paying $$$ for Marth, Wii Fit trainer, and Villager.

My Ryu and Famicom ROB shipped from Best Buy.

Still haven't heard a damn thing from Gamestop about why they canceled my Roy order (and sent me no notification).  I don't trade stuff in there, and I don't cancel orders, and I don't order multiple copies of anything...so I'm truly stumped whey they did that.  The figure was still available on their site last I looked (yesterday).

Damn we are going to miss out on made up stories that didn't actually happen.
That sucks, those are literally the only reason I still come to this thread cos they're so hilarious.

FYI, Famicom Rob might be a tad rare because it's such a pointless figure and Nintendo knows it. A local store only got two in, and that was only for two preorders. They'll have zero sales floor stock. No idea how that relates to other stores, but food for thought.

I'd report it but I've already done that with other posts twice in the past week.
Oh defender of the neck beard lifestyle.....you just made my ignore list just like Deader did long ago.

That sucks, those are literally the only reason I still come to this thread cos they're so hilarious.

FYI, Famicom Rob might be a tad rare because it's such a pointless figure and Nintendo knows it. A local store only got two in, and that was only for two preorders. They'll have zero sales floor stock. No idea how that relates to other stores, but food for thought.
Unfortunately this thread has some neck beards of it's own in it that catch feelings whenever a TRUTHFUL encounter regarding a neck beard is brought to light, so these offenders quickly run to the mods and beg that it be deleted.

bread's done
Back