amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy got 10 Shovel Knight in yesterday with 10 more coming tomorrow. I noticed that every store in my district only has half their shipment. You might want to ask when their UPS guy usually shows up if they sell out before you get there. This is the first amiibo not to come from Nintendo which explains the late shipments.

Yeah, they'll probably be cheaper in a month, but I really want them now. GCU helps with that.

Ordered two sets of 3 AC card packs as well on two different Amazon accounts.
Is it just 3 per order or 3 total and that's it per customer? I want to say I made two separate orders (same account) of 3 packs of the series 1 cards when they came out.

Is it just 3 per order or 3 total and that's it per customer? I want to say I made two separate orders (same account) of 3 packs of the series 1 cards when they came out.
Per account. I tried ordering another 3, but they wouldn't let me. Maybe it'll change once they are actually available and not for pre-order.

Are those Greninja with original 1st run backs? I notice Marth seemed to have the same original back even for the reprints. I was just wondering about Greninja because I do have an extra from the 1st run (if anyone cares...)

surprised (okay maybe not) Shovel Knight is selling out as AC seems to be overstocked.  I'm surprised BB didn't put the game on sale - missed it when it was a dotd for $19.99 pre gcu.  Tempted to get a second copy if I see in store as one is already shipped.

surprised (okay maybe not) Shovel Knight is selling out as AC seems to be overstocked. I'm surprised BB didn't put the game on sale - missed it when it was a dotd for $19.99 pre gcu. Tempted to get a second copy if I see in store as one is already shipped.
Distribution/manufacturing of the Shovel Knight amiibo are being handled by the developer, Yacht Club Games, rather than Nintendo. They're using a different manufacturer as well (one that also makes Disney Infinity toys coincidentally)

This means that it'll be hard to compare this single amiibo release to other Nintendo backed lines. The developer has promised that if stores sell out, they'll make more, and urged people not to import as there would be enough for everyone that wanted one. They've had some setbacks though, such as the customs hangup and delay in the UK.

Another day of having to walk through the gauntlet of neck beards at best buy to obtain shovel knight.  The smell was unbearable.  It must be nice for these types to just go though life without a care in the world as they continue on with their sad little existence.  

I was in and out of there as fast as I could.  The detail on the figure looks great!  Money well spent. 

I completely forgot Shovel Knight was coming out today until last night. Arrived at my best buy at 10 when it opened and there were 4 left. Crisis averted. Too bad the update isn't here yet.

I went to Best Buy's website and chose search for store pickup, every store around had some in stock. Also it listed the price as only $10.39 before tax.... A launch day sale? Weird. Bought it, of course.

I went to Best Buy's website and chose search for store pickup, every store around had some in stock. Also it listed the price as only $10.39 before tax.... A launch day sale? Weird. Bought it, of course.
You sure you don't have GCU? Because that is exactly 20% off.

Another day of having to walk through the gauntlet of neck beards at best buy to obtain shovel knight. The smell was unbearable. It must be nice for these types to just go though life without a care in the world as they continue on with their sad little existence.

I was in and out of there as fast as I could. The detail on the figure looks great! Money well spent.
I feel like I've seen you complain about neck beards before. You know you can just take a shower and shave, right?

I mean, do those people even exist? I hear all of these stories but whenever I'm out for a release of things like this all I see is normal people.

I mean, do those people even exist? I hear all of these stories but whenever I'm out for a release of things like this all I see is normal people.
Define normal. Cause the 300 lb bear with a triforce shirt and Mario wallet isn't what I'd call normal. Not yet anyways.

Hell the few launches I went to it was hard to find someone who wasn't dressed up in at least a gaming t-shirt/hat. And, without fail, I was always the nicest dressed by far (keep in mind most of these were weekday mornings whenI'd have thought people were going to work after stopping at the store). Considering I'm retired, that's pretty damn sad. Do people even have jobs anymore?

So yeah they exist and are very common lol.

Last edited:
Distribution/manufacturing of the Shovel Knight amiibo are being handled by the developer, Yacht Club Games, rather than Nintendo. They're using a different manufacturer as well (one that also makes Disney Infinity toys coincidentally)

This means that it'll be hard to compare this single amiibo release to other Nintendo backed lines. The developer has promised that if stores sell out, they'll make more, and urged people not to import as there would be enough for everyone that wanted one. They've had some setbacks though, such as the customs hangup and delay in the UK.
I knew Yacht Club was taking point on this, but it is interesting that they're using a different manufacturer. I only ever had Skylanders so have no idea how the quality of DI figures are. Based on pictures, Shovel Knight at least looks better than the Splatoon line.

What has B&M stock looked like for everyone?

Define normal. Cause the 300 lb bear with a triforce shirt and Mario wallet isn't what I'd call normal. Not yet anyways.

Hell the few launches I went to it was hard to find someone who wasn't dressed up in at least a gaming t-shirt/hat. And, without fail, I was always the nicest dressed by far (keep in mind most of these were weekday mornings whenI'd have thought people were going to work after stopping at the store). Considering I'm retired, that's pretty damn sad.

oh boy, I have observed way too many sterotypes while waiting on line for amiibo. Anime conventions and cons in general are way too nerdy for me despite going to a few. I've been to many events at Nintendo World, and each time I feel out of place and even a fraud when I have no idea what people are talking about.

Based on pictures, Shovel Knight at least looks better than the Splatoon line.
Uh, no. Neither SK or the Splatoon series looks bad, but I'd argue that at least the kids are a couple notches above SK. The squid too.

Hell the few launches I went to it was hard to find someone who wasn't dressed up in at least a gaming t-shirt/hat. And, without fail, I was always the nicest dressed by far (keep in mind most of these were weekday mornings whenI'd have thought people were going to work after stopping at the store). Considering I'm retired, that's pretty damn sad.

Well, I haven't really encountered the "smelly" types, but I've seen quite a few that are clearly not your "high achievers". Several wearing gaming shirts that do not really fit, hair is desperate need of a comb and/or shampoo, etc. General "slobby" appearance. I don't dress up much since I work from home, but I'm at least presentable unless I stop by on the way back from Lowe's while wearing yard work clothes. I've seen and talked to a few that clearly had some "development issues". This used to be common for Skylanders and more recently Amiibo.

In general though, they don't hold a candle to the types that arrive for Hot Wheels or Monster High stuff (saw them a few times on new figure/game releases at TRU). True trailer park trash that makes you wonder if they are doing it to fund a meth habit or something.

Anyways, Shovel Knight arrived today, looks fantastic. I did notice it didn't have the little foil disk in the package, so unlike regular Amiibo it would probably work in the box - no surgery required.

I knew Yacht Club was taking point on this, but it is interesting that they're using a different manufacturer. I only ever had Skylanders so have no idea how the quality of DI figures are. Based on pictures, Shovel Knight at least looks better than the Splatoon line.

What has B&M stock looked like for everyone?
As a collector that has many Amiibo, Skylander and Infinity figures, Infinity are by far the highest quality of the TTL (minus maybe Lego, but Lego are Lego so you know what you get there - Lego is well known for an amazingly low defect rate). Infinity's style may not be for everyone (clean, smooth edges, consistent "toy" look), but the figures are fantastic quality. And boy are they solid. Hulkbuster Iron Man, Hulk and Wreck-It Ralph are heavy and very solid. Shovel Knight very much matches Infinity quality and feel.

My online order of Shovel Knight from BB arrived today and he looks great!

I feel out of place and even a fraud when I have no idea what people are talking about.
That's how I feel reading the CAG humble/gala/bundle threads. It's like chanspeak in there.

I really wish Best Buy hadn't waited till today to get the in store option live for Shovel Knight. I ordered from Amazon, and don't feel like going through the return process to save a few bucks.

Got shovel knight at best buy..last one. Also picked up the 2 single packs of skylander amiibos. Donkey kong and bowser were $20 each after GCU. Still a little high for such a crappy looking figure.

My BBY SK arrived 1 hour ago.  Shocked when i opened the package  a cool looking Bestbuy exclusive Dark Pit amiibo.  I checked my local bestbuy & they have SK instock.  Roaming around the store but can't find 1.  Talked to the REP. He's super cool & search the back room and he return with 6 SK's in the boxes.  I picked out the best SK for exchange.  Someone at BBY is cool enough shipped me RARE Dark PIT but i already has two. lol  Will test SK amiibo tomorrow with the game and will buy 2nd SK for my collection :)

My local Bestbuy is ROCK. The Customer Service is EXCELLENT :)

My BBY SK arrived 1 hour ago. Shocked when i opened the package a cool looking Bestbuy exclusive Dark Pit amiibo. I checked my local bestbuy & they have SK instock. Roaming around the store but can't find 1. Talked to the REP. He's super cool & search the back room and he return with 6 SK's in the boxes. I picked out the best SK for exchange. Someone at BBY is cool enough shipped me RARE Dark PIT but i already has two. lol Will test SK amiibo tomorrow with the game and will buy 2nd SK for my collection :)

My local Bestbuy is ROCK. The Customer Service is EXCELLENT :)
I can't tell you how many times this has happened at BBY ... on a release day and a major game, etc. is still sitting in the back. BBY has argueably among the worst merchandising in retail. This NEVER happened when there was a dedicated gaming department. How many people walk in and out of BBY looking for a specific item that isn't on the shelf b/c it hasn't been stocked yet??

I can't tell you how many times this has happened at BBY ... on a release day and a major game, etc. is still sitting in the back. BBY has argueably among the worst merchandising in retail. This NEVER happened when there was a dedicated gaming department. How many people walk in and out of BBY looking for a specific item that isn't on the shelf b/c it hasn't been stocked yet??
The big problem is that they get the new games the day of release, unless it's a huge title like mario/halo/gta etc. The truck usually doesn't show up until 10-11, and then the warehouse guy(of which there is usually only 1 now) has to check-in the inventory and price it before it can ever hit the floor, and that's assuming they aren't doing one of 10 other responsibilities at that moment. This is all before it can enter the merchandising employee's hands, who may or may not be at lunch since they've been there since 6:30.

I was a media supervisor when they still had that position back in the mid to late 00's, and getting new release games on the shelf on Tuesdays and Wednesdays was always a struggle due to the poor scheduling that Best Buy forces on their stores, even WHEN we had dedicated media employees working at all times.

Just a heads up, Walmart has a bunch of amiibo on sale for 10 bucks.  I added the "modern color" classic mario to my cart, and then they offered me another $5 off for adding the classic color mario as well. I bought both for 15 bucks. I don't know if others work this way or not.

http://www.walmart.com/tp/nintendo-amiibo

Do in store pickup to save on shipping.

Didn't even realize that I now have Best Buy Elite. So I now get free shipping all year on BestBuy.com!! This is amazing! Just placed my order for the SK amiibo and used a $5 credit so paid $5.82 total. O_O

Didn't even realize that I now have Best Buy Elite. So I now get free shipping all year on BestBuy.com!! This is amazing! Just placed my order for the SK amiibo and used a $5 credit so paid $5.82 total. O_O
Hahaha, congrats!

I was a bit surprised myself when I saw I had hit it a few months back... I had never even come close before, must be all those GCU purchases. :)

bread's done
Back