amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt the Wii is Nintendo's last console success, especially considering that despite the Wii U's lagging sales they are still making more profit than Sony.

And they are still going forward with the mobile stuff. If anything, Nintendo will increase its mobile presence, especially if the upcoming games sell well.
1. Sony made more money than Nintendo. Nintendo profit was $75 million dollars and Sony was 280 million (199 million from game and network services division).

2. Even if you had been right and Nintendo made more than Sony, that means very little. If I'm running a company and one product makes 1 billion in profits and another loses 800 million resulting in a net 200 million profit but my competitor is only making 50 million profit, I'm okay with my losing product line??? No.

1. Sony made more money than Nintendo. Nintendo profit was $75 million dollars and Sony was 280 million (199 million from game and network services division).

2. Even if you had been right and Nintendo made more than Sony, that means very little. If I'm running a company and one product makes 1 billion in profits and another loses 800 million resulting in a net 200 million profit but my competitor is only making 50 million profit, I'm okay with my losing product line??? No.
Looking at Nintendo's numbers over the past 6 years is scary.

Shovel Knight arrived (finally) from BBY. Ordered early on the 11th and took over a week. BUT ... well packaged and minty fresh. So worth the wait.

Got a Ryu order in! Been waiting for him. Gonna be my first amiibo purchase since Greninja when he first came out, been out of the amiibo game since. I guess I'm elite plus too, got free shipping unless everyone else is too?!

Nice, thanks.  Preordered those two.  Haven't had THAT bad luck with them shipping, but now that I've moved I'm hoping its just as good.  I suppose that we'll be living less than 2 miles from a BB though, so I should probably look into doing store pickup more often.

I got an email today saying that my RYU had an adjusted date, but both orders went in just fine.  

Now I just need to track down my missing Fire Emblem Amiibos to be done with everything.  

Roy is exclusive to Gamestop and will be available to pre-order in store at 2 pm CST tomorrow. 

I saw the flyer at the store earlier today. 

Anyone know why Ryu isn't available to pickup in store from BB? Was it b/c Lucas was on the same order?

Not a huge deal but it would have been $3 cheaper (most local stores sold out of Lucas, didn't know he came out on Friday.)

Roy is exclusive to Gamestop and will be available to pre-order in store at 2 pm CST tomorrow.

I saw the flyer at the store earlier today.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, great.

FE Amiibos are pretty rare, nonetheless now that it's exclusive it'll be worse.

Damn it, i just hope i can get one in, really want him.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, great.

FE Amiibos are pretty rare, nonetheless now that it's exclusive it'll be worse.

Damn it, i just hope i can get one in, really want him.
Remember how the retro 3 pack was GS exclusive? I still see tons on the shelves of Gamestops.

Nintendo finally realized the artificial scarcity was causing casuals to avoid Amiibos so they're finally making enough.

Remember how the retro 3 pack was GS exclusive? I still see tons on the shelves of Gamestops.

Nintendo finally realized the artificial scarcity was causing casuals to avoid Amiibos so they're finally making enough.
True, but it was to non-fire emblem character. The only ones that have been actually reprinted has been ike and Lucina for like 10 seconds.

I just hope that they will do enough for alot of people.

Famicom R.O.B. back in-stock on Best Buy's website.  However, BB offers "store pickup" but no options for a pickup location...and the shipping option doesn't work either.

I assume that both will be available for store pickup, and possible shipping (for R.O.B. again), sometime later today or even prior to their release...unless BB bought too many Lucas, got burned, and learned their lesson not to overstock amiibo.  lol.

I get out of work at 3:30pm EST. I'll be sure to get to the store by 4PM and to try my luck online as well. Seems like he will be well stocked. I want a sealed Roy as well since he's my main and I love FE, but I'd be content with one.

Famicom R.O.B. back in-stock on Best Buy's website. However, BB offers "store pickup" but no options for a pickup location...and the shipping option doesn't work either.
missed it. what time did it come back?

I'm hoping the Roy preorder isn't as bad as the Ness one. That was a nightmare...

bread's done
Back