amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre ordered Lucas from amazon and forgot about him. Checked my order because of this thread.  Tracking shows "Delay in delivery because of weather or natural disaster." I look outside at the two feet of snow and think to myself "yea, I can understand that." 

I was able to get 10 packs of amiibo cards today at bestbuy. They weren't out and an employee had to look for them. Finally got them and asked how many I wanted. Guy let me have 10 no problem. Obviously ymmv, but I got lucky.

I pre ordered Lucas from amazon and forgot about him. Checked my order because of this thread. Tracking shows "Delay in delivery because of weather or natural disaster." I look outside at the two feet of snow and think to myself "yea, I can understand that."
That is unacceptable. They should have drones with heat shields by now.

Cancelled my instore pickup from bestbuy for Lucas and re ordered with free shipping.

Store is 25 miles one way and i have no other reason to go to that area this weekend and its not worth it just for an amiibo.

Slipped on some ice yesterday at work and hurt my leg. Had to get sent home from work early. My wife felt bad that I got hurt, so she cleared my local Target of all the packs they still had. 16 packs and now I'm 68 out 100 cards complete. :)

Was able to get a buddy of mine to pre-order two Roys for me in store yesterday. The employee recognized him and asked where I was lol, so he happily put the pre-orders down. Will be filling out a survey for him.

As for the amiibo that released yesterday, I pre-ordered two of each despite the price drops in the last wave. Glad I did, my area was sold out and I don't want to have to run around looking for restocks or hope my items arrive in good condition.
On another note: I had the hardest time finding animal crossing cards. Only the toys r us around here had them. Everywhere else only got one box and either had them saved for pre-orders or sold out.

Are they hard to find?
Not really, but for some reason places like BBY and Amazon are putting limits on how many you can order. I try to get them from BBY for the discount, but they don't carry a ton of stock. They got one box of cards I think. I don't want to seem like a hoarder, but even if you trade to complete the set you still need to buy a good amount of packs to give yourself a chance.

CHw7Wy9UYAAUmd-.jpg

I figured someone probably had custom made one of these. Nintendo really should release a Super Mario Sunshine HD bundle with a fludd amiibo that unlocks cool new things in the beautiful sunshine world of mysterious islands and creatures.

CHw7Wy9UYAAUmd-.jpg

I figured someone probably had custom made one of these. Nintendo really should release a Super Mario Sunshine HD bundle with a fludd amiibo that unlocks cool new things in the beautiful sunshine world of mysterious islands and creatures.
I would buy that. Sunshine was one of my favorites.

Glad I checked Gamestop's site again, since Roy was for some reason not available for store pickup when he first went up. Cancelled and reordered it that way so I could avoid the $4 shipping fee.

Glad I checked Gamestop's site again, since Roy was for some reason not available for store pickup when he first went up. Cancelled and reordered it that way so I could avoid the $4 shipping fee.
Nice, did the same! Saved about $4. I placed two orders, hope they don't give me any shit about having two orders.

Thanks for this...just saved $4 shipping too. Cancelled my other order.

Thanks! I kept one for shipping tho so I don't have to get asked a million questions as to why I have 2 pickups.

Thanks. Cancelled and re-ordered for store pickup. Happy to save 4 bucks.

I gave in. TRU sent me a $5 certificate so I bought Kicks with that and then used a $20 certificate at BBY as well as a GC on the last three Animal Crossing amiibo. I enjoy the AC series and seeing them in person made me buy series two rather than wait. Also got two Lucas amiibo. One for the house and one for my cubicle at work.

I'm getting way too into getting these amiibos. I said I wouldn't do it.. But can't help it. I still refuse to pay more than $12.99 for any amiibo however. But man GCU made me buy 3 amiibos and then preorder Rob famicom colors version just to get free shipping over $35, since online their choices are scarce.

But I got Mabel and Tom nook cheap on amazon $5 each, then the amiibo festival game is $33 or so now with Isabelle and digby. Randomly saw a Lottie at GameStop and I had $5 credit so used that (and preordered Roy).

But its like a drug and I'm addicted. I collect games (over 3300 video games, all individual not counting duplicates), and I USED to collect action figures but that got way too expensive. So I stuck with games... And now amiibo. I'm already at like 52 amiibos and I only started a few months ago. Sigh.

Damn you... Now I gotta preorder them and cuz I prefer to have it shipped... I guess I'll get a few of the Super Mario series ones since I don't ha e any of those yet cuz I want free shipping. Sigh. Thanks though.

After some duds in Wave 1, I'm actually digging Wave 2 and Wave 3 Animal Crossing figures quite a bit. I'll happily pay GCU price on release day for these.

Yea so out of the 99 amiibos that have come out, are out, and will be out (this included regular and dark DK and bowser for skylanders as well as if Bayonetta, Corrin, and Cloud get one. Not to mention the few out in march), I officially own 61 of them...

And I only started in November..Yipes. GCU and amazon is what really did it with the price drops or GCU 20% off. The o ky ones I paid/will pay retail are Lottie (only saw at GameStop) and Roy (exclusive to GameStop).

Now to just keep an eye out for older ones to get close to that $12.99 as I refuse to pay more than $12.99 for a single one of them... Unless in the far future they still haven't rereleased earlier ones or if the demand doesn't drop. So nuts but whatever, better than buying drugs right?... RIGHT?!

I remember when wave 4 pre-orders came out. That was a disaster lol
that was the longest amount of time I spent on line(s) NOT actually buying/getting something. This includes long ass wait times at theme parks, dmv, etc. April 2, 2015 will forever be remembered.

I think if I were to add the amount of time I spent waiting in lines for amiibo, it'd be several days maybe even a week :wall:

that was the longest amount of time I spent on line(s) NOT actually buying/getting something. This includes long ass wait times at theme parks, dmv, etc. April 2, 2015 will forever be remembered.

I think if I were to add the amount of time I spent waiting in lines for amiibo, it'd be several days maybe even a week :wall:
The line at GS was a disaster lol

With the exception of the January Rosalina release and a few other notably cold days, I very much enjoyed my time in line for these! Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just pre-order and pick them up without issue but some of those lines were really fun for me.

With the exception of the January Rosalina release and a few other notably cold days, I very much enjoyed my time in line for these! Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just pre-order and pick them up without issue but some of those lines were really fun for me.
how could you enjoy it with all those neckbeards?

how could you enjoy it with all those neckbeards?
I KNOW RIGHT!?

Truth be told, the lines I frequent don't have any neckbeards per se. They do have super skeevy scalper guy though and guy who claims he doesn't scalp but will later let slip that he has 8 Gold Marios left. Then there's a good collection of...for lack of a better term...NERDS. They're socially awkward and even for an amiibo line carry out some dorky conversations. They're all very nice and generally good people though. Then there's a good handful of normal, friendly people who happen to like Nintendo, amiibo, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, etc and getting to know them has been great! Plus I bring along my 3DS and get Street Passes, play multiplayer, or visit other Animal Crossing towns.

Do you guys think it would be better to just pay 25 bucks for the Summer Edition Isabelle from play-asia with faster shipping or the roughly 18~20 bucks from amiami? I doubt we are going to get the figure here, at least not for a while.

Never used amiami before. 

Do you guys think it would be better to just pay 25 bucks for the Summer Edition Isabelle from play-asia with faster shipping or the roughly 18~20 bucks from amiami? I doubt we are going to get the figure here, at least not for a while.

amiami is great, fast shipping and well packed. I think we will prob get her though cause we're getting famicom rob and I didn't think that would happen.

Nintendo has already stated in a Nintendo Direct that we will be getting Isabelle as a single here in NA.

amiami is great, fast shipping and well packed. I think we will prob get her though cause we're getting famicom rob and I didn't think that would happen.
What shipping method do you use for amiami? I was looking at the registered air packet which takes 2-5 weeks. I just hope it takes closer to 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back