amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What shipping method do you use for amiami? I was looking at the registered air packet which takes 2-5 weeks. I just hope it takes closer to 2 weeks.
I go with ems which is usually 3-4 days. you can change the shipping method when they ask for you to pay and it will give you the prices of each. note the package needs to be signed for, i'm never home when they try to deliver so I have to go to the post office to pick it up.

Yeah, they haven't announced the summer edition one with a different outfit that has only been announced for Japan and Europe for now. I'm just going to import one from amiami. If she is announced then I'll see if amiami will do me a solid and cancel it for me.

Do you guys think it would be better to just pay 25 bucks for the Summer Edition Isabelle from play-asia with faster shipping or the roughly 18~20 bucks from amiami? I doubt we are going to get the figure here, at least not for a while.

Never used amiami before.
We've gotten every other amiibo release, including Famicom ROB which many thought would never happen.

I'd honestly just wait.

Chibi Robo is $5.82. Was as low as $5.14 at one point: http://www.amazon.com/Chibi-Robo-amiibo-Exclusive-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B016S5DC3M/

Tom Nook is $5.02: http://www.amazon.com/Amiibo-Animal-Crossing-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B014KXMLXG/

Mabel is $4.35: http://www.amazon.com/Amiibo-Animal-Crossing-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B014KXMLZ4/

The prices may continue to drop too. The drops are automated and based off if others are buying as well (there must be a basement price I'd imagine). I suggest price matching to Target with you REDcard or Best Buy to earn points (can't with Chibi-Robo of course). This way ou still get the game at Amazon price but don't need to pay shipping and then possibly they will drop for others.

I now kind of wish Nintendo never reprinted these things. The prices have plummeted and a lot are sitting on shelves.
Gross. We got what we wanted, I for one am happy I got a Little Mac and Captain Falcon for msrp because I sure as hell was never going to buy them from a re-seller.

WHY DO GAMERS HATE GETTING WHAT THEY WANTED!?!?!?

jackie-chan-illuminati.jpg

I think I'm probably going to end up selling a few that I sort of instinctively purchased that I ended up not really caring for.

There was a time I was gonna go for a complete Smash Bros. set, and I got darn close, but now that I have them I don't know what to do with them. I'll keep the stuff I really like but sell off everything else. (Namely Fire Emblem characters, for instance.)

Edit: Same thing goes for Disney Infinity. I was super into 1.0 and 2.0 but with 3.0 I'm not really feeling it. I'll likely pare back my collection a bit and keep the characters that are significant to me.

I now kind of wish Nintendo never reprinted these things. The prices have plummeted and a lot are sitting on shelves.
I'm glad they did, fugg resellers and people who think these things are an investment.

I like being able to go into a store and there actually be Amiibos on shelves.

I think I'm probably going to end up selling a few that I sort of instinctively purchased that I ended up not really caring for.

There was a time I was gonna go for a complete Smash Bros. set, and I got darn close, but now that I have them I don't know what to do with them. I'll keep the stuff I really like but sell off everything else. (Namely Fire Emblem characters, for instance.)

Edit: Same thing goes for Disney Infinity. I was super into 1.0 and 2.0 but with 3.0 I'm not really feeling it. I'll likely pare back my collection a bit and keep the characters that are significant to me.
Yea I was thinking about doing the same thing and just keeping the uprising characters but some of them have plummeted and I won't be able to at least break even lol.

Toys-to-life are one of those things where you really need to limit yourself to only collecting one brand.  Or else only buying a couple that you like from each brand.

Yea I was thinking about doing the same thing and just keeping the uprising characters but some of them have plummeted and I won't be able to at least break even lol.
Meh. The majority of them I bought on sale in the first place so unless I'm only selling them for a dollar or something I think I won't complain.

It was a bubble, if people couldn't see that then it's their own fault.

I'm still waiting for the market to drop out on Lego but it just seems to keep going. With articles like this though:
http://time.com/money/4162059/lego-investment-compare-gold-return/
It's only a matter of time before it happens.
I've read similar articles to like this over the past several years and they don't help at all. It's pretty much killed any type of sale/discount on any premium set that LEGO has. I've slowed down buying a lot over the past year but I still get the itch, it doesn't bother me if I miss on something anymore. The last set I really wanted and passed or missed numerous times for a great price was the Super Star Destroyer, I was going to buy that set last year during the May the 4th sale but it coincided with the the retirement of that set. I sadly missed out on it but it's ok. =(

Not for the faint of heart, It's a big bulk of it but not the whole thing.

I've read similar articles to like this over the past several years and they don't help at all. It's pretty much killed any type of sale/discount on any premium set that LEGO has. I've slowed down buying a lot over the past year but I still get the itch, it doesn't bother me if I miss on something anymore. The last set I really wanted and passed or missed numerous times for a great price was the Super Star Destroyer, I was going to buy that set last year during the May the 4th sale but it coincided with the the retirement of that set. I sadly missed out on it but it's ok. =(

Not for the faint of heart, It's a big bulk of it but not the whole thing.

I really hope you have a well-paying job, because that's practically a lifetime's worth of finances for some people, lol.

Do the series 2 and 3 AC amiibo cards work with amiibo festival? I can't seem to find a definite answer on Nintendo's website. Thanks in advance.

Great thanks. I need to get some more in my plaza and BBY only had series 2 this week when I went by. The minigames are pretty fun, especially the balloon one.

I was able to get some series 2 at Best Buy on release, and pre-ordered the pre-order limit of 3 at Amazon. But someone went and bought all the rest of the cards in town. Any idea why Best Buy isn't selling them online, I had a good run buying series 1 cards from best buy with GCU. Looks like my only option is from Amazon, are they imposing any limits on cards right now?

Damnit and now the Wii u dark starter pack for skylanders super chargers with Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong is $41 and the Wii version with Hammer Slam bowser is like $24. Sigh. Well I want them all. Then I gotta find a cheap Dark bowser and normal DK. Never ending.

My Lucas arrived yesterday from Amazon - really well packed too; it not only had bubble cushions, but the amiibo itself was wrapped in thin foam for extra protection.

My Lucas arrived yesterday from Amazon - really well packed too; it not only had bubble cushions, but the amiibo itself was wrapped in thin foam for extra protection.

Is the SNES Earthbound from 1994 the only time the Earthbound/Mother series has officially been released in the U.S.?
Yeah, the last release was Mother 3 and was only available in JP for the GBA.

Yeah, Amazon seems to have stepped up. Lucas came well packed as well as the AC 3-pack and Mabel I got earlier today to flip to GS.

I recently decided to go with the baseball bat displays since they went on sale 60% off. As a result, I opened my mostly NIB collection (some I carefully opened to make it look NIB). Enjoy the pics.

http://imgur.com/a/4hW1o

Do you have a link to those baseball bat displays? How many are needed for a full smash collection?
http://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-baseball-bat-display-case/10174362.html

They are currently 50% off and the Michael's website has a 20% off coupon on anything (sale items included) for TODAY ONLY. This gives you a 60% off overall. Shipping is bad so see if you can pick up in store.

I think each one can hold 12-14 comfortably. I think for a full smash line only, you need 4. However, you could always stack them on top too, so really 2 for a strictly smash line.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLAMsjl.jpg

Damnit and now the Wii u dark starter pack for skylanders super chargers with Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong is $41 and the Wii version with Hammer Slam bowser is like $24. Sigh. Well I want them all. Then I gotta find a cheap Dark bowser and normal DK. Never ending.
Yup, got sucked into those ones too.

Told myself "those don't count", until I picked up the starter packs for really cheap. Then I couldn't just have the regular ones and not the dark ones so got Dark versions for nearly half off (but not nearly as cheap as the regular ones).

Now that I have all four (and their cars, kind of like them), they totally do count :razz:

Yup, got sucked into those ones too.

Told myself "those don't count", until I picked up the starter packs for really cheap. Then I couldn't just have the regular ones and not the dark ones so got Dark versions for nearly half off (but not nearly as cheap as the regular ones).

Now that I have all four (and their cars, kind of like them), they totally do count :razz:
Yea man.. They totally count. I got super addicted to amiibo.. I have 64 now (well more like 56 or so now cuz I'm counting my preorders for ryu, Roy, kappn, rover, Famicom ROB, Wolf Link and Gold megaman in that amount) and I only started getting heavy into it since November. I got hooked cuz of TRU having a B2G1 free around November and I got Bowser Jr, silver Mario, and pacman. The rest is history.

I am already caught up with any that are available in stores (randomly found a Mii 3 pack at TRU yesterday, last one and Walmart had Modern 8bit Mario for $9.99 so I did my first ship to store!).

All I am missing are ones out of print, ones not out yet, and Dark bowser and normal turbo DK skylanders. I refuse to pay more than retail for a single amiibo, not gonna let eBay price gougers entice me.. At least not yet, maybe down the line when I have more money. Lol

Also, @litepink, Where did you find a Dark Hammer Slam Bowser?

See I got the Dark Edition for Wii U with Dark DK, and I have the super chargers racing for the Wii which comes with Hammer Slam Bowser...

Now I see Turbo Charge DK with his vehicle in its own pack... but I cannot seem to see a Dark Hammer Slam Bowser... is he ONLY in a starter pack? My goal was to get the wii game, and the wii u game, both with a different one. Then MAYBE find a cheap start pack with DK or Dark Bowser for 3ds if i had to, and get the 4th one alone.

So how did you personally buy all 4 is I guess my question.

Nevermind... i see dark editions are wii and wii u specifically. gotta rethink my strategy here then since normal hammer slam and normal turbo charge dk can be bought on their own, and i dont need multiple copies of the game for the same system. 

lol I only have a meager 7 large boxes' worth.
I have 3 rubbermade Tubs full of legos from the 80s and 90s.

I loved me some Pirate and Castle.

So I'm debating, is there really any point behind keeing the Supercharger DK and Bowser?
While I like them both, I'll never use either save for as an Amiibo and I've recently found a DK Amiibo.

Also, @litepink, Where did you find a Dark Hammer Slam Bowser?

See I got the Dark Edition for Wii U with Dark DK, and I have the super chargers racing for the Wii which comes with Hammer Slam Bowser...

Now I see Turbo Charge DK with his vehicle in its own pack... but I cannot seem to see a Dark Hammer Slam Bowser... is he ONLY in a starter pack? My goal was to get the wii game, and the wii u game, both with a different one. Then MAYBE find a cheap start pack with DK or Dark Bowser for 3ds if i had to, and get the 4th one alone.

So how did you personally buy all 4 is I guess my question.

Nevermind... i see dark editions are wii and wii u specifically. gotta rethink my strategy here then since normal hammer slam and normal turbo charge dk can be bought on their own, and i dont need multiple copies of the game for the same system.
Wii Dark Edition is a TRU exclusive but can be purchased at Jet.com which has a 15% off code right now. So I would just keep your eye on Jet.com deals. I got mine when AMEX was offering credit back when you made a purchase so I got mine for around $30.

https://jet.com/product/Skylanders-SuperChargers-Dark-Edition-Starter-Pack-for-Nintendo-Wii/88e947e28e364b5dbfbcd86ed81848c0

So, what are all of your thoughts on buying amiibos that were once in a package but now are also individual?

See, I have gotten strictly USA releases as I don't want the Japanese ones as I'd prefer them all to be USA, personal preference.

Now I have the Inkling girl/squid/boy 3 pack already... but now I see the Inkling Girl and Inkling boy are also sold separately and they're on amazon for $9.99 or slightly less. Now I am not buying the amiibos to be kept in the package. I plan to use them as opportunities to use them arise. I will however keep the packaging to place them back in whenever i am done using them, more for display purposes in the future.

Would/have you fellow amiibo maniacs buy/bought inkling boy and girl stand alone, if you already owned the 3 pack with them + the squid? Part of me says don't bother.. the other part says "but they're only $10 each"

The Inkling Girl/Boy have always been available separately but I wouldn't bother if you're opening them anyway.
yea, thats what i was thinking. cuz like i dunno if ill open ALL of the amiibos, it depends on what they each do ina game, but yea my goal is to not keep them all sealed, it's to use them when i go play a game in which they can be used. thanks for the reply.

I got Lucas amiibo at best buy yesterday they only had two of him.

Also got kicks and resetti. I could not resist getting those two since they're my favorite AC characters.

bread's done
Back