amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually put off by the fact that this collection is 50 dollars and they just announced that the digital version is 15. I prefer physical but 35 dollars extra for a gold amiibo and some stickers and postcards seems a bit much......

Maybe I am not as into amiibo anymore.....what do you guys think?
The gold amiibo is worth $10 and the game (physical) is worth $15 to me. So no, I'm not buying the bundle unless it drops a lot.

Says who? You? :roll:

People can do whatever they want with their toys.
I didn't say people can't keep them sealed, just saying that the point of the product was to be opened/used/enjoyed. There's no denying that, it's the entire reason it exists. People just decide to do otherwise in some cases. But complaining about the inner packaging and deciding to return because of it is just silly.

I didn't say people can't keep them sealed, just saying that the point of the product was to be opened/used/enjoyed. There's no denying that, it's the entire reason it exists. People just decide to do otherwise in some cases. But complaining about the inner packaging and deciding to return because of it is just silly.
Saying that the entire reason they exist is to be opened and used is kind of funny because amiibos have very little functionality in most cases. Especially when you consider the money you've spent after buying several of them for "content".

Half of people collect them to keep them NiB. They enjoy them by keeping them new and unopened. This discussion is also old and stale.

So I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. I just got hone from work and tore into my new Mega Man Legacy collections (one to open, one sealed, blah blah blah). And the backing for the amiibo is blank. Like completely blank. Solid white cardboard, front AND back, with the tiny indented sequence 495S1. I keep up with this stuff and never saw that mentioned in an unboxing, or anywhere else. Anyone see find this weird and a little bit off putting?
is the game just mega man - mega man 6?

Saying that the entire reason they exist is to be opened and used is kind of funny because amiibos have very little functionality in most cases. Especially when you consider the money you've spent after buying several of them for "content".

Half of people collect them to keep them NiB. They enjoy them by keeping them new and unopened. This discussion is also old and stale.
If it's old and stale then why do you keep replying to me?

So you honestly think the purpose for Nintendo conceiving amiibo was for collectors to buy them up and not be used? No. Just because a small portion (nowhere near the "half" that you claim) of their target audience decides to do such doesn't change the reason they're produced. Obviously a sale is a sale in the long run, but undoubtedly Nintendo would rather them be used as it could link to more software/hardware sales.

They most certainly do not exist for people to buy them just to keep them sealed... Which is also the case for basically any product ever.

Nice try.

is the game just mega man - mega man 6?
You can also play the Japanese Rockman - Rockman 6 as well, which is a nice addition IMO. The collection is really great and the porting was done to perfection. I have the game on Xbox One and purchased the 3DS collectors edition, the games run flawlessly on both.

I also will be keeping my Gold Mega Man Amiibo boxed like all my others with the exception of a few that I opened to actually use, mainly Shovel Knight since he actually adds to the game.

Question: Anyone know when Mega Yarn Yoshi restocks should start showing up?? I remember reading Nintendo made more since that safety production certificate thingie was recently uploaded to Nintendo's site. I regret not getting up early that day to head out & get him. Besides Ryu & Wolf Link (who I have pre-ordered) Mega Yarn Yoshi is the last amiibo I want in my collection.

Statement: Agree with all the NiB collectors that it sucks Gold Mega Man came packaged with a plain white card. Still, he's pretty cool looking but I admit I'm a sucker for nice packaging so I was disappointed by that. A cool Mega Man themed character card featuring artwork from the left side of the box woulda been great.

Question: Anyone know when Mega Yarn Yoshi restocks should start showing up?? I remember reading Nintendo made more since that safety production certificate thingie was recently uploaded to Nintendo's site. I regret not getting up early that day to head out & get him. Besides Ryu & Wolf Link (who I have pre-ordered) Mega Yarn Yoshi is the last amiibo I want in my collection.

Statement: Agree with all the NiB collectors that it sucks Gold Mega Man came packaged with a plain white card. Still, he's pretty cool looking but I admit I'm a sucker for nice packaging so I was disappointed by that. A cool Mega Man themed character card featuring artwork from the left side of the box woulda been great.
I would have loved it if they gave it a cool package like the box-art for the actual game. I really dig the way the Legacy Collection is packaged. Those free 3DS themes are also very cool, I am rocking the Mega Man vs. Dr. Wiley one now.

You can also play the Japanese Rockman - Rockman 6 as well, which is a nice addition IMO. The collection is really great and the porting was done to perfection. I have the game on Xbox One and purchased the 3DS collectors edition, the games run flawlessly on both.

I also will be keeping my Gold Mega Man Amiibo boxed like all my others with the exception of a few that I opened to actually use, mainly Shovel Knight since he actually adds to the game.
Shovel Knight is actually the first and so far only amiibo that you can use still in the box actually.

Exactly. If I felt like opening every single NA produced amiibo to date rather than displaying them sealed in the packaging, I obviously would have opened them. I don't play with toys, but I want to have the full collection because I grew up playing games that featured many of the characters featured in this collection. If someone wants to take their little amiibos out of the packaging and play with their toys under the guise of being "an open box collector" until they realize that they will forever be a 40 year old virgin, then more power to them. I will be keeping mine sealed. however, as my wife hasn't complained about the display and enjoys video games also. As for mega man, they will most likely release a stand alone just like they are for the ones packaged in the US Animal Crossing game bundle. Some of us however like myself will have the EUR versions of Digby and Isabelle[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]on display as we wait. My only complaint about this collection is how easy it's been to acquire every single one of these first prints as they were released, and this is not an exaggeration. Your experience may differ. Now if you'll excuse me boys, I need to unbox my legacy collection and play some mega man. I may or may not display the gold mega man due to lack of box art. Decisions... decisions.....

IMG_4372_zpslk09jldc.jpg

Condescending posts like the one above are the reason people hate NIB collectors. Insinuating people who open them are virgins, pissing people off that are still struggling to find figures by bragging about how "easy" it was, etc, is no way to get a point across. SMH. And this is coming from someone who has a NIB sealed away and an open to display, also all NA first prints. They were NOT "easy", and people may use or display or whatever however they want. It doesn't make them any less of a person than you. Don't be such a dick...

Exactly. If I felt like opening every single NA produced amiibo to date rather than displaying them sealed in the packaging, I obviously would have opened them. I don't play with toys, but I want to have the full collection because I grew up playing games that featured many of the characters featured in this collection. If someone wants to take their little amiibos out of the packaging and play with their toys under the guise of being "an open box collector" until they realize that they will forever be a 40 year old virgin, then more power to them. I will be keeping mine sealed. however, as my wife hasn't complained about the display and enjoys video games also. As for mega man, they will most likely release a stand alone just like they are for the ones packaged in the US Animal Crossing game bundle. Some of us however like myself will have the EUR versions of Digby and Isabelle [/size]on display as we wait. My only complaint about this collection is how easy it's been to acquire every single one of these first prints as they were released, and this is not an exaggeration. Your experience may differ. Now if you'll excuse me boys, I need to unbox my legacy collection and play some mega man. I may or may not display the gold mega man due to lack of box art. Decisions... decisions.....

IMG_4372_zpslk09jldc.jpg
Quick question. Why do u have 2 villagers displayed but only 1 of everyone else? I'm a game collector (but not a sealed collector as I have no urge to ever sell them in the future and plan to die with all my games in the far future). But I also have almost every amiibo. I do have mine boxes but only because I haven't really played the Wii u or 3ds much and if I have its been games that don't use amiibos. I am not against keeping stuff sealed either. Do what u like, you know? But yea your 2 villagers are throwing me off. Lol

Condescending posts like the one above are the reason people hate NIB collectors. Insinuating people who open them are virgins, pissing people off that are still struggling to find figures by bragging about how "easy" it was, etc, is no way to get a point across. SMH. And this is coming from someone who has a NIB sealed away and an open to display, also all NA first prints. They were NOT "easy", and people may use or display or whatever however they want. It doesn't make them any less of a person than you. Don't be such a dick...
Nothing & wargod are two of the biggest trolls in this thread, it's not surprising to me to see them agree with each other.

I wouldn't take anything either one of them says very seriously, especially wargod. As if having 70+ amiibo pinned to your wall makes you a total chick magnet and less of an awkward virgin than people that open them for display... Oh the irony.

Nothing & wargod are two of the biggest trolls in this thread, it's not surprising to me to see them agree with each other.

I wouldn't take anything either one of them says very seriously, especially wargod. As if having 70+ amiibo pinned to your wall makes you a total chick magnet and less of an awkward virgin than people that open them for display... Oh the irony.
It's not surprising that you don't understand the concept that some of us didn't buy these to open them up and play with them. As it's already been stated, your a biased open box collector that has no argument. Go troll somewhere else.

Quick question. Why do u have 2 villagers displayed but only 1 of everyone else? I'm a game collector (but not a sealed collector as I have no urge to ever sell them in the future and plan to die with all my games in the far future). But I also have almost every amiibo. I do have mine boxes but only because I haven't really played the Wii u or 3ds much and if I have its been games that don't use amiibos. I am not against keeping stuff sealed either. Do what u like, you know? But yea your 2 villagers are throwing me off. Lol
One is a first print, and one is a 2nd print. There are other 1st and 2nd print differences with other amiibos, but I sold off those other ones and only wanted to hang onto 2nd print villager. Here's a discussion on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3av7fx/first_print_vs_reprint_a_summary/

Only a very small % of NIB collectors care about what anyone else thinks. You obviously do. I'm sorry to hear that what comes easy to others does not come easy to you. Now take off your white cape and stop playing defender of biased open box collectors.

Amiibos weren't made to be kept in boxes. If they were theyd have "fragile don't bend the box" signs all over them. Obvious.

Fry's has Blathers, Celeste, Mr. Resetti, Kicks, and Mabel for $2.95(!) each this week. You need a unique promo code from the weekly email ad to activate the sale price. It's in-store only, and just one of each figure per customer, per code. Considering how four of these figures are only a month old, this deal is insane.

When was Wolf Link available for pre-order? Also, I pre-ordered Ryu, Roy, and Famicom R.O.B. Aren't those supposed to be coming out soon?
Wolf Link was never available, I assume they meant they had the bundle pre-ordered. Also, those amiibo launch March 18th.

Fry's has Blathers, Celeste, Mr. Resetti, Kicks, and Mabel for $2.95(!) each this week. You need a unique promo code from the weekly email ad to activate the sale price. It's in-store only, and just one of each figure per customer, per code. Considering how four of these figures are only a month old, this deal is insane.
Thank you so much for sharing, we got all 5 from the local Fry's!

If anyone wants the Fry's promo code so they can get the Amiibos, just quote me and I'll give it to the first person. Remember that it's in-store only - I don't even have one nearby, so it's of no use to me, anyway.

The Mega Yarn Yoshi were restocked at the Nintendo New York store when it reopened. It sold out the same day. No other restocks have been confirmed.

I wonder if Nintendo will ever figure out that... a lot of people actually DON'T live in NYC.
I know right, heaven forbid they actually offer some of these items on that lame ass online store they have so everyone in the country could get these limited items. NoA = Never offers Anything!

I wonder if Nintendo will ever figure out that... a lot of people actually DON'T live in NYC.
The smartest, best-looking, and most successful people live in NYC. With the cost of living, only the very best of the best can afford it. Those who don't live there aren't worth bothering with.

New Kirby amiibo line announced

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/705523588955115520

kirby-amiibo.jpg

New Kirby amiibo line announced
A little disappointing, though. Three of the four characters announced already had amiibos in Smash Brothers. Yes, these are new amiibos with different poses, but they are still the same characters. Given Kirby's colorful world and extensive cast of characters, it would have been nice to see a little more variety.

A little disappointing, though. Three of the four characters announced already had amiibos in Smash Brothers. Yes, these are new amiibos with different poses, but they are still the same characters. Given Kirby's colorful world and extensive cast of characters, it would have been nice to see a little more variety.
if it's like the AC line, it might have a couple more waves of amiibo for it.

bread's done
Back