amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Praying the Kirby amiibo are as awesome as the Animal Crossing ones and I can snag these for like two bucks retail less than a month later, because I REALLY want these ones.

Give the Nintendo bashing a rest.
Maybe if they stop doing stupid shit, like actually meet demand on anything that's not Mario related, provide inventory to stores outside of NWS, and actually learn from their mistakes... then yes, I'll stop.

You're making it sound like I post in this thread every day bashing them without reason. Didn't realize it was a crime to not praise them with every post.

Maybe if they stop doing stupid shit, like actually meet demand on anything that's not Mario related, provide inventory to stores outside of NWS, and actually learn from their mistakes... then yes, I'll stop.

You're making it sound like I post in this thread every day bashing them without reason. Didn't realize it was a crime to not praise them with every post.
In the grand scheme of things the stock at NWS is very small. Keep in mind there isnt really a lot of targets, best buys toys r us, etc in NYC area. Even if they took all their stock of stuff from NWS and put it around the rest of the world that would be like what? 1 item for every 50 stores?

In the grand scheme of things the stock at NWS is very small. Keep in mind there isnt really a lot of targets, best buys toys r us, etc in NYC area. Even if they took all their stock of stuff from NWS and put it around the rest of the world that would be like what? 1 item for every 50 stores?
This isn't particularly about the Mega Yarn Yoshi restock but also all the special editions and whatnot that NoA released only at the NWS and even then, as you said, in very minimal quantities.

My point was, maybe they should put 2 and 2 together when there are hundreds of people lining up to buy something at 1 store, that they should make more units and/or make them available elsewhere.

Bad taste to do it in the Amiibo thread. We get it, you hate them. But their business model obviously works if they're still in business.
It's in bad taste to criticize them about Amiibo in the Amiibo thread? I make very few posts, and as I said before, I don't think my criticism was unreasonable and is infrequent... I'm not doing this daily and it's still on topic since clearly, other people share similar views.

I gotta agree with Vinny on this one, lots of Nintendo CEs and stuff can only be bought from the NWS. I would have loved to buy the Hyrule Warriors and MK8 special editions, but being on the opposite side of the country (vertically) made those a complete impossibility for me.

The "supply and demand" quote above me is just silly as well. I'm not saying they have to flood the market with things, but maybe they could provide more than a couple hundred of those NWS items for the entire US? There's money to be made and they aren't even trying. Nothing wrong with complaining about Nintendo in this thread as long as you have good reason... That's what 3/4 of this thread is after all.

I still haven't been able to track down the Smash Bros. equivalent of Kirby, Meta Knight, and King DeDeDe.  Hoping that this new wave of Kirby amiibos means there might be a chance for the Smash ones being reprinted.

Mini Mario and Friends looks fun.

Mmm I don't know. I'd think a new line of Kirby would make the Smash line far less likely to be reprinted. Incoming NOA tweet be like "we heard you want Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight amiibo. Here's 3 flashy new figures. You're welcome, USA!" 

Bad taste to do it in the Amiibo thread. We get it, you hate them. But their business model obviously works if they're still in business.
If you knew of Vinny's collection you wouldn't be saying that. Online portals for selling their product should be a no brainer (they even created an eBay store somewhat recently), and these items aren't even on their official store website either. Its perfectly normal to get upset at something that has such incredibly limited availability (by comparison), especially for collectors (people that will actually keep what they buy).

Mmm I don't know. I'd think a new line of Kirby would make the Smash line far less likely to be reprinted. Incoming NOA tweet be like "we heard you want Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight amiibo. Here's 3 flashy new figures. You're welcome, USA!"
I won't cross my fingers but honestly I like the figure for the new Kirby being on his star than the Smash bros. one. Either way, I want a kirby amiibo and this might be my only chance to have one so I'll take it. If they re-print him and the others from the Smash line I'll get them but I won't hold my breath.

I gotta agree with Vinny on this one, lots of Nintendo CEs and stuff can only be bought from the NWS. I would have loved to buy the Hyrule Warriors and MK8 special editions, but being on the opposite side of the country (vertically) made those a complete impossibility for me.

The "supply and demand" quote above me is just silly as well. I'm not saying they have to flood the market with things, but maybe they could provide more than a couple hundred of those NWS items for the entire US? There's money to be made and they aren't even trying. Nothing wrong with complaining about Nintendo in this thread as long as you have good reason... That's what 3/4 of this thread is after all.
I don't see why they couldn't post stuff like that on their own store site. Just like they have sold N3DS Faceplates and such. It really is pretty shitty to have indemand stuff specific to 1 store that the greater majority of customers cannot access.

I have only been to New York like 3 or 4 times total in my teenage/adult life. And every time I have made it a mission to go out of my way to get to that Nintendo Store and buy a ton of exclusive/rare shit. I'm planning to go during the Summer/Fall after I graduate, so the same plan remains in place to get to that store.

I don't see why they couldn't post stuff like that on their own store site. Just like they have sold N3DS Faceplates and such. It really is pretty shitty to have indemand stuff specific to 1 store that the greater majority of customers cannot access.

I have only been to New York like 3 or 4 times total in my teenage/adult life. And every time I have made it a mission to go out of my way to get to that Nintendo Store and buy a ton of exclusive/rare shit. I'm planning to go during the Summer/Fall after I graduate, so the same plan remains in place to get to that store.
Yeah, it's weird that such practices occur in 2016. You'd think they would do something to make certain product more available to the everyday consumer that doesn't live in the northeast part of the country.

I've been to NYC a few times myself, but have sadly never been able to make the trip over to their store. If I ever end up going back, now that I'm an adult, it would definitely be near the top of my list.

The Wolf Link Amiibo will be sold separately later, right?  I bought one of the bundles (preordered it ages ago) but I'm seriously not going to play the game any time soon so I think I want to return it.  I seem to remember some discussion about this.  It seems stupid of them to offer it separately but I'll gladly return this copy if that is the case.

An Internet search came up with very conflicting info on this.  Some say it is only in the bundle, some say it will be out later but no one knows when. 

I figured you guys were the experts, so which is it?

Last time I checked, EU were confirmed to be getting it separately. Just buy it off of Amazon when EU gets it. NA will get it but it just hasn't been confirmed yet last time I checked.

The Wolf Link Amiibo will be sold separately later, right? I bought one of the bundles (preordered it ages ago) but I'm seriously not going to play the game any time soon so I think I want to return it. I seem to remember some discussion about this. It seems stupid of them to offer it separately but I'll gladly return this copy if that is the case.

An Internet search came up with very conflicting info on this. Some say it is only in the bundle, some say it will be out later but no one knows when.

No one knows for sure what NoA's plans are, but my guess would be since its in an actual amiibo box that's fully designed then it will most likely get a standalone release. This has been the case with every other bundle release Nintendo has done... The only ones that haven't are the ones that come in generic packaging.

The Wolf Link Amiibo will be sold separately later, right? I bought one of the bundles (preordered it ages ago) but I'm seriously not going to play the game any time soon so I think I want to return it. I seem to remember some discussion about this. It seems stupid of them to offer it separately but I'll gladly return this copy if that is the case.

An Internet search came up with very conflicting info on this. Some say it is only in the bundle, some say it will be out later but no one knows when.

Nintendo has said the Wolf Link amiibo will be available separately in NA. I was surprised when it wasn't being sold anywhere for $12.99 on Friday.

Am really suprised that with Twililght Princess HD and Huyrule Warriors 3ds coming out in the same month that there wasn't a couple different Zelda related ones coming out. Although since they are releasing them in lines now, I suppose we'll get a  huge Zelda line when the new game comes out.

No one knows for sure what NoA's plans are, but my guess would be since its in an actual amiibo box that's fully designed then it will most likely get a standalone release. This has been the case with every other bundle release Nintendo has done... The only ones that haven't are the ones that come in generic packaging.
I was not aware it was in an actual Amiibo box. I didn't open mine, but now that you mentioned it I can see that it is in an Amiibo box within the bigger box. I didn't even look at it that close till now ;). Yeah, I think I'll return this and save my $48. I'm sure the game and the Amiibo (together) with be cheaper at some point. I'm in no hurry on either.

The funny thing is that while I do feel the desire to collect all the Amiibos, the fact that there are a few it seems I'll never get, I don't feel compelled to go all out on it. Nintendo is walking a fine line with having them be too readily available vs. too hard to get. The ones I've never even seen are Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, Lucina, Palutina, and maybe a few others I can't think of right now. Had I gotten all of those at some point, I'd probably keep this Wolf Link just in case. But without those, there's no point and I can take a chance that I can get it much cheaper.

Robin and Lucinda were hard to come by, I think most people got palutina from Amazon, others were late to the game or pretty oblivious.

Robin and Lucinda were hard to come by, I think most people got palutina from Amazon, others were late to the game or pretty oblivious.
I love how all the other "hard to get" ones that I managed to get are constantly restocked (I got Marth, Little Mac, and several others on their first runs by jumping on short-lived Best Buy preorders). Has Palutena ever been restocked? Granted I don't watch this thread daily, but it seems like Amazon could get a few more of those at some point. In general I've grabbed the ones I've seen discussed here when I check it every week or two. I just don't ever remember Palutena being a thing until well after the fact.

I love how all the other "hard to get" ones that I managed to get are constantly restocked (I got Marth, Little Mac, and several others on their first runs by jumping on short-lived Best Buy preorders). Has Palutena ever been restocked? Granted I don't watch this thread daily, but it seems like Amazon could get a few more of those at some point. In general I've grabbed the ones I've seen discussed here when I check it every week or two. I just don't ever remember Palutena being a thing until well after the fact.
I don't think it was restocked, but I think they were plentiful to the point that everybody who wanted one got one. Then they just went away and never came back, Amazon is weird with their exclusives.

I'm probably forgetting a couple, but to my knowledge Robin, Lucina & Palutena are the only ones that haven't had some type of restock.

i got into the amiibo craze a few months back, i have almost every one now thats been release and never paid more than retail.. but of course then the AC amiibos started having sales, now the skylanders bowser and DK have gone to half price (ugh; cuz i bought all 4 of the skylanders ones, 3 that came with a game and then turbo charge dk separately. Could've waited and got him and hammer slam bowser separately and then got the dark editions in their respective game bundles cuz one or both went on sale for cheaper too), and the triple pack ones like triple AC amiibo pack have dropped, its driving me crazy. lol But I know had i waited, they'd have become rare and impossible to find.

I guess that's the risk you take with things that become collectible fast. 

Too pricey for me. I think I am done with amiibo once I get Cloud Strife or unless they come pack in a game that I want.
I plan on finishing the Smash Bros set and calling it a day (that is, assuming they reprint Robin/Lucia) and need to figure out what to do with all the SM and AC ones. Nintendo is expanding this into territories that I thought I was interested but it's died quickly, especially since they're doing multiple lines for the same characters and with how they're releasing these.

There's no consistency in how they're doing these things. I mean, Mega Yoshi came out after Robin/Lucina and yet, it's getting a 2nd run before them... I'd think Robin/Lucina would have been easier to get to than Mega Yoshi since he's larger and cloth based. And I think Robin/Lucina got a 2nd run in Japan too already but not for NA...

It's funny how the amiibo hysteria died. It used to be that people would be up all night refreshing in hopes they could snag that rare figure and now no one really cares.

Nintendo should  turn  the table around and make amiibo's hard to find again.  1st day release every single stores have 10-20 units plus pre-order then OOP.  3-8 months later release 2nd print edition  with different poses then OOP again.  Done deal ;) lol

What rare figures tho? Less "no one cares," more there's no need to stay up and refresh. Plus this is cheapassgamer.com, after all. Our natural tendency is to put off a purchase until we can get the lowest price, provided stock holds out.

As a CAG who doesn't care to scalp, I'm fine with the way things are now. Gives "normal" people a chance to go in store with their kids and pick out what they want. It's nice.

What rare figures tho? Less "no one cares," more there's no need to stay up and refresh. Plus this is cheapassgamer.com, after all. Our natural tendency is to put off a purchase until we can get the lowest price, provided stock holds out.

As a CAG who doesn't care to scalp, I'm fine with the way things are now. Gives "normal" people a chance to go in store with their kids and pick out what they want. It's nice.
I've never once seen a kid buying these things

Yeah I think now is definitely better than back then.  People don't have to be stressed out over securing a preorder.  This is how it should be.

Also, we can actually wait for sales now if we want to (case in point the whole Animal Crossing line).

bread's done
Back