amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they will re-launch all of the Smash amiibo in the same packaging, or if they re-release everything with newly styled packaging.  Yikes. 

I don't think they will re-release everything considering most retailers have jettisoned the space.  I'm hope they just do Snake, Ridley, and a couple others.  The Treehouse display showed 4 slots with Ridley and the Splatoon being shown.

And the value for my still-sealed amiibos just shot up. I might actually flip a few of them. Either that, or my nephews are going to be getting a few extras with the Switch I eventually get them.

It wouldn't surprise me if they re-printed a few of the older amiibos. But I wouldn't expect them all at once. Nintendo will likely do staggered re-prints here and there. The supply will likely continue to be sporadic. With the larger install base of the Switch, it is likely that the demand for the Smash-specific amiibos will be higher than ever. (after the launch of the game, of course)

Daisy

Ridley

Inkling Girl

Inkling Boy

Ice Climbers

Snake

Young Link

Wolf

Pichu

Pokemon Trainer

Squirtle

Venusaur

My wallet...
I doubt they would do individual amiibo for Squirtle and Ivysaur on top of one for Pokemon Trainer, though I wonder how it'll work with Charizard. I'd also like to see MM Link reclassified by the new game as a Young Link amiibo, but that's just me.

Right now, I just need those Ripley preorders to go up at BBY.

Hi guys, it's me from Chile, I am currently on Los Angeles, for E3 expo, I would appreciate tips and deals on some amiibos ( I just bought a switch console last night).

Do you know any good deals around Koreatown? I think I have a GameStop nearby, but best buy is quite far.

Thank you in advance~

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Walked into the Target in Van Nuys, CA and found one of each Mario Odyssey wedding amiibo (Mario, Bowser and Peach). They rang up as $12.99 each, but I took them to Guest Services and price matched them to Target.com’s “clearance” price of $9.08 each.

Walked into the Target in Van Nuys, CA and found one of each Mario Odyssey wedding amiibo (Mario, Bowser and Peach). They rang up as $12.99 each, but I took them to Guest Services and price matched them to Target.com’s “clearance” price of $9.08 each.
Are you saying you got the last ones or are you saying how many of each you got and that there is more?

Are you saying you got the last ones or are you saying how many of each you got and that there is more?
I think I got the last ones of each at a random clearance end cap, but I didn’t check very thoroughly because I was in a hurry. There were a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibos there as well, so I guess it’s feasible there were other amiibo hidden behind them.

I think I got the last ones of each at a random clearance end cap, but I didn’t check very thoroughly because I was in a hurry. There were a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibos there as well, so I guess it’s feasible there were other amiibo hidden behind them.
Understandable. That is man. I was at best buy today and falco smash broad amiibo was 7.99. Would you guy normally jump on a price like this?

I would too... But I also grabbed Falco at like 3 bucks from BB. They occasionally have him on sale for even cheaper

Really now, 3 dollars? It says it is already on sale from 12.99, so are you saying that it goes even more on sale, so 7.99 is the normal price at BE?

Really now, 3 dollars? It says it is already on sale from 12.99, so are you saying that it goes even more on sale, so 7.99 is the normal price at BE?
Well with GCU it was like 3-4 bucks. Seriously. This was sometime last year. He does go even cheaper tho. I'm not recommending that you buy it or not buy it... Just merely informing you.

Well with GCU it was like 3-4 bucks. Seriously. This was sometime last year. He does go even cheaper tho. I'm not recommending that you buy it or not buy it... Just merely informing you.
I understand and am very greatful. I am taking in the info you are giving but would also.like to know what amiibo enthusiast veterans typically pay for something. I don't have GCU anymore and there is no renew. Was just wondering if 7.9o is a true sale.price or if it is the norm because I would like to purchase falco at a good price. Thank you for your help and support guys.

I've sadly been paying for amiibos at "full price" with gcu since it all started. A year ago a good amount of the amiibos were down to $5 and under with gcu. It was pretty frequent. Havent seen much hit around that range now. More towards $9 spread across all retailers.

$8 isn't bad. Just do the shipping then change to store pickup trick and get another $1 off. If you're unsure dont get it. It's not a must buy price. I tend to see falco,Ryu, and the animal crossing going on "sale". Just not the dirt low prices it once was.

Hi guys, it's me from Chile, I am currently on Los Angeles, for E3 expo, I would appreciate tips and deals on some amiibos ( I just bought a switch console last night).

Do you know any good deals around Koreatown? I think I have a GameStop nearby, but best buy is quite far.

Thank you in advance~

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
I don't know if you have many people in the area in this thread. The general advice I have is see if a Toys R Us is close enough. Palutena was under $2 and most stores seemed to have a lot in stock. She'll work with Smash Bros Ultimate when that comes out. As far as other big chains go most of the general information in this thread should hold true at them. I know there is a Target in LA somewhere but not how close it is to you. Amiibo sections are pretty small at most stores in my local part of the country, which I think is the same in most of the US.

It looks like there are a LOT of game stores in the city, they're probably at least worth calling to see if they have any Amiibo. Pricing can be a all over the map but if you're fine with opened figures to get use out of then you can find good prices. I know I've bought 3 or 4 used Amiibo for under $5 at my local places.

Just judging from a map it looks like your closest option is A & M Video Games.

For those collecting the Smash line in anticipation for the Switch game... Get em' while they're cheap:

ebay - Gamercandy

Ryu for $5.77 - Shipped

ebay - Gamercandy

Lucas $4.34 - Shipped

I probably sound like a shill for them by now, but this is pretty much the cheapest I've seen for those two. I've ordered from that store before and the figures have always arrived in a box.

Also, the store Five Below has been carrying a few amiibo for $5

Haven't been able to confirm it myself, but these were mentioned in the CAG thread:

Lucas

Palutena

ROB

Roy

I have gone to 4 5belows (alhambra, montebello, San dimas, pico rivera) since I heard on the 5below thread and i too cannot confirm it.

How much in USD?
Exchange rate fluctuates over time. I like to underestimate (ie expect to pay more than I actually will) with 100 yen = $1. When I add to cart, total with shipping to US is 2350 yen, so you can estimate $23 (likely a little less).

Exchange rate fluctuates over time. I like to underestimate (ie expect to pay more than I actually will) with 100 yen = $1. When I add to cart, total with shipping to US is 2350 yen, so you can estimate $23 (likely a little less).
Just did this and pre ordered MM11 from BB. The amiibo cost me a little more than $21. The stickers, patch, and cleansing cloth (plus shipping) were not worth spending nearly $70.

What's the best place to pick up the Japan-exclusive amiibos? Monster Hunter Stories and Qbby.
I got mine on Amazon US. Lots of third party sellers had them via Amazon shipping. The prices were fluctuating a lot but I paid around $70 for the 6 monster hunter and around $30 for qbby.

Does anyone have the Detective Pikachu game? I read online that the huge Detective Pikachu amiibo unlocks faster replay of cut scenes, but I was wondering if the regular Smash Pikachu did the same thing, or maybe something else... (Google wasn't much help on the 1st page or so, so I came here.)

I picked up 3 of the 6 Monster Hunter Stories amiibos for ~$49 on Amazon.  Now to wait for the other 3 to drop to a reasonable price, or go to Japan again.

So...has anyone seen the rerelease of Bokoblin yet? Apparently OoT Link, SSB Toon Link, WW Zelda, and SS Link were all approved for reprints but I haven't seen any. GameStop, Best Buy, nothing...

bread's done
Back