amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf Best Buy cancelled all my orders for my amiibos. I pre ordered when they released them. I’ll be so annoyed if I get cancellations. What should I do?

Been behind on collecting SSB amiibo, just placed an in store pickup at BB, but nearest store with Piranah Plant in stock is 160+ miles away?

Edit: Target had it in stock, so ordered for pickup.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Which amiibo did you order? I just received my orders of Ice Climber, King K Rool, Piranha Plant, Roy reprint, Cloud P2 reprint in the mail today.

Best Buy near me has tons of Charizard, Roy, and Cloud Player 2 amiibo

Just got back from Target and wow these amiibo sculpts look spectacular. 

King K Rool is huge and he's baller.  I was most excited for him and he does not disappoint. 

King-K-Rool-1.jpg

I'm shocked at how well Ice Climbers turned out.  They are probably the cutest amiibo to date.  This one is the surprise hit. 

Ice-Climbers-1.jpg

Even Piranha Plant is well-defined and quite attractive.  It surprised me how nicely this one turned out as well. 

Piranha-Plant-1.jpg

These are a few of my favorites in a long while.  I'm not happy about the new, higher prices but at least with the new figures they've maintained a higher quality. 

I preordered when they came out, but best buy sent me emails today that they're all out of stock. WTF?
Same here. I don’t know what the fuck is going on. It never happened to me before. It gives me the option to change store pick up but to anone that’s like almost in another state the fk. What do I do? Call customer service?

No, the most recent preorders to go up are the ones that are targeted for April 12th release (Young Link, Ken, and Daisy).
Thanks. I kinda figured, but was also a bit worried I missed an early chance. I did already get those three mentioned on preorder.

I was pleasantly surprised that the K Rool and Piranha Plant that I ordered from Walmart last month arrived today. I wasn't sure what to expect, given that I hadn't ordered Amiibos from them before and they had originally given me an expected arrival date of 2/20, but everything arrived in good shape, and was actually in a box.

I agree that these new Amiibos are of higher quality, too; K Rool feels especially hefty. I'm hoping the Amiibos of human characters will look better now, too, but I'm still waiting for Richter to be announced before I grab one.

Had some issues with my BB order as well (said it wasn't available/out of stock, then later it eventually did, but by then I had already gone to the store and just took them off the shelf, so just canceled the pick up), but in the end I managed to get all 3 of the new amiibo and finally got Cloud P2, so my smash collection is finally complete and up to date (until the next ones come out...)

I don't often visit this thread, as I've gotten pretty much all the ones I ever wanted, except for one. So if this has been asked, or mentioned, my apologies. With BoxBoy now coming to the NS, is there any chance we might get the BB Amiibo here in the states? I always planned to import one, and I was actually willing to pay the $50-$60 I saw it for at the time. Of course I spaced it, and now there in the hundreds, which is a no go for me, so of course, getting a US release is probably my only option at this point.

^ excellent question. I would like to think that with the new game that the US could see a boxboy amiibo release. that said it is a pretty niche title, and I am not sure how many people would have legit interest. do you know if it sold well in japan or was it just a low production run? I did the same as you and was looking on a few import sites earlier last year, but I forgot to keep track of it. the price seemed reasonable at the time for a rare import, then it went through the roof when I looked a couple of months ago. so fingers crossed on a release here. I have been checking other sites/boards since I saw the footage of the game from the last nintendo direct. I am really hoping for a 2 pack with a boxboy and boxgirl. 

I also need to jump on the monster hunter line as well. then my completionist ways will be current.  

^ excellent question. I would like to think that with the new game that the US could see a boxboy amiibo release. that said it is a pretty niche title, and I am not sure how many people would have legit interest. do you know if it sold well in japan or was it just a low production run?
From pretty early on when I first saw it, qty's didn't seem as high as some other imports, as this was only offered in Japan. Being a niche title, I'm sure these never made it to the high release line of figures.

I would have figured the amiibo would have been announced with the game. So I assumed we aren't getting it.
Yeah, I didn't think of that, but your probably right, as normally they mention new figures during the direct when first shown to go along with said games. I guess a reprint in Japan is possible, especially with the NS version coming there as well. So I'll just have to keep an eye out for that to happen, and hope it's not sold out in hours if it does.

Yeah, I didn't think of that, but your probably right, as normally they mention new figures during the direct when first shown to go along with said games. I guess a reprint in Japan is possible, especially with the NS version coming there as well. So I'll just have to keep an eye out for that to happen, and hope it's not sold out in hours if it does.
One of the amiibo's I really want as I love BoxBoy!, but I can't justify the import price as a CAG.

I've seen some saying their delayed bb amiibo are now shipping. I'm not sure what's going with them still. I received a king and piranha in this week, but I still have a delayed shipping on two in my purchases . *shrugs*

A bunch of amiibo are up on best buy for pre-order including some old smash and botw ones. The Twilight Princess one is fucked and won't let me use my debit card because the date is set as releasing on 2022.

One of my credit cards expires in 2022 and still wont let me lol
Yeah, the wolf link one has a release date of May 2022 and I still can't order it. Oh well. All my cards expire in mid 2022.

What is inventory like at stores today? My GS told me they only had 1 (Bayonetta P2, Ken, Wario, & Daisy,) plus 4 Young Link’s, & 6 Greninja.

Seems like everything is in stock at BB?
They did not get Wario, Greninja or Bayonetta. They had the rest from what I saw, with Young Link being in the highest numbers (20 or so), Ken next (maybe a dozen) the reprints next (maybe 6 each) then Daisy had the fewest (around 4). Basically the ones on the site with today's release date on top of whatever they already had in stock.

bread's done
Back