amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably won't sell out, it took a long time for the last ones. Definitely get them now in case they printed less and I'm wrong.

Cheaper to order from Amazon Japan then Gamestop. Just placed my order for both Amiibo for $45 shipped.

That's fine if you only want the other two, but if you want the dragon, it's been OOS on Amazon JP for the past 2 months.

Make the pain stop.
^This
My wallet is begging me to just go buy those knock-off NFC card versions of Amiibo since Nintendo doesn't seem to be interested in making official ones.

I don't mind the figures, but they take up too much space since I can't stack them; especially if they're still in the box.

Might pick up Spehiroth to go with Cloud, but meh. I should probably just dump the few I have on eBay since they'll never be used.

I want a sealed OOT Link (had to buy mine used off ebay). A Guardian would be pretty cool too. With the way these reprints go they will probably end up being some Gamestop exclusive rip-off price.

Speaking of ebay, the Animal Crossing Sanrio card packs have really come down in price. I was able to finally get a pack for $6.49 with free shipping. I think they retail for $5.99, so that's pretty good.

Last I checked they printed a ton of those and series 5. Stores near me had overflowing hooks. Target for sanrio and best buy for series 5.

Target had 2 on hooks that I saw. Does seem limited but not impossible to find. Reminded me I needed to cancel mine since I locked in just in case it was going to be bonkers for ROI. Not so.

One GS near me had 20+ Kazuya amiibos, the one nearby had 20+ sephiroth amiibos. Good distribution! I think they should be fairly common. They certainly printed too many of the Loftwing + Dread amiibos. 

I prefer picking out the an undented one with no sticker reside and no tax in-store  :razz:

So Europe and Australia vote the entire Fire Emblem Amiibo series reprinted with the release of Engage.  Anyone know a store from either area that would ship to the US?

For the first time since 2017, we can pre-order the Link Twilight Princess amiibo, and it seems to be GS exclusive again. :wall:

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-amiibo/products/the-legend-of-zelda-link-twilight-princess-amiibo-gamestop-exclusive/146880.html

I hope amazon doesn't get Skyward Sword Link as an exclusive again. Wasn't it just for prime members and generally smashed when delivered in a bubble mailer?
Hate to break it to you but since Best Buy has the Majora’s mask Link Amiibo (their exclusive) up, then it’s really looking like Amazon will have Skyward.

I went to my local Gamestop today, and they said you could preorder Pyra/Mythra in store, so I did so (even though they're sold out online at GS).  May be another option if you can't find a place online to preorder them.

Any one preorder the Twilight Princess and Tears Links from GameStop and see this message on their order?

"Status: Awaiting product availability"

Any one preorder the Twilight Princess and Tears Links from GameStop and see this message on their order?

"Status: Awaiting product availability"
They may have oversold. Or are waiting for another shipment. It may ship out from a store since the 48 hour hold for in store preorders ended so those will be up for grabs.

Does Nintendo continue to make more Amiibo based on demand? I didn't realize there was a sephiroth Amiibo and I'd rather not pay $40 for one so curious if there's a chance of a another run of these. 

Does Nintendo continue to make more Amiibo based on demand? I didn't realize there was a sephiroth Amiibo and I'd rather not pay $40 for one so curious if there's a chance of an another run of these.
Nintendo IP can get reprinted, but history has shown that non Nintendo do not. So Sephiroth will not be reprinted.

Thanks, that's good to know.
If you know anyone in NYC or are traveling there you can check the Nintendo store, they usually have the Amiibo on the shelves longer than other stores. In fact they had all the Link Amiibo reprints (Oot, TP, MM and Ww) plus the 8 bit Link which no other store got.

Figured out the GS problem. It's just that their website is broken. This message is there Our order update system is experiencing an outage. For updates, check the tracking number included in your shipping confirmation email

Of course, I don't have a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number, but one of my two items arrived.

Got the zelda 2pack from target and it was perfect in a box but had a sicker ripped off the front. A little cleaning and it looks new now.

Anyone else have their Wind Waker amiibo delayed by Target? Was hoping it was gonna come before end of the month but now it says 2nd week of June. 

i received my Wind Waker set from Target the other day. the package came opened and taped with clear packing tape. i can see it was cut opened. the shipping label and the Target brown tape got cut through. not stolen but the box is somewhat beat up and the amiibo box got corner damaged.

Don't normally post in the Amiibo thread, but felt like coming in here to vent.

Received my Tears of the Kingdom Amiibo from Best Buy on Friday in a friggin' paper mailer (No bubble wrap or anything inside of it).  I have NEVER received an amiibo in anything but a box, so I knew it was not going to be a pleasant experience.

[attachment=37941:X1iqzzHH.jpg]

Took it into my local Best Buy just now to do a return/exchange but not only were they sold out in-store and online, the employee (Who did go above and beyond, kudos to him) couldn't even find any in-stock at other stores in the city to have them ship it out to me.

It looks like I am stuck waiting/hoping for another reprint to get my Tears amiibo.  I am optimistic they will make more, but it's ridiculous that this was even an issue in the first place.

bread's done
Back