Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes this is one of the reasons I want to know more about the site it is a Spanish site so wouldn't it be using Peso currency? if so that'd be a more reasonable price I myself think it's sketchy.
Ah yes, I see that now... Now I'm curious as well.

After several tries, I managed to snag Pit from amazon.com, the original estimated delivery date was from Feb. 23rd to Feb. 26th.

I just checked and it now has Jan. 8th to 13th expected delivery. Here is hoping Pit from amazon.com, Go Amazon! F@k @ff TRU!

Is Fox really becoming /that/ rare? All local shops for me still have PLENTY of him in stock. I haven't really felt the need to jump on him yet, but I suppose if it's gonna happen I might as well go ahead as get him while I can. Don't want to mess up like I did with Villager. Target had Villager in stock, I looked and laughed at it's face and didn't buy it... I regret it now that I paid $50 for the dang thing.
The Nintendo website shows a recent production date for fox and it's certificate being renewed so it's possible they are reprinting him, who knows

If I don't have at least 50 notifications from this thread when I come to CAG, I start to worry.

Any word on wave 4 yet? I really want a Duck Hunt amiibo.

Try not to trip about Pit, he's lookin' like he won't be that difficult to acquire.

Comes in stock fairly frequently now, and seems to be lasting a little longer each time.

Had an interesting chat with a Nintendo World employee this morning, the way he explains the Amiibo inventory issues is this:

• Originally Nintendo shopped the toys around with the major retailers and asked for order demands
  • Basically all the major retailers, including Gamestop, didn't believe that these things would take off so only ordered enough to fill pre-orders for most amiibos with the exception of the common stuff like Mario/Peach etc
  • Nintendo didn't create a sizable order buffer for whatever reasons (demand was so low they didn't believe in it either, they didn't believe in amiibos who knows)
  • Amiibo craze takes off and the major retailers beg Nintendo for more
  • Nintendo tells them tough luck because they're in the middle of releasing wave 2 and production lead times have to be at least 3-4 months for a reprint

This would explain why the Target exec blabbed about there not being restocks (Nintendo can't do a reprint when they're suppliers are ramping up for the newer waves so for the retailers perspective, they're as good as gone) and why Nintendo produced so little of wave 1. I don't know shit about toy lead times but clothing is 6 months at best, 3 if you have everything in place and have a dedicated factory that only does things for you. I'd imagine Nintendo doesn't own the manufacturing and they're basically made in a generic toy factory in china that's co-shared with other brands. That means:

1) A reprint is probably not going to come until the 2nd half of this year

2) Hopefully the following waves will become increasingly easier to find as the major retailers jump on board

3) The store exclusive amiibos may be the rarest ones yet if stores only ordered as much as they got in pre-orders.
Eh, when it comes to Wii Fit Trainer perhaps, but Villager and Marth pre-orders were OOS on Amazon many months in advance. I remember because I then went on Best Buy's website and pre-ordered from them. The problem I think was that Nintendo short packed them (something like one Marth per box). It's fairly common for Toy sellers to do this with figures they don't think will sell very well. Here's a link explaining what short packing is: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shortpacking

People are getting into the swing of reselling. The guy I waited for little mac with at the Nintendo store was a GS employee next door and more or less said that if the stock came in when he was there, it would never hit the floor... then showed me 2 CP and one Pit as proof
Sounds like you fit in well with the other dbag GS employees

I got super lucky and snagged a Pit on Amazon, 1 click ordering saved the day. A reminder if you just got him that way, haven't used 1 click before, and have Prime: check the shipping type on the order after the fact, it may be set to Standard by default, so you'll need to change it manually to the correct (re: free) one.

I'm gonna continue to keep an eye on this for a friend though, hopefully get him one... (EDIT: Went back up and he got one, good going Amazon)

Really not holding my breath on TRU at this point, got what I really want from Wave 3 locked down at Gamestop. But hey, at best, maybe they'll keep cancelling and reissuing them until they're discounted down to two dollars. :B

Kept refreshing until Pit showed up again on amazon. got an order in and telling me delivery date of Jan 8th. Pit might as well be a real angel for as much as I actually expect to see one after all this

I'm going to hire an illegal immigrant or some kid in a sweatshop in Asia to sit there and refresh rosalina all day until it's back in stock

I'm going to hire an illegal immigrant or some kid in a sweatshop in Asia to sit there and refresh rosalina all day until it's back in stock
Wouldn't it be easier for them to be first into target grab one then sit there until you arrive like a amiibo paperweight

Im just super glad i preordered all of wave 3 when i did. This shit is ridiculous. I dont even remember PS4s being as hard to find as this damn angel figure, and that was a $400 gaming machine, not just a $13 toy...

Eh, when it comes to Wii Fit Trainer perhaps, but Villager and Marth pre-orders were OOS on Amazon many months in advance. I remember because I then went on Best Buy's website and pre-ordered from them. The problem I think was that Nintendo short packed them (something like one Marth per box). It's fairly common for Toy sellers to do this with figures they don't think will sell very well. Here's a link explaining what short packing is: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shortpacking
Amazon probably had to put their orders in months in advance for the amiibos so it would still make sense if they were out of stock. Plus Nintendo and amazon don't get along so I wouldn't be surprised if amazon just got whatever was left over after the other stores got their shipment

PS: -- FWIW, I'm the guy from AmiiboInquirer.com (if that adds any credibility!)

Target's site has glitched every once in a while to allow some pre-orders in, but the true plan is to not open pre-orders. There has been about 4 or 5 times when it's been open for a minute or two. Hopefully those get fulfilled!

I still go with my opinion, that Target just isn't opening pre-orders wildly to try and make the most available in-store as much as possible.
This has been my theory as well, be it glitch or no I don't think pre-orders have ever truly been open for her. I mean, even if each time 100 orders were placed(being generous as I think much less than that have occurred using CAG as a barometer), why only allow a few hundred pre-orders? Even the rarest of the rare Amiibo have way more units out there than that.

Throw in the timing people have ordered(11pm, 5am etc.), how random it's been each time(weekdays and weekends), how long she's been available(sometimes only seemingly being seconds!), plus other store exclusives were available for weeks at a time.

I just don't see pre-orders actually selling out all these times unless they only plan on having 1000 of her produced.

I think I need to start trying to snag Pit on Amazon.  My TRU order didn't get cancelled but I'm scurred, my BBY order of CF and Pit hasn't shipped yet, haven't seen him anywhere else...  :???:

Edit- Or not.  Apparently I missed that my TRU order shipped like nine hours ago.

Like I've said before, I'll be surprised if the store exclusive amiibos actually end up being rare (except for Shulk because rarity helps GameStop's business model).   The stores are sure to order a ton to drive sales to their chain (i.e. "Come buy Amiibos from us, we have the exclusive _____ amiibo that you can only get from our store!"), which means Nintendo should be making a lot of them (or at least, I would assume they'd manufacture based on how much stores are ordering, which is why WFT, Marth, etc are rare).  And since they are store exclusive, it doesn't really matter how popular the game is (to the store), just that no one else will carry that figure so they'll want a lot of them in stock.

Granted, scalpers will still descend on them, so after the first few days stock might get low.  Then it will just depend on whether Nintendo actually manufactures additional runs of those figures.

This also assumes Nintendo has figured out the manufacturing woes that seem to be plaguing wave 2 (rarity of the big three aside, there has been a ton of supply for wave 1 figures).

Like I've said before, I'll be surprised if the store exclusive amiibos actually end up being rare (except for Shulk because rarity helps GameStop's business model). The stores are sure to order a ton to drive sales to their chain (i.e. "Come buy Amiibos from us, we have the exclusive _____ amiibo that you can only get from our store!"), which means Nintendo should be making a lot of them (or at least, I would assume they'd manufacture based on how much stores are ordering, which is why WFT, Marth, etc are rare). And since they are store exclusive, it doesn't really matter how popular the game is (to the store), just that no one else will carry that figure so they'll want a lot of them in stock.

Granted, scalpers will still descend on them, so after the first few days stock might get low. Then it will just depend on whether Nintendo actually manufactures additional runs of those figures.
We're talking abou Nintendo here. The same company who refuses to release games like Mother 3 in the US because our money is no good to them and they dont want it. Id be surprised if they even have the intention to even produce the store exclusive ones. Meta Knight never existed, but here's 17 pegs full of Marios you might consider instead

We're talking abou Nintendo here. The same company who refuses to release games like Mother 3 in the US because our money is no good to them and they dont want it. Id be surprised if they even have the intention to even produce the store exclusive ones. Meta Knight never existed, but here's 17 pegs full of Marios you might consider instead
Mother 3 costs money to localize. And Earthbound sold like shit on the SNES. I'm not surprised they didn't bring it over. Basically, the same reason WFT, Marth and Villager are rare (except in those cases there is no expensive translations needed - the figures are all the same, so they *can* bring them over... they just don't want to waste money/manufacturing time on inventory that might not sell) :p

I honestly don't even blame them for not bringing it over. That said, I still have a slight suspicion their Earthbound VC release was partially a means to gauge interest in something like that (i.e. say, a Mother trilogy collection on 3DS or something). Probably wishful thinking :p

Anyways, the two points are largely opposite. Like I said, Nintendo is going to manufacture based on demand. In the case of Mother 3, that demand was deemed too low to bother (whether or not that is actually true). Ditto for those three amiibos (i.e. I doubt anyone but specialty places like Amazon and GameStop even bothered to order more than a handful of them). In the case of store exclusive amiibos though? I argue demand (and when I say demand, I'm talking about from stores wanting to put them on shelves) will be very high for the reasons I stated.

And I still think wave 2 might be a fluke - a perfect storm of manufacturing problems making inventory low, the holiday season, and panic over the whole "discontinued amiibo" thing. I think they would have liked stock to be higher (maybe Fox/Samus levels, with Zelda & Luigi being closer to Mario/Link/Pikachu levels), but they can't keep up with demand. Which is why I think we are seeing these spurts - stores will suddenly get a shipment of one or two characters in, but demand is so high that it sells out instantly (or it goes to fill still unfullfilled pre-orders).

This is all just me spit-balling though :)

This is all just me spit-balling though :)
Yep. That's all it is. I'm guaranteeing that you won't be able to find even Dedede instore before they get discontinued - one of the least popular Smash characters. Face the facts, unless you have a flaky pre-order, get used to spending 3-4 times MSRP for these things on Ebay

I expect wave 3 to be just as bad in store, (with exclusives being a total shitshow) but I think preorders will be fulfilled better due to the larger window between waves and retailers knowing what to expect.

I would guess retailers are being more conservative with preorders since there've been supply chain issues
Given how people are still finding Pit and Cap Falcon even though pre-orders sold out, I would be willing to bet that the same will happen during Wave 3... they'll continue to go in/out of stock at places.

My pit from tru shipped. Paid full price if that is any indication for others.
I also just got a tracking number and shipment confirmation from TRU for my Pit. I also paid full price and didn't take advantage of the B2G1 40%. Maybe that's the difference. Used a credit card, no PayPal or google checkout.

I also just got a tracking number and shipment confirmation from TRU for my Pit. I also paid full price and didn't take advantage of the B2G1 40%. Maybe that's the difference. Used a credit card, no PayPal or google checkout.
I used PayPal... So maybe it was full price that did the trick... No idea. It seems Al.most random to me unless cancelled orders report how they paid and if there was a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back