Amy Winehouse dead at 27.

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/23/singer-amy-winehouse-found-dead-uk-press-says/?hpt=hp_c1

Singer Amy Winehouse was found dead at her apartment in London Saturday, the UK Press Association reported. She was 27.

The "Rehab" singer had a history of battling drugs and alcohol and recently left a British rehabilitation program that a representative said was intended to prepare her for scheduled European concerts.

But she cut short the European concert tour in Belgrade, Serbia, last month after she staggered around the stage and stumbled through several songs.

I'm surprised she made it as long as she did. Another goes at 27.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm shocked! shocked! Well not really. It's a waste of talent, but like you said...[/QUOTE]

Yep. She was a pretty girl with the world ahead of her before the drug abuse. Addiction is an evil thing.

There's going to be so many people to make jokes (especially rehab jokes) and it's not funny, it's sad. She was very talented but couldn't overcome her demons. I did enjoy some of her music and I'm legitimately saddened by this news.

[quote name='Scorch']There's going to be so many people to make jokes (especially rehab jokes) and it's not funny, it's sad. She was very talented but couldn't overcome her demons. I did enjoy some of her music and I'm legitimately saddened by this news.[/QUOTE]Yup,I saw this on twitter and everyone is making jokes about how she should've gone to rehab.

Hate 2 hear this. Her voice was unique. I was eagerly expecting new songs. Maybe she has a few demo tracks that Ronson or Remi can push out. As good as the first 2 discs were she could have been a true beast with the right treatment. We'll never know. My condolences.

[quote name='Scorch']There's going to be so many people to make jokes (especially rehab jokes) and it's not funny, it's sad. She was very talented but couldn't overcome her demons. I did enjoy some of her music and I'm legitimately saddened by this news.[/QUOTE]

It's sad and tragic especially when one has opportunity to do almost anything and it is thrown away. I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay Lohan makes it to 27 just to die at the age like so many others have.

yeah im kind of shocked and not shocked at the same time. literally a week ago i was showing my sister some of her songs (which are very good) and what she used to look like and how shes been looking lately from all the drinking, drugs and just craziness. we even discussed that then next time we hear about it her she'll probably be dead so it was a little weird when i told my sister that she was actually dead. thats to bad she had a lot going for her.

Mixed feelings about this. She was very talented, but she basically looked in the face of that talent, and pissed all over it.

I know addiction is a "disease" but how much should I care about someone who squandered their talent and life.

Tragic sure. but she didn't care in the end. why should anyone else?

Awful news. Not surprising at all, and I wasn't really a fan of her music or anything, but I still feel really bad. Maybe it's because I'd always be reading about her on gossip sites. Just an awful shame.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It's sad and tragic especially when one has opportunity to do almost anything and it is thrown away. I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay Lohan makes it to 27 just to die at the age like so many others have.[/QUOTE]

Well, Lohan just turned 25 so we got 2 years for that. But she really isn't on that level of talent... maybe she would have been if she hadn't pissed it all away at what, like 18, 19 years old?

[quote name='DestroVega']Mixed feelings about this. She was very talented, but she basically looked in the face of that talent, and pissed all over it.

I know addiction is a "disease" but how much should I care about someone who squandered their talent and life.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a disease. It's a physical or psychological dependence.

[quote name='Clak']I don't know how anyone could be surprised by this.[/QUOTE]

Any surprise is just the fact it didn't happen sooner. I guess drug abuse is harder on some than others though. Look at Charlie Sheen, and wrestlers Scott Hall and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. They have abused their bodies for years yet they all made it past 40. Then look at some like Len Bias in basketball, IIRC he died the first time he snorted cocaine in his early 20's.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Any surprise is just the fact it didn't happen sooner. I guess drug abuse is harder on some than others though. Look at Charlie Sheen, and wrestlers Scott Hall and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. They have abused their bodies for years yet they all made it past 40. Then look at some like Len Bias in basketball, IIRC he died the first time he snorted cocaine in his early 20's.[/QUOTE]

yes but apparently he snorted coke so pure it would have killed anyone.

And you haven't ever heard anyone refer to addiction as a disease? I'm not saying I agree with that statement, but I've heard it called that many times over.

I don't know about anyone else... but if I have a disease, I get help for it from appropriate sources. If I don't anything that happens to me because of it becomes my own damn fault.

Nobody's "shocked," they're saddened by the loss of a wonderfully talented singer, why is that so impossible to understand? The girl was more famous for her drug use than her music, why the fuck would anyone be shocked? And that's a hell of a shame, because she was awesome.

[quote name='DestroVega']Mixed feelings about this. She was very talented, but she basically looked in the face of that talent, and pissed all over it.

I know addiction is a "disease" but how much should I care about someone who squandered their talent and life.

Tragic sure. but she didn't care in the end. why should anyone else?[/QUOTE]
This is not focused at you destro.

For my entire life this statement has made me want to murder people. fuck addiction and fuck anyone who tries to spin the inability to stop pouring vodka down your throat and needles in your ass to something like cancer.

I have unfortunately had the displeasure of watching a young healthy person waste away from an actual a disease...too bad that intervention show couldnt come and convenience his lungs from disintegrating.

The nerve of trying to compare someone who chooses to do things like that to their body to millions of kids lying in hospital beds dying. I guess we should tell them to stop going to the local brain tumor store so much and it will cure them. :roll:

Again not towards you Destro....

[quote name='DestroVega']yes but apparently he snorted coke so pure it would have killed anyone.

And you haven't ever heard anyone refer to addiction as a disease? I'm not saying I agree with that statement, but I've heard it called that many times over.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I have a problem with it. My aunt with brain cancer has a disease. My other aunt that died from diabetes seven years ago had a disease. My uncle that shoots heroin and snorts coke has an addiction. That's the way I see it.

[quote name='camoor']27 is kinda young, you have to live a hard life.[/QUOTE]
You know who Amy Winehouse is, right?:lol:

Had she and Keith Richards hooked up they would have created some sort of black hole of drugs and alcohol.

It's sad that she probably OD'd, but let's be honest with ourselves: it was only a matter of time and I'm sure she surrounded herself with enablers instead of people that tried to help.

from Soodmeg This is not focused at you destro.

For my entire life this statement has made me want to murder people. fuck addiction and fuck anyone who tries to spin the inability to stop pouring vodka down your throat and needles in your ass to something like cancer.

I have unfortunately had the displeasure of watching a young healthy person waste away from an actual a disease...too bad that intervention show couldnt come and convenience his lungs from disintegrating.

The nerve of trying to compare someone who chooses to do things like that to their body to millions of kids lying in hospital beds dying. I guess we should tell them to stop going to the local brain tumor store so much and it will cure them. :roll:

Again not towards you Destro....

:applause: Took the words right out of my mouth.

[quote name='Soodmeg']This is not focused at you destro.

Again not towards you Destro....[/QUOTE]you really don't know what you're talking about

Perez Hilton is, in general, an epic douche, but he wrote this sweet piece on Amy and how he'll remember her.

These ring particularly strong and this is honestly the kind of vibe I got from her: that she wasn't really a bad person, just really fucked up.
She was clearly troubled, but there was not an ounce of evil in her body. She was not a bad person. She just surrounded herself with bad people.

We remember all the times we spent with Amy and the thing she wanted more than anything else in this life was not fame and fortune but somebody to love her.

http://perezhilton.com/2011-07-23-perez-hilton-remembers-amy-winehouse

Not really sure why Perez is speaking in second person, but whatever. And he also constantly wrote shit about her. So I don't really know what to think. But taken at face value, it is a nice post.

Just to clarify, and I know no one was directing it at me, cause they clearly stated that, haha.

I've just heard addiction called a disease many times, and I know some people take offense, others take offense when some take offense, haha.

I'm just saying, I have trouble feeling sympathy for her. There comes a point you can just treat someone like in "Trainspotting", lock them in a room, make them kick the habit in pain, and hopefully get them real help to control their life and addiction.

She was rich, famous, she had ability to rise above this and never did. So while I find it tragic, I really can't feel anything for her.

It's a shame to lose anyone to their addictions, especially for the people who knew her and truly loved her.

[quote name='camoor']OK

Sad? Yes.

More newsworthy then the Oslo bombing? Hell no.[/QUOTE]

+1

Still, it was worth noting. She had an incredible voice but this appeared to be the inevitable end. Sad.

[quote name='camoor']OK

Sad? Yes.

More newsworthy then the Oslo bombing? Hell no.[/QUOTE]

Preach on. When I watch the news at night, I turn off the tv after the first story. My brain can't handle two different newsworthy happenings at one time.

This kind of deification and hero worship in this country is digusting. Every one of you disgust me.

A singer dies and everyone lines up to give fake, forced bullshit comments of sadness and sorrow when in fact no one really cares at all.

Why is it exactly so terribly sad and news worthy a singer died? There are hundreds of talented, smart, kind, generous and geniunely good people that die everyday in this country but no one gives a shit about them because they werent on tv. When my grandma dies no one will sing praises of her on tv because she isnt famous, but this chic dies and everyone is sad because this country considers celeberities better people and a higher class.

Sickens me how we fawn over celebs constantly and give them undue praise and treat them like they are better than everyone else that has a normal job.

Even like tiger woods everyone was talking about him for cheating on his wife and he was allover the news for doing the exact same thing thousands of men do in this country every year. Mel gibson humilliated and slandered everywhere over some drunken stupid remarks he made that thousands of other people do every year. And everytime a celeb dies everyone cant wait to say how sad they are and lie because they want to seem like a good celeb worshipper.

Whats worse is the dummies that will talk about how drugs are a horrible addiction and it wasnt her fault, it was the evil drug addiction that got her when thats false. Drugs are not addictive. Thats like saying cigarettes cause cancer which is false because if it was true every person who smoked would get cancer and they dont. Just like not every person that uses drugs becomes addicted. What causes addiction is a addictive personality.

The idiocy of the american people baffles me the way we put celebs on pedastals and treat them like they are a better breed simply because they are on tv or in a movie or sing on a stage.

She was no better or no worse than the guy who works the fry machine at mcdonalds, the prime minister of canada or my highschool principal. She was just a person we chose to act like was better than us.

[quote name='gargus']This kind of deification and hero worship in this country is digusting. Every one of you disgust me.

A singer dies and everyone lines up to give fake, forced bullshit comments of sadness and sorrow when in fact no one really cares at all.

Why is it exactly so terribly sad and news worthy a singer died? There are hundreds of talented, smart, kind, generous and geniunely good people that die everyday in this country but no one gives a shit about them because they werent on tv. When my grandma dies no one will sing praises of her on tv because she isnt famous, but this chic dies and everyone is sad because this country considers celeberities better people and a higher class.

Sickens me how we fawn over celebs constantly and give them undue praise and treat them like they are better than everyone else that has a normal job.

Even like tiger woods everyone was talking about him for cheating on his wife and he was allover the news for doing the exact same thing thousands of men do in this country every year. Mel gibson humilliated and slandered everywhere over some drunken stupid remarks he made that thousands of other people do every year. And everytime a celeb dies everyone cant wait to say how sad they are and lie because they want to seem like a good celeb worshipper.

Whats worse is the dummies that will talk about how drugs are a horrible addiction and it wasnt her fault, it was the evil drug addiction that got her when thats false. Drugs are not addictive. Thats like saying cigarettes cause cancer which is false because if it was true every person who smoked would get cancer and they dont. Just like not every person that uses drugs becomes addicted. What causes addiction is a addictive personality.

The idiocy of the american people baffles me the way we put celebs on pedastals and treat them like they are a better breed simply because they are on tv or in a movie or sing on a stage.

She was no better or no worse than the guy who works the fry machine at mcdonalds, the prime minister of canada or my highschool principal. She was just a person we chose to act like was better than us.[/QUOTE]

When the fuck did anyone say they thought she's better than them? It seems like you're the one, by making this post, who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Lighten up, Francis.

Though I'm not sure why I even bother respond to any of your posts in the first place.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']When the fuck did anyone say they thought she's better than them? It seems like you're the one, by making this post, who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Lighten up, Francis.

Though I'm not sure why I even bother respond to any of your posts in the first place.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you i dont think anyone thinks shes better than them or gives much of a shit. like i said its a waste of a voice which it is she had a great voice but will i lose sleep over her passing nope.

but to agree with gargus the whole tiger shit was crap since plenty of people male and female cheat on their spouses/ significant others on any given day the only difference is we dont have anyone looking to profit off of exposing the shady shit we do. that and people put this whole " role model" lable on him because he was a great golfer.

as far as i remember tiger never called himself a role model but for some weird reason when it comes to people who excell in diff things people like to place that burden on them . he was a rich guy with plenty of loose pussy coming his way how many can really say they could resist?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']

Though I'm not sure why I even bother respond to any of your posts in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, I'm not sure why anyone responds to his posts in the first place. I think if we ignore him he'll go away and die in a hole.

[quote name='gargus']Drugs are not addictive. Thats like saying cigarettes cause cancer which is false because if it was true every person who smoked would get cancer and they dont. Just like not every person that uses drugs becomes addicted. What causes addiction is a addictive personality.[/QUOTE]

ummmm.

[quote name='gargus']This kind of deification and hero worship in this country is digusting. Every one of you disgust me.

She was no better or no worse than the guy who works the fry machine at mcdonalds, the prime minister of canada or my highschool principal. She was just a person we chose to act like was better than us.[/QUOTE]
I like how this is posted, literally, in every celebrity death thread on the Internet.

I will give you credit for the "Drugs are not addictive" and "Cigarettes don't cause cancer", though. I gotta admit: I've NEVER heard ANYONE say that shit.

bread's done
Back