An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

I bought a ton of clearance items.

-PSP
Gunpey
Virtua Tennis
Mercury Meltdown
Wipeout Pure

-DS
Pac Pix
Metroid Prime Pinball

-GBA
Tales of Phantasia

-GC
Donky Konga w/ bongos

-PS2
Tales of Legendia
Suikoden Tactics

Just about off them came about $10 or less.
There may have been more, not sure.

anyone been to the TRU in South Philly? I haven't had a chance to get there yet and don't want to waste a trip if nothing is there.

[quote name='mguiddy']A while back I picked up :ps2: Suikoden Tactics for $10 - %10 and :ps2: Mega Man X Collection for ~$5 - %10.[/quote]

Anyone else score a Megaman X Collection? That's a really good price for it.

[quote name='gordonmj']Anyone have an opinion on Advent Rising or Aeon Flux? I know they both have c. 67% ratings at gamerankings. My TRU had plenty of both titles last time I checked and I'm wondering if they're worth even the few bucks they're going for now.[/QUOTE]
i think it's worth picking it up around $6 - $7 (after coupons and 20% off).
but if your store has a ton of it, you might wanna hold up, they might cut the price to $5 or so. who knows.

Picked up the Prey CE at Toys R Us San Juan PR for 8dollars. Gonan go to the Carolina Toys R Us to see if i can find Tony Hawk DS

Here's what I picked up recently w/20% additional off clearance. Some not previously mentioned:

Sopranos PS2 $7.98 $6.31 (w/$5 off coupon)
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror? PSP $7.98 $6.31 (w/$5 off coupon)
Lumines 2 PSP $7.98 $6.32 (w/$5 off coupon)
Gunpey PSP $7.98
Gunpey DS $7.98
Jumpstart: Spanish PC $4.38
Barbie: Pegasus (Sweet) PC $4.00
Pacman PC $4.00
Charlotte's WEB GBA $7.98 (Sales AD-Bratz Babyz & Nanostray)
Advent Rising XBOX $3.76

[quote name='topnotch97']i think it's worth picking it up around $6 - $7 (after coupons and 20% off).
but if your store has a ton of it, you might wanna hold up, they might cut the price to $5 or so. who knows.[/quote]

I could swear I saw Advent Rising down to 4.96 at a couple of my TRUs. Just a note: it's 5 @ Kmart (which is YMMV, too) and this week KMart has 30% off all clearance items. I got AR on a similar sale a few weeks ago. Haen't opened yet though so I can't recommend, but for 3.50 it's worth the gamble.

[quote name='guinaevere']
Nice find on Carbon CE!! Looks like I gotta check my TRUs again.

and as always, thanks Ben![/quote]

Good luck, guin. I got the only Carbon CE I've seen and I've been looking ofr another for a buddy. I called almost every TRU within the perimeter and reasonable distance beyond and got zeroes for Lost Planet CE and NFS Carbon CE. Most of them were nice and helpful so they probably actually looked. I didn't call Douglasville or anywhere further out that way.

Is there a trade thread for this as I see a lot of other clearance stuff that I could trade for LP?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it by searching clearance instead of Toys R Us or toysrus etc.

[quote name='neocisco']How much is Lost Planet and is it only the collector's edition?[/quote]

LP CE is 9.90 and the regular version is 39.99 like everywhere else.

Found these today:

Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (PSP) - 9.98
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA) - 9.90

I did a search in the older (December) TRU thread and saw the confusion between Capcom CC Remix vs. Reloaded. Remix is $9.98 and Reloaded was $29.99 in that old thread.

Went to TRU today and Reloaded is also marked down to $9.98. It was stickered and scanned as $9.98. Register automatically took off the 20% and I used the 15%-off coupon - $6.78 + tax. Did the same for KH CoM.

I can never remember which one is which :D I would have bought the new one if I'd seen it.

I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories too, and I hated the original game (despite wanting to like it).

freaking awesome.. FFIII for $20. I just got back from TRU and didn't see that.. I'm going right back. That'll be I,II,III,and IV leaving only V, and VI for my collection. Soon as that VII remake is done I'll have all the Final Fantasy I need. plus I picked up FF:CC for $8 at CC today.. what a good start to the weekend.

Popped into the Metro Mall TRU (Queens, NY) and picked up Lumines II, Gunpey PSP, WTF, and GT4 PS2.

I would love a copy of either Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded or Remix if anyone has extras ;)

[quote name='Wolfkin']freaking awesome.. FFIII for $20. I just got back from TRU and didn't see that.. I'm going right back. [/quote]FFIII will get an automatic 20% off and be sure to use the 15%-off coupon as the last day to use it is this Saturday.

I saw Hot Shots Golf Fore greatest hits price marked $8.50. I also picked up an extra copy of Suikoden V $6.78 after 20% discount.:)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Amped 3 (XBOX 360) $8.48 plus 20% off clearance. Should i buy it or not? how this game compared with SSX series ??[/quote]

yes...and buy more and sell one to me...i have been looking for that game on the cheapi would give $15 shipped

Some nice finds in that recent drop for tomorrow:

DS
Castlevania PoR 10.98

Playstation 2
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Okami 19.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

I'd be looking for AC Zero and Genji, myself.

sorry to ask, but does this work like the circuit city clearance? meaning that the game can have the original price tag in the shelf and it rings up for the clearance price @ the register? or does it have to have the clearance stickers on it?

[quote name='devildr1ver']sorry to ask, but does this work like the circuit city clearance? meaning that the game can have the original price tag in the shelf and it rings up for the clearance price @ the register? or does it have to have the clearance stickers on it?[/quote]
Depends on the TRU. It should ring up at the correct price in the register, regardless of what the shelf tag has on it. Some TRU's will clearance tag the clearance games with the right price.

For the GTA Trilogy pack, are the games the original ones (like how the first gta had a mission where you shoot down a plane, dunno if anything was edited in VC, hot coffee in SA)?

as always! thanks benboxer!!!

I don't think I've seen Castlev PoR (DS) in my TRU. Might check today if they at least have it behind their glass case.

[quote name='topnotch97']as always! thanks benboxer!!!

I don't think I've seen Castlev PoR (DS) in my TRU. Might check today if they at least have it behind their glass case.[/quote]

Every TRU in my area has several PoRs. No DoSs anymore though. . . :bomb:

PoR is usually out on the shelves and not in the glass case at all of the TRUs here.

Ill pick up a PoR and return it to CC since I got it at 16.98 there two weeks ago. Have seen the DMC packs in my area, too.

Thanks Benboxer!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Every TRU in my area has several PoRs. No DoSs anymore though. . . :bomb:

PoR is usually out on the shelves and not in the glass case at all of the TRUs here.

Ill pick up a PoR and return it to CC since I got it at 16.98 there two weeks ago. Have seen the DMC packs in my area, too.

Thanks Benboxer!!!!!!!!![/quote]

CC has a 33% off clearance sale going on now... you could get PoR adusted down to $11.36...

Im going to see if I can print out the full list of clearance RZone stuff tomorrow. I tried to do it before I left today but the page was taking a looooong time to load so I just left.

Was anyone sucessful picking up Okami? Mine was picked clean. Found 1 MGSPO, but when it scaned it came up as $19.98. Is it $9.98 or $19.98, if it is the latter then the op must be fixed

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Was anyone sucessful picking up Okami? Mine was picked clean. Found 1 MGSPO, but when it scaned it came up as $19.98. Is it $9.98 or $19.98, if it is the latter then the op must be fixed[/QUOTE]

OP says clearance starts on Monday the 3rd, so...

[quote name='FatBoyInside']OP says clearance starts on Monday the 3rd, so...[/quote]

oh...doh! I should read more crefully next time. Anyway, only one store around me (which is still far) has a few copies. Guess I will be heading there tomorrow.

I'll look for:

Castlevania PoR 10.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2 15.98-17.98

Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98

Okami 19.98

Nice price on Okami as that's the first significant price drop. Do they price match? I bought the DMC 5th Anniversary Collection a couple of weeks ago from there for 30 since I couldn't find it at any CC's.

I really would like Suikoden V if anyone has a spare or could pick one up for me. I have a ton of stuff available FT, including everything below...except the Stick ;)

Got all these the other night at TRU, most of these are NOT in the OP:
:psp:
Infected $8.48 ($6.78)

:ds:
Trace Memory $5 ($4)
Polarium $2.50 ($2)

:ps2:
Drakengard 2 $7 ($5.60)
Cold Winter $5 ($4)
Kengo $3.50 (Just noticed 20% not applied):bomb:
Arc The Lad End OF Darkness $7.50 ($6)

And last but not least I got an Xbox Wireless Combat Arcade Stick by Intec for a whopping:
$2.40!!!:hot:

Just got back from mine. Mega Man ZX was 16.98 + 20% off so that was nice, but sadly Castlevania PoR was 19.99 + 20% off and Okami was 39.99 plus 20% off.

[quote name='trunks982']TRU is open today on Labor Day?[/quote]What retail store isn't open on Labor Day?

Okami is tempting, but I think at this point I'll wait to see if rumors of a Wii version pan out.

bread's done
Back