An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

Visited a few Philly TRUs...only noteworthy thing was that the Castor location has at least five Magellan Roadmate 2000's at $159.98.

Okami scanned at $39.99 everywhere.

Anyone else's TRU get new price checkers? The ones I see now are in full color with a small TV sized LCD, the problem is the scanning is horrible. It only picked up about half the UPC's I printed out and some games out of the R-Zone I held under the scanner didn't scan at all.

[quote name='MightySlacker']They were still full price. if they were clearance, they wouldn't have been there. Unfortunately you hav eto hit Boardman fast, or the owners of Splitstone Entertainment in hermitage will buy any and everything there. Not unlike a plague of locusts

Dave[/quote]
Seemed like EVERY store in Boardman was cleaned out. Now I know why.

Now I know not to bother with Boardman, which is fine by me since it's a bit out of the way, the drive up 11 is boring as hell, and the traffic is a pain.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Anyone else's TRU get new price checkers? The ones I see now are in full color with a small TV sized LCD, the problem is the scanning is horrible. It only picked up about half the UPC's I printed out and some games out of the R-Zone I held under the scanner didn't scan at all.[/QUOTE]

Huh? None, and by that, I mean absolutely *zero*, of the TRUs in this (Detroit) area have price scanners in their "R Zone" for public use. I seem to remember there being one or two at one one time I went a few years back, but they were *quickly* gone, and haven't returned since.

In fact, the only way to check prices is to have an employee do it.

Sigh...

[quote name='boagman']Huh? None, and by that, I mean absolutely *zero*, of the TRUs in this (Detroit) area have price scanners in their "R Zone" for public use. I seem to remember there being one or two at one one time I went a few years back, but they were *quickly* gone, and haven't returned since.[/quote]
That's why you print out a sheet of UPCs at home and use the price scanners out in the main store area.

Yeah, the color price scanners are very picky. Seems to use flowery red light pattern. Requires like a very flat paper to scan properly, and totally black UPC bars. Also, makes a loud *bringp* sound when it scans something.

There was one TRU which had the scanner in the R-Zone, but it refused to scan any of the games in the plastic anti-theft cases, so it was pretty useless.

[quote name='Ace!']I still need COD2!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Just picked up COD2 with DVD at target for 19.99 XBOX 360. Green Bay Wisconsin.

Just a heads up guys- 20% off clearance is over and will not be replaced with any greater discount (that I know of at this point). The deal is not on the store's master deal list for Sunday Sept 9th, and using a scanner this morning, no discount was mentioned as before.

If anything new comes up, i'm sure myself or another TRU employee will let CAG know what it is.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Just a heads up guys- 20% off clearance is over and will not be replaced with any greater discount (that I know of at this point). The deal is not on the store's master deal list for Sunday Sept 9th, and using a scanner this morning, no discount was mentioned as before.

If anything new comes up, i'm sure myself or another TRU employee will let CAG know what it is.[/quote]

Crap was gonna go to TRU today too >.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Anyone else's TRU get new price checkers? The ones I see now are in full color with a small TV sized LCD, the problem is the scanning is horrible. It only picked up about half the UPC's I printed out and some games out of the R-Zone I held under the scanner didn't scan at all.[/quote]

Yeah, and they suck at sanning. It takes me 5 minutes to get the thing to clock me in/out everyday.

[quote name='SleepyBum']That's why you print out a sheet of UPCs at home and use the price scanners out in the main store area.[/QUOTE]

This would be helpful if there *were* any price scanners in the main part of the stores, but there aren't. It's not just in the "R Zone" that they don't have scanners...in the Detroit area, if you want a price checked, you *must* take it to an employee at an open register.

All too often, it's just not worth the trouble.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Just a heads up guys- 20% off clearance is over and will not be replaced with any greater discount (that I know of at this point). The deal is not on the store's master deal list for Sunday Sept 9th, and using a scanner this morning, no discount was mentioned as before.

If anything new comes up, i'm sure myself or another TRU employee will let CAG know what it is.[/quote]

Wow, that's retarded. They still have a lot of junk that didnt sell on clearance. They have to bring it back or drop prices to get rid of the rest of it. Oh well thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Wow, that's retarded. They still have a lot of junk that didnt sell on clearance. They have to bring it back or drop prices to get rid of the rest of it. Oh well thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Or they'll penny it and junk it on Monday and write it all off.

[quote name='sp00ge']Or they'll penny it and junk it on Monday and write it all off.[/quote]

are you serious? :lol:

seriously, TRU could at least clearance it further, it's not like a single endcap space would accomodate all the clearance stuff.

besides, some of those clearance toys from last year (around Aug `06) is still in my local TRU.

i haven't seen the new releases at TRU lately. 1 out of 5 maybe. They didn't even have Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, Atelier Iris 3, Hack GU Vol. 2, and some other newer releases. I think Rogue Galaxy was the last rpg they've stocked up on. And ive been seeing a ton of parappa for psp at each store.

Last time i checked, they still sell Disgea 2 for $49.99! Holiday game shopping at TRU will be less this year i suppose.

[quote name='topnotch97']are you serious? :lol:

seriously, TRU could at least clearance it further, it's not like a single endcap space would accomodate all the clearance stuff.

besides, some of those clearance toys from last year (around Aug `06) is still in my local TRU.[/quote]

It's happened before... mass penny/junking of old stock. But with the holiday season quickly approaching, space is going to be at a premium for new merchandise. With the new company in charge of things, who knows what they'll do.

YMMV, but it seems like more markdowns are taking place, but it depends on your Rzone's manager I think.

Saw the following games yesterday at Minnetonka,MN with big red tags on them:

:ps2:
Metal of Honor Euro Assualt $2.90
Pimp My Ride $2.90

:xbox:
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $0.90
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $1.90
Scarface $7.90

:360:
Chromehounds $8.90
NBA 06 $4.90(?)

:psp:

Miami Vice $1.90

There were more games marked down as well.

Wow. I'd sure try Medal of Honor for $3!

Miami Vice is supposed to be good. So obviously for $1.90... :D

Now THAT truly is an impulse purchase price.

I did notice the assortment of crap PC games they've been peddling (the ones that popped up in a shipper's display late last year) were slashed. Konami Classics, for example, was $1.98.

No go for Oakmi at my store either - still $39.99. But i did snag a copy of Sega Genesis collection for PSP for $14.99 (it was actually labeled at that price).

I'm not sure if it's already been said, but when I went to TRU I saw Disgaea 2 for $25.98. (Got myself a copy of it too)

Now if only mine also had a copy of Okami....

[quote name='WhiteLens']I'm not sure if it's already been said, but when I went to TRU I saw Disgaea 2 for $25.98. (Got myself a copy of it too)

[/QUOTE]
If your Kmart has this, you could have bought it for $17.50 during the extra 30% off clearance prices recently.

[quote name='WhiteLens']I'm not sure if it's already been said, but when I went to TRU I saw Disgaea 2 for $25.98. (Got myself a copy of it too)

Now if only mine also had a copy of Okami....[/quote]
I mentioned it earlier when they still had the 20% off still going on and got it for $21, either way, great price for that game

I picked up 2 Castlevania: PoR today, i was hoping to snag a copy of NFS Carbon for the Xbox360, PM me if anyone wants one.

Edit: Chromehounds is $14 at a TRU near me.

[quote name='life.exe']Shadowrun is $30 at my TRU, not sure if there was a price drop recently or not though so I dont know if its a deal or not.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Shadowrun dropped to at least $40 at all retailers that pay attention.

I went looking for PS3 Fight Night all over and couldn't find any.....though I did locate PS3 Tiger Woods 07 for 16.98. Woodbridge, NJ in case anyone is dying for it.

BTW, my 1st CAG post.

TRU on Army Trail in Bloomingdale, IL has a few copies left of FF III at 19.98 as of last night. And then the odd assortment of other clearance games no one really wants.

Bomberman Land Touch? Definately the best I've heard for it. Thanks for the info, Mike!

And welcome, AoA. Good luck finding Fight Night.

[quote name='Josef']Me & My Katamari (PSP) was $8.48 today, though I believe that may have been part of a much older clearance.[/quote]

yea it is, nice find. When that first went on clearance, I couldn't find it at any of the TRUs around me

[quote name='erehwon']Any news on these dropping at more TRU stores? I'm planning on dropping by my TRU tomorrow to check. I'm really wanting Okami.[/quote]

the later in the year it gets, the closer to better sales there will be a tru but if you can't wait just keep coming to this thread as more news will come

Picked up King Kong for the 360 for $9.90 at the Fayerdale...uhh...excuse me Fayetteville GA TRU. (Sorry little joke there for those of us who live in the area. ;) )

Still TONS (i.e. 25+ copies) of Lumines II.

Did get my hopes up when I saw a big stack of 20% clearance flyers but the guy said that was for the previous one and ended (as we know).

i've seen used scratch cards lying around in some stores. so i guess it's still on.

i wasn't interested in those anyways. LOL!!

[quote name='pentapenguin']Ack! Are they still doing that? I didn't see any nor did the guy offer me one.[/quote]

Yes, it doesnt end until the 29th.

[quote name='velvet396']no TRU news? i actually had to search for the thread.[/QUOTE]

You mean other than several stores in my area having a *ridiculous* number of Lumines II (PSP) in their clearance bin priced at $9.98? I kid you not: I actually went to the trouble of counting the number that one local store had, and they had *39* copies just sitting out there in the clearance bin. Yeah, like they'll sell all those...like they'll even come *close*.

They also had Gunstar Super Heroes for $4.XX, but I already own that game, doggone it.

[quote name='boagman']You mean other than several stores in my area having a *ridiculous* number of Lumines II (PSP) in their clearance bin priced at $9.98? I kid you not: I actually went to the trouble of counting the number that one local store had, and they had *39* copies just sitting out there in the clearance bin. Yeah, like they'll sell all those...like they'll even come *close*.

They also had Gunstar Super Heroes for $4.XX, but I already own that game, doggone it.[/quote]
The TRU near the Beaver Valley Mall in PA has a shit ton too. My guess is they saw how great Lumines sold and thought, "Lets stock as many of the sequel as we can!" :lol:

bread's done
Back