An OTT portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PlumeNoir']If YF360G doesn't send B:RB tomorrow, I'll be very sad inside.[/QUOTE]

I know you've opened your 360. As to why you didn't :cool: while you were in there... :dunce:

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i wanna learn mexican spanish.

i hate the way spanish spanish sounds, i want to punch them so bad when they talk.[/QUOTE]

And yet... you live in Paris and can tolerate French? D:

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i wanna learn mexican spanish.

i hate the way spanish spanish sounds, i want to punch them so bad when they talk.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

'Eebetha'

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I know you've opened your 360. As to why you didn't :cool: while you were in there... :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Because I'm 2legit2quit.

I also have a child that I'm trying to, you know, pass on morals and stuff to. I've grown very self conscious of what I do now...

For example, I have this bad habit of refering to women as "chicks." The first time I heard him say, "There's some chick at the door," I was mortified.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']And yet... you live in Paris and can tolerate French? D:[/QUOTE]

French is a great language, though the grammar and pronunciation is brutal.
There are french people, and then there are parisians. not the same thing.

Some days I can't stand Parisians, other days I can't stand the french.
But I always love: wine, cheese, pastries, parks in Paris, sundays, the buildings.

But I almost only play Steam games with UK peeps, because I can't stand Frenchies in TF2, they bitch so much.

[quote name='Mojimbo']French is an awesome language. He's right, Castilian Spanish is awful, especially the "th" sound.[/QUOTE]

I prefer it, actually. I loved listening to Argentinians talk while I was there. They do it right.

[quote name='Maklershed']There must be another blu-ray sale in the works at Amazon. All the blu-rays in my cart are bumping up by $2-$10.[/QUOTE]

Ghostbusters dropped back to 12.99, but NCFoM and Coraline went up like 1.5-2$.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']they're also cold as ice.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth. I asked my German friend the difference between German girls, French girls, and English girls. He said German girls were ugly, French girls were beautiful, but full of themselves, and English girls looked like they could survive a hard winter.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']FYI, I'm pretty sure "spanish spanish" is Castillian.[/QUOTE]

noted.

What's mexican spanish called?

[quote name='Sleepkyng']noted.

What's mexican spanish called?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Mexican... it's an off-shoot dialect of Castilian, but not necessarily named.
[quote name='wikipedia']
While all Spanish dialects use the same written standard, there are important variations spoken among the regions of Spain and throughout Spanish-speaking America. One major phonological difference between Castilian, broadly speaking, the dialects spoken in northern Spain, and the dialects of southern Spain and all the Latin American dialects of Spanish, is the absence of a voiceless dental fricative (/θ/ as in English thing) in the latter.[34] In Spain, the Castilian dialect is commonly regarded as the standard variety used on radio and television,[35][36][37][38], although attitudes towards southern dialects have changed significantly in the last 50 years. In addition to variations in pronunciation, minor lexical and grammatical differences exist. For example, loísmo is the use of slightly different pronouns and differs from the standard.
The variety with the most speakers is Mexican Spanish, spoken by about a fourth of Spanish speakers.[/QUOTE]

My Spanish 1002 teacher in college was Argentinian [Edit: Argentine]. She was petite, freckled, hot, and could eat her weight in steak.

fuck woke up at noon today.

I would like to visit foreign speaking nations but I would first want to at least speak some of the language. I don't want to be another American douchebag that expects everyone to speak perfect English where ever I go.

[quote name='seanr1221']I love when I only have to drive 10 minutes to work.[/QUOTE]

That's always nice. The closes I've worked from home was 5min. away, I used to go home for lunch all the time. Only lasted 2 years though :whistle2:(.

I currently have a ~20min-30min drive depending on traffic. Not too bad.

[quote name='flowery']Just started the new season of Weeds and the first episode was awesome.[/QUOTE]

This whole season was awesome, just wait till you get to the cliffhanger season finale...that shit is nuts!

When Cheapy was in NY for the Howard Stern thing, Wombat advertised the meetup at some restaurant on twitter and only one person showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back