Android App 10 Days $0.10 Sale (12/06/2011 - 12/15/2011)

Locky

CAG Veteran
10B_D01_US_web.jpg

Google is running a special promo for reaching 10 billion downloads. They've marked down several premium apps to ten cents including a few games and some very useful apps. The current theory is that the apps will change on a daily basis so grab it today if you want anything.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day Cinco:

Day Six:

Day 7:

Day The Ocho:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so! I found out how to trick your account to thinking it has an android device.

The only problem is you have to know someone that will let you use there android phone.

Shadowgun does look really nice. I also got Dead Space for free from a promo that was going on. Anyone with and Xperia Play should look into the ea/sonyericsson free game promo, and use can get Hot Pursuit, and Shift 2, Battlefield BC 2, and Dead Space for free.

Don't have an Android device. I'd like to pick these up while they're cheap, but it won't let me without an android device. I'm sure that there's a way around this (like I was able to get around Amazon's requirement that you synch an android device) but I just can't be bothered with the hassle.

No biggie. I already own Minecraft on the PC and I'm sure that most of the rest will become available on Amazon sooner or later.

Good deal for those who can take advantage of it though.

my info was incorrect on g-wallet, and so my order for swiftkeys was cancelled. i've updated my g-wallet info but now when i try to make the purchase, the app says "install" and not "purchase". any idea what i can do? tried shutting down the phone but no luck. according to g-wallet i have not been charged.

[quote name='basis']my info was incorrect on g-wallet, and so my order for swiftkeys was cancelled. i've updated my g-wallet info but now when i try to make the purchase, the app says "install" and not "purchase". any idea what i can do? tried shutting down the phone but no luck. according to g-wallet i have not been charged.[/QUOTE] I accidently uninstalled the paid version of an app instead of the demo version and I was refunded. I couldn't repurchase the app because every time I clicked "install" it said that I did not purchase the app. If it's anything like that, then just wait an hour or so and you will be able to purchase it. That's how it went down with me.

I'm still using a device with Android 1.5. My device is not recognized at the Android Market (only Android 1.6 and above).

But I'm planning to buy a new phone in a couple of months. Is there a way to purchase the games right now and download them later?

Thanks.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I'm still using a device with Android 1.5. My device is not recognized at the Android Market (only Android 1.6 and above).

But I'm planning to buy a new phone in a couple of months. Is there a way to purchase the games right now and download them later?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This thread is only 3 pages long, you seriously can't go back and see if someone already asked that?

I am having trouble purchasing any of the games on my market app on my phone and on the Android Marketplace website. It keeps saying "We're sorry. com.google.checkout.generic.FORBIDDEN" Anyone else having this problem?

I guess my phone sucks. The 2 I really wanted were Paper Camera and MineCraft and I can't download either. I can DL 7 out of the 10, those 2 and Asphalt don't show up on my phone, and by going to the app store from my computer they tell me my phone doesn't support it.

No Fieldrunners on my Samsung Epic. Picked up Paper Camera and Endomondo already. Maybe I will add Asphalt and Great Little War Game when I get home.

Bought Asphalt and Swiftykey. Just got a Galaxy S2 on Black Friday so this was perfect for me. Can't wait to see what else they bring out! Thanks OP.

[quote name='KtMack23']This will work with Android Tablets right? Getting this for my Galaxy Tab 10.1[/QUOTE]Go to the app's Market page after you've logged into your Google account. It'll tell you if it'll work with your device or not.

[quote name='KtMack23']Ya I bought all of them except the Sports Tracker lol[/QUOTE]

Thats the first one i bought. its great if your into working out and running.

[quote name='aots16']Thats the first one i bought. its great if your into working out and running.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't have android phone. I'm buying them for my Galaxy Tab 10.1, which I usually don't take jogging with me haha.

I got most I think from Amazon for free. I usually tend to check to see if the apps are even on Amazon before I buy. With them being 10 cents I decided I would just buy 2 of them. Thanks OP.

Got minecraft. Still have no idea how to play it lol. Some of the others were paid apps of the day. But 10 cents is cool

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Anyone who plays Minecraft know how I get my torch lit?

Also are there going to be more games on sale tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, there will be 10 different apps daily for at least 9 more days, which should include Fruit Ninja, Tetris, and Need for Speed Shift, if the promo image in the OP's post is any indication.

[quote name='mac101010']If I'm not mistaken, there will be 10 different apps daily for at least 9 more days, which should include Fruit Ninja, Tetris, and Need for Speed Shift, if the promo image in the OP's post is any indication.[/QUOTE]

Ah good. NFS Shift demo was cool so I might get that.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Anyone have andoid on there HP touchpad and is able to buy these games?[/QUOTE]I used my pc to access the marketplace and it details which of your devices are compatible and which aren't. It specifically lists my touchpad, which is supposed to work with all of them.

Thanks for the post! I picked up the first 7 listed. At this rate, I'll purchase 70 apps for $7. Which is about the price Minecraft alone goes for. Pretty cool.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I used my pc to access the marketplace and it details which of your devices are compatible and which aren't. It specifically lists my touchpad, which is supposed to work with all of them.[/QUOTE]And now that I check a few apps I've found that Asphalt states my device doesn't support it and to request a refund. I WANT MY TEN CENTS BACK!!! Also endomondo force closes at launch.

[quote name='TheHelix']Picked up Minecraft. Unfortunately fieldrunners is not available for att.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? It says my Inspire is compatible. I'm pretty sure I've had it on my phone before.

Skipped on Fieldrunners, have it on my PSP and it really isn't that good. Did get plenty of the other apps, 10 cents is a no brainer.

Amazon is matching these on their app store. They don't have everything, but I picked up a couple apps for my kindle fire.

So how can I do this with a friend's phone? I don't have an Android phone yet on my Google account so it won't let me buy anything. I tried having a friend log into my account from his Android phone, but it still says "There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account" when I try to buy something from the Android Market from my PC. I even had my buddy download a free app while logged into my account.

I've been trying all night to get the emulators to work with no luck also, closest I came was a 1.5 version that sorta worked, but of course all the apps I want are 2.1 and up.

EDIT: Never mind it eventually worked and registered my friends phone on my account, took like 30 minutes to update though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really disappointed that I can't purchase minecraft for later, it is incompatible with my phone and I can't purchase it now and use it when I have a better phone. :/

I wish I could buy some of these now, but I won't have an android phone until Friday...hoping for a workaround like some of the others that posted above me

Soundhound is amazing. The free version does not give you the widget which is the main reason I like it so much. for .10 its def a great buy! I got swiftkey for free off amazon awhile ago. It's not a bad keyboard but, if memory serves correct it doesn't work with Swype. I could be wrong or maybe they added a patch since. Once I started using Swype I can't go back.

I really wish Google would remove their ridiculous requirement that you have a device registered that is supported by the app before purchasing it. Some of these won't run on my crappy Virgin Mobile phone, but they will run on the tablet that I'm planning to pick up soon.

Are you too good for my 10 cents, Google?!?

[quote name='Brownjohn']Amazon is matching these on their app store. They don't have everything, but I picked up a couple apps for my kindle fire.[/QUOTE]I am looking, but I do not see anything.

Link?

bread's done
Back