Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Games

Ticket to Ride – $2.99 from $6.99

Small World 2 – $2.99 from $9.99

Secret of Mana – $3.99 from $9.00

McPixel – $0.99 from $2.99

The Room Two – $0.99 from $2.99

Hey, That's My Fish! – $0.99 from $2.99

Crystal Defenders – $2.99 from $6.99

CHAOS RINGS – $3.99 from $7.99

CHAOS RINGS Ω – $3.99 from $8.99

DRAKERIDER – $5.89 from $14.73

CHAOS RINGS II – $6.99 from $15.99

Bridge Constructor – $0.99 from $1.99

Bridge Constructor Playground – $0.99 from $1.99

Bridge Constructor Medieval – $0.99 from $1.99

Doodle Devil – $0.99 from $1.99

Angry Birds Star Wars HD – $0.99 from $3.99

Beat Hazard Ultra – $1.10 from $4.99

Deus Ex: The Fall – $0.99 from $6.99

Wubbzy's The Night Before Christmas – Free from $2.99 (Amazon)

Swiped from Android Police

Here's a couple they miss:

Big Action Mega Fight! $0.99

AntiSquad Tactics Premium $2.99

Anybody play Deus Ex on the phone or tablet? How are the controls? Is it any good?

Games
Ticket to Ride – $2.99 from $6.99
Small World 2 – $2.99 from $9.99
Secret of Mana – $3.99 from $9.00
McPixel – $0.99 from $2.99
The Room Two – $0.99 from $2.99
Hey, That's My Fish! – $0.99 from $2.99
Crystal Defenders – $2.99 from $6.99
CHAOS RINGS – $3.99 from $7.99
CHAOS RINGS Ω – $3.99 from $8.99
DRAKERIDER – $5.89 from $14.73
CHAOS RINGS II – $6.99 from $15.99
Bridge Constructor – $0.99 from $1.99
Bridge Constructor Playground – $0.99 from $1.99
Bridge Constructor Medieval – $0.99 from $1.99
Doodle Devil – $0.99 from $1.99
Angry Birds Star Wars HD – $0.99 from $3.99
Beat Hazard Ultra – $1.10 from $4.99
Deus Ex: The Fall – $0.99 from $6.99
Wubbzy's The Night Before Christmas – Free from $2.99 (Amazon)

Swiped from Android Police

Here's a couple they miss:
Big Action Mega Fight! $0.99

AntiSquad Tactics Premium $2.99

Anybody play Deus Ex on the phone or tablet? How are the controls? Is it any good?
Nice. Buying Smallworld 2, Beat hazard, and Antisquad. I wanted antisquad and Smallworld. Beat hazard is great on the pc so hopefully the controls translated well. Anyone recommend any of the others.?

So, I didn't realize buying Zombi U would give me 300 Coins in promotional credit (which is awesome cause, as you all know, I'm NEW to Amazon Coins). I'm buying Small World 2. Looks like..that fast..it paid for itself! Haha.

tumblr_lar6n8cT5D1qa1vu6.gif

Edit: I am so dumb. That's Googleplay. xD Oh well, I have $11 in free credit on there too so...will probably still buy it haha.

$5 off $5 @ Gamestop when you play a free Android game.

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/global-assault-promo

How to claim your $5 coupon:

1. Open Global Assault and press the K icon in-game
  2. Register or log in to your Kongregate account
  3. Follow the on-screen directions to claim your coupon You coupon will expire on December 29, 2014

*$5 Off Coupon: Limit 1 coupon per customer. Valid for in-store use only. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Coupon not valid for items priced less than $5.00. Offer not valid on Point of Sale activation cards, or cash-like giftcards. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 12/29/14.

I have it on PSP (Vita now) and love it. I don't know how touch controls would work though.
Actually, touch controls and physical where the original control methods of the DS version. I played that version to about 60%, and never finished it, but it was great up until that point. Then I got the PSP version years ago, and while it looked way better, they had to fix the controls for no touch screen.

I went ahead and grabbed the Android version yesterday, as I have the portable shield, and it works great so far. This seems to be the best version by far. The crisp clean image of the PSP, and the physical & touch controls of the original DS version.

As for touch controls ONLY, I don't know why anyone anywhere would play a game like this that way, but more power to them, as they'll need it. Physical Controls FTW!

Noticed a few deep discounts on Google Play:

Machinarium $0.99 down from $4.99 (80% off)
Rayman Fiesta Run $0.50 down from $2.99 (83 % off)
Rayman Jungle Run $0.10 down from $2.99 (97% off)

Too lazy to link on phone.

Noticed a few deep discounts on Google Play:

Machinarium $0.99 down from $4.99 (80% off)
Rayman Fiesta Run $0.50 down from $2.99 (83 % off)
Rayman Jungle Run $0.10 down from $2.99 (97% off)

Too lazy to link on phone.
Goat Simulator $0.95.

Edit: Kronos174 beat me to it, I spent too long looking for others.

Some have been mentioned already found a better link:

Swiped from AndroidPolice

Modern Combat 5: Blackout – $3.99 from $6.99

Magicka – $2.00 from $3.99

QuestLord – $0.99 from $1.99

Knights of Pen & Paper +1 – $2.50 from $4.99

Karl's Castle – $0.98 from $3.99

The Shadow Sun – $0.99 from $4.99

Leviathan: Warships – $2.50 from $4.99

Pixel Defenders Puzzle – $1.25 from $1.99

Game Dev Story – $0.99 from $2.50

GTA: Chinatown Wars – $2.99 from $4.99

DRAGON QUEST – $0.99 from $2.99

Zombie City Defense – $0.25 from $2.49

Rayman Jungle Run – $0.10 from $2.99

Rayman Fiesta Run – $0.50 from $2.99

Spirit Walkers – $0.99 from $2.99

Mickey's Wildlife Count Along – $0.99 from $2.99

Disney Princess: Story Theater – $0.99 from $2.99

Mickey's Color and Play – $0.99 from $3.99

Minnie Bow Maker – $0.99 from $2.99

Flick Golf Extreme – $0.99 from $1.99

Flick Soccer – $0.99 from $1.99

Flick Golf – $0.99 from $1.99

Riptide GP2 – $0.99 from $1.99

Machinarium – $0.99 from $4.99

The World II Hunting BOSS – $0.49 from $0.99

Anomaly Warzone Earth HD – $0.99 from $3.99

Anomaly 2 – $0.99 from $4.99

Anomaly Korea – $0.99 from $3.99

Anomaly Defenders – $0.50 from $3.99

Goat Simulator – $0.95 from $4.99

Leo's Fortune – $0.99 from $4.99

Hitman GO – $0.99 from $4.99

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 – $0.99 from $2.99

Worms 3 – $0.99 from $1.99

Kiwanuka – $1.29 from $1.99

The biggest surprise I never heard of this game but looks good:

Swiped from SD:

It says it works on my HTC M8 so no Kindle crap this time.
Seems to be a limited-time sale, even though it doesn't have the usual strikethrough for the old price like most sales. In the description it says "ON SALE NOW! HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM ROCKSTAR GAMES." Not sure when the sale ends.

Wish GTA3 was $2.99 instead of Chinatown Wars, forget which system I played it on but I remember I hated it...
GTA3 was on sale for $2.99 on Amazon for a bit back in October. Just like this, no strikethrough on the old price. It threw me off a bit. I thought it was a permanent price drop, but it wasn't and I missed it. The Amazon version seems to be a Kindle only version anyway. I'm sure they'll have another sale. Maybe they'll have an awesome Amazon Coins back promo like they did with GTA San Andreas. Buy it for $6.99, get 2000 Amazon Coins ($20 credit) back. I was stocking up back then. :)

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Kindle-Edition/product/B00JF9SSQK

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Kindle-Edition/dp/B00JF9SSQK

I have the Rayman games from Amazon, but any additional content/updates in the Google Play versions to make them worth buying again for that low price?

République and Leo's Fortune are now 99¢ each on Google Play
I hope Amazon I just checked, and the version on Amazon may be Kindle-only, as it is not compatible with any of my devices, so I won't bother hoping they match the price for Republique. I think I'll go ahead and buy it from Google.

Checked back a page to see if it had been mentioned, but KOTOR is on Google Play and they have it 50% off ($4.99) to celebrate the launch of the Android app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aspyr.swkotor&hl=en
Hmm another classic rpg to devote playtime to on my tablet. May have to grab it while it's 50% off. Wonder if there are any reviews of how the touch controls handle yet.

Edit: Claims not to be compatible with my tablet. Wonder what the requirements are?

Starting December 24th and running until December 26th, Amazon Appstore will offer a number of paid apps and games for free, as part of the largest Free App of the Day bundle ever. The bundle includes apps and games from developers like Halfbrick Studios, Rovio Entertainment and Sega of America, which range in price from $0.99 to $64.99, all for free—saving customers up to $220. Also starting today, and for a limited time, when customers buy or gift Amazon Coins, they can get up to a 30% discount on their overall Coins purchase—up to triple the normal savings to spend on apps, games and in-app items, like card packs in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, gold in Game of War-Fire Age, lollipop hammers in Candy Crush Saga and gems in Brave Frontier. Throughout the remainder of December and into the New Year, customers will find 50-85% discounts on titles from developers like Disney, Gameloft and Sony Pictures Television. Find out more at amazon.com/appstore and download the Amazon App at amazon.com/androidapp.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2001538

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096E8CQA/

Earn Coins on Snacks

Browse hundreds of grocery items eligible for free Amazon Coins now through December 31, 2014. Earn 300 Coins ($3.00 value) for each eligible item you purchase. Learn more about Amazon Coins, See Coins terms

Link
Update: You will receive 300 Amazon Coins back for each item ordered. Looks like they have some items as low as $1.98, so it'll almost be like a money maker for Amazon Coins. Ends Dec 31st, so do it soon.

LINK

Got the Galaxy Note 8.0. As a first time tablet owner, anything I should know about deals or otherwise? Any must get free or paid apps?

Also, any opinions on the best drawing app to take advantage of the S-pen? Thanks in advance!

Starting December 24th and running until December 26th, Amazon Appstore will offer a number of paid apps and games for free, as part of the largest Free App of the Day bundle ever. The bundle includes apps and games from developers like Halfbrick Studios, Rovio Entertainment and Sega of America, which range in price from $0.99 to $64.99, all for free—saving customers up to $220. Also starting today, and for a limited time, when customers buy or gift Amazon Coins, they can get up to a 30% discount on their overall Coins purchase—up to triple the normal savings to spend on apps, games and in-app items, like card packs in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, gold in Game of War-Fire Age, lollipop hammers in Candy Crush Saga and gems in Brave Frontier. Throughout the remainder of December and into the New Year, customers will find 50-85% discounts on titles from developers like Disney, Gameloft and Sony Pictures Television. Find out more at amazon.com/appstore and download the Amazon App at amazon.com/androidapp.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2001538

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096E8CQA/
Gah, thats so misleading on their part. They actually reduced the discount for 500/1000 coins from like 8% to 4%, and the only purchase that qualifies for the 30%-off is the $100 worth of coins/10000(?).

I fear the person who decides to spend $70 on Amazon app-store moon money.

Anyone know if the Nvidia Shield Portable supports the Dragon Quest games, specifically DQ IV?  I know it had a DS port, and it would be great if buttons could be used when playing on the Shield.  Thanks.

Speaking of Bundles... Noodlecake Bundle. $8 gets you Wayward Souls. There's a James Kochalka game, which looks interesting. There will probably be a bunch more games added as it reaches funding goals.

Who the hell wants to play KOTOR on a phone? I mean seriously...

It runs great on my G2, btw.
Not me. I want to play it on my tablet which I don't know for a fact and am too lazy to verify at the moment but I have a gut feeling is every bit as powerful as my S4. Since the touch controls were improved for Android I really want it. I am sure there's away around for rooted or will be soon but seriously what a pain.

Edit: My gut was wrong, it shares a processor and video chip with the s3 does have twice the ram though which probably explains the snappiness. Given the same chipset though I feel confident that a work around will be coming.

Modern combat 5 is showing up as 75 cents right now on the google play store. Asphalt 6 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 are also on sale for 99 cents. I think both are normally normally over $5.

bread's done
Back