Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I will also recommend the Nvidia Shield Portable wholeheartedly. I play mine more than my 3DS or my Vita at the moment. I can't speak about the PC game streaming since I've never used it, but I love playing Android games and emus on it. A word of warning, though: it won't do HDMI TV out straight out of the box. You have to buy a mini HDMI cable. The system also requires the most recent update in order for that function to work. But I can recommend the following games that can be bought on the Google Play store that work well on Shield: Dead Trigger, Riptide GP, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, Soul Calibur, NBA Jam, Neon Shadow and Grand Theft Auto III. The update is also required to export Android games to a mini SD card, which is a handy feature since Shield Portable only has 16 gb of onboard memory.

Thanks for the impressions guys I ended up ordering one and it'll be here tomorrow. Very excited to try it out and see how the experience is says I've been following the device since it launched.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to use the Gamestreaming because it says you need Dual-Band routers and we have some old as hell routers in the house and it'll be quite the expense getting them all up to snuff.

Thanks for the impressions guys I ended up ordering one and it'll be here tomorrow. Very excited to try it out and see how the experience is says I've been following the device since it launched.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to use the Gamestreaming because it says you need Dual-Band routers and we have some old as hell routers in the house and it'll be quite the expense getting them all up to snuff.
I'd try it anyway. Couldn't hurt. It might work.

I agree, give it a shot. Sadly, most of what I've seen and read, dual band is required for any form of decent streaming. The same applies to the Vita and it's remote play feature.
My router isn't a dual band and vita streaming works fine for me. When I am at home that is, haven't done any out of house streaming.

Bandwith was not a part of the conversation, all that was being talked about was having a dual band router being required, so I fail to see how your comment is a relevant to the topic at hand.
I believe it was in reference to:

When I am at home that is, haven't done any out of house streaming.
Because that requires a good upload speed. I doubt anyone with DSL or lower tier cable can pull that off.

Anyone have Carcassonne? I love the actual board game, how's the Android version?
Not sure if it's still on sale or not. I like the iOS app a little better as it offers online multi-player. I have yet to see a very solid AI for this game. Android is limited to wi-fi or hot-steat (pass the device) multiplayer. Other than that it does a solid job. But for me that's a big miss.

Thanks for the heads up, HaloGX!

I went with KOF 98, which just came out and also supports controllers. KOF2012 reportedly has (or had, not sure) issues with Kit Kat, and it hasn't been updated in a while.

Wayward Souls is $1.99 PLUS get 60 coins back on Amazon.  I'm kind of disappointed that I paid full price now, as they kept stressing how the price would go up over time...

...also: I can't get past the 2nd floor of the 3rd level.

Checked out the SNK sale, bought Rhythm of Fighters for the didn't-realize-it-was-the-regular-price of 99c.  Saw it was

Wayward Souls is $1.99 PLUS get 60 coins back on Amazon. I'm kind of disappointed that I paid full price now, as they kept stressing how the price would go up over time...

...also: I can't get past the 2nd floor of the 3rd level.
Thanks for the tip! Own it on iOS but have been wanting to get rid of my Amazon coins and might double dip to see if I can do any better on my tablet. :)

Damn, it's hard.

Wayward Souls is $1.99 PLUS get 60 coins back on Amazon. I'm kind of disappointed that I paid full price now, as they kept stressing how the price would go up over time..
I still havent even played it yet.... Oh well its at $5.99 on Google play so I dont feel as bad. Its all free coins, but now I have less free coins to spend....

Checked out the SNK sale, bought Rhythm of Fighters for the didn't-realize-it-was-the-regular-price of 99c. Saw it was <50mb, thought OK...then after booting up, the first thing it says is "need to download an add'l 250mb of data, touch screen to begin". :wall:
Metal Slug Defense does that too. I think it's common in Japanese games, or maybe just SNK titles.

I don't know about these games specifically since they're graphically simplistic, but the technique is often used to determine the actual graphical and processing abilities of the hardware and then install the appropriate quality of assets. You don't want to bog down older hardware with high resolution textures, etc. Again, I'm not sure how that technique would benefit that consist entirely of retro pixel art.

This weekend alone was an orgy of Android goodness with the SNK and Pinball Arcade sales, Sega Humble Bundle, Doom & Destiny, Hitman Go, and Wayward Souls. Let us sleep it off a bit and our assholes will be ready for you again soon enough.

Don't forget about the Cartoon Network sale. Props to the Google Play Store for making it possible to download the Pinball Arcade Season 1 Bundle to both my Galaxy Tab 2 and my Nvidia Shield Portable while PSN was down on Sunday.

Another free G5 game for Android and iOS. Letters from Nowhere 2.

Free until August 31st.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.g5e.letters2.giveaway.full

http://www.amazon.com/G5-Entertainment-Inc-Letters-Nowhere/dp/B008N04TMO/

http://www.g5e.com/sale

You need to unlock the full version via in-app purchase for the Amazon app. The price will be $0.00.

There are a few new free little kids and puzzle apps in Special Discounts.

The free app of the day today is an app that has been free a few times in the Special Discounts section before. I found another free app by the same developer.

Monki Hide & Seek - $2.99 Free

Also, lots of free TV episodes on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/movies/collection/topselling_free_episode

Katy Perry's Prism Album is free on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Katy_Perry_PRISM?id=Bsq4z7h7ccqfdkyzu5ybjf6hbdy&hl=en

Don't forget about the Cartoon Network sale.
LINK

I haven't listened to Katy Perry in a long time, but that doesn't sound much like I remembered when she first broke out. That's a shame.

Tired of having your arse handed to you over and over and over again in Wayward Souls?  So am I...

I've been waiting for Mage Gauntlet to hit Amazon/Google for over a month now to no avail, but a different Noodlecake Studios game caught my eye yesterday: 

Devious Dungeon.  199 Amazon coins with 60 coins back.  It's a sidescrolling jumping randomized platformer roguelike, pretty much like Spelunky, but has many level checkpoint portals and is MUCH MUCH easier than the aformentioned games.

I still want to play Mage Gauntlet, but I'm starting to wonder when they will actually get around to "porting" it from IOS.

DD is my Android game of the week.  Wayward Souls can suck it until it gets its next update.

FYI: I am in no way affiliated with Noodlecake (or anything for that matter), I just like the controls, looks, and layouts of their games.  I don't like Punch Quest very much, though.

I haven't listened to Katy Perry in a long time, but that doesn't sound much like I remembered when she first broke out. That's a shame.
that's why you watch the videos on youtube and click the little mute icon. :D

yeah, I agree the only songs on that free album I liked was Roar and Legendary the others suck

The good news is, since it's the album of the week, it looks like we'll get a free album every week. Hopefully there will be some good/better ones.

bread's done
Back