Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle up for pre-order at GS

[quote name='kofijamal']I'm getting mine done tomorrow. My wife likes the look of it and it kills two birds (get her the 3DS XL and the game) with one stone. My son already has his reserved and I'll get mine reserved tomorrow too.[/QUOTE]

Where though? Aside from Newegg, where's the second best place to pre-order? Might pick up another one. haha

[quote name='steverl22']Got a reservation down on this bundle for one simple reason..... All other 3ds colors look like ****. I want that luigi version but who knows when that's coming out!?![/QUOTE]

One would think it's release would coincide with the release of the 3ds Mario & Luigi game in July.

[quote name='steverl22']Got a reservation down on this bundle for one simple reason..... All other 3ds colors look like ****. I want that luigi version but who knows when that's coming out!?![/QUOTE]

I agree, even though the AC bundle looks feminine, it's not boring like the red/blue 3ds xl

So my son will have his, my wife has her 3DS XL & AC: NL, and I will have my own as well. I can't wait to build Macross... again.... lol

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Release is almost here! Getting super excited for this. Anyone know if this will be rare like the pikachu 3ds?[/QUOTE]
not as rare as pikachu, since almost every retailer is carrying it, along with the msrp price

Hope Nintendo learns a lesson with this one. The Pikachu one is so rare they apparently cant even repair them. Only offer basic colored replacements

[quote name='Dranakin']Is it possible to still preorder it at GS in-store?[/QUOTE]

You'd probably be best off calling the specific store you'd plan on preordering from instead of asking on here.

[quote name='Gosha']You'd probably be best off calling the specific store you'd plan on preordering from instead of asking on here.[/QUOTE]

Bah, I just can't justify buying this bundle. I decided to wipe the dust off my 3DS and maybe save for the PS4 instead.

Saw a different unboxing of this yesterday. I'm actually digging the poptart look to it. Then again, I never really had a problem visually with this.

Good to know that it's not going to be as rare. I was thinking about purchasing two like I did for the Pikachu version. One to play and one for keepsake. Maybe I'll just buy one AC this time around.

Reviews are coming back extremely positive. So It's making me even more excited.

$
Hmm...Can still preorder the bundle on gamestop.com...but should I??
Do you specifically want the Animal Crossing 3DS XL?

You can save $10-$15 if your just interested in the game. Best Buy has the 3DS XL's next week for $174.99 + $29.99 for the game (price match K-Mart) = $204.98 or $209.98 if you don't price match.

How reliable is newegg? I pre-ordered from them, but the status still says pending pre-order.
Pretty reliable. I pre-ordered just the game and have yet to receive a "shipped" email from them either. They know what they're doing though, so I wouldn't be concerned. I pre-ordered that new Donkey Kong 3DS game from them a few weeks back...Sunday release too I believe, and I ended up getting it a few days later (on Wednesday).

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the 3DS XL limited editions sell out and are going for insane prices online, I could see the 3DS XL keeping its value. So when you eventually get your 4DS XXL+, you could possibly have it already paid down.

Since the 3DS XL limited editions sell out and are going for insane prices online, I could see the 3DS XL keeping its value. So when you eventually get your 4DS XXL+, you could possibly have it already paid down.
The poptart might not keep that level of rarity, the Pikachu and Fire Emblem ones are the fastest I have seen them go

Unless their is a sale we are unaware of on this unit I don't expect them to sell that quickly. $219.99 is a lot of money for a 3DS XL and game when the 3DS XL hits $179.99 regularly and $159.99 regularly. 

If these go on sale to $199.99 or less then I expect them to sell out quickly. 

Was about to buy it but shit man $250 after tax is too much. Was really hoping for a sale after that pikachu thing. Next Gen Consoles are coming!!!!

I pick up my preorder bundle tomorrow. Nintendo world in NYC is having an event tomorrow. You get your preorder a day early. Ill then pick up my second preorder at GS on Monday. I spoke to someone and they are only doing two runs of this, 3 tops. Similar to fire emblem. Pikachu had a one print run hence the rarity. But I grabbed two systems of that too. Buying a house in the next couple years and my entertainment room is going to be insane!

i totally wanted this (game on the 3ds, no cart), but as I woke this morning it was not easy to find this item (gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, meijer), so I started searching and noted target had the 3ds for 180 and best buy 175.  I got the game and system for 205 at bestbuy.  I have the cart, but saved 15!  Thought I would share my day...

Was impossible to find this in store anywhere today, and Gamestop went through their entire stock. I ordered one from Walmart.com when they still had some left.

Has anyone seen the game available digitally on GameStop.com? I want to use credit I have, but it still won't let me add it to my cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not up to date on the forums but just a heads up, retail stores don't stock the console bundle. Best buy, target, walmart, nor kmart stock the console, just the game. Only TRU and gamestop carries it.

Bought the last one at Fry's yesterday for my wife, but now I'm tempted to keep it and give her my Pikachu XL. My Pikachu XL has a mushy L button and very wobbly hinge, but the AC XL has neither. The Pikachu XL is more my style, but the hinge really gets in the way. I love it for its rarity, but the AC XL may be just as rare. My wife is happy to upgrade to either so it's all on me.

#firstworldproblems

I knew this bundle was going to be rare similar to the pikachu system so I grabbed two. One at the NYC Nintendo launch on Saturday and one at GameStop. I'm all set. Sucks for everyone who won't be able to get one. Good luck.

I just got officially charged for my Newegg order earlier today which means it will ship by tonight.

I didn't see any at Best Buy but my local GS and TRU both had them as well as two local Mom and Pop stores.

I think the availability of these is going to really be based on where you are. I'm in a smaller town, and both of the GameStops here were sold out before release. No one else (Wal-Mart, Best Buy) besides GS and TRU even got them, and TRU only got like 3 (all of which are already sold as of 2pm today).

Unless there's a second run of these, I expect this edition to basically disappear by the end of the week.

Honestly, it's kind of bullshit, but I sort of respect what Nintendo has started doing with these special editions. They're limited, but not impossible to get if you planned a little bit. Plus, the low runs mean they aren't clogging up shelves (See: the 90 Xbox 360 'special editions' that one year like Splinter Cell and FF13). It's nice having 'limited' actually mean something for once in this industry.

Indeed these are very easy to buy. It's called a preorder. I don't think everyone grasps the concept of preordering though. I preorder everything these days.

Jeez, this thing went way faster than I expected. This along with the PIkachu launch have definitely taught me to pre-order these things the moment they pop up.

Then again, there was a much bigger time period to pre-order for this one than the Pikachu bundle (There was barely a week or two warning for that one right?). Kind of your own fault if you played it that close to the wire and missed it

Watch Newegg... they may put up a few dozen that came from cancelled orders or orders that were cancelled when the charge didn't go through

Jeez, this thing went way faster than I expected. This along with the PIkachu launch have definitely taught me to pre-order these things the moment they pop up.

Then again, there was a much bigger time period to pre-order for this one than the Pikachu bundle (There was barely a week or two warning for that one right?). Kind of your own fault if you played it that close to the wire and missed it
Yeah, I think it was just short of two weeks plus it was only being sold at a couple retailers (Target, GS, Newegg?). I'd also point out that I preordered online at Target on day one and my order got cancelled. So there is no guarantee that preorders are 100%. I was lucky enough to find one a couple days after release in-store. Couldn't believe my luck. Otherwise, I would have been SOL.

Yeah, I delayed on the Pikachu one as well. By the time I started looking, everyone within a 200+ miles was out. Luckily I was about to go on vacation, and one of the Walmarts near the cousin I was staying with had one that they held for me.

bread's done
Back