Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle up for pre-order at GS

Would have leaped on the FE:A one if it was an XL as well. But im glad it wasnt, otherwise I wouldnt have had the spare cash for the Pikachu

Hope they sold well enough for us to get more in the future

Man, if this was available in a non-XL size I would have jumped on it.
Funny, people were saying the opposite when the FE:A version came out. I just picked one up because I'm a fan of FE. I would have much preferred it to be the XL and a physical copy of FE. Oh well, seems like there will be many options to pick up an XL. I didn't pick this one up because I know I won't play AC so the premium over the plain XLs isn't worth it to me.

I would have never bought it if it wasn't an XL. The regular 3DS is way too small for any adult.
Uh...no? 27-year old 3DS player here with a Flame Red 3DS.

Considering it's a portable system, I prefer the smaller size to the ginormous XL.

It's the same reason I probably won't be buying a new phone for a long time...all the manufacturers seem to be getting erections over these massive 5" screens.

Just...no, I need my phone to be small and easily pocketable. If I wanted a tablet I'd buy a goddamn tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, if this was available in a non-XL size I would have jumped on it.
Funny, people were saying the opposite when the FE:A version came out. I just picked one up because I'm a fan of FE. I would have much preferred it to be the XL and a physical copy of FE. Oh well, seems like there will be many options to pick up an XL. I didn't pick this one up because I know I won't play AC so the premium over the plain XLs isn't worth it to me.
I would have never bought it if it wasn't an XL. The regular 3DS is way too small for any adult.
Uh...no? 27-year old 3DS player here with a Flame Red 3DS.Considering it's a portable system, I prefer the smaller size to the ginormous XL.It's the same reason I probably won't be buying a new phone for a long time...all the manufacturers seem to be getting erections over these massive 5" screens.Just...no, I need my phone to be small and easily pocketable. If I wanted a tablet I'd buy a goddamn tablet.
In a way I agree BUT age can be insignificant as well since you can be 5"7 and I could be 6"2 and both of us be 27yrs old. I own a vita and love the screen size. The standard 3ds in comparison is a kids toy. I'm glad that the XL matches its size and works perfectly for me.

Regarding phones I do agree that the Note 2 and similar gargantuan phones are ridiculous, I laugh at them. BUT an iPhone 4 (which I own) is puny compared to a screen like the Galaxy S3, which is a good upgrade in size though not laughable when you hold it up to your head.

I like the size of the 3DS XL. I had the blue one a while back, but sold it when I didn't use it much. However, I jumped at the opportunity to grab the New Leaf bundle on NewEgg, and I just received the shipping confirmation. I'm still shocked I managed to get one.

I'm still shocked I managed to get one.
I liked the New Leaf 3DS XL but I already had a blue one so didn't pay much attention to it. Then I broke my blue one on Saturday, giving me a great excuse to try to get the New Leaf one, but it seemed to be sold out everywhere locally and online. I had even tried Newegg but only came up with a ridiculous reseller price. I caught this thread a few hours later and gave Newegg another try, and much to my surprise they had it listed normally. Snagged one and it's in transit.

I didn't even think to keep trying. Thanks all for the heads up.

People in the Pacific Northwest should check out Fred Meyers if you have them by you. I went to three in the last couple weeks and saw 2-3 of these in stock at all of them.

Does anyone know if any more stores have this in stock?  I just called TRU and they said no.  They didn't even show any trace of them having it online as well.  Funny before I got my job, I saw this on Gamestop.  Now that I'm working, none.  It always works out like that.  Ebay wants way too much as does Amazon.  I checked Newegg as some of the older posts mentioned; close to 400.  That's way too much.

bread's done
Back