Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

I just got this game, but it's pretty similar to AC for the DS. Some things* you can only find or do at night.

• *Fish for the rare night stuff
  • *Look around for rare night bugs on trees or crawling around (if a tarantula or scorpion is nearby, you'll hear this weird sound - careful, they bite)
  • Look for the Money Rock with a shovel
  • Visit animal neighbors who are up and they send you on errands and give gifts (sometimes you have to talk to them more than once to get this)
  • Letter-writing (with a gift inserted) to neighbors to get letter gifts from them in the morning
  • *Saturdays, 8pm-12am, go to the Coffee Shop and get songs from KK to play in your [music furniture] like a radio, turntable, etc
  • Shake trees for bags of bells or furniture (but watch out for beehives)
  • *8pm or later, meet Wisp the Ghost and he gives you 1 wish out of 3 choices

This game is pretty much the DS version, with better graphics and a couple more things to do (Well make that a few).

Can you see Wisp the Ghost every night, or only once in awhile? I need to start playing this a lot more again, I didn't have my Wii for a while either.

Anyone want to play together sometime?

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the event, oh well I guess I can wait until next year.

But, if no one else needs it, I'll take it, save it, and use it for next year.

(I could time travel back to the 15th and partake in the festival, but that kind of defeats the purpose of waiting for the events)

Yeah, me neither. Best I've been able to do is the occasional silver axe. And Droenix, I'll send you the Pave pieces I've got if you like, but I don't have a friend code for you.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']ACCF: 0732-4661-2003
Name: Steve
Town: Cheery

There you go Trill, and thanks bro. :D[/QUOTE]

I've still got no heart beside your name in the friends list. I'll try re-entering your code, but do you have me on your friends list?

Ahh... I believe I do, if you could send the info to me again, I'll try and re-add you (or add you, if you aren't already there).

I've added the following peoples friend codes...

Trillian
CryHavoc
CL-Insanity
Wa-Keen
A Happy Panda

Will you please add me as well, thanks.

Animal Crossing City Folk: 4684-0267-5046
ACCF Name: Ry
ACCF Town: Boston

[quote name='Got_Wii']I've added the following peoples friend codes...

Trillian
CryHavoc
CL-Insanity
Wa-Keen
A Happy Panda

ACCF Name: Boston
ACCF Town: Ry[/QUOTE]

Added.

My batteries in all my Wiimotes died, so I have to wait until my mom picks more up. Until then, I'm keeping SSBB on and going to play that with Gamecube controllers.

[quote name='Got_Wii']I've added the following peoples friend codes...

Trillian
CryHavoc
CL-Insanity
Wa-Keen
A Happy Panda

ACCF Town: Boston[/QUOTE]

Added!

I'm opening my gate if you want to come.

Edit: I just got my second to last fossil. The only one I'm missing is the individual one that is 3rd from the right, between Peking Man and Amber. If anyone finds this, let me know and I'll buy it/trade for it.

Thanks for the offer Cry Havoc, unfortunately I was away from the computer. I might be playing tomorrow around 6pm CST if anyone is going to be around, might be 630ish. Still looking to acquire some fruit.

I'll check what that fossil is and keep an eye out tomorrow, CH. Does anyone have any spare paintings? I still need Dynamic, Scenic, Flowery, Warm, and something else that I can't remember right now. Redd's doesn't seem to like to carry anything other than Worthy and Solemn.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']I'll be playing for the next little bit and my gate will be open.[/QUOTE]

Fun times visiting your town, Swinging an axe at me while I spin in circles. Thanks for the apples, oranges, cherries and coconuts.

I am in need of flowers (particularly white cosmos and yellow tulips, and need 2 pink roses) ... I will pay or trade almost anything...

Let me know...

I know this thread is dead.... but check this, I don't get on AC for two (count them, 2) days, half my hybrids are dead and 6 of my 10 Jacob's Ladders have died.... Da*n AC all to H*LL!!!!!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone know the cheapest place to get this? I know I'm late but I miss this game when I played it on DS and noticed its alot cheaper now.[/QUOTE]

It's $19.99 New at Gamestop.com However its not available online at the moment. I think I remember seeing it for $19.99 New B&M or used for $17.99.

On CAG Marketplace BlueLobstah has it for sale at $12.50. Not sure if you are big on buying from CAG'ers or what.

Let me know if you pick it up, we can exchange friend codes.

I just got this game, if anyone wants to give me some free fruit I would be much obliged. My friend code is 1935 3418 0517 and my town name is Tortuga (I think I need to provide my Character name also which is Jay). I already have Resetti riding my ass about not saving, I really wish nintendo would add an option to disable him.

[quote name='GenPirate']I just got this game, if anyone wants to give me some free fruit I would be much obliged. My friend code is 1935 3418 0517 and my town name is Tortuga (I think I need to provide my Character name also which is Jay). I already have Resetti riding my ass about not saving, I really wish nintendo would add an option to disable him.[/QUOTE]

Add me and I will send you some fruit. What is your native fruit?

ACCF Town: Boston

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone know the cheapest place to get this? I know I'm late but I miss this game when I played it on DS and noticed its alot cheaper now.[/QUOTE]

I found a used one last wednesday at Blockbuster for 14.99 (plus they have the B1G1 sale going on right now too).

I guess the thread wasn't as dead as I thought it was. About to get on AC right now and see how bad the town has gotten. Sure hope "Pudge" hasn't moved out on me.

We really need to start playing this game a bit more together, it could be a lot of fun. I missed the CAG Animal Crossing online scene, but then again I just can't find myself being truly loyal to this game, I haven't touched it in over 2 months now.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']We really need to start playing this game a bit more together, it could be a lot of fun. I missed the CAG Animal Crossing online scene, but then again I just can't find myself being truly loyal to this game, I haven't touched it in over 2 months now.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree very much. I get on about once every 3 days just to sell my fruit and make money. Would enjoy playing with you online again. You played the night with SuperPhillip and JmClark, and myself didn't you? Back then I was just starting out so I've learned a few things since then.

Yeah we played that night, it was fun. :D

I wish they had a bit more to do when visiting other people's towns, but then again they want people to use their imagination and creativity to make games up when they are online.

One could play hide and seek pretty easy....sounds kinda goofy but everyone could communicate through chat...then when you find someome you type that you found them or something to that nature...just an idea

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Yeah we played that night, it was fun. :D

I wish they had a bit more to do when visiting other people's towns, but then again they want people to use their imagination and creativity to make games up when they are online.[/QUOTE]

At least when you dig holes around me and trap me, I will be able to escape now. :lol:

Lol, what would've been better is a bunch of pitfall traps in those holes, so you'd fall in them, but we'd have to replace them fast enough, so that you keep falling in them. :D

SuperPhillip's town was awesome I must say, and also, have you guys played any games together recently? I was taking like a one month break from CAG for some reason.

bread's done
Back