Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

wtf!! I just met a new guy in my town Pascal. He tells me "Heey man.. blah blah its only real if you want it to be" and than jumps in the river. I followed him all the way down as he just floated down the river, down the waterfall and out to sea.. never sen anything like that before.

[quote name='homeland']wtf!! I just met a new guy in my town Pascal. He tells me "Heey man.. blah blah its only real if you want it to be" and than jumps in the river. I followed him all the way down as he just floated down the river, down the waterfall and out to sea.. never sen anything like that before.[/QUOTE]

You need to have a scallop on you before you talk to him.. he gives you furniture for ..um..some kind of sailor series?

Oh, yes.
You read that right. My sweetie got me wonderful presents for my birthday including a pink shirt with black cats on it, and the Nightmare Before Christmas cd with music by odd musicians, and a book with fish pictures, and amazingly, the Animal Crossing City Folk game, but I don't have a Wii. He lives here, so he does know which consoles grace our pad, but I suppose this is the precursor to the Wonderful Christmas Present Which I Have Yet to Receive. I hope....

The booklet inside has nice pictures, so I am suffering. I refuse to watch any videos of other people's gameplay, since that would just make me feel worse. This fits in with a lifelong pattern of behavior, though; I had a stack of 8 cd's before I bought a cd player, and a few dvd's before buying a dvd player, and now I seem to have a Wii game, and yet I have no Wii. Hmmmmm....

Nooks now buying for 57. Damn! And my store is closed all day tomorrow. Hopefully someone will get some good prices and let me come over.

PS. Do villagers move around flowers? Because ive noticed a few appear and disappear.

Aww what the hell, i bought a painting from Redd and it was a fake, and the Owl wouldnt accept it. :bomb: Thing cost me like 5,000 bells too.

99 for turnips here.

Too bad I only started playing a couple days ago, and have yet to see the turnip selling chick. I did just pay off the first house though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 2 for 2 on donating paintings from Redd. Which is a godsend, considering every painting I donated in Wild World was a fake.

[quote name='dmunkee']I'm 2 for 2 on donating paintings from Redd. Which is a godsend, considering every painting I donated in Wild World was a fake.[/quote]

I sold the fake to nook for ......10 bells. :whistle2:#

Damn i swore i had a Coelacanth on my line today, but i didnt hit the button fast enough and it got away. :(

[quote name='The 7th Number']I sold the fake to nook for ......10 bells. :whistle2:#[/quote]

I give 'em as gifts to residents :lol:

i still can't get in to redds.. Someone gave me an invite- but when i went to the door he said my friend hadn't become a member yet, so i couldn't either.

[quote name='nbballard']i still can't get in to redds.. Someone gave me an invite- but when i went to the door he said my friend hadn't become a member yet, so i couldn't either.[/quote]

I got an invite from a villager. I can send you mine.

I wonder if i can see new prices for turnips at 12am before nook closes for remodeling.

I forgot who I gave my Redd invites to, but I know I just dropped them on the ground and someone else picked them up. Nbbaballard was probably that person. Answers my question about how if I just give one to somebody, they don't get into Redd's.

I mean, I got two from villagers and one from Redd himself, so I figured it would work. Sorry to get anyone's hopes up.

Zephyr: That is cute and sad at the same time. Keep us updated.

I guess most of us are on the same schedule re: Nook upgrades, because mine is closed today as well. Hmmmm. Speaking of which, did anyone ever figure out why Io's Nook 'n Go only stayed open until 10, as opposed to 1 like everyone else's?

It's snowing in my place and I caught a lobster and a tuna right off the bat, and then no big shapes appeared for the next ten minutes, so I turned the game off.

D: I'm 2/3 for paintings from Redd. That's the only way to get them, right? I never seemed to find a different way to get any.

Not to sound like a jerk, but people don't need to report low turnip prices. :p I think we all know that generally the first 3-4 days are low, and it's only on Thursday/Friday at the earliest will we see high ones. "High" implies over 9000! 300 at the least I'd imagine. I'd always want at least a 3X return on my turnip investment.

It's cold and rainy outside, and snowing in my town. I always like it when that happens.

[quote name='Strell']
anyone ever figure out why Io's Nook 'n Go only stayed open until 10, as opposed to 1 like everyone else's?

D: I'm 2/3 for paintings from Redd. That's the only way to get them, right? I never seemed to find a different way to get any.[/quote]

I thought Io had a Nookway? I remember noticing it last time I came to his town. If that's the case, they close at 10. Though I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

And yeah, Redd is your only source for paintings, and for whatever item he sells that's exclusive.

This I'll get some gates open! ^_^

Come one, come all!! Just PM when you add...I'll have the laptop ready to update. Oh and my Nooks is closing tomorrow!

Oh and Strell, how high do turnip prices go?
comeandgetitin6.jpg

Last week, two people had prices above 500. Shortly after that, someone had prices around 421 or something.

Again, I'm thinking above 300 is when it makes sense.

'Course, I'm not against people complaining about low prices. :]

Edit: HOLY SHIT IT IS SNOWING. LIKE. IN REAL LIFE. HERE.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS.

[quote name='Strell']Last week, two people had prices above 500. Shortly after that, someone had prices around 421 or something.

Again, I'm thinking above 300 is when it makes sense.

'Course, I'm not against people complaining about low prices. :]

Edit: HOLY SHIT IT IS SNOWING. LIKE. IN REAL LIFE. HERE.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS.[/quote]

Where are you? Arizona?

Gates open, low 'nip prices, BUT I got my first silver net!!! Looks wicked nice.....also Boo, ordering table nao.2 more things: My fruit is all grown in, take whatever besides apples, but Do Not sell it at Nooks or I will kick you. Also, what does gold card do?

[quote name='nbballard']i still can't get in to redds.. Someone gave me an invite- but when i went to the door he said my friend hadn't become a member yet, so i couldn't either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strell']I forgot who I gave my Redd invites to, but I know I just dropped them on the ground and someone else picked them up. Nbbaballard was probably that person. Answers my question about how if I just give one to somebody, they don't get into Redd's.

I mean, I got two from villagers and one from Redd himself, so I figured it would work. Sorry to get anyone's hopes up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it don't work that way. Someone dropped one for me and Redd said I simply didn't have one at all. So I figured I'd mail it to one of my kids. When he went there Redd said he had one, but it wasn't sent by a member so he needed to go back and tell me I needed to be a member. DAMN you Redd - I want to be a fucking member but my stupid animals won't give me one (and I talk to them all the time). So, next time anyone gets an invite, MAIL it to someone. Having said that, someone please mail me one ;).

Also, with respect to the paintings, what is this 5000 business? Someone told me while playing that 39,000 bell ones are fake and 40,000 bell ones are real. I really have no idea since I can't get in the damn place :bomb:.

If I didn't see you people posting pictures of Mario items, and mentioning this Pascal and other things I'd say this game is WAY more boring (single-player) than the previous 2. It seems like I never get visits or have special animals show up (which is just magnified by having Redd and Gracie in the city and not your town). But seriously, I haven't had anyone show up except for Sahara once the first couple of days I was playing. There is really nothing to do single-player (at least when I play).

[quote name='dmunkee']I thought Io had a Nookway? I remember noticing it last time I came to his town. If that's the case, they close at 10. Though I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

You know, it could be that. I'm surprised you people all still have Nook N Go. I think the problem was that I only had Nook N Go for a few days. He upgraded from that only a day or two after he upgraded from Nook's Cranny. I know it was less than a week inany case. And I may just have not played very often when it was a Nook N Go, though I thought that closed early as well. In any case, I just play with my clock back about 4-5 hours and now I never have to deal with the bastard being closed. It fits my personal style way more anyway. I don't believe any stores anywhere should be open before noon and they should all be open till midnight or later. It makes no sense any other way ;).

fuck! I had 2 Coelacanth today within the last 2 hours and 40 minutes of fishing and they both got away. Its really annoying. The 2nd one i wiggled my wiimote right after he swallowed the bait and he still got away. What a load of crap. Then after i lose that i end up reeling in fish that are worth crap. I think the game just wants to laugh at me.

Are you fucking kidding me. I just caught a red snapper and the game said, oh well my pockets are full ill have to release it. And he threw it into the ocean. When i could of swapped it for a few sea bass. But that option didnt even come up. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

[quote name='The 7th Number']But that option didnt even come up. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You probably clicked a button and the game buffered it, and so when the options came up, it selected "release" automatically.

Hell yes....Tiffany the bunny, the one ive been trying to get rid of, said she might be moving, so i told her to move then. LOL. I filed a few complaints about her, and whenever i seen her i would push her till she got mad, or hit her with my net. Maybe thats why she decided to move? Cool....i hope tomorrow she is gone and i get someone cool.

[quote name='io']Hey 7th Number, I definitely want that Pac-Man pattern. My kids will love it.[/quote]

Sure, i just turned it off though. Ill probably turn it back on around 12 CT to see Turnip prices.

Just paid off my house, so ill be getting the bigger 2nd floor tomorrow. :)

[quote name='Doomed']As do I. Can I put it on layaway? :rofl: *has 4 assignments and a test on Friday and one due tomorrow*

Speaking of which, shit.[/quote]

Just got out of 2 finals myself. 2 moar to go!!!:drool:

First time posting to this thread...cool to see so many Animal Crossing fans out there. Haven't been on this site much lately...not working and all so can't bare to read up on all those great sales I am missing. I am pretty much playing all day right now and mostly Animal Crossing.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hell yes....Tiffany the bunny, the one ive been trying to get rid of, said she might be moving, so i told her to move then. LOL. I filed a few complaints about her, and whenever i seen her i would push her till she got mad, or hit her with my net. Maybe thats why she decided to move? Cool....i hope tomorrow she is gone and i get someone cool.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you visit her house. I had Rizzo in my town and he told me he was leaving. He didn't actually leave until I visited his house again after he said he was leaving. He then told me how he was going to miss the town blah blah and he was finally gone. I didn't figure this out for days. I couldn't understand why he was still there. :bomb: Do you want the pink star hat? I'll be playing around 9, 9:30 central time tonight. Maybe I could visit your town. You could come to mine but it sucks. My store is closed. :cry:

[quote name='lilboo']Becky! Did Becky the Chicken leave your town??
If not! I have a Becky the Chicken in MY town now!! :whee:[/QUOTE]

She's still there! I hate her ! :bomb:

[quote name='Beccaree']She's still there! I hate her ! :bomb:[/quote]

Bones is leaving my town...I finally went to her house today and her stuff is all packed up. She was really annoying for the last week or so.

It is still snowing here.

This is just off the charts crazy. I mean it's sticking to the ground and everything. I had to take pictures.

Animal Crossing predicted a snowstorm in my town, and they were right, except it was in real life!

[quote name='Filler2001']100 pages!!!.....about[/quote]
Unless you're on dial-up, (seeing as you play Wii online I doubt it) why are you set to 10 posts/page? I was on 50/page for a while, but I thought that was a little excessive, especially in threads like these were people post a shitload of pics. 30 posts/page conserves bandwidth on people's big ass pics, but is still awesome. :bouncy:

Visited Mordor today (Filler2001). F2k1 let me get a few oranges, cherries, and peaches, for which I am very thankful. Also let me buy a pinbal machine and a slingshot, and unload some of my native pears at his Nooks for a playa price! His house is a freaking mansion.

Only thing was, he must have had some baaaad experiences with some visitors in AC before, 'cause he was on me like a suspected shoplifter.

Alex, be easy man. We can all be held accountable for our virtual actions in this forum, so it's not like I would just take anything without asking. In fact, I asked before I touched ANYTHING. I hope next time you'll trust me a little more. It was nothing like the fun times I had at Becky's.

I don't know why, but you experience in Mordor cracked me up Knox :lol:

Also, did that Redd invite I gave to you work?

bread's done
Back