Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Nice price! I didn't buy any turnips this week though.

New DLC for Japan in April - (Gakuseibou + Gakuseihuku) boys school uniform:

item_04.jpg

[quote name='ProfWho']Got it thanks

OK, my gate will be open until around 4:00, because

526 Bells for Turnips[/quote]
Nice! But I already sold for 410. Next week will be better :lol:

Um, yeah. I slept in last Sunday? No turnips to sell this week...

Hope someone will be able to take you up on that 526. Darn good price.

Hmmm. Let me see if my friend bought any turnips this week. Maybe I can cart them over to your place for him...

Finished my paintings collection today. Thanks for everybody that helped me.

Now time to get rid of the extras.......
Who wants them??

serene x 2
strange x 2
scenic
warm
nice
calm x 2
flowery
quaint
worthy
moving

[quote name='ProfWho']I am going to close my gates now, but I will try to get them open again tonight[/quote]

I hope you open them tonight! I'll be waiting!

[quote name='yukine']I'll take some paintings off your hands... I don't think I have anything to offer you though.[/QUOTE]

I don't need anything...

which ones you need? I'll need your info, Mine is in the spreadsheet.

Dang - I sold at 125 today. :( Ah well - I didn't think I'd have time to play online as we were getting ready for the first of two birthday parties (kids party first). Also I was thinking everyone had abandoned the game! Glad to see that's not the case!

CL - I'll post next time I'm playing and open the gate. It may not be until Sunday, though. We've got another party to hold tommorrow.

Prim - next time I get a duplicate gyroids I'll send them your way.

How many gyroids are there? I have a fair number of them, but have no idea how close I am to having them all.

I think there might be like 125 or something close to it.

I'm gonna try to outline my paths with gyroids instead of using patterns.

Crunch, every gyroid you bring, you can take 2 that you need. Goes for everyone.

[quote name='prim4444']Now time to get rid of the extras.......
Who wants them??[/quote]Heh, I wouldn't mind one of each painting I don't have. I think I have a few gyroids...but not much else you're looking for.

Does anyone have a turnip price better than 156 that is available?
That 526 price sounded good from ProfWho, but he's not on yet. I'm getting desperate since I don't think Saturday prices are ever good.

Thank you ProfWho for your high turnip price!
I loved your galaxy/star/space floor! It made me think your town was space-like! : )

[quote name='stefonzie']Thank you ProfWho for your high turnip price!
I loved your galaxy/star/space floor! It made me think your town was space-like! : )[/quote]

I am so happy that someone took advantage of my turnip prices. I too like my stars. If you want I could drop the pattern off at your Able's sometime.

The gate is still open for anyone who wants to sell.

I just got this game some 8 hours ago. I've only put in an hour and a half so far, but it looks like more of the same, which is a good thing. I was a fiend for the original ACand loved the few months I spent on Wild World.

Only 2 things disappointed me-

1) I found out when I ordered that Wii Speak wasn't included, but I guess I should have done my homework.

2) The game won't let me use my town name from the previous 2 games. And it's not just due to online functionality, because Wild World allowed it. My town name was Cockasia.

Anyway, here's my info:

Name: Matt
Town Name: MoVal
Friend Code: 2149-4106-1381
Fruit: Pears

Add me! Especially Yukine. Oh, and ProfWho, I'm adding you on Smash and Mario Kart next time I get on each of those. I know you added me on at least one of them already.

Anyone in the market for a throne? I got one today at Nooks for 640 large just so I could have it in my catalog.

On a side note, I could really use a Green Wardrobe, Tulip Table and Lily-pad Table. I've been working on the feng shui, and I've got a great score for the yellow bonus. It's kind of cool, I had never played with it before, and I've been getting spotlight items at Nooks nearly every other day as a result of my red/green scores and I got 70,000+ in my HRA score. Now the money rocks are sparking out 8 different amounts of bells at a minimum profit of 16,000 bells a day. I even lucked out and got some double hits with the silver shovel and got 35,000 in bells off one rock one day.

I've also been loading up my gyroids with Brewster. I love the pigeon brew, although the pigeon milk kind of creeps me out a bit. I swear sometimes it seems like Brewster takes duplicates, but maybe there are multiple gyroids with the same name but they are different somehow. Right now I am just collecting for the collecting sake of it.

I wouldn't mind getting the throne. I may have all those three items you're looking for...if not in storage, then in my catalog. I'll check. (EDIT: I'll check once my kids let me back in the game...)

EDIT: We're you buying it just to have the entry in your catalog? I've been told you can't order it...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eugaet']I wouldn't mind getting the throne. I may have all those three items you're looking for...if not in storage, then in my catalog. I'll check. (EDIT: I'll check once my kids let me back in the game...)

EDIT: We're you buying it just to have the entry in your catalog? I've been told you can't order it...[/quote]

I wasn't really buying the throne to keep or buy in the future, I just thought I should at least buy it so that I get it in my official catalog (even if I can't rebuy it) and in case anyone else wanted it.

Maybe if you are around online sometime this weekend we can swap stuff out Eugaet, let me know.

I started a new town on the Cube version yesterday because I didn't want to see how bad my town from 2002 turned out. Even with it's limitations, I'm really enjoying the original a lot more than City Folk. Reminds me why I fell in love with AC in the first place. I wish they had taken a lot more from the Cube version and put it into the Wii version. Like those little piles of leaves that you could run through, the dock at the pond area so that you could actually fish in the big pond easier, the ball that you could kick around, the animals falling asleep outside, being able to go inside an animal's house while they're outside, the island, Porter. While I like most of the features they added to WW and CF, I miss the little things that they took out. And I completely forgot that the animals would sometimes paint your roof if you just talk to them - can't say that I miss that, but it does bring some randomness to your roof color.

Today was one of my CF characters' birthday, so I finally got a birthday cake and birthday greetings from the neighbors. My other character who had a birthday on 1/1 didn't get anything because he wasn't good enough friends with the neighbors by then. They just totally ignored him. I hope my main character gets her cake later this year.

[quote name='converse']Maybe if you are around online sometime this weekend we can swap stuff out Eugaet, let me know.[/quote]All I had was the lily-pad table. Ordered one, should have it shortly. I'll have my kids check their catalogs.

Sorry for the double-post, but I gotta tell someone...

I finally caught the freaking coelacanth. \\:D/

Now I just need to work on the bee.

bees are pretty easy.

You need to run up or down so the bees are offscreen.
I prefer to run up, so when you equip your net, you'll automatically be facing down toward the bees.
Right when the bees show up onscreen, swipe your net.

I catch every bee this way.

[quote name='prim4444']bees are pretty easy.

You need to run up or down so the bees are offscreen.
I prefer to run up, so when you equip your net, you'll automatically be facing down toward the bees.
Right when the bees show up onscreen, swipe your net.

I catch every bee this way.[/quote]

This is the exact method I use to catch bees, including the running up part. I only run down if there's nowhere to run up. Works every time.

[quote name='eugaet']Sorry for the double-post, but I gotta tell someone...

I finally caught the freaking coelacanth. \\:D/

Now I just need to work on the bee.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the coelacanth. I caught one a long time ago and haven't seen one since.

I also need the bee but will try the suggestions that were left.

do u guys use the nunchuck to catch bee's or to play in general?? and converse i have the tables but i dont have the green wardrobe, i actually have a couple of green items the desk and table i think. i bought thekings beard :) eventually i want the whole throne and crown
im thinking of investing like 500,000 bells on turnips 2day, should i? stupid turnips take up alot of spacee -.- its point day today in my store, are points that important, i dont feel like spending my money for points. -.- i doubt i will

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']
Name: Matt
Town Name: MoVal
Friend Code: 2149-4106-1381
Fruit: Pears[/QUOTE]

Has anyone added me yet? I want to meet up virtually with some CAGs, get some non-native fruits, and cash in on the stalk market.

I should have some time to play tonight finally and will add Matt and Wa-Keen - be sure to add me. My info is in the database. See by sig.

I missed out on turnips this week but will keep an eye on evening prices for everybody.

[quote name='crunchewy']I should have some time to play tonight finally and will add Matt and Wa-Keen - be sure to add me. My info is in the database. See by sig.

I missed out on turnips this week but will keep an eye on evening prices for everybody.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'll add you in a minute. Anyone else here, please feel free to send a FR.

[quote name='Matt Young']Has anyone added me yet? I want to meet up virtually with some CAGs, get some non-native fruits, and cash in on the stalk market.[/quote]

I added you and Wa-Keen just a moment ago.

I added Matt and Wa-Keen and my gate is open. Nothing too exciting going on. Please don't run and don't take anything on the ground!! Only going to be playing for a little bit so act now!

[quote name='crunchewy']I added Matt and Wa-Keen and my gate is open. Nothing too exciting going on. Please don't run and don't take anything on the ground!! Only going to be playing for a little bit so act now![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll go check it out in a minute. And isn't that just general etiquette to not run, take things, chop down trees, etc?

I'd like to check out Nook's, meet some animals, and grab 3-6 pieces of fruit that I don't have to plant trees with.

[quote name='Matt Young']Has anyone added me yet? I want to meet up virtually with some CAGs, get some non-native fruits, and cash in on the stalk market.[/quote]

Will add you in the morning. Should have my gate open most of tomorrow.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Will add you in the morning. Should have my gate open most of tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll add you as well. I think I'm going to just go through the list and add people, then PM them asking for a mutual add.

I visited crunchewy's town earlier. If that was any indication of how things will be with other CAGs, then I'm happy. He's a very friendly gentleman who gave me all the fruit I could carry, plus axes which aren't available in my town yet (3 days in and counting).

Oh, and I do not have a USB keyboard (yet), so forgive me if my conversation is slow.

Matt, I added you this morning, so please add me.

Willie, I'll be on the lookout for you so you can borrow the throne if you still need it.

I did end up with a Tulip Table from Nook's yesterday, so I just need the green wardrobe and the lily-pad table and I'm good. If anyone has them, let me know.

[quote name='converse']Matt, I added you this morning, so please add me.

Willie, I'll be on the lookout for you so you can borrow the throne if you still need it.

I did end up with a Tulip Table from Nook's yesterday, so I just need the green wardrobe and the lily-pad table and I'm good. If anyone has them, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I'll order the green wardrobe and mail it to you. Someone already said they had the lily pad table ordered.

[quote name='prim4444']I'll order the green wardrobe and mail it to you. Someone already said they had the lily pad table ordered.[/quote]

[quote name='eugaet']I've got the lily-pad table. I'll try to mail it tonight.[/quote]

Thanks x2, I'll send you some bells or if you need anything, let me order for you...

[quote name='converse']Thanks x2, I'll send you some bells or if you need anything, let me order for you...[/quote]Only item that comes to mind is the samurai suit (the one you wear, not the one you display in your house)...I've got the samurai helmet, but nothing to wear with it! As far as bells, no worries.

And I couldn't help it, bought turnips this week.

[quote name='eugaet']Only met Gracie once...was wearing head-to-toe pirate outfit. Gracie didn't like my hair.[/QUOTE]

LOL I went on under my boyfriend's character dressed as a pirate and she told me the same thing.

[quote name='eugaet']Only item that comes to mind is the samurai suit (the one you wear, not the one you display in your house)...I've got the samurai helmet, but nothing to wear with it! As far as bells, no worries.

And I couldn't help it, bought turnips this week.[/QUOTE]

If you still need the Samurai Suit (Shirt) I can order it for you, let me know.

[quote name='prim4444']If you still need the Samurai Suit (Shirt) I can order it for you, let me know.[/quote]I still need it. How much is it?

bread's done
Back