Animal Crossing New Leaf

I don't think this is my type of game.  I got it for free with the platinum reward last week, but I can't get into it.  Granted, I haven't even started paying for my house yet so maybe the game opens up a bit more after that.

I don't think this is my type of game. I got it for free with the platinum reward last week, but I can't get into it. Granted, I haven't even started paying for my house yet so maybe the game opens up a bit more after that.
Give it a week, if it doesn't suck you in it's not your type of game.

Two years in a row I miss out on free games. Last year I had the coins and forgot, this year I forgot to import my last two games for coins. :lol:

Please add me and PM your info and I will add you back:

Name - TJ Wolfe
Friend Code - 3093-7089-6387
Animal Crossing Name - Wolfey
Animal Crossing Town Name - Wolfeden
Native Fruit - Cherries
Time Zone - Mountain Time

If anyone is still playing and needs bells, I am keeping my second town on a date where turnips are selling for 517. Easy way to build your savings up.

Just recently bought the game so I can relive some obsessive Gamecube memories. If you guys have any much needed tips or info I would greatly appriciate it :)

I'd say once you open up the island, farm beetles until you get around a million bells. Then, use that to buy turnips every week. Then you will build up huge amounts of bells in your bank account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvtAyVt6i7A

doubutsu-no-mori-amiibo-card-vol-1-414209.1.jpg

Also, rumors are going around of a possible Wii U AC game being announced at E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be that surprised if an Animal Crossing Wii U game was announced, especially with those Amiibo cards.

I really hope those cards aren't expensive, but knowing Nintendo and how they seem to latch on to some of the worst aspects of online business, they probably are. 

I wouldn't be that surprised if an Animal Crossing Wii U game was announced, especially with those Amiibo cards.

I really hope those cards aren't expensive, but knowing Nintendo and how they seem to latch on to some of the worst aspects of online business, they probably are.
Based off what they are going for in Japan, it looks like it'll be around $3 a pack which are hold 3 cards. Also, these will be blind packs as well which sucks.

Anyone got any tips for catching a Giant Snakehead. I've probably spent close to fifteen hours just searching for one and it is the last fish I need.

Anyone got any tips for catching a Giant Snakehead. I've probably spent close to fifteen hours just searching for one and it is the last fish I need.
Are you fishing in the big part of the river? That's where you'll find them. Big shadows, I think similar in size to dorado.

I wonder how crazy it's going to be to try and get those new AC amiibos, I really hope I can get a Villager out of these reprints. I seen a Wii Fit Trainer so I'm hoping I catch one of the Villagers.

[quote name="blume3" post="12775468" timestamp="1435609656"]I wonder how crazy it's going to be to try and get those new AC amiibos, I really hope I can get a Villager out of these reprints. I seen a Wii Fit Trainer so I'm hoping I catch one of the Villagers.[/quote]The Villager was always the 1 Amiibo I had to have. Since I never found 1 I still have to get one and now I gotta get the Amiibo Festival set too.

Wouldn't you know. I spend over a month for hours on end each day trying to catch a giant snakehead and the first fish I see today is it. Finally got my fish encyclopedia complete.

I started playing again and missed catching a scorpion I didn't even know was in the game because i couldn't get my net out in time. :(

I would say yeah. I downloaded earlier this year but didnt play it until I traded my old 3ds for the new one and its still fun. I go to the island to farm for beetles for monaaaaaay

I've had the game since December 22nd and I still love it. After a few month break I started playing it again, redoing my town's paths a bit. It's one of those games that never really gets old.

Really miss my 3DS just because of this game. I had a regular 3ds XL I am tempted to pick up a New 3ds xl for Happy Homes and to go back and re play through New Leaf.

I have a question, is there a reason to buy this game in 2015?
Absolutely. I've put 235 hours into it so far. I played it daily for over a year, and I still check in.

You're also not missing anything in 2015, and New Leaf is a better place to start than Happy Home Designer.

Bought New Leaf today thanks to Best Buy's sale. Let me know via PM if you want to add me, but I'll be a while with progress. Looks like they shut down the presents. :(

The current Nintendo Zone giveaway is until November 7th, so you should get something if you check with Pelly/Phyllis at the post office while connected to the Nintendo Zone.

If going to the actual hotspots doesn't work, you don't need a full blown Homepass setup (that switches MAC addresses so you can streetpass multiple players), all you have to do is change the SSID on your router to attwifi or Bestbuy (only one capital B) to see if you can get the gifts from home - if you keep security on, you'll have to change your wifi settings on your 3DS too so that you can connect to it.

Also, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/sharedactown - the towns listed on the sidebar can sometimes be 24/7 open towns, so check there to see how to sign up to be able to visit them. Some of them might require you to have a Rate My Mayor rating first, so maybe sign up there too and do a few trades with people (it might take a while before your RMM account is set up though). I haven't visited any shared towns in a few months, so I don't know how things are now, but before, some of them were Powersaved towns that had all kinds of unorderable items for anyone to visit and pick up. It didn't matter if people took the items because the towns were Powersaved and the items could be restored. Some towns don't have items at all and just have a town full of weeds for people working on the weeding badges. You'll always want to check the rules of the town and if it's Powersaved or not before permanently taking anything from any town.

If no one plays anymore can I get your rare flowers? :lol: I mistakenly dug up my own white carnation (That I did;t even know I had until it was too late.). I could always use more funny rose colors and such too. :)

Curious... I'm debating jumping back into this game, but by starting over fresh. Wondering if a group here would want to do this as well so we can all start trading and doing various events again.

I just want to get lost in a game and I've been craving a new AC game for a while, but the closest thing we have is New Leaf. It's to the point where I was looking for Wild World just to play that since I had skipped that game as I did City Folk.

Curious... I'm debating jumping back into this game, but by starting over fresh. Wondering if a group here would want to do this as well so we can all start trading and doing various events again.

I just want to get lost in a game and I've been craving a new AC game for a while, but the closest thing we have is New Leaf. It's to the point where I was looking for Wild World just to play that since I had skipped that game as I did City Folk.
Been out of the game for almost 2 years. Firedthe game up and had so much interest in bells. I thinkmy bell count was like 24M. Hehe! Dont even know what to use it now

Been out of the game for almost 2 years. Firedthe game up and had so much interest in bells. I thinkmy bell count was like 24M. Hehe! Dont even know what to use it now
I haven't checked where I left off, but all the work I put intoy town, I start debating if erasing my town is smart. Maybe I should just find Wild World.

I started playing this week, not too much has changed in the last few months. No one left including Pate who is in the worse spot possible. I wouldn't erase the game, just buy a new couple or something. (Like one digital and one physical)

I ended up buying Wild World off eBay since I've never played it. It'll come in next week. Anyone mind to tell me what I'll be annoyed with that got changed in New Leaf. If anyone wants to trade, however you can trade in that game, let me know since it'll be a fresh game for me.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is getting a free update this fall, which will let players scan amiibo to unlock more content in game. It looks as if a normal villager card will make that character move in. The Animal Crossing figures are also compatible, and there is a tease of Splatoon content. Two squirrels that look like Callie and Marie can move into town, and there also appear to be furniture and clothing items based on Splatoon and the Squid Sisters. Since the update seems to be amiibo-based, they might be only obtainable with the Callie and Marie amiibo.

Hopefully more information comes soon! We’ll update when it does. In the meantime, check out the images of the new content below!
SOURCE: http://nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf-free-update-coming-this-fall-adds-more-amiibo-compatibility-and-splatoon-content/

I read this last night.

This is beyond stupid. 

They release 2-3 series of cards that no one collects because they are overpriced and pointless. They release the spinoff game with the card reader, and then a year later say they are doing this? That's fucking stupid. I would have bought the spinoff game and card reader from Target / Amazon for $25 when I had the chance then. This is ridiculous. VERY bad planning on Nintendo's part.

Thankfully I have been playing the game again and have been having fun. I just wish they would release specials every month like they used to.

I read this last night.

This is beyond stupid.

They release 2-3 series of cards that no one collects because they are overpriced and pointless. They release the spinoff game with the card reader, and then a year later say they are doing this? That's fucking stupid. I would have bought the spinoff game and card reader from Target / Amazon for $25 when I had the chance then. This is ridiculous. VERY bad planning on Nintendo's part.

Thankfully I have been playing the game again and have been having fun. I just wish they would release specials every month like they used to.
Best Buy and Amazon have the NFC reader for $9.99 if you just want that.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-NFC-Reader-Writer-Accessory-3DS/dp/B01307Q6ZC

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-nfc-reader-writer-for-nintendo-3ds-multi/4288800.p?id=1219740801809&skuId=4288800

I haven't touched this game since the first few months it was out.  I might jump back in with the Amiibo and card stuff.  It's funny because just prior to this announcement I bought a couple of cheap Series 2 cards from Amazon just for the hell of it (and because I never see them on sale).  They were $3.79 direct from Amazon (saw it on the front page of CAG the other day).  Now with the announcement I suppose they are back up again ($4.47).  But still not a bad price if you have Prime for free shipping.  I think I bought one single pack of Series 1 cards way back when I didn't know what they were for.  I'll have to find those ;).

I actually own both the Wii U AC game and the Happy Home Designer (with NFC reader) but I never opened either.  I got them both pretty cheap though.

I don't want to waste $10 on a useless thing when Target and Animal had the game and the reader for $20.

But I'll probably be passing. The cards aren't common and I'm not going to hunt down cards just for the hell of it. I wish they would just include some free new things in the game too along with this stuff.

Getting to pick your villager is pretty neat. That actually sounds like something I would enjoy... if I still played this game with any regularity. I would also want a way to make a villager stay permanently, and a way to force a villager to move out.

Just to clarify, if I have a "New" Nintendo 3DS then I don't need the NFC reader to use the cards, right?

Getting to pick your villager is pretty neat. That actually sounds like something I would enjoy... if I still played this game with any regularity. I would also want a way to make a villager stay permanently, and a way to force a villager to move out.

Just to clarify, if I have a "New" Nintendo 3DS then I don't need the NFC reader to use the cards, right?
Correct

I restarted. I have some cards, and since it seems like several places are selling them cheaply I may pick up a few more.

Didn't really care for Happy Home Designer, but I got the NFC reader too so if I need to force a villager out of my other town I can. Really, I just want Eugene in my main. 

Oddly, I have a lot of the Animal Crossing amiibo. Going for the set. 

bread's done
Back