Animal Crossing New Leaf

I have some cards, and since it seems like several places are selling them cheaply I may pick up a few more.
Do you mind sharing the places that have them cheap? I checked ebay/amazon and they're asking a lot for individual cards. I picked up 3 of my favorite villagers just in case the prices go even higher after the update.

I tried looking into it and they don't say specifically that using a card will make the villager move in. The official Amiibo page just says the villager will visit the campsite. But we know that harassing a camper can persuade them to move into your town if you have a slot available, so that could be the way it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mind sharing the places that have them cheap? I checked ebay/amazon and they're asking a lot for individual cards. I picked up 3 of my favorite villagers just in case the prices go even higher after the update.

I tried looking into it and they don't say specifically that using a card will make the villager move in. The official Amiibo page just says the villager will visit the campsite. But we know that harassing a camper can persuade them to move into your town if you have a slot available, so that could be the way it's done.
My local Walmart had a bunch on clearance, and a few mom&pop stores bought boxes hoping to cash in and didn't.

My local Walmart had a bunch on clearance, and a few mom&pop stores bought boxes hoping to cash in and didn't.
Thanks! I'll check them out next time I'm in a Walmart.

But I'm happy I got a couple of the dog cards already. If I can get them to move into my town and they release the new items then this game will have new life.

To save time look up the idem number online (Last several numbers) and then use this....

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

I couldn't find series 3 and series 2 near me says normal price, but series 1 is $2.
Wow, you should definitely try and get those $2 packs!

They're all $5.84 in my area, even trying different zip codes doesn't bring down the price. Right now I see them at Best Buy Gamer's Club for $4.79. Or random 3rd party seller on Amazon/Ebay for $3.XX (series 1). That's too much $$ for only 6 cards :-({|=

I went and they had tags. $2 on both series 1 and 2 from July 6th, weren't a single one left. The website isn't 100% right, so it's worth a stop if you are near another Walmart that doesn't show clearance price.

I honestly feel even $2 is a little high for 6 freaking cards.

Anyone excited about the updates today? Debating whether I should restart my town with the new option. And bringing in Zelda characters looks like a lot of fun.

I'm excited they rolled it all out today! But I'm a dork so maybe I'm the only one :lol:

The new cards won't be out until December, but thanks to ebay and Bestbuy sales I have a ton of regular cards and figures now so I'm excited to try out those features. They added a lot of little things to do, like extra storage, doing town activities to earn MEOW tickets, and balloons can now drop regular items, so that's fun. Figuring out how to unlock all that new furniture should be a blast.

Surprised by the little mini games they showed, Reddit said you get the WiiU and 3DS items through fortune cookies.

This was posted to a FB AC group about some of the ways they updated the game, besides the things they mentioned in the video:

-You can now sit on rocks
-Balloons contain other items beside balloon furniture
-New Fortune cookie items (Including Wii U and 3DS)
-You can interact with things in front of you while sitting down
-MEOW Coupons can be exchanged for 3k Bells each
-You can shake trees with equipment in your hands
-Glitches have been patched
-Social media features to share screenshots straight to FB and Twitter
-Wearing a Mii mask will change your skin color accordingly
-Moving an Amiibo vilager in to a full town allows you to choose who moves out

I wonder what "glitches" were patched.

I'm glad you can get more than just balloon furniture from balloons now. That would've been nice when I was playing the game, but now I don't even use my slingshot anymore.

EDIT: According to Bell Tree Forums, you can find Wisp the day after you update.

This was posted to a FB AC group about some of the ways they updated the game, besides the things they mentioned in the video:

-You can now sit on rocks
-Balloons contain other items beside balloon furniture
-New Fortune cookie items (Including Wii U and 3DS)
-You can interact with things in front of you while sitting down
-MEOW Coupons can be exchanged for 3k Bells each
-You can shake trees with equipment in your hands
-Glitches have been patched
-Social media features to share screenshots straight to FB and Twitter
-Wearing a Mii mask will change your skin color accordingly
-Moving an Amiibo vilager in to a full town allows you to choose who moves out

I wonder what "glitches" were patched.

I'm glad you can get more than just balloon furniture from balloons now. That would've been nice when I was playing the game, but now I don't even use my slingshot anymore.

EDIT: According to Bell Tree Forums, you can find Wisp the day after you update.
I wonder if Wisp needs to be found after midnight or not. I definitely hope not :/

I haven't found him either. People have said Wisp showed up as they were walking around town. But most of the people who got him say they time traveled to tomorrow. I won't be doing that. That's against the rules :shame:

One of my fortune cookies had the WiiU item in it and, wow!, the Desert Island Escape game is super fun!

You pick three villagers at the cost of 2 play coins each, or scan 3 amiibo cards for free entry. Some villagers, like the cat Kiki (or all cats?), have special abilities like fishing without needing a rod. Walker the dog could detect nearby items, and Octavian could make tools instead of taking his turn. I played levels 1 and 2 and it wasn't too difficult to get the 37,000 point goal the second time. However it only amounted to two MEOW coupons. There are a bunch of levels so maybe those will be harder and give more.

So am I the only one whose 3DS suddenly can't connect to the Nintendo eShop to download the update? Fixed that.

How am I supposed to get the extra storage?

I think I might forgo trying to figure out where I was at my town and what I need to do and just start over. Not even worried about lost rares, as I just want to relax. Maybe I'll shuffle some to my cart town, or just Action Replay to get them later. 

I wish I could do what I did on the GC, stick in another memory card and have a second town.

I'm still trying to figure out what the new things do and if I should both with the Amiibo thing or the spinoff game. I wish I got HHD when it was $25 with the reader at Target awhile back but mine was sold out. Now the reader went from $10 last year to $20 this year.

How am I supposed to unlock the easier way to redesign rooms? The MEOW thing wants me to hang clothing on the wall, but I'm assuming I need the new designer way to do that.

One thing I find very curious is that you trade Bells for MEOW coupons, but you can't trade in Bells for the island money. I would have thought Nintendo would have added that because there is a useless ATM on the island.

How am I supposed to get the extra storage?

How am I supposed to unlock the easier way to redesign rooms?
Talk to Nook to get the storage. I haven't downloaded the update yet, but he gives you the option to add the secret storeroom. It takes a day to build like the rest of the house upgrades and costs 158K bells. Since it's a house upgrade, you also have to make sure your debt is paid off before you can start the project. Once it's built, you access it on your touch screen when you're in the house, next to the light switch. Then you can go back to Nook's and Lottie will be there to teach you about designing like in HHD.

Talk to Nook to get the storage. I haven't downloaded the update yet, but he gives you the option to add the secret storeroom. It takes a day to build like the rest of the house upgrades and costs 158K bells. Since it's a house upgrade, you also have to make sure your debt is paid off before you can start the project. Once it's built, you access it on your touch screen when you're in the house, next to the light switch. Then you can go back to Nook's and Lottie will be there to teach you about designing like in HHD.
Thank you!

The reason why he wasn't talking about it is I have been updating my house on the outside and he can't do both at the same time. So I jumped ahead to tomorrow and it's all set. The storage is the part I really want. I have mistakenly gotten rid of rare furniture and wallpaper / floors to save on space. I want to make the four rooms in the museum into show rooms when nI get bored in the winter, one with rare flowers, like a picnic area, another with Nintendo backgrounds and such.

Also Wisp showed up, I have him. He was just behind the town square tree. I have no Amiiboo or the reader, but the Amiibo figures are still super cheap on Amazon, probably not for much longer.

The little things in the update are wonderful. I thought I could trade in bells for MEOW but it was only the other way around so opps. :) You can sit on big rocks, the RV is always different, the moving of furniture is so much better, the secret closet is nearly perfect. You can shake trees with a fishing pole in your hand. The little missions change every day. One was to get trash. I couldn't find a piece, but in 20 minutes I caught 3 fish I never did before.

Even without the Amiibos I'm so glad Nintendo gave us an update. I wish they did these little things sooner, like before launching the cards at all.

Yep! They did a terrific job with this update. It feels like a brand new game. The storage. The storage is awesome! I can keep all the non-orderable furniture sets now.

Butch set up his sign and he should be in my town tomorrow! Walker is set to move in next and then I have 8 more dog villager cards ready to scan. I haven't even scanned an Amiibo figure yet because I want to get all my dogs moved in as fast as possible.

Unfortunately, fortune cookies have been a bust these last two days, but I'm getting really good at Desert Island Escape.

The only thing I don't like about the RVs is that you can only order 3 pieces of furniture per day. Nat had a bunch of cool bug/leaf furniture and I wanted it all, but now I have to wait for his next visit.

The only thing I don't like about the RVs is that you can only order 3 pieces of furniture per day. Nat had a bunch of cool bug/leaf furniture and I wanted it all, but now I have to wait for his next visit.
I lost 4 MEOW coupons when I traded them in for Bells by mistake. Never play when sleepy. :lol: But it makes sense. There may only be 10 different RVs that come in so they want to limit how much you can buy so you have to wait for the next time.

How did you get your cards? Do you buy the mystery packs or just trade / buy what you wanted? I want a town full of birds. I miss the Penguin I had, I have an Eagle, Midge (Who I loved in the Gamecube version) is supposed to move in soon, and I have a duck but he's in the worst location.

My favorite is I stated to redo the things you can build in town. My options suck. They kept complaining it was underdeveloped and they I reached the max limit. I think I have too many lights and hey don't like that, but I hardly have anything decent to build.

And what can you transfer over from HHD?

I really want Tortimer in my town. Too many choices! Too many cards! Damn you Nintendo!

How did you get your cards? Do you buy the mystery packs or just trade / buy what you wanted? I want a town full of birds. I miss the Penguin I had, I have an Eagle, Midge (Who I loved in the Gamecube version) is supposed to move in soon, and I have a duck but he's in the worst location.
I bought a few packs and individual cards from amazon and ebay back when the update was first announced. Then I got really lucky and snagged some card lots on ebay. 110 different cards for $40 and then a 53 card lot for $10.

Series 1 lots usually go the cheapest while individual card prices have skyrocketed! With no rhyme or reason for 1 card to be worth more than another.

If you do have your heart set on an individual card stalk ebay for it. Bookmark the search criteria and then check back often. A lot of the cards are going for a high price but every now and then someone will throw the card up for just a few dollars. Then you pounce :boxing:

The figures I bought new from Bestbuy. They will often put them on sale for around $3 - $8 each. If you're a Gamers Club member they're even cheaper.

My favorite is I stated to redo the things you can build in town. My options suck. They kept complaining it was underdeveloped and they I reached the max limit. I think I have too many lights and hey don't like that, but I hardly have anything decent to build.
It's so random what they suggest. The only thing you can do it wait around for one of them to ping you. Make sure you don't have anything in your pockets so they don't suggest a trade.

And what can you transfer over from HHD?
If you have HHD data synced with New Leaf you get a couple of new items to order from Nooks. Random things like an ant, a house, teddy bear, inflatable resetti, etc.

They're all comically oversized so it limits your decorating options. Since you can order them from Nooks I bet you could catalog them in a friends town and get them that way.

I bought a few packs and individual cards from amazon and ebay back when the update was first announced. Then I got really lucky and snagged some card lots on ebay. 110 different cards for $40 and then a 53 card lot for $10.

Series 1 lots usually go the cheapest while individual card prices have skyrocketed! With no rhyme or reason for 1 card to be worth more than another.

If you do have your heart set on an individual card stalk ebay for it. Bookmark the search criteria and then check back often. A lot of the cards are going for a high price but every now and then someone will throw the card up for just a few dollars. Then you pounce :boxing:

It's so random what they suggest. The only thing you can do it wait around for one of them to ping you. Make sure you don't have anything in your pockets so they don't suggest a trade.
Yeah I took a look at bay really quick (I have never used eBay and have no pay-pal), there are EU and Japanese lot of 250 with a lot of duplicates. Or 15 for $6 with free shipping (then says shipping is $4. Now I remember why I don't use it. One Isabelle is $10 and a Joan is $3. Too funny.

Gamestop has packs of $4.

I have tried to get the people to give me better building options by the trick of empty pockets and hiding in the ocean for a bit, still nothing good.

I'm treaty disappointed. There was a glitch in which you could go onto the tracks and the bridge using a net. They patched it! I have always wanted to go o the bridge.

I'll have my gate open for a while, but I'll be afk. Free stuff (mostly duplicate animal pics) by the train station. Closed now.

Zipper and Wisp are at the campground.

[customspoiler=Items they're selling]Harvey is selling a watermelon and a garden faucet.

Zipper is selling:

egg wall
egg floor
bunny hood
donburi
egg chair
egg table
hot plate
imperial pot
omelet

Wisp is selling:

lunar horizon
galaxy floor
GameCube drawer
NDS Lite bench
Nintendo bench
Nintendo DSi bench
villager statue
Wii Remote cabinet
Wii U console[/customspoiler]

I'll have my gate open for a while, but I'll be afk. Free stuff (mostly duplicate animal pics) by the train station. Closed now.

Zipper and Wisp are at the campground.

Wisp is selling:

Is that the Wii U console that plays a mini-game?

Is that the Wii U console that plays a mini-game?
Yes, it said it had Desert Island Escape when your character interacts with it, but you can't play it inside of the camper. I haven't spent any MEOW coupons yet since I'm still sorting my inventory and full mailbox.

I'll be trying out different Amiibo/cards and opening my gate for people to visit the campers. If people aren't having luck with getting a Wii U from fortune cookies and just want to buy it with MEOW coupons, I'll see if I can get Wisp to park there again.

There are other visitors that have the Wii U also... here's a list of RV furniture.

Yes, it said it had Desert Island Escape when your character interacts with it, but you can't play it inside of the camper. I haven't spent any MEOW coupons yet since I'm still sorting my inventory and full mailbox.

I'll be trying out different Amiibo/cards and opening my gate for people to visit the campers. If people aren't having luck with getting a Wii U from fortune cookies and just want to buy it with MEOW coupons, I'll see if I can get Wisp to park there again.

There are other visitors that have the Wii U also... here's a list of RV furniture.
I'd love to stop by when you have the gates open. I'd love to buy a Wii U, so much easier than waiting for a 1 in 50 chance with a cookie.

And I haven't been feeling great and forgot today was Sunday. I meant to buy Tom Nook, Mabel, and Mr. Resetii from Target for like $12. (They are $6 and were buy 2 get 1.)

My gate is open! Let me know if you get any errors. I haven't really used this new router/access point with my 3DS yet.

Gate is closed now.

Joan is selling turnips for 99 bells until noon Pacific time.

Saharah and Rover are at the campground.

[customspoiler=Campground items for sale]Harvey

billboard
hose reel

Saharah

tent wall
tent rug
Aquarius urn
cabin low table
genie's lamp
loom (with yellow fabric)
loom (with blue fabric)
round mini cactus
tile screen

Rover

train-window wall
school-hall floor
Boston bag
hanging strap
laptop
metal-rim table
New Nintendo 3DS
rolling suitcase
Rover suitcase
strapped books
train seat

Oh sweet you are still open! Wii U here I come! :)

What is a tree / stone / sky / earth egg? I have never seen those before.

I need to fire this game back up again after 3+ years of not playing it.  Anything different these days? I'm guessing so since it seems like you people are speaking a different language up above!

I have a brand new New 3DS and I'm going on a trip tomorrow (where I have more time to play 3DS games).  But I won't have my Amiibos with me.  I have a couple of packs of unopened cards though.  Should I bring them with me?  I have no idea what they do in AC.  What does scanning an Amiibo or card do for you?  I could fire it up before I go tonight and scan some Amiibo I guess.

Anything different these days?

I have a brand new New 3DS and I'm going on a trip tomorrow (where I have more time to play 3DS games). But I won't have my Amiibos with me. I have a couple of packs of unopened cards though. Should I bring them with me? I have no idea what they do in AC. What does scanning an Amiibo or card do for you? I could fire it up before I go tonight and scan some Amiibo I guess.
The new update made some changes to the game - like being able to sit on rocks, shake trees while holding a tool, design your home like in Happy Home Designer, etc. It added a lot more items, a secret storage room for 360 additional inventory slots, a couple of mini games if you have the in-game Wii U console (lets you play Desert Island Escape) and New Nintendo 3DS (lets you play Animal Crossing Puzzle League), a campground area for RVs, a new form of currency called MEOW coupons and initiatives for earning coupons.

The next game day after you start playing the new update, Wisp's lamp will be somewhere in your town. When you put the lamp in your house, Wisp will let you use an Amiibo to grant one wish per day - list of compatible Amiibo and cards. You can either ask the character for a present or invite them to camp in the new campground. Each character will have things you can buy with MEOW coupons. Some characters can be invited to move into your town - even if you have a full town (you'll choose who you want to move out, if your town is full).

If you haven't played in a few years, the game will even get rid of all of your weeds (clovers not included) when you update.

If you haven't played in a few years, the game will even get rid of all of your weeds (clovers not included) when you update.
Nice ;). I'm sure mine was choked with weeds.

It's too bad about the next day thing as I can start it up and update now but then I won't have any Amiibo with me after tonight. Should I bring the cards with me though?

The Amiibos aren't necessary to use the new campground area. There will always be a camper there that don't require any Amiibos, but those campers are non-villager NPCs that can't be invited to move in.

Advantages of Amiibos:

Wisp gives you 5 MEOW coupons when he grants a wish

You can choose which character you want to visit you & move into town (or buy their items)

You can use the Amiibo camera feature - it's kind of like the camera in Pokemon Go, but you can pick multiple characters to be in the picture. Amiibos aren't necessary for this either since you can use the villagers who are already in your town.

If you're playing Desert Island Escape, you can use Amiibo instead of spending Play Coins

An easy way to get a pic from that character (instead of inviting them to camp) - not all characters give pictures though

I'm not sure if there's anything else they do, but maybe bringing some cards would be good.

EDIT: I guess cards and figures work differently, according to reddit. Cards will only let you get pictures, a random spotlight item, or invite them to move in, while the figures let you invite them to the campground. Amiibo update FAQ from reddit.

Did you also order the New Nintendo 3DS? You can play Puzzle League with it, I think.

The eggs are leftovers from Bunny Day/Easter.
Opps. No, just the Wii U. I'll come back sometime and get the 3DS. I only have 8 Meow Coupons.

I just realized the other day I have never played on Easter.

So would I get 5 MEOW coupons if I used some older series cards and had the characters move to town? Because I'm having a hell of a time getting decent things to gain coupons and 5 a day sounds awesome. I am curious, and we won't know the answer to December 2, if the card Amiibos come to the campsite will their stuff cost 5 coupons or 3 coupons like the daily visitor?

And Amiibos go to campsite and Series 1-4 of the cards didn't have that built in (making releasing the cards lame), so the new RV cards will be able to go to the campsite. You can see them all online.

I still need the scanner, I wish I got it last year for $10. Probably buy it sometime soon or maybe ask for it for Christmas.

I ordered a Wii U when I had tapped the villager amiibo. Of course a day later I got a Wii U from a fortune cookie. So that's up for grabs for anyone who wants it here.

Anyone want Mabel exclusive items? Just finished cataloging them. Im up for trading amiibo exclusive items if anyone wants. I have Mabel, Ganon, and Wolf Link stuff. Will have more amiibos by the end of the week.

Well, I have a couple of packs of Series 2 cards that I stuck in my computer bag to bring with me.  I'll figure this game out once again when I have some time in my hotel starting tomorrow night.

I started it up today and the campground seemed... underwhelming.  The one guy was selling garbage (literally) and there was another guy selling furniture you could order.  I didn't check it out yet but will do that tomorrow.  That was all I saw there.

I had forgotten how much time I spent decorating my town (with floor tiles) and my house.  My house is full of stuff!

I started it up today and the campground seemed... underwhelming.

Ummm... Welcome to Animal Crossing! :lol: I mean you have played the game before right? The update is campsite is small, but it's a free update 4 years after the game came out. You can now control who can live in your town through the cards, they have come up with new things to do every day. I'm grateful for it.

I do wish they would still add a farm to grow flowers and such then cook the stuff like in Harvest Moon but whatever.

Thank you for explaining everything, Miranda :bow:  I'm glad you can order from another person's campground. I'll probably have to resort to that to get the 3ds. The dog villagers are just too darn cute and I can't stop moving them into town. I have Butch, Walker, Goldie, and Lucky so far.

My balloon items are still balloon furniture, but I don't check for balloons very often.

They need to lower the points requirements for Desert Island Escape. It's nearly impossible to get a good score without defeating the centipedes and bees. But fighting them means you could lose and then have to skip a turn resting, which makes you run out of days/time/food easily. Those spinning chance wheels have always gotten the better of me!

I got a garden faucet from a balloon. Harvey was selling it two days ago, so I guess balloons are another way to get his items without coupons. I still get balloon furniture too, but also random furniture.

My gate is open again. Redd is in town, Pascal and K.K. are camping. My friend said she got errors visiting, so if you have any problems let me know.

EDIT: I got Resetti'd and there's server maintenance now. I'll open the gates again when it's done.

Gate closed now.

[customspoiler=Campground items]Harvey

propane tanks
cruiser bike

Pascal

sea view
ship deck
beach chair
large bookshelf
lily-pad table
Pondering (music box w/K.K. song)
sea globe
stack of books
treasure chest

K.K.

white brick wall
modern wood flooring
brown seat
DJ K.K. booth
guitar case
K.K. Cruisin'
K.K. Jazz
K.K. Song
metal-rim table
New 3DS - K.K.
Pondering

I've been playing the island game and kept getting 35,500 to 37,500 and you need to get 37,000 (In beginning) to get TWO meow coupons, so not worth it.

Can anyone suggest a nice blue or black flooring? I have an Astro room but all the pieces are blue and not orange. I hate how you can't change the flooring (right?) so I need a nice one to match it. For a wall I'm using an 'ocean horizon' that Nintendo just sent me for playing the Island mini-game.

I've been trying my luck with fortune cookies and finally got one of the new items after 6 cookies (Wii U).

Since there's no Election Day in AC, the villagers are stuck with me as mayor!

My gate will be open again today. Wendell and Epona are at the campground.

EDIT: Closed now.

[customspoiler=Campground items]Harvey

menu chalkboard
watermelon

Wendell

concrete wall
paintball floor
crayons
pasta
retro fridge
rice balls
roasted dino meat
scattered papers
sloppy sink
sloppy table
tacos
Wendell's painting

Epona

Hyrule wall
Zelda floor
Epona outfit
Gossip Stone
Link hat
Link outfit
Lon Lon milk
new hero wig
new hero's outfit
Piece of Heart
Sheik mask
Sheik outfit
Sheik pants
Termina's moon[/customspoiler]

I restarted. (My digital town, that is. My original cart is still okay, and mostly item storage)

There are Hello Kitty items in the update. I don't know if they are buyable or not, yet. I'll know later. 

My town is still up and running, not going to restart.

I just got a dog villager; since I have a original 3DS I don't have a aimbo reader, prolly going to look for one once I get some extra moola. Either that, or consider getting a New 3DS; I still don't see a very compelling reason gamewise to update since my purple 3DS plays just about everything I throw at it.

Can anyone suggest a nice blue or black flooring? I have an Astro room but all the pieces are blue and not orange. I hate how you can't change the flooring (right?) so I need a nice one to match it. For a wall I'm using an 'ocean horizon' that Nintendo just sent me for playing the Island mini-game.
Do you like the look of the Blue Flooring? People also make patterns that you could scan; I found this by searching for 'blue astro floor':

http://brewsterscoffee.tumblr.com/post/114826503466/blue-astro-floor-and-wall-to-match-customized

bread's done
Back