Animal Crossing New Leaf

Do you guys buyout all the items daily? Ive been doing it for the last week. Hardly enough storage space in my closet now. Grrr! Is there anyway to hoard more items? Or does the game want you to sell or give out your items away?Anyway. ive been buying stuff coz ive read that stores upgrade based on sales theyve made. So i guessed the more you buy the faster they upgarde. Im the type of gamer that likes to keep at least one copy of everything in-game. And this limited storage is bugging me.

There is a catalogue you can order from in nooks shop once it upgrades. You can also attach items to letters and store them in the post office. Some people create another character in their town to hold extra items.

Man i dont want to create another character just to store items. Itll feel like in lending the item. Hehe. So as far as the catalogue goes, You have to rebuy the item if you want it use it again? Bummer. Why cant it have like a bottomless box? Hmph!

Ah- then that would work better than I was expecting. My kids would rather I did the early bird one, so there's still an issue. LOL. Or can you do both and both have earlier and later times at the same time? If you start one project you have to finish it before doing another, right? We are working on a bridge right now.
Public works projects and ordinances are separate. I'm building a bridge and I have a beautiful ordinance in effect. I believe you can only have one ordinance in place, however. It's 20,000 bells for an ordinance and I think she mentioned they don't charge you for ending the previous ordinance. It sort of sounds like you cna have multiple, but I think they meant you won't get double billed. I'm not sure.

Ah- then that would work better than I was expecting. My kids would rather I did the early bird one, so there's still an issue. LOL. Or can you do both and both have earlier and later times at the same time? If you start one project you have to finish it before doing another, right? We are working on a bridge right now.

its one at a time. it doesnt stack unfortunately.

Don't know if this has been posted, but this link details the official method by which to download the exclusive items at Best Buy. I won't be there until later this week, so I can't speak as to whether the information is accurate.

Man I could really use an axe.

Thanks to those who came by Gotham last night and paid off the campsite and left behind a bunch of bells. Helped a lot.

Question. I changed my clock to suit my needs (I mostly play at night) but I have the night ordinance now. If I change it back to match my time, will it screw anything up? Basically, can I go back to the past without messing things up?

[quote name="jza1218" post="10838261" timestamp="1371495470"]
Man I could really use an axe.

Thanks to those who came by Gotham last night and paid off the campsite and left behind a bunch of bells. Helped a lot.

Question. I changed my clock to suit my needs (I mostly play at night) but I have the night ordinance now. If I change it back to match my time, will it screw anything up? Basically, can I go back to the past without messing things up?[/quote]
Ive never time travelled so im not sure how big the effect of time travelling is. As far as i know, the only thing about time travelling is that if ever you bought turnips and time travelled. The turnips will go bad. I think the develops put that in place so people wont exploit the market to gain infinite bells.

Oh and the axe will only be available for purchase once youve unlocked the gardening store, so water flowers and pluck weeds and get that store unlocked already. Hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyo.

I'll leave my gates open as it is raining in my town for maybe an hour.

Native fruit is orange so bring anything you care to share. 

Do not have the island yet just FYI

Also have an extra shovel if anyone needs it

How do you get the watering can? Is that just luck of the draw at Nook's Junction? I have only seen shovel, net and fishing pole. No watering cans.

no idea how to connect at work.  added everyone who's added me so far.

my gates are open now.  (though i'm probably going to take a nap, so forgive me if you stop in and i don't interact with you.)  been raining in Woot Wit most of the day, and it is now. 

watering can becomes available for sale in Lief's little gardening shop.  anyone found a slingshot yet?

How do you get the watering can? Is that just luck of the draw at Nook's Junction? I have only seen shovel, net and fishing pole. No watering cans.
I have seen it for sell at the gardening shop. That shop seems to swap between that and the axe.

For anyone who is needing an axe the garden shop in my town is selling one today. I have opened my gates to my town. Feel free to take any fruit you need to finish your collection. Cool points to anyone who can identify what my town tune is.

Remind me again what you can catch when it is raining besides the Coelacanth?  It is raining in my town for the first time.  I caught all sorts of new fish earlier but I think that was just because it was my first time playing before 4pm and a lot of them are "morning" fish.

Remind me again what you can catch when it is raining besides the Coelacanth? It is raining in my town for the first time. I caught all sorts of new fish earlier but I think that was just because it was my first time playing before 4pm and a lot of them are "morning" fish.
I think coelacanth is it.

Coelacanth is the only fish you can catch specifically in the rain.  It has to be done at the ocean (island or the edge of town), between 4pm and 9am, and its' shadow is slightly bigger than that of a Sea Bass.

Gonna have my gate open.  It's currently raining, and I have Katrina in my town today.  Get your fortune read so I can get her to open up her shop on Main Street  :)

Coelacanth is the only fish you can catch specifically in the rain. It has to be done at the ocean (island or the edge of town), between 4pm and 9am, and its' shadow is slightly bigger than that of a Sea Bass.
D'oh - and of course this is the one time I'm fishing before 4pm. Hopefully the rain stays when I play later tonight.

I thought there was a river fish or one that was in the waterfall only in the rain?

Rain stays until the beginning of the next day, 6am.  After that, it still might be raining.

I luckily caught mine this morning around 5am.

How do you find a painting? Just from neighbors trying to sell them

I need a painting to upgrade the Museum as the only painting I got was a fake.

Don't know if this has been posted, but this link details the official method by which to download the exclusive items at Best Buy. I won't be there until later this week, so I can't speak as to whether the information is accurate.
Thank you! I tried going to BB earlier and didn't know you had to actually start the game. Thought you just had to click the Nintendo Zone app. Thankfully the BB is just down the street from where I work, so I'll try it again tomorrow.

If you do the night owl ordinance does that also mean that stores open later (in the morning)? Because I don't want that since my kids are playing too and they'd play more in the morning.
I believe if you do night owl, close time extends and opening time remains the same. Early bird, is the oposite. Opens early and closes regular hours.
Not at all stores. Nook Homes, and Abel Sisters both also open later with the night owl.

How do you find a painting? Just from neighbors trying to sell them
I need a painting to upgrade the Museum as the only painting I got was a fake.
Neighbors, and Crazy Redd's Tent I believe. There was a site posted somewhere that showed how to spot the fake paintings, so you don't buy one from Redd. I didn't know the townsfolk would give/sell you a fake.

I tried to go to Best Buy tonight but their nintendo zone thing wasn't working. I asked a worker about it and they knew and were waiting on someone to come out and fix it. I guess I'll try another Best Buy.

I've been to a couple other people's towns so far but haven't opened my gates yet. I'll try to do that soon, maybe some time tomorrow since I'm off work.

I just got the garden center and that Cyrus guy just woke up. Oh and Redd was here today. I tried to search his items online and I think I bought the only real item he had. I'll find out tomorrow.

Sahara visited my town today and redecorated my house. Now it looks like the audience at a WWE event. On a Monday. Well played.

Also, had some fun with Doodofdoods Saturday night, but things got a little out of hand:

HNI_0095.jpg

I just caught 2 coelacanth within a span of 15 minutes.  That's got to be some kind of record.  One for the museum and one saved for a "Monsters of the Deep" display I'm planning for my house once it's big enough.  Added my code to the spreadsheet, I'll be adding others starting the top.  Hope it doesn't take too long...

Edit:  Added up to line 10 as friends, I'll do a bunch more tomorrow.  I need to go to bed.  Am I really the first one on the spreadsheet in Mountain time zone? 

Wow, I cleaned up on the island tonight. I went online with it but it was just my bug hunting for the most part that did it. When I went back each load I brought to Resale went for about 60k. By each load I mean that I could carry - so about 4 trips between the full cage on the dock and Resale went a long way towards paying off that upstairs expansion.

There is definitely much faster bell farming in this game than the previous ones thanks to that island. Nearly every tree would have one of the big beetles and there were lots of Emperor Butterflies (worth 2500 each).

So.. When do we get K.K.? I thought about that on Saturday. Do we have to build a coffee shop? I'm on my 3rd bridge now but never saw a coffee shop option.
Just wanted to say thanks for this. Kinda ignored bug catching and was focusing on fishing. A trip full of fish on the island took me about 35-45min and netted me around 90k. When focusing on bugs it takes me 25-35min and I'm getting around 200k. Just gotta know which to scare and which to catch.

ALSO, IF YOU RE-NAME YOUR WIFI BestBuy YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FREE ITEM.

Buddy told me about it but I haven't tried it yet.

Just FYI for those of you who don't feel like going to Best Buy...

1. Change the name of your home wireless network (or mobile hotspot feature on your smartphone) to Bestbuy.

2. Hit the home button and wait for the system to detect that you are near a Nintendo Zone area.

3. Hop into Animal Crossing and check the post office for new presents.

4. Profit.

:D

Wow, I cleaned up on the island tonight. I went online with it but it was just my bug hunting for the most part that did it. When I went back each load I brought to Resale went for about 60k. By each load I mean that I could carry - so about 4 trips between the full cage on the dock and Resale went a long way towards paying off that upstairs expansion.

There is definitely much faster bell farming in this game than the previous ones thanks to that island. Nearly every tree would have one of the big beetles and there were lots of Emperor Butterflies (worth 2500 each).

So.. When do we get K.K.? I thought about that on Saturday. Do we have to build a coffee shop? I'm on my 3rd bridge now but never saw a coffee shop option.
Just wanted to say thanks for this. Kinda ignored bug catching and was focusing on fishing. A trip full of fish on the island took me about 35-45min and netted me around 90k. When focusing on bugs it takes me 25-35min and I'm getting around 200k. Just gotta know which to scare and which to catch.

ALSO, IF YOU RE-NAME YOUR WIFI BestBuy YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FREE ITEM.

Buddy told me about it but I haven't tried it yet.
Thanks. Just did this and it worked. Now I don't have to make the trips to Best Buy.

edit: best buy connection actually didn't work, said I was connected but that I'd already gotten the item. Do you have to go into the nintendo zone app?

Saw super dawn and bardiya had their gates open so delivered some fruit while you we're afk.

Added atomslayer, bezerker, dranakin, lord vita, xerofun, wasabi5858, bavgate, humidore, io, prim4444, bardiys27.

My fc is 3179-6221-0923 my town is called Wangsvil.

Ok got the raccoon clock now, the trick is to name your network Bestbuy not BestBuy it seems, i didn't think it mattered, but that made the difference.

I'll have to try that but it is tough because so many people in my house depend on that wireless connection. If I rename it I'll screw things up ;).

By the way, it stopped raining before I turned off my system earlier so I thought I was out of luck but it was raining again when I went back in this evening. First fish I got was a Coelacanth. Then my son came over to my town and caught one right away too!

1. Change the name of your home wireless network (or mobile hotspot feature on your smartphone) to Bestbuy.

2. Hit the home button and wait for the system to detect that you are near a Nintendo Zone area.

4. Profit.

I'm getting error code 003-1105 (could not connect to the access point).

I'm guessing there is a missing step there where you have to configure your wireless on your 3DS to use the new "BestBuy" and password. Or do you have to remove all security when doing this?

OK. So when I turn off the security I just get the "you already got that" message...

And trying it a third time (by detecting the Nintendo Zone while AC is running I get "No access point in range".

Yeah, this sucks ;)

Could you guys who got it to work give a little more detail? Did you have Wi-Fi security in place before and have to disable it? Were you running AC before you did this or was the 3DS off? Stuff like that.

One last attempt - made my 3DS forget my home network since I have 2 routers to cover different sides of the house and I think I was still picking up the second one sometimes which messed it up. Then I set the main router to BestBuy (or Bestbuy - doesn't seem to matter) with no security. I'm in the Home menu with AC running and the Nintendo Zone starts glowing. So I got back to AC and get "Error Code: 003-1105 Could not connect to the access point". I give the fuck up :bomb:

I'm guessing there is a missing step there where you have to configure your wireless on your 3DS to use the new "BestBuy" and password. Or do you have to remove all security when doing this?

OK. So when I turn off the security I just get the "you already got that" message...

And trying it a third time (by detecting the Nintendo Zone while AC is running I get "No access point in range".

Yeah, this sucks ;)

Could you guys who got it to work give a little more detail? Did you have Wi-Fi security in place before and have to disable it? Were you running AC before you did this or was the 3DS off? Stuff like that.

One last attempt - made my 3DS forget my home network since I have 2 routers to cover different sides of the house and I think I was still picking up the second one sometimes which messed it up. Then I set the main router to BestBuy (or Bestbuy - doesn't seem to matter) with no security. I'm in the Home menu with AC running and the Nintendo Zone starts glowing. So I got back to AC and get "Error Code: 003-1105 Could not connect to the access point". I give the fuck up :bomb:
I turned off any type of security. The 3DS is supposed to automatically detect when a Nintendo Zone is in range and connect automatically, but it doesn't always do that. So you may have to log into settings and manually add the access point and then try again to connect.

I specifically created a guest network on my router (which not all routers can do), and then named it "Bestbuy", left it open with no security. Went to my 3DS and added it manually through settings, then I made sure there were no other access points set up for the system to connect to, then jumped into the game and checked for presents and it worked.

I'll have to try that but it is tough because so many people in my house depend on that wireless connection. If I rename it I'll screw things up ;).

By the way, it stopped raining before I turned off my system earlier so I thought I was out of luck but it was raining again when I went back in this evening. First fish I got was a Coelacanth. Then my son came over to my town and caught one right away too!

4. Profit.

Yeah, this sucks ;)

With just changing my router to Bestbuy, I was also getting Could not connect to the access point. I added a Bestbuy connection(turn the security off when testing connection or you'll get the same error) in my 3DS and it worked like a charm. I only took my security off right before accepting the gift, then back on right after. No more than 10 seconds.

It's real quick so it shouldn't affect anyone in your household. Changed my router to Bestbuy, got gift and change my router back in less than 30 seconds.

That's awesome if it works! So change name of router to Bestbuy and turn off security (WPA). Make new connection on 3DS to the this new router and you get the download in AC at the Post Office? Is that correct?

So is there any way to get villagers to move their houses?

I tried to start a public works project today (a bridge), and the ONE location I wanted to put a bridge there were houses on both sides, so Isabelle wouldn't let me do it. So frustrating.

So I changed my router name and it was recognized by that NintendoZone app or whatever but also gave me an error code. I went ahead and logged into my town and asked the girl at the post office if I had any presents available and sure enough my raccoon clock was waiting for me!

I actually work at BBY and our wireless absolutely blows because of the hundreds of devices we have connected. I'm glad I know this so I can tell people who are having trouble downloading it this little trick.

Edit:
That's awesome if it works! So change name of router to Bestbuy and turn off security (WPA). Make new connection on 3DS to the this new router and you get the download in AC at the Post Office? Is that correct?
Exactly!

You can abuse them (swatting with the net) or complain about them and hope they move out...otherwise, there isn't anything you can do. If you're supposed to be mayor, at least let me choose where they move in...=p

Gates open in my town.

Just started public works for Campsite.

And going to the island to play games.

2595-0360-3190

PM me if you add me i can add you back

You can abuse them (swatting with the net) or complain about them and hope they move out...otherwise, there isn't anything you can do. If you're supposed to be mayor, at least let me choose where they move in...=p
I doubt their house will go away, though.

bread's done
Back