Animal Crossing New Leaf

Closing up for a little bit but should be back up in like 10 or so, also I'll probably be able to stick it out until noon PST when the price drops. 

Grrr.

Doing the swim with empty inventory and no bells trick to try to get a public works request (really want the police station, lighthouse and hammock) and still getting dumb conversations--catch phrase, asking if they could call me Big Guy, thinking of moving, whether I liked spaghetti or mac n' cheese better (wtf?) etc.

Oh well, working at home so I'll just leave it and check a few more times.

Yeah, as much as I love this game there is some annoying stuff in it.

-Why not just make all the public works projects available (or pop up after certain clear activities) vs. these random suggestions

-Why not use the touch screen to show a town grid map to use for placing public works projects instead of just having to try and have Isabella tell you repeatedly it won't fit there?

-Repetitive dialogue.  Do we need the Owl waking up dialogue every time you talk to him in the museum everyday?  The stupid questions Isabella asks you to launch the game every time?  The boat captain dialogue every time we want to go to the island?

Minor nitpicks in a great game for sure though!

They seem to remove a lot of dialog from the Japanese versions of AC games.  Why I don't know.

I agree about random PWP's being annoying.  Instead of being random, certain projects shuld be assigned to 1 villager type and the first type you talk to in the morning always gives you a PWP to do.  Or just make them all available at the start.  Well, except for Town Hall and Train Station renovations, since those are unlocked by achieving certain goals.

I'm not gonna lie, I like the randomness of the projects. Having them all at once lessens the value of the game and knowing which tier animal gives said project takes the spontaneity of it all. Just my thinking though.

I'm not gonna lie, I like the randomness of the projects. Having them all at once lessens the value of the game and knowing which tier animal gives said project takes the spontaneity of it all. Just my thinking though.
Certain types can already only suggest certain projects

Yeah, it's not a big deal.  I'm just getting more annoyed with some of that stuff as I'm getting a bit burnt out on the game and just want to get the few PWP I really want done.  

Once I got the house fully expanded and pretty happy with set up I've lost a good bit of interest with the game.  I don't care to do the HHA challenges etc. as it's too much of a pain to redecorate rooms and I like my set up now.

So I'm mostly just playing for 20 minutes or so a day to check the stores each day to catalog things and see if there's anything cool, doing fortune cookies/trades until I get the last two items I need (Blue Falcon and Varia Suit clothes), getting emotions from Shrunk (half done), only digging up stuff if it rained the day before and there are gyroids since I'm done with fossils etc.

Need to work on getting some fish and bugs still as I have the list printed out and there's a few only available through August or September that I haven't gotten yet that I need to knock out as I won't still be playing this next year. :D   Could always time travel for things I miss later I guess.

Certain types can already only suggest certain projects
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I will admit, not being able to build projects where you like even though you have room to build said project is annoying. It makes you really have to plan what order you build something if you plan on expanding the area.

Yeah, it's not a big deal. I'm just getting more annoyed with some of that stuff as I'm getting a bit burnt out on the game and just want to get the few PWP I really want done.

Once I got the house fully expanded and pretty happy with set up I've lost a good bit of interest with the game. I don't care to do the HHA challenges etc. as it's too much of a pain to redecorate rooms and I like my set up now.

So I'm mostly just playing for 20 minutes or so a day to check the stores each day to catalog things and see if there's anything cool, doing fortune cookies/trades until I get the last two items I need (Blue Falcon and Varia Suit clothes), getting emotions from Shrunk (half done), only digging up stuff if it rained the day before and there are gyroids since I'm done with fossils etc.

Need to work on getting some fish and bugs still as I have the list printed out and there's a few only available through August or September that I haven't gotten yet that I need to knock out as I won't still be playing this next year. :D Could always time travel for things I miss later I guess.
What will be nice is the change of seasons. It will change up the look and bring a visual change I think we all need. We've only known this game to be sunny, overcast or rainy w/ thunder and lighting.

As I dropped off an order someone had from the ACNL G+ community, I stepped into someone's town who time travels. She was on August 4th and the fireworks were going off. For the 5 minutes I stayed it really brought an overall change of feeling about the game for me. I can't wait to see how they changed the look for the other events/holidays.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the look will help some.  

It's a shame Nintendo isn't doing DLC though as it really could use some new gameplay.  Some new mini games, more Nintendo items or fossils to collect etc.

Yeah, the look will help some.

It's a shame Nintendo isn't doing DLC though as it really could use some new gameplay. Some new mini games, more Nintendo items or fossils to collect etc.
I figure if the numbers look right to them, they will. I'd pay for new areas to explore, just not new items.

Opening now for more free for all fun.  Fossils, furniture, clothing, some wallpaper and carpet.  Nintendo items are conveniently in the column just to the right of the station.  If you need any particular fruit just ask, I got plenty.

Anyone have a decent price on turnips?  I keep missing out on some of the big numbers and I don't have a ton to get rid of...but I don't want to lose my investment either  :) 

I don't think anyone's come to visit yet.   Come on people, I know it's Friday but you should stop by anyway! ;)

Unfortunately ich00 my turnip prices are shit. 60 right now.

Anyone have a decent price on turnips? I keep missing out on some of the big numbers and I don't have a ton to get rid of...but I don't want to lose my investment either :)
It's 117 in my town right now. I don't know if you want to wait and see if someone has a better price or if you just want to come over. Let me know.

Opening now for more free for all fun. Fossils, furniture, clothing, some wallpaper and carpet. Nintendo items are conveniently in the column just to the right of the station. If you need any particular fruit just ask, I got plenty.
i think I need the stripe furniture if you have any.

My FC is 1418-6762-9200

Didn't get to play much this morning, but in Arkham today instead of fortune cookies, Super TnT had fireworks.

Probably the same in Gotham. Had no opportunity to check while at work today.

Katie is in Arkham, so I'll send her to Gotham (along with a petition that needs villager sigs).

I'll check turnip prices when I finally get to sit down and play.

I've had one fortune cookie and one sparkler the past two days in my TIY.

Had no luck getting PWP suggestions from the swimming today.  Just more of the BS stuff I posted earlier.  Even to the damn do you like spaghetti or mac n' cheese more question again from the same villager!

Didn't get to play much this morning, but in Arkham today instead of fortune cookies, Super TnT had fireworks.

Probably the same in Gotham. Had no opportunity to check while at work today.

Katie is in Arkham, so I'll send her to Gotham (along with a petition that needs villager sigs).

I'll check turnip prices when I finally get to sit down and play.
You mind if I stop by and pick up those two fossils if you don't need them or still have them?

My gates are open if anyone wants to visit.  My turnips are going for 223 per.  I also had Gulliver in town today.

One of the characters I like told me he's moving
sadto.gif

While I could stop him, I feel letting the characters leave keeps the game fresh. Plus I stopped him from moving the last time he mentioned it. If anyone would like to try and convince him to move to your town, let me know. His last day is the 7th. He's always been a nice guy to me. I hate it had to be him.

-Cesar_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png
I'd take him if he wouldn't be my third lazy villager ;-;

Asking again, anybody want Moose? He moves out on the 5th.

I'd take him if he wouldn't be my third lazy villager ;-;

Asking again, anybody want Moose? He moves out on the 5th.
Based off this link

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Cesar

He's a cranky personality, but when you read the personality portion of that link it says you may end up with a rare Cesar who is really nice. I have the rare Cesar... What to do, what to do? If I don't get anyone wanting to convince him to go to there town, I might just tell him to stay.

Pierce moves out the 7th. Looking for another Jock or a Snooty villager to replace him. Might just keep him if I can't find one I like better than him.

Based off this link

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Cesar

He's a cranky personality, but when you read the personality portion of that link it says you may end up with a rare Cesar who is really nice. I have the rare Cesar... What to do, what to do? If I don't get anyone wanting to convince him to go to there town, I might just tell him to stay.
Yeah, I meant cranky. I have Chow and Octavian already

Redd has a repeat genuine this week!  If anyone needs a genuine graceful painting, let me know!  I'll be out for a little bit but back again later today.

Finally broke 1,100,000 HHA points, so I can put my house back the way I want it and tell Lyle to go fuck himself.

Got an extra Mermaid vanity now, plus Leif gave me a silver watering can. Found a famous mushroom this morning on a special patterned stump.

Now if one of my villagers would suggest the Police Station, it'd be almost a perfect day in Gotham.

Anyone have the complete Mad Scientist set I can catalog/buy? I've got a few bits from it, but need the following:

Complex Machine

Medicine Chest

Unknown Machine

From the Doctor's Office set:

Vision Tester

From the Spaceship Bridge set (Seems to be the Spotlight items in Nookling stores)

Captain's Monitor

Crew Monitor

Putting my house back the way I want, and decided my upstairs will be a lab/science thing.

Vision Tester
I ordered it for you, so Pete should deliver it at the 5PM EST delivery time (assuming that's how that works.)

My tradelist is in my signature, so if anyone needs fossils, fortune cookie items, mermaid, cabana, balloon, golden stuff, check there! It's constantly updated.

Edit: Oh, I need to drop Katie off somewhere, if someone specifically wants her instead of dropping her off at the first person to open their gate.

I need one!

FC: 4742-5601-9252
Added and opened gates!

Sychophantom, just ordered the complex machine for you. I'll let you know when it's delivered.

Also, for the person who wanted stripe stuff yesterday... there's a striped cabinet in my Nook store today. And I can get stuff from the catalog for the rest of the striped items if you'd like. Let me know.

I ordered it for you, so Pete should deliver it at the 5PM EST delivery time (assuming that's how that works.)

My tradelist is in my signature, so if anyone needs fossils, fortune cookie items, mermaid, cabana, balloon, golden stuff, check there! It's constantly updated.

Edit: Oh, I need to drop Katie off somewhere, if someone specifically wants her instead of dropping her off at the first person to open their gate.
I want her, I'll open up in a few

Edit: open, come on by

Anyone have the complete Mad Scientist set I can catalog/buy? I've got a few bits from it, but need the following:

Complex Machine

Medicine Chest

Unknown Machine

From the Doctor's Office set:

Vision Tester

From the Spaceship Bridge set (Seems to be the Spotlight items in Nookling stores)

Captain's Monitor

Crew Monitor

Putting my house back the way I want, and decided my upstairs will be a lab/science thing.
Got you on the unknown machine and both monitors

Still can't pull my final fossil (the velociraptor skull). :/

I did catch my first Tarantula last night! It's only the second one I've seen! (The first one I saw the very first day I got the game, and, had no net!)

Thanks, everyone.

Rig, I think I may have a raptor skull for you. I had 2, and one's promised to Explicit. I'll check in a few.

If anyone wants to catalog a throne, I got one today. It's 800k bells to buy in the catalog.

bread's done
Back