Animal Crossing New Leaf

My kid sold her sparkling cider on accident. Then they wouldn't let her have more and she cried. This game is made by monsters! Seriously though, it made her cry. We got some real sparkling grape juice and let her have some.

My kid sold her sparkling cider on accident. Then they wouldn't let her have more and she cried. This game is made by monsters! Seriously though, it made her cry. We got some real sparkling grape juice and let her have some.
You can always create a new character and have Isabelle give that character a new one, and give that item to your kid.

Opening up in a few.  Turnips are 215 till noon est.  Will be afk as I'm going out.

Thanks to everyone who left me hats! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Turnips are now 616 BELLS.  HOLY SHIT!  Would greatly appreciate tips if you're rich as I didn't buy any this week. :wall:  But if you're poor, no worries.

Does the "big spike" pattern always increase 3 times in a row? My Turnip prices went from 99 to 165 to 365. Will I get one more bump?

Message me if you need to sell, and I'l do my best to accommodate you.

Turnips are now 616 BELLS. HOLY SHIT! Would greatly appreciate tips if you're rich as I didn't buy any this week. :wall: But if you're poor, no worries.
I missed you. If you're open again later, I'll sell and leave you a tip. I'm not rich, but's it's the least I can do.

I am open.  But my town has been full.  I had no idea until I reopened this thread that you guys were having trouble getting in.  I currently have 2 open slots so you both can get in now.  If you aren't on now please let me know when you are and I will definitely get you both in.

I'm done now.  Thanks.  985,600 bells per full trip of 1600 turnips, wow.

EDIT: I basically doubled my Bell total :)

I am open. But my town has been full. I had no idea until I reopened this thread that you guys were having trouble getting in. I currently have 2 open slots so you both can get in now. If you aren't on now please let me know when you are and I will definitely get you both in.
Thanks again for opening. The "Stalk Market" is helping me upgrade my house, which is the thing I always slack on with Animal Crossing games.

Has anyone tried going back to the old school Animal Crossing titles? They feel so dull in comparison. Wild World on the original DS especially feels dated (the game runs very choppy in comparison to New Leaf).

Man, some Gamefaqs jackoff thought it'd be funny to shake like half my trees and only take maybe a few pieces of fruit total.  Lots of cleanup.  Not a big deal, doesn't seem like anything else happened, but it's pretty annoying that people do this when you're doing them a favor (opening up for turnips and not requiring a tip).

Has anyone tried going back to the old school Animal Crossing titles? They feel so dull in comparison. Wild World on the original DS especially feels dated (the game runs very choppy in comparison to New Leaf).
I tried playing Wild World about a couple of weeks before New Leaf came out and...SHEESH 20fps was not kind to it. It felt so janky, though it hurts to see some of the jankiness remain in the series (the online portion especially). I really hope Nintendo fixes that in the future with more options like being always available online and make it so certain items can't be picked up in your town.

At least they fixed Katie and Pascal...they still need to fix Special Villagers a bit though.

I tried playing Wild World about a couple of weeks before New Leaf came out and...SHEESH 20fps was not kind to it. It felt so janky, though it hurts to see some of the jankiness remain in the series (the online portion especially). I really hope Nintendo fixes that in the future with more options like being always available online and make it so certain items can't be picked up in your town.

At least they fixed Katie and Pascal...they still need to fix Special Villagers a bit though.
Ok, I just read how Katie works in WW... sounds like a fuckING NIGHTMARE!

Considering the only reliable way to play online with people back in the day was Gamefaqs, which didn't have a messaging system at the time, it was REALLY REALLY bad.  It felt like you were penalized for playing with other people since she'd remain in your town for the rest of the week (til the next Monday) and you couldn't get any other Special Villagers at the time.

I still wish that Redd was like how he was in the first Animal Crossing, a permanent tent, but only open at night.  Though he only had rare items and fake/real pieces of art.

What was so bad about Pascal before? I didn't really like the whole diving thing in this game - it was okay at first, but the novelty wore off quickly once you actually had to catch scallops just to get him to show.

In Wild World, all you had to do was talk to him and listen to him. Or if you were trying to get the golden axe or his pic, you'd need to do a whole long trading sequence for it.

In City Folk, all I had to do was leave a bunch of scallops from the beach on my bridges in case Pascal showed up near one of them.

I hated the way Katie/Kaitlin worked - it was even worse if the person wasn't on your friends list anymore. At least you can take her anywhere now and she doesn't prevent other special visitors from visiting. I just ignore her now when she's in town, or if I feel like taking her somewhere, I'll take her to the town on my list that's open 24/7.

Knock on wood, but I haven't seen Katie in 4+ months

exaipfg.png

So wait a minute, I'm new to the Katie thing, I had her a few days ago not knowing who she was and I sent her to a friend that was thankfully online.  She just stays with you for a week?  That's insane.

I have a split beach because of the river, I love the fact I can just swim across it.  :)

Only thing I'm annoyed by is the GC one you knew where new houses would come in an couldn't plant trees there.  New Leaf just kills all my trees and flowers.

In Wild World, you had to reunite Katie with mother Katlyn.  Katie was in one town, Katlyn in the other.  In ACWW, you could only have 1 special villager slot per day, so both would take up that slot for the rest of the week until you re-united them.  Because of that, no other special villagers would appear in your town until she was gone or the week ended.  What's worse was that she had special items to give you, AND AND AND only the person with Katie would get the item.

Pascal's problem was that you needed to give him a Scallop when you talked to him, which were really rare seashells to pickup on the beach.  Also, he only showed up in the mornings (in WW and CF, special villagers stayed from 6am-12n and 12n-12m), which was really tough unless you had a lot of free time.

I always hated having Katie or Kaitlin show up in my town, especially if I had Kaitlin since I knew I wouldn't get anything for it, but I tried to leave my gate open for the person to drop off Katie anytime her mother was in town.

Pascal wasn't so much of a problem for me since I'd just collect any scallops I saw and leave them on my bridges - my bridges were full of them, so I was always prepared for his arrival and would pick one up before talking to him. I forgot that part about him only showing up in the mornings though. But I prefer just handing him an already prepared scallop than having to dive for one and be careful not to be too close to something that would prevent him from popping up out of the water.

I did return due to Miranda's PM. I just haven't been spending a lot of time online lately.

I don't think I ever got Katie in WW. That was the first DS game I got, too (it came with the old fat DS I still have). I may not have played it very long, and definitely nowhere near y logged time in ACNL.

I feel like I missed so much in the game. And the Snowmen are pissing me off.

Snowmen in New Leaf are a lot better than the GC one, at least there are different size types.

I love New Leaf, it makes the old ones seem so boring.  I try to save my money and not just keep changing the outside of my house and I have a collection of glasses to wear.  Nintendo really got the game right.

There are still a lot of improvements New Leaf could have in terms of taking things from other games, namely MORE INVENTORY SPACE! Wild World had the same problem >_< I feel like they should develop Animal Crossing Closet, a $5 per year item storage system that had items cross-compatible between games.  Also Brewster needs to store Gyroids again, because there's no real point in collecting Gyroids this time around.

Anyway, Joey the Duck is moving out of my town tomorrow, he sprung it on me and I'm fine with him leaving.

There are still a lot of improvements New Leaf could have in terms of taking things from other games, namely MORE INVENTORY SPACE! Wild World had the same problem &gt;_&lt; I feel like they should develop Animal Crossing Closet, a $5 per year item storage system that had items cross-compatible between games. Also Brewster needs to store Gyroids again, because there's no real point in collecting Gyroids this time around.

Anyway, Joey the Duck is moving out of my town tomorrow, he sprung it on me and I'm fine with him leaving.
The big reason why storage is ever a problem is because of the amount of things that can't be reordered from the catalog. I get that they don't want people to be able to easily complete their catalogs by just having other people order everything and they want different regions to have exclusive items, but there's so much stuff that I wouldn't be holding onto at all if I could reorder it. Even if it was ridiculously expensive to reorder something, I wouldn't mind that so much, but not being able to order something at all is the reason I'm already out of places to put any new items.

Taking away Brewster's gyroid storage was a terrible decision. They're all taking up three rooms in my museum now. I think they should add an official gyroid exhibit to the museum or a gyroid display room at the cafe - it would give people a reason to dig them up and maybe have the number of gyroids donated count towards getting the silver shovel, in addition to fossil donations. Or if they went with the cafe idea, they could have the number of gyroids given to Brewster count towards earning one of his Brewstoids.

just unlocked the QR code. What is the best website for some paths and such?
http://qrcrossing.com/home/

There's a lot of stuff on tumblr too.

Here are a couple for paths:

http://pathmagic.tumblr.com/

http://acpath.tumblr.com/

Yeah, I started to just pile all my gyroids into one of the rooms at the museums that you rent. I only keep one of each.

Damn I just dig up and sell the gyroids aside from changing out the 4 in Club LOL every once in a while. I can sometimes pull off $5,000 at Re-Tail by persuading a town animal to buy one.

KingBroly, I'll be on tomorrow to give you the NYE hats.

You can rent rooms in the museum?  :lol:

The gyroids I have always thought were a stupid add-on and I just sell them off.  If Nintendo doesn't want to make a museum room with them then I don't care about them at all.

And thanks Miranda, the QR code thing is really neat.  Once I have had the game awhile (and it becomes summer) I'll redo my town to look nice and sexy.

You can rent rooms in the museum? :lol:
It's a public works project that adds a 2nd floor with 4 8x8 exhibit rooms and a small shop. Talk to Blathers on at least 14 different days, have at least 1 item donated in each of the 1st floor exhibits and have at least 20 items total donated. At some point after meeting those requirements, a conversation with Blathers will add the museum upgrade to the PWP list.

Redd had a great statue today.  I have one already but picked it up for anyone who needs it on CAG.  First come first serve.  I also still have the ancient statue from last week, Dawn never claimed it.  I believe Miranda wanted it??  Miranda, let me know if you still want it!

Redd had a great statue today. I have one already but picked it up for anyone who needs it on CAG. First come first serve. I also still have the ancient statue from last week, Dawn never claimed it. I believe Miranda wanted it?? Miranda, let me know if you still want it!
Yes, I still need one. Do you need a moving painting? I have one if you want it.

bread's done
Back