Anime Box Sets Sale 35% Off

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Congratulations, you just bought yourself a bootleg DVD set!

This site carries bootleg DVDs. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.[/quote]

Aren't they a branch of DeepDiscountDVD? Does DD...DVD know?

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Um, it looks like this site carries legit dvd sets.... the cowboy bebop one is a legit region 1 set...[/QUOTE]

The domestic stuff looks legit, although the import stuff looks like boots. Never heard of the place before.

Anyway, not much of a deal since you can order the set for $1 mroe at Deepdiscount (w/ free shipping) rather than trying to reach the minimum spending to get free shipping at this place.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Um, it looks like this site carries legit dvd sets.... the cowboy bebop one is a legit region 1 set...[/QUOTE]
Wow, I'll be damned, it is. I noticed they did carry *some* legit DVDs, but the Cowboy Bebop: Remix box set slipped completely under my release radar.

Still, their "import" DVDs are all bootlegs, and are reason enough for a boycott.

Actually, the Cowboy Bebop Set was just an Anime Legends set. I hadn't even realized that they released one of these for Bebop

I was getting worried, for a bit, as I just orded the newly-remastered, uncut Cell saga (Dragon Ball Z) box set from them. ^_^;

[quote name='linkpwns']Actually, the Cowboy Bebop Set was just an Anime Legends set. I hadn't even realized that they released one of these for Bebop[/quote]

Me neither. I doublechecked with Rightstuf's site just to make sure. That's awesome that an affordable boxset is finally out!

I canceled my order from deepdiscount for all the separate Cowboy Bebop Remix DVDs when I found out about the Remix box set. Then one day last week I spotted it in my local FYE. A quick check online and I ordered it right away.

This site is legit. I have ordered from them many times and am very picky about my anime collection. They have imports as well as domestic stuff. Just make sure you're ordering the domestic. I've made probably over 50 orders there over the last 4 years and had no problems except 1 (defective item). Which they resolved quickly. They usually don't have very good deals. I normally shop at rightstuf, but occasionally they'll have something I can't find anywhere else and very rarely a better price.

[quote name='soup or man']This site is legit. I have ordered from them many times and am very picky about my anime collection. They have imports as well as domestic stuff. Just make sure you're ordering the domestic. I've made probably over 50 orders there over the last 4 years and had no problems except 1 (defective item). Which they resolved quickly. They usually don't have very good deals. I normally shop at rightstuf, but occasionally they'll have something I can't find anywhere else and very rarely a better price.[/quote]

I can second that. I 've ordered from them for well over 3 years now. I don't have too many problems, but out of about 20 DVDs that I order. One of my DVDs will fall loose while being shipped and I get a DVD with light scuffs on it. They're packaging could be better(Like Rightstuffs), but if there's a sweet deal I get on it. If I were you guys I'd check back next Tuesday(Tuesday is when they change their promos) because they shift the current deal of this week to the right side of the website and add in a new promotion. It makes sense to wait incase they have something really sweet next week. Of course, if you're worried about the product being sold out go right ahead! :lol:

[quote name='soup or man']This site is legit. I have ordered from them many times and am very picky about my anime collection. They have imports as well as domestic stuff. Just make sure you're ordering the domestic. I've made probably over 50 orders there over the last 4 years and had no problems except 1 (defective item). Which they resolved quickly. They usually don't have very good deals. I normally shop at rightstuf, but occasionally they'll have something I can't find anywhere else and very rarely a better price.[/quote]
The imports are bootlegs. Its as simple as that.
Therefore, you shouldn't buy there. Cuz supporting bootleggers is NOT cool.

[quote name='Azumangaman']The imports are bootlegs. Its as simple as that.
Therefore, you shouldn't buy there. Cuz supporting bootleggers is NOT cool.[/quote]

Well I don't really know anything about imports or bootlegs because I've always avoided both, but good to know.

Is the Cowboy Bebop Remix worth it if I already own a legit regular copy? I actually got duped by an eBayer and got a bootleg set before I knew about all the bootlegging that goes on. The picture quality was terrible. I am glad I got my real set. Anyway, is the sound better or something on the Remix set?

[quote name='Kendal']Is the Cowboy Bebop Remix worth it if I already own a legit regular copy? I actually got duped by an eBayer and got a bootleg set before I knew about all the bootlegging that goes on. The picture quality was terrible. I am glad I got my real set. Anyway, is the sound better or something on the Remix set?[/QUOTE]
Remix has 5.1 audio, if you care about that. I'm sticking with my original set.

I really urge you guys to NOT buy from this retailer. Anybody who sells bootlegs should not be supported, and it's really taking a toll on the anime industry - first Geneon went under, and now ADV is in trouble. DO NOT BUY FROM BOOTLEG DISTRIBUTORS.

I agree with Kirin. I want my anime companies to survive.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Remix has 5.1 audio, if you care about that. I'm sticking with my original set.

I really urge you guys to NOT buy from this retailer. Anybody who sells bootlegs should not be supported, and it's really taking a toll on the anime industry - first Geneon went under, and now ADV is in trouble. DO NOT BUY FROM BOOTLEG DISTRIBUTORS.[/quote]

Those prices suck anyways. Looking at the price of that Berserk boxset is laughable. Thats 35% off. I got mine cheaper at Best Buy.

After the 35% is applied most of those sets can be found for around that price at retailers.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Remix has 5.1 audio, if you care about that. I'm sticking with my original set.

I really urge you guys to NOT buy from this retailer. Anybody who sells bootlegs should not be supported, and it's really taking a toll on the anime industry - first Geneon went under, and now ADV is in trouble. DO NOT BUY FROM BOOTLEG DISTRIBUTORS.[/quote]
I agree with you 100%. Say no to bootleg retailers even if they try to sell some domestic products.

For those who are looking to get the Cowboy Bebop - Remix: Complete Collection, it should be included in the Bandai Entertainment studio sale (should 40% off retail price) later today @ RightStuf.com. It will make it about $29.99 or $26.99 for Got Anime members.

I think its much cheaper to get anime at rightstuf with the anime card they have. Wouldn't hurt to skim around their bargain or closeout bin they have

bread's done
Back