Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy with the show on any officially released NA media since it doesn't exist yet. :D
Yes that as well. But...sadly again it was just sitting there at Tokyo Tv. I don't think any other company was interested in releasing it here in the US. I just hope there will be enough interest in it. I have money burning so I can back it.

If this was a campaign to get a second season, I'd probably donate quite a bit to see that happen, but for just to see an English dub, I'm not all that interested personally on that.

I realize it has nothing to do with Funi anymore, but I think I'd sunglehandedly fund a project to get Lupin III released again with the pioneer dub.

It's getting harder to find the US DVDs even at ridiculous prices.

Sorry I didn't mean to say that big companies weren't allowed to use KS, just that they shouldn't. That being said, there are exceptions to that like Shenmue 3.

Ghost stories has the greatest dub of all time. It single handedly turned a mediocre show, into a comedic masterpiece.

Because I'm in talks with the person doing it. ;) They have less then the 500 people sign up even for the promo email.
for something that wasn't advertized well at all that is actually good to me. only reason I signed up is because I actively searched for more information a few days after the announcement. the promo site wasn't listed to sign up for on any major site I know of, i found it from some random smaller site that covered it.

beyond that, while I have done some talking about it, I don't see the point in going crazy about getting people to care until the thing goes live. Still think indiegogo is the wrong way to do it, the extra protection if they get close but don't quite make it would be a moot point on kickstarter because they already would have gotten at least 50% more funding on kickstarter but w/e I got $100 I can pledge day 1 to try to help. Really wish indiegogo would shift to like kickstarter and not charge until the end. Charging right away just screws over everyone. Customers because you have to have the money to support it at the time of pledge, and the project because less people pledge early because they are charged, less people pledge in the middle because a project looks less likely to succeed, though you have about the same amount of pledging at the end between people who were just waiting and people who try to push it to the end but then forget.

edit: just went through my email and saw the talks about the promo stuff. it isn't less than 500 it's more like 250 people which is more of an issue.

excited-thief.jpg

I want to create an alt account so I can like this twice.

Geez, lots to read since last night.

Anyways, regardless if you back the Kickstarter or not, Escaflowne is a fantastic series and well worth the purchase. It'd be better if Mr. T was in it, but still good now.

As for a Case Closed KS, that would likely have to be done by Discotek since they seem to be the ones interested in the franchise now.

Now that Discotek is re-releasing Lupin in some very nice sets, I may have to sell my Geneon DVDs. I really wish re-releases were always better.

I still had escaflowne CE version with figure and Escaflowne Movie CE version with Free Giant Escaflowne Figure (Samgoody PROMO)  all Sealed.  KindaI hard to believe #1 Anime publisher in the US getting too greedy.  Funimation knows better Escaflowne on Blu-ray will sell very good.  Kinda bonus check for them to do kickstarter.  If they success they will do another one and another one.   I say! We will not support this GREEDY trend if we do we will see another call of duty, Assassin's Creed,  Battlefiled, Destiny and more in the future.

Geez, lots to read since last night.

Anyways, regardless if you back the Kickstarter or not, Escaflowne is a fantastic series and well worth the purchase. It'd be better if Mr. T was in it, but still good now.

As for a Case Closed KS, that would likely have to be done by Discotek since they seem to be the ones interested in the franchise now.

Now that Discotek is re-releasing Lupin in some very nice sets, I may have to sell my Geneon DVDs. I really wish re-releases were always better.
sadly I don't know if I would support a sub only conan release and i think that is all discotek would do.

There is a lot of filler in conan that I just wouldn't want to rewatch unless I had a dub to experience it in a different way :/

I am perfectly happy to get the show with or without a dub.

Not the end of the world...or at least not for me. :p
They've said that the license from TV Tokyo requires them to dub it, or it won't get released at all.

That said, I didn't realize that it wasn't enough to plan on contributing, we also have to sign up for email spam or the licensors will be sad.

I am perfectly happy to get the show with or without a dub.

Not the end of the world...or at least not for me. :p
uh... it's get the show with a dub or not at all period.

there is no if this fails we will just get a subtitled version... the skip beat campaign is not just for a dub like funimation's it is all or nothing and tv tokyo won't let it come over without a dub.

They've said that the license from TV Tokyo requires them to dub it, or it won't get released at all.

That said, I didn't realize that it wasn't enough to plan on contributing, we also have to sign up for email spam or the licensors will be sad.
to be fair they are a very small company trying to take on a big project that if the big project fails could easily put them out of business. it's not that surprising that they are worried and and trying to do what ever they can to make it succeed and are overly troubled by other things.

Now I wish they did a kickstarter instead. ~_~
As do I, I even said as much to the person in charge earlier.

They chose indiegogo because of their campaign extension rules and the fact one of the people they are working with did the skullgirls campaign and had a positive response.

I calmly explained the extension is a trap that likely will just make your suffering before success longer, that indiegogo has a much worse reputation than kickstarter, and that the fact indiegogo takes your money right away makes a lot of people not pledge early on which causes other people to not pledge because it doesn't look like it will succeed and what not.

no matter the result with the conversation with them it doesn't seem like skip beat will launch on march 1st anymore, it will likely be nearly a week later now.

As do I, I even said as much to the person in charge earlier.

They chose indiegogo because of their campaign extension rules and the fact one of the people they are working with did the skullgirls campaign and had a positive response.

I calmly explained the extension is a trap that likely will just make your suffering before success longer, that indiegogo has a much worse reputation than kickstarter, and that the fact indiegogo takes your money right away makes a lot of people not pledge early on which causes other people to not pledge because it doesn't look like it will succeed and what not.

no matter the result with the conversation with them it doesn't seem like skip beat will launch on march 1st anymore, it will likely be nearly a week later now.
It's strange how they can't tell the difference considering they had literally just done a project on Kickstarter that was incredibly successful, so not sure why they aren't just going with experience, and what worked very well for them in the past.

Boggles the mind.

It's strange how they can't tell the difference considering they had literally just done a project on Kickstarter that was incredibly successful, so not sure why they aren't just going with experience, and what worked very well for them in the past.

Boggles the mind.
not sure, they have a small following on kickstarter, they can message all their backers on kickstarter, people are more confortable on kickstarter. I suppose they might like some of the after the campaign things indiegogo has set up as you can leave campaigns open for people to get in after the fact, but really you could set up a web page to do that with kickstarter too it's not that hard.

sadly I don't know if I would support a sub only conan release and i think that is all discotek would do.
There is a lot of filler in conan that I just wouldn't want to rewatch unless I had a dub to experience it in a different way :/
I'm split in the FUNi dub. On one hand, the actual voices are all extremely wonderful (especially Richard's voice. Can't stand Kogoro's voice), but the script has a lot of FUNi-ness in it that makes some of the mysteries easier than in the Japanese version.

I'm split in the FUNi dub. On one hand, the actual voices are all extremely wonderful (especially Richard's voice. Can't stand Kogoro's voice), but the script has a lot of FUNi-ness in it that makes some of the mysteries easier than in the Japanese version.
I can get that, and really I would prefer a dub that starts over and keeps the japanese feel. The dub makes sense though since they were trying to get it on tv and a number of the cases are super boring for people who don't know japanese because there are a number of word plays on japanese words and what not.

It's not even the word plays. The biggest example was an early 2-parter which had Conan investigating a wealthy man being murdered on his yacht and one of the family members being the culprit.

In the original Japanese version, one of the culprits uses bread as an eraser for his paintings, but it's never stated that the eraser is made out of bread until the very end when Conan does his thing. In the English version, he states right out that it's made out of bread, so when Conan finds the bread crumbs later on, any mystery is suddenly gone.

Every so often there would be a change like that and it annoys me.

like usual... I don't have real anime deals but i have a close other thing.

Just noticed that amazon has some nice preorder prices on some upcoming light novels

No game no life 5 $8.97

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, Vol. 5 $9.06

Sword Art Online 7: Mother's Rosary $8.97

Spice and Wolf, Vol. 17  $8.33

The Devil Is a Part-Timer, Vol. 4 $9.39 (5 cents more than I have it preordered on rightstuf)

Accel World, Vol. 6: Shrine Maiden of the Sacred $8.72 (3 cents more than I have it preordered on righstuf)

i'm looking for more, a number of them are around $10 which is a bit more then they would be during a normal rightstuf sale (which is usually around $9.40)

RightStuf is having a Leap Year sale where a few of their Bargain Bin items are reduced even more. There's nothing really worth getting except the Gad Guard hat for $0.29. http://www.rightstufanime.com/Gad-Guard-Hat

Lemme tell you, that hat is awesome and pretty high quality. I just wish I had waited until now to get another one instead of spending $3 during the last RS sale.

This may be an out of nowhere question, but has Viz given any statements on why Sailor Moon S hasn't been released outside of Neon Alley yet?

I'll go to any site to make Skip Beat happen, but I agree Kickstarter is my preference. Why is it going to be a week later? I was running around indiegogo looking for their Skip Beat campaign and didn't find it anywhere...

I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I'll probably be in later rather than sooner, but in the end, it's Skip Beat, so I'm probably still going to contribute, but hopefully it will not be for naught.

I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I'll probably be in later rather than sooner, but in the end, it's Skip Beat, so I'm probably still going to contribute, but hopefully it will not be for naught.
I hope so as well. As long as word gets spread around then hopefully it'll be ok. Also I think you'll be ok on waiting. I think I was number 2 on the $150 tier

I hope so as well. As long as word gets spread around then hopefully it'll be ok. Also I think you'll be ok on waiting. I think I was number 2 on the $150 tier
$80 for blu-ray. They should put down $60. More peoples will jump on. I waits till end of the month for my taxes return ;)

I jumped in for $150. Not really cost effective, but I want this to come over bad. They tack on $15 shipping too (not sure about other levels), so it was $165.
I can't believe it! They ripping you off extra $15 on shipping. That's so lame. They should give peoples Free Shipping when they Put in $80 or more. Greedy Bastard.

I'll definitely contribute for Skip Beat, but I wish they charged at the end of the campaign and not immediately, in case I want to change my tier or anything.  It seems a pain to have to contact CS to adjust things.

bread's done
Back